• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dagger Is Back

• davemclaren

• Alex

• Tams bird

On 16/11/2017 at 20:15, Dagger Is Back said:

On 25 November, the day of the home game against Ross County, Big Hearts will host a Foodbank Collection in support of the Community One Stop Shop. http://www.coss-broomhouse.org.uk/

The Community One Stop Shop has been assisting the residents of Broomhouse and its surrounding area for over 15 years. In November 2012 they launched the Broomhouse Foodbank which offers free packs of food to families and individuals in crisis.

Supported by donations of non-perishable food, they are able to make a real difference to families living in poverty in the area.

The collection will be held between 130pm and 3pm at Gorgie Dalry Stenhouse Church (Gorgie Road), by the Gorgie Stand entrance, where donations can be handed in to the team of volunteers in attendance.

The following suggested items would be gratefully received;

- Tinned meats i.e stew, chilli, minced beet etc

- UHT or powdered milk

- Soup

- Pasta sauces

- Pasta/Rice/Couscous

- Tinned vegetables

- Cereals

- Tinned fish

- Biscuits

- Toiletries

- Tinned beans

Many people find it difficult to support events like this in terms of finding the time to get donations along to a collection point etc so with the agreement of the JKB Board, we’ve set up a donations function to allow people to contribute financially to this worthwhile cause. This will run from now until 9pm on 28 November.

If you’d like to donate, please follow this link http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/clients/donations/ 

The proceeds will be collected and once we have a final amount, the Community One Stop Shop will draw up a shopping list of much needed items.

We’ve approached a local wholesaler who has kindly agreed to provide the items required at as best a price as possible, and this will allow us to maximise the value we are trying to add.

JKB has a long and proud history of supporting many charitable causes and any contribution you can make will be much appreciated.

I’d like to thank the JKB Board for their valued advice and support.

BH.jpg

Over £1100 now. Great effort. 

• redm changed the title to *** Big Hearts Foodbank Collection - Saturday from 1:30 ***

Donated to the fundraiser for this worthy cause I will see how I feel when I get into town(having taken my medication) and that will determine whether I add some stuff to the collection at the church.

Dagger Is Back

A huge thank you to everyone who donated today and to those who have donated to this fundraising campaign

If you didn't manage to donate today and would like to contribute, this campaign will end on 3 December

13 hours ago, brownkg said:

Donated to the fundraiser for this worthy cause I will see how I feel when I get into town(having taken my medication) and that will determine whether I add some stuff to the collection at the church.

Donated a bag full and had a good chat with the volunteers sorting the stuff out

On 23/11/2017 at 07:57, Dagger Is Back said:

We’ve now extended the closing date to Sunday 3 December.

Thanks folks 

So will the church hall be open to receive donations next Saturday.  The volunteers were very thankful for the stuff. 

7 hours ago, brownkg said:

Donated a bag full and had a good chat with the volunteers sorting the stuff out

I was helping out and again the amount of donations exceeded expectations. The other  volunteers were from the food bank and are obviously very passionate about it. It was wonderful to see how happy/excited they were as the donations came in.

Thank you to everyone who donated.

7 minutes ago, JAMBONI said:

So will the church hall be open to receive donations next Saturday.  The volunteers were very thankful for the stuff. 

I think Dagger is referring to the online donation which he/JKB/the food bank  are going to use to buy items specifically needed.

35 minutes ago, Alex said:

I think Dagger is referring to the online donation which he/JKB/the food bank  are going to use to buy items specifically needed.

OK thanks for the help.....Easier than hawking bags of tins and jars along from Sainsburys.  I was knackered before the game never mind after it !!!!!!

Cheers

Dagger Is Back
1 hour ago, JAMBONI said:

Sorry for the confusion. It's the online donation function that is being extended.

Dagger Is Back
1 hour ago, Alex said:

I was helping out and again the amount of donations exceeded expectations. The other  volunteers were from the food bank and are obviously very passionate about it. It was wonderful to see how happy/excited they were as the donations came in.

Thank you to everyone who donated.

Glad you could help out Alex. I'll be in touch about that other project in due course.

Neilson's Shank

Handed in a bag of stuff about 14.30 yesterday looked really busy, how did things turn out?

Brilliant to see the monetary donations going so well.

Fxxx the SPFL

The bag I had was too heavy to lug along to Tynie but as I work at the Government buildings at Broomhouse we have a couple of collections each year for the Broomhouse food Bank so I will take mine in tomorrow but well done to all involved.

On 27/11/2017 at 20:26, kevinref said:

well done

Brilliant effort with Xmas coming up.

On 27/11/2017 at 20:26, kevinref said:

DPqJ-jXX0AAD__B.jpg

31 minutes ago, Alex said:

Not fat off the £1500 target now.

I was just thin 

.....king that too :happy:

On 26/11/2017 at 17:29, davemclaren said:

Now over £1300 collected which is awesome. Just to remind folks that this appeal will stay open until 3/12. If you want to donate then the link is here. 

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/donate/make-donation/

Now close to the £1500 target with 3 days to go.  A brilliant effort. 

As always, the members of Jambos Kickback have exceeded all expectations. Be assured that all donations of food and cash will go to help some of the most vulnerable individuals and families in our community and our partner on this, The Community One Stop Shop, are blown away by your generosity.

We'll do a last check and final update into early next week. 

Huge thank you from all at Big Hearts.

Bazzas right boot

Good to see we've beaten the £1500 target.

Now in a surplus, it's the Hearts way nowadays.:thumbsup:

On 26/11/2017 at 17:29, davemclaren said:

Now over £1300 collected which is awesome. Just to remind folks that this appeal will stay open until 3/12. If you want to donate then the link is here. 

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/donate/make-donation/

We will close this over the weekend. Thanks to all who have donated so far.