Our fans are pretty shite

fabienleclerq

fabienleclerq

Can't fault Hearts fans in terms of buying tickets and financial backing but we are ****ing woeful at getting behind the team.

Aye it's poor viewing but even when it's not we barely sing. We will be the only team without the ultra style section soon, I know they acted like wee dicks but I'd rather that than silence or a roar of moans. I'm not having its just because the teams shite.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Atmosphere after the goal for 5-10 mins was great and the play was exciting, but then play slowed down and it became boring and predictable again

Rangers fans definitely won the singing contest...

We have had at most 2/3 shots on target combined in our 2 biggest games of the season, barely put a tackle in in either also but aye its the fans fault right enough!! Utter drivel! 

2 minutes ago, kila said:

Atmosphere after the goal for 5-10 mins was great and the play was exciting, but then play slowed down and it became boring and predictable again

Rangers fans definitely won the singing contest...

One song ish I counted, not exactly electrifying.

been here before

See if someone had the gumption to start a thread about new songs before every game then the place would soon be bouncing.

been here before
2 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Our three song repertoire was embarrassing at Easter Road.

Cant say I heard your great effort at any point this afternoon. What happened?

I think folk are willing to sing when everyone else is, but it's getting the ball rolling

The young team did help get the ball rolling. That sort of thing is needed, preferably containing fewer wee shites though.

5 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Whoever decided to spread 18000 fans over 3 stands needs their jotters.

Agree. They tried to keep people close to their Tynecastle position when it was an opportunity to give people an option to go quiet or loud.

Could have been so much better.

Flag go ok today, bud ?

Thought Police
1 minute ago, been here before said:

Cant say I heard your great effort at any point this afternoon. What happened?

Too far away mate. I tried shouting you to join in but you couldn’t hear me.

9 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Can't fault Hearts fans in terms of buying tickets and financial backing but we are ****ing woeful at getting behind the team.

Aye it's poor viewing but even when it's not we barely sing. We will be the only team without the ultra style section soon, I know they acted like wee dicks but I'd rather that than silence or a roar of moans. I'm not having its just because the teams shite.

Because our supporters don't like naughty songs with swear words or song's that are not from the 3 song Heart of Midlothian hit list. 

1 minute ago, Boab said:

Agree. They tried to keep people close to their Tynecastle position when it was an opportunity to give people an option to go quiet or loud.

Could have been so much better.

Flag go ok today, bud ?

All folded up and in the safe hands of the SRU. (I just about posted where but don't want to give any vermin ideas)

Watching shite like that is hard to get behind. Fans not the problem, the coaching staff need bolted and get people in who how to win football matches 

Thought Police

If folk say it’s the quality on the pitch that’s the problem, they’re wrong. It’s been terrible for years. Even when 2-0 up against Hibs in the cup it was pretty dire.

Just now, Thought Police said:

If folk say it’s the quality on the pitch that’s the problem, they’re wrong. It’s been terrible for years. Even when 2-0 up against Hibs in the cup it was pretty dire.

Yip. Been a problem for a while.

Wait until next Sunday. That Kilmarnock side have just had two very good results back to back

They'll fancy a win next week under a proper manager 

All roads lead to Gorgie

The direness of our play at times is very draining and even the most passionate fans appear to have lost the spark to get the songs going. If we could actually keep the ball in the opposition half it would help the atmosphere but just as any song starts we lose possession and find ourselves defending a corner or something. We should try harder with the atmosphere but the players need to show more too.

manaliveits105

Think you’ll find most fans are quiet when their team is not playing well it’s human nature 

whereas subhumans like Celtic do attention seeking chants even when getting embarrassed in Europe

1 minute ago, Spencer said:

Wait until next Sunday. That Kilmarnock side have just had two very good results back to back

Yup, dreading next week. Kilmarnock a different side now and we're there for the taking.

Some positive news about Cowie, Djoum and Hughes could change things though.

Just now, kila said:

Yup, dreading next week. Kilmarnock a different side now and we're there for the taking.

Some positive news about Cowie, Djoum and Hughes could change things though.

Cowie or Djoum aren't the answer either though.

Realistically we need about 10 in and 10 out in January. We're seeing with each passing week that we've got numerous players in our squad absolutely incapable of making a meaningful contribution 

I'm sorry but our fans are outstanding. 

The amount of dirge we have had to put up with over the last few years is astonishing, yet 18000+ continue to turn up and incredible numbers fund FOH.  

We deserve better than what is being served up just now and if things don't change fast, I suspect we will turn on Levein pretty soon. 

Have a go at the fans?? Behave whoever is in charge of recruitment should be getting it in the neck not the bloody fans. We are putting up with this dross week in week out. The fans who turn out in their numbers are the only positive about this club right now!

8 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Thankfully we have a manager now who will never ever allow a Hearts team not to turn up for a derby and a manager who would never allow under his leadership a poor understrength Rangers team in disarray and under interim  managership turn us over.

We are a very poor home support when it comes to making noise, have been for years now.  Had a season ticket in section N last season and it was crap, god knows what section A etc must've been like! 

We 100% do need a singing section.

5 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Thankfully we have a manager now who will never ever allow a Hearts team not to turn up for a derby and a manager who would never allow under his leadership a poor understrength Rangers team in disarray and under interim  managership turn us over.

You REALLY REALLY don't like him do you?

Jambof3tornado
34 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Whoever decided to spread 18000 fans over 3 stands needs their jotters.

This. North south and east would have kept the fans more together. Sitting in the west stand is bloody terrible for watching football.

Murrayfield has been a necessary evil. We've done well to pick up 4 points whilst there to be fair.

33 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

And here we go.

I'll lay odds on post4 before the terms "sectarian " and "racist ' are used.

Yawn.

When we get back to Tynecastle,  Hearts should try and sort out a singing section. The "ultra" style with a drum seems to appeal to the younger fans of other clubs and seems the modern way. It might be worth trying it again as the atmosphere has been poor at home in recent seasons. 

6 minutes ago, graygo said:

You REALLY REALLY don't like him do you?

He's right though 

What a complete mess we're in 

We need more songs. 

And we need to be watching football that makes us passionate, and thus sing.

Some things have to change in big ways.

The OP mustn’t have been in Dingwall recently. The Hearts fans were absolutely bouncing for 90 mins.

Our fans aren’t shite, but when the team is this bad you are only going to get a great atmosphere when the fans are well lubricated.

Gonnae huv tae stand beside the op on this.

Im an auld radge.

And try to sing.

Just to put ye in the picture.

Id also be in .

(Poetry time) 

Anyway before the hibs game i went to the artisan

Boys in there were singin their hearts out.

There was a few sectarian songs but the ones that got voiced were ones i have not heard.

Good tunes tae.

Due to 3 bar staff only i left after 5 mins.

Ive said before hearts need to cater for younger lads wanting a laugh.

Like it or not old moans .

When i was a teen hearts were really shite.

The unbreakable bond was formed supporting them and havin a laugh with like minded hearts supporters

It’s pretty much the same at all grounds. We are no worse than most. Obviously if the game was to get heated or exciting the atmosphere would improve. Seems little chance of that at the moment though.

36 minutes ago, kila said:

The young team did help get the ball rolling. That sort of thing is needed, preferably containing fewer wee shites though.

I think every clubs young team will contain a fair few wee shites. Teenagers are just like that. 

We, of course, will be looking for the school prefects who do charity work in their rare time away from studying. 

after watching Hearts for over 50 years it's always been ups and downs and certainly I have written off this season as clearly we are investing in the ground and not the team. In a few years we will see the benefit of what we are achieving just now but too many fans with short memories in our support these days. HHGH

Just now, Bowmans_Boot said:

I think every clubs young team will contain a fair few wee shites. Teenagers are just like that. 

We, of course, will be looking for the school prefects who do charity work in their rare time away from studying. 

And that about sums us up. 

I was in section 5 today, 3 empty seats to my right, 4 empty to my left,  felt like Potter 

no mates, whats that all about, should be getting the fans a bit closer together.

bringbakterracing

Been saying it for years on here. Was at that shithole on Tues and they had several hundred with flags drum etc and it works. Our PC, timid fans really don't want anything like that. Every team in the league outsings us at every game. Fact. 

And I will mention it again, when we were on bones of our arse years ago, getting gubbed every week, we had a noisy,  vociferous support.  Soft as shite hearts fans now!

43 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

The fans are shite just now because Levein and his coach's lackies are clueless.

The fans have no belief and that is all down to the team and it's staff.

Budge hasn't a clue about football management and is in Leveins pocket. What he comes out with she will back him. Watching Hearts is murder and painful for anyone who loves Hearts.

Great we've had Budge , CL , the players now we are on to the fans , the fans ffs 

Just be done with it and **** off and support Hibs or some other club . 

Archived