The Ashes 2017-2018

JWL

59 minutes ago, RobboM said:

I woke up about 3:30 and England had played well the first hour. Lyon made the breakthrough and Ali followed 2 balls later. Looks like Bairstow doesn't really trust the tail so he went quickly too. Disapointing after getting into a great position

It really was a great chance to apply some proper pressure. 

I don't think this Aussie team is that good. Just England are powder puff in attack. 

Bairstow left with no choice to swing when left with the England tail. 

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dusk_Till_Dawn
32 minutes ago, robbo1874 said:

Joe Root's dismissal was just brutal. Obviously a shot of someone feeling the pressure.

Just awful but he’s young is Root and the likes of Broad and Cook have been a disgrace on this tour.

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Just awful but he’s young is Root and the likes of Broad and Cook have been a disgrace on this tour.

He's not as young as he looks or many people think - 27 next week. 62 test matches. Really good player, but off form this tour.

Hope you guys saw Starcs dismissal of Vince. Unbelievable delivery!  

Dusk_Till_Dawn
14 minutes ago, babywhalo said:

He's not as young as he looks or many people think - 27 next week. 62 test matches. Really good player, but off form this tour.

Hope you guys saw Starcs dismissal of Vince. Unbelievable delivery!  

One of the best pieces of bowling you’ll ever see

ToadKiller Dog

White wash is definitely on. 

Cook needs sent home. 

Don't see anybody in the side that will save them this test . 

So poor 

Skittled out before lunch the morn. 

Australia have turned up and done more than enough to win this series.

England just aren't good enough. It's been like that for a while. Don't believe they are mentally strong enough and its a inherent problem. Away series are a bigger challenge than they seem to be able to manage. 

If series was in England I think England could win due to the conditions and just being at home.  

1 hour ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

White wash is definitely on. 

Cook needs sent home. 

Don't see anybody in the side that will save them this test . 

So poor 

Skittled out before lunch the morn. 

Mother nature is about their only chance!

Dusk_Till_Dawn
19 hours ago, Boof said:

Mother nature is about their only chance!

It’s had a good go but England 7 down now.

Gubbed. Watched from about 5am till the end. Poor stuff from England, Moeen Ali is a favourite of mine but looks a beaten man. Anyway, can't wipe the smile off my face from the footie yesterday ;)

Geoff Kilpatrick

It may be all over but I cannot wait for 10 hours time. Beer and cricket in 29 degree heat amongst a crowd of 92,000!

On 10/30/2017 at 08:02, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Roll on Boxing Day at the G!

:pleasing:

Going for 2-2 and a draw in Brisbane, amazingly.

You heading along Geoff? (Just realised you'll be in your kip at the moment). Anyway, big Hearts supporting mate of mine is heading along with his laddie who's out there working. Not sure what part as it says General Admission on the ticket. So if you see a big galootish looking 52 year old with a Hearts top on, that'll be him. Mon The Aussies!

Geoff Kilpatrick
5 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

He'll maybe be in Bay 13 amongst the radges.....

Enjoy guys.

Er no.

Top tier of the Olympic, in line with mid off when bowling from the Members.

BARMY ARMY!

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Just about to watch it on BT Sport. 

Would rather be where you are, mate.

Enjoy.

Same here, got a few stella on the go; see if I can last till lunch.

Watched the first hour or so before heading to my kip. The bowling at that stage looked very average. 

I read that they clawed it back a bit but looks like a bad toss to lose. 

Another tough few days in the field for England.

21 hours ago, robbo1874 said:

Watched the first hour or so before heading to my kip. The bowling at that stage looked very average. 

I read that they clawed it back a bit but looks like a bad toss to lose. 

Another tough few days in the field for England.

This post has aged well.

Brighton Jambo
1 hour ago, SE16 3LN said:

Cook saves his best for a dead rubber. He really has no bottle.

32 test centuries, has virtually won an away ashes series single handed, has scored more runs in Asia than any other non Asian batsmen including series wins against India and you reckon he has no bottle?! Either on the wind up or don't follow cricket 

2 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

32 test centuries, has virtually won an away ashes series single handed, has scored more runs in Asia than any other non Asian batsmen including series wins against India and you reckon he has no bottle?! Either on the wind up or don't follow cricket 

or look at recent form mate. He'did not have one innings when it mattered and then turns up when the ashes have been handed to Australia on a plate. This team should be ashamed of themselves. 

2 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

You're right though, i do know **** all about cricket but just enjoy watching it. Cook will no doubt show me how little I know :thumbsup:. Have a great New Year Brighton Jambo

Brighton Jambo
14 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

You're right though, i do know **** all about cricket but just enjoy watching it. Cook will no doubt show me how little I know :thumbsup:. Have a great New Year Brighton Jambo

Happy new to you too!  And I do agree the team should be ashamed, been a shambles from start 

21 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

Cook saves his best for a dead rubber. He really has no bottle.

You know nothing

thehibsareintheirbeds

Interesting start. Dead pitch but England bowlers starting to swing it and causing problems. Great chance to push on-another quick wicket would put them in a great position.

• 4 weeks later...

It's like a completely different sport the one days versus the tests.

Exact opposite the way the teams are it seems. 

England 3-0 win series with 2 to play. 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, robbo1874 said:

All out for 58 :facepalm:

Brutal stuff!

As an aside, Scotland robbed yesterday in qualification for the World Cup!

32 minutes ago, Boris said:

Brutal stuff!

As an aside, Scotland robbed yesterday in qualification for the World Cup!

Scotland were robbed. Totally dodgy lbw decision that affected the result substantially, in terms of the run rate decision.

Conspiracy theory ??? Would the ICB prefer West Indies or Scotland in the finals?? 

We are Scottish we love a conspiracy theory :conspiracy:

1 minute ago, merrymac said:

Scotland were robbed. Totally dodgy lbw decision that affected the result substantially, in terms of the run rate decision.

Conspiracy theory ??? Would the ICB prefer West Indies or Scotland in the finals?? 

We are Scottish we love a conspiracy theory :conspiracy:

:spoton:

It's a real kick in the teeth.  TBF, whether Scotland would have made the total is moot, but it was doable.

The LBW was shocking.

Was hearing on the radio that this could affect Scottish Cricket's budget now, so being so close to a gig that would have sorted the game for a few years to come, it now takes a backward step.  Real shame.

1 minute ago, Boris said:

:spoton:

It's a real kick in the teeth.  TBF, whether Scotland would have made the total is moot, but it was doable.

The LBW was shocking.

Was hearing on the radio that this could affect Scottish Cricket's budget now, so being so close to a gig that would have sorted the game for a few years to come, it now takes a backward step.  Real shame.

I was watching the game, and Scotland were well in control, and the Windies were sh***ing themselves. The guy given out was well set, and the decision was a joke, the ball would have been lucky to hit another set of stumps!!!

They also went off when the rain was not that heavy, it did get heavier later but another couple of overs might have made all the difference.

Shame cos they played really well.

Typical result for Scottish teams in all sports!!

Archived