U20s v Partick

Mikey1874

Footballfirst

Excellent all round performance goes without saying.  Hearts could easily have racked up double figures, with Hamilton, Sandison, Keena, Morrison and McDonald all passing up some great chances.

The goals were all well worked, particularly when we started hitting them on the break. 

I don't know the average age of the Partick side, but I suspect that Hearts wouldn't be any older.

No failures, but I'd give MOTM to Callumn Morrison.

letsalldothebeattie

Wow what a score line for the Wee Jambos that is. Hopefully we can bring Morrison back in January and Keena looks to be in some good form. Worth a punt in coming games? 

Footballfirst

Partick Thistle FCVerified account @ThistleTweet 51m51 minutes ago

FT. Partick Thistle Dev 0 Heart of Midlothian Dev 6 (Morrison 3, Keena 2, Leonard) #PTFCDev #SPFLDev

Heart of MidlothianVerified account @JamTarts 51m51 minutes ago

FT: Partick 0-6 Hearts (Morrison 2, Keena 3, Leonard) #weejambos

==============

The dubiety about Hearts second goal, came from Keena's shot hitting the underside of the bar, then over the line (in my opinion), back off the underside of the bar again and out to Morrison who knocked it over the line just to be sure.

I thought I saw the far side linesman start to run towards the halfway line before Morrison knocked the ball in, so I think the goal had already been scored.

25 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

They pulled out the league and now they play teams from England I believe.

Anyone have any idea why? That seems a bit backward to me.

4 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Anyone have any idea why? That seems a bit backward to me.

Bettur kwality   aye oapizishun. Keep gettin hammered but.

2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I would bring him back. He has pace in abundance,  something which is lacking in the first team. Add to that an eye for goal and it seems to be a no brainer. 

Swap with Lewis Moore perhaps

CornhillHearts
50 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Interesting to note our far superior away results v "home". 

The times I've been to 20s games it's always struck me how dreich it is at Ochilview midweek and I get the impression the players don't particularly enjoy playing there. 

I assume there's a reason for it, but I don't think playing our home games at Stenhousemuir does us any favours. 

I've seen Keena several times for the under 20s this season. I haven't been overly impressed by him. He works very hard and leads the line quite well effort wise but lacks finesse and composure when opportunities arise. He hasn't scored in the games I've seen and has missed several chances. It could be that as he is young he's taking a while to settle in and is doing so now. I wasn't at last night's game which is a pity as he played well apparently.

To me Currie and Zannata are better but patience is the game. Keena is on a two year contract but time will tell.

Footballfirst
2 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

How did Beith play last night, from anyone who was there?

Everybody played well last night with Beith winning the midfield battle against the experienced Gary Fraser.

Funtime Jambo
2 hours ago, cookieboy said:

Is Currie injured ?

Currie  played in a bounce game at the weekend against a Livingston first team and scored 2 not sure if he got injured.

scott herbertson
26 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Everybody played well last night with Beith winning the midfield battle against the experienced Gary Fraser.

Wpuld think this run of home games is Beiths last chance to feature and stake a claim

rudi must stay
3 hours ago, Killinman said:

I've seen Keena several times for the under 20s this season. I haven't been overly impressed by him. He works very hard and leads the line quite well effort wise but lacks finesse and composure when opportunities arise. He hasn't scored in the games I've seen and has missed several chances. It could be that as he is young he's taking a while to settle in and is doing so now. I wasn't at last night's game which is a pity as he played well apparently.

To me Currie and Zannata are better but patience is the game. Keena is on a two year contract but time will tell.

Three year deal actually. And we've paid cash. Don't think it'll be long before he's in the first team, seems a cocky wee player and very promising

Archived