BRYAN JACKSON

TexasAndy

Bridge of Djoum
38 minutes ago, Spencer said:

I presume the ones who crack one off in this thread aren't also Vlad lovers. Would be a touch duplicitous if they were 

Although with kickback you never know. Any way the wind blows and all that 

You're truly an embarrassment to yourself.

57 minutes ago, No Wing Mirrors on Trains. said:

You're truly an embarrassment to yourself.

Cheers Fidel. Means a lot to me 

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, Buffalo Bill said:

Reminds me of a chance meeting I had in Tesco in Haddington a couple of years ago, just after we'd won the Championship. You know thing when you walk past someone and then you say hello because you think you recognise them from somewhere?

I say "Oh, Hi Bryan", and he said "Hi" back. And then I felt a wee bit compelled to say something else so I talked a bit about Hearts to which Bryan politely seemed happy to chat about.

Then I said something like "...and in a way, much of that is thanks to you for the great job you did over that year".

Bryan looked at me a wee bit confused. "What do you mean?" 

I said "...about great job you did during admin and getting us over the line."

"I don't know what you mean?" said Bryan, who at this point, I thought was just being humble.

I looked at Bryan for a second. 

"Bryan?"

"Yes"

"Bryan Jackson?"

"No, Brian Inness"

30 seconds later, I was in my **** ing car.

Brilliant.

Just last week I had a interview, I called the guy in , talked for about ten minutes, asked him a few questions etc:

guy answered, seemed keen.

It wasn't the right person. taken about fifteen minutes before he said, who are you , again? why do you want me?

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Spencer said:

I presume the ones who crack one off in this thread aren't also Vlad lovers. Would be a touch duplicitous if they were 

Although with kickback you never know. Any way the wind blows and all that 

Do you like to start a fight in an empty room by any chance or the guy at the end of the bar that is pished himself and just shouts random abuse to every passer by?

Some of your posts remind me of such "gentleman"

15 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Do you like to start a fight in an empty room by any chance or the guy at the end of the bar that is pished himself and just shouts random abuse to every passer by?

Some of your posts remind me of such "gentleman"

Toshy - I'm just posing the possible correlation between those who love the Russian and those who are gushing in praise for Bryan Jackson 

Would be a bit two faced, but with JKB anything is possible.

There was a VR thread last week which was an embarrassment.  Therefore it seems relevant 

I don't need to justify myself to you but thought I would share the context in my post 

Hopefully that hasn't offended you too much. Perish the thought 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Spencer said:

Toshy - I'm just posing the possible correlation between those who love the Russian and those who are gushing in praise for Bryan Jackson 

Would be a bit two faced, but with JKB anything is possible.

There was a VR thread last week which was an embarrassment.  Therefore it seems relevant 

I don't need to justify myself to you but thought I would share the context in my post 

Hopefully that hasn't offended you too much. Perish the thought 

Just strange that you seem to post negative stuff in every thread, often attacking other posters in a general , casual way.

I read the thread and it  was almost, if not 100% positive, then you come crashing in with a post that did seem out of context and not in line with the general theme of the thread.

Fair doos.

I don't take offence, I just find it strange or even interesting.

Crack on.

10 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

Absolutely - but I think he is a professional “plus”. He took an active interest in what he was doing and went that extra mile to ensure success. Having watched a local club go to the dogs as a result of the failure of an administration process (Kingstonian) where the club was “saved” by handing it over to someone who did not have it or the fans’ best interest at heart , I have nothing but admiration for the way Jackson conducted himself and managed the transition.

Like  a few others I wrote to him at his company afterwards just to thank him for what he did and it’s  a measure of the man that he wrote me a modest thank you note back.

Good on you Scott.  Wish I had thought of that.  Good on him too for thanking you for thanking him.  Now here's me thanking you for thanking him!!

scott herbertson
Just now, Kiwidoug said:

Good on you Scott.  Wish I had thought of that.  Good on him too for thanking you for thanking him.  Now here's me thanking you for thanking him!!

Thanks

i wish jj was my dad
10 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Read and digest fully what Bryan Jackson says in this interview.

Rome wasn't built in a day and neither will the rebuilding of the Heart of Midlothian.

The current custodians of the club are not building foundations for tomorrow, next year or the year after.

They are building for fifty years hence and beyond. Only the short sighted don't see this and alas there are a few of these in the Hearts support.

Our foundations are being built on solid stone and not sand as many football clubs appear to be.

Long may it continue. We shall not be moved.

Excellent post.  

Of course there are going to be bumps along the way but I am confident that the days of living hand to mouth are over.  It might not be sexy and might not grab the headlines but we're heading in the right direction.  Bryan Jackson played a huge part in making that happen. 

5 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Had the pleasure of sitting beside him at a dinner a couple of years ago when he gave me a real insight to how Hearts were saved.  Do not underestimate the chaos to the process those Leith bitter tossers caused him, with their bogus fax offers and reports of inflated Edinburgh land prices sent to the Lithuanians!!

They wanted us dead - NEVER ever forget that! 

Have no fears on my account Thomaso.  I used to be of the persuasion that while I didn't like them they were our strongest rivals and we shared the same city.

I absolutely cannot stand them now and wish them nothing but misery.

Coming down to the Championship with us and staying for 3 years was just the beginning.

11 hours ago, Koolkeith said:

Nothing but love for that man.

Wouldn't put it that strongly!

However the Brian Jackson stand doesn't sound too bad.

Coburg Hearts
10 hours ago, Buffalo Bill said:

Reminds me of a chance meeting I had in Tesco in Haddington a couple of years ago, just after we'd won the Championship. You know thing when you walk past someone and then you say hello because you think you recognise them from somewhere?

I say "Oh, Hi Bryan", and he said "Hi" back. And then I felt a wee bit compelled to say something else so I talked a bit about Hearts to which Bryan politely seemed happy to chat about.

Then I said something like "...and in a way, much of that is thanks to you for the great job you did over that year".

Bryan looked at me a wee bit confused. "What do you mean?" 

I said "...about great job you did during admin and getting us over the line."

"I don't know what you mean?" said Bryan, who at this point, I thought was just being humble.

I looked at Bryan for a second. 

"Bryan?"

"Yes"

"Bryan Jackson?"

"No, Brian Inness"

30 seconds later, I was in my **** ing car.

There's never a hole when you need one hahaha

8 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Had the pleasure of sitting beside him at a dinner a couple of years ago when he gave me a real insight to how Hearts were saved.  Do not underestimate the chaos to the process those Leith bitter tossers caused him, with their bogus fax offers and reports of inflated Edinburgh land prices sent to the Lithuanians!!

Some if them did for sure. Not all bug many did 

Jackson also said at the time that the situation he came into at Hearts was the worst and most perilous state that he encountered in a football club in his professional capacity 

You would think that would resonate with those who went into another mass frenzy that greeted yet another VR thread last week 

Certainly always talked very positively about the resolution and loyalty of the Hearts support 

6 hours ago, Darren said:

:lol:

I don't work for Hearts in a senior management position or play for the team so I'm not sure why that would be necessary but I'm happy to start it off for you.

1. Trying to have a reasonable conversation with a man whose life revolves around an imaginary friend.

I have plenty of sensible conversations but, that kind of primary school humour tends to convince me that it would be a waste of time.

My imaginary friend has told me not to cast my pearls before swine.

54 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Some if them did for sure. Not all bug many did 

Jackson also said at the time that the situation he came into at Hearts was the worst and most perilous state that he encountered in a football club in his professional capacity 

You would think that would resonate with those who went into another mass frenzy that greeted yet another VR thread last week 

Certainly always talked very positively about the resolution and loyalty of the Hearts support 

Vlad was a mad *******, no question. But he was our mad ******* and, since you seem to get away with indulging a contrary style to enable you to get all passive-aggressive with other posters, I reserve the right to be contrary and state my love for the madcap ******* even despite his stewardship of the club being, at times, bonkers and ultimately rather negligent. We were an nth away from being stuck at Murrayfield with a hardy party of about 5000 souls under pie-man and flats on tynie and, notwithstanding that VR's empire flat-lined nearly taking us down with it,  his time in charge was never dull and he still played a big part in our ending up where we are now. 

And I enjoyed it when he stuck it to the stiffs at the SFA, the refs, the old firm and anyone else he fancied.  

You'll just have to accept that some of us are able to form a more nuanced view of things and accordingly adopt a position that, to lesser minds, may appear "duplicitous". :P

Duff and Phelps at OldCo Rangers were allegedly professionals too. Jackson's BDO did a considerably more complicated job at Hearts for less money with a far better result.

7 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

I have plenty of sensible conversations but, that kind of primary school humour tends to convince me that it would be a waste of time.

My imaginary friend has told me not to cast my pearls before swine.

Your inability to question those who are exalted would lead me to the same conclusion.

19 hours ago, Thomaso said:

And to think some Hearts fans preferred them to win the Scottish cup rather than their glasgow opponents recently ?

He should definitely get a half time introduction at some point , lovely fella who went above and beyond the duties of his job imho. 

scott herbertson

Maybe Ann’s lining him up for a role when she retires. Whether or not that happens he’s part of our glorious history.

Walter Bishop

Top bloke. Met him outside the main stand after the game the championship trophy was handed out. Asked him for a photo with My son, he was quite embarrassed and his wife/partner laughed asking why he’d want a photo with him, I just replied

“”This man saved Heart of Midlothian” 

Should always be remembered for the work he put in and how he galvanised the support and club at such a difficult time. 

3 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

Top bloke. Met him outside the main stand after the game the championship trophy was handed out. Asked him for a photo with My son, he was quite embarrassed and his wife/partner laughed asking why he’d want a photo with him, I just replied

“”This man saved Heart of Midlothian” 

Should always be remembered for the work he put in and how he galvanised the support and club at such a difficult time. 

Thats a really heartwarming story haha :) 

I'd love Bryan to take up a role in the club. God knows he's qualified enough!

8 hours ago, Darren said:

Your inability to question those who are exalted would lead me to the same conclusion.

Not all those who practice religion have declined to question it.

Colin is exactly correct -- these are childish insults. Grow up.

43 minutes ago, Ugly American said:

Not all those who practice religion have declined to question it.

Colin is exactly correct -- these are childish insults. Grow up.

I think you'll find Colin had a go at me initially for daring to question some of the decisions made by senior management at Hearts. A quite unnecessary dig, IMO.

I'm confident he can defend himself, however, and rest easy in the knowledge he will forgive me if I stepped out of line.

1 minute ago, Darren said:

I think you'll find Colin had a go at me initially for daring to question some of the decisions made by senior management at Hearts. A quite unnecessary dig, IMO.

I'm confident he can defend himself, however, and rest easy in the knowledge he will forgive me if I stepped out of line.

Colin's comment was hardly out of line and was not a go at you personally, but at exhaustion by the number of backseat drivers in the fanbase declaring our management not fit for purpose because not everything they've done has gone perfectly.  Of course it is right to question decisions by the club, but the speed at which that devolves into "Levein must go," "the DoF model doesn't work," "Budge is the problem," or other hyperventilating nonsense is exhausting.

Now you may see yourself as apart from that crowd, and Colin's point being excessive with regards to you personally (though IMO it was entirely apt for at least several dozen regular posters). Fair enough, but don't respond with schoolyard insults, and when you do and are called on it, don't dig in.

I'm not immune to stepping out of line on this board but when I do so I try not to double down.

On 14/11/2017 at 14:29, colinmaroon said:

JKB should have a list of all your bad decisions, so that we can all castigate you for your failure/incompetence.

This is Colin's original post after I had the temerity to suggest "it doesn't mean we should excuse bad decisions being made now". There are a whole host of them, incidentally, should you choose to not simply toe the party line.

13 minutes ago, Ugly American said:

Colin's comment was hardly out of line and was not a go at you personally, but at exhaustion by the number of backseat drivers in the fanbase declaring our management not fit for purpose because not everything they've done has gone perfectly.  Of course it is right to question decisions by the club, but the speed at which that devolves into "Levein must go," "the DoF model doesn't work," "Budge is the problem," or other hyperventilating nonsense is exhausting.

Now you may see yourself as apart from that crowd, and Colin's point being excessive with regards to you personally (though IMO it was entirely apt for at least several dozen regular posters). Fair enough, but don't respond with schoolyard insults, and when you do and are called on it, don't dig in.

I'm not immune to stepping out of line on this board but when I do so I try not to double down.

Based on the quote above from Colin, it was quite clearly a go at me personally. I have no desire to set myself apart from the crowd in this instance but I'm not going to meekly sit back and let someone take me to task over a perfectly valid comment on what is, after all, a Hearts forum. It may have been apt, in your opinion, but there was absolutely no reason for it to be aimed at me alone.

I don't recall being critical of organised religion in the playground, perhaps a cultural difference there. If I have stepped out of line, and indeed if Colin has, then I'm sure the administrators of this board will act accordingly. Save your sanctimoniousness for someone else in future.

Some of the critics on JKB almost make Greenginger look sane.  Instead of nitpicking over project delays and poor signings look at where we are.  A relatively short time ago we almost ceased to exist.

I certainly hope Bryan Jackson us a guest on Sunday.  He played a critical role in our survival and the whole experience should be s celebration regardless of the result.

On 14/11/2017 at 19:48, BigDave'sHeed said:

Brilliant.

Just last week I had a interview, I called the guy in , talked for about ten minutes, asked him a few questions etc:

guy answered, seemed keen.

It wasn't the right person. taken about fifteen minutes before he said, who are you , again? why do you want me?

Reminds me of the beeb interviewing that taxi driver (I think) live on air :rofl:

12 minutes ago, Homme said:

Reminds me of the beeb interviewing that taxi driver (I think) live on air :rofl:

Just for you.

6 hours ago, Darren said:

This is Colin's original post after I had the temerity to suggest "it doesn't mean we should excuse bad decisions being made now". There are a whole host of them, incidentally, should you choose to not simply toe the party line.

Based on the quote above from Colin, it was quite clearly a go at me personally. I have no desire to set myself apart from the crowd in this instance but I'm not going to meekly sit back and let someone take me to task over a perfectly valid comment on what is, after all, a Hearts forum. It may have been apt, in your opinion, but there was absolutely no reason for it to be aimed at me alone.

I don't recall being critical of organised religion in the playground, perhaps a cultural difference there. If I have stepped out of line, and indeed if Colin has, then I'm sure the administrators of this board will act accordingly. Save your sanctimoniousness for someone else in future.

What has "organised religion" got to do with it?  Not that that term comes even close to where I am!

I'm sorry if I've taken you to task, because obviously, you're either too sensitive or genuinely never make mistakes

Archived