Surely it's time for answer

ethan14

As the title states, I pay £40 a month contribution and £375 a season ticket plus most away games so what is going on. I'm sure some pay a lot more and some pay less so just looking for answers myself but to me I could get a season ticket for a top premiership team for less so it's starting to get a bit worrying.

Why footballing wise are we so bad ?

Why has so much money been invested in a new stand when the product on the park is so bad ?

Why have we signed so many dreadful players ?

Why has Craig levein been given a three year contract ?

Why do we have the inability to string three passes together when we have a state of the art facility at riccarton ?

What does FOH do ?

Where does our contributions go and what are they spent on ?

Why are we not challenging for trophies and top spots in the table ?

Why are we getting pumped off the worst rangers team in history ?

Some may say this is a over reaction but I'm genuinely just looking for answers, I have zero time to attend AGMs so just looking for answers .

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ethan14 said:

As the title states, I pay £40 a month contribution and £375 a season ticket plus most away games so what is going on. I'm sure some pay a lot more and some pay less so just looking for answers myself but to me I could get a season ticket for a top premiership team for less so it's starting to get a bit worrying.

Why footballing wise are we so bad ?

Why has so much money been invested in a new stand when the product on the park is so bad ?

Why have we signed so many dreadful players ?

Why has Craig levein been given a three year contract ?

Why do we have the inability to string three passes together when we have a state of the art facility at riccarton ?

What does FOH do ?

Where does our contributions go and what are they spent on ?

Why are we not challenging for trophies and top spots in the table ?

Why are we getting pumped off the worst rangers team in history ?

Some may say this is a over reaction but I'm genuinely just looking for answers, I have zero time to attend AGMs so just looking for answers .

Before it became unusable?

3 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Before it became unusable?

I'm sure it could of been done a lot cheaper than it has therefor allowing more investment in something decent to watch on the park ?

I can answer one of them.  We got pumped by the worst rangers team in history cause in my 43 years thats the worst hearts team i have seen

1 minute ago, savage said:

I can answer one of them.  We got pumped by the worst rangers team in history cause in my 43 years thats the worst hearts team i have seen

True statement but the answer is why are we so bad ?

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
1 minute ago, savage said:

This. This side has relegation written all over it. 

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, ethan14 said:

I'm sure it could of been done a lot cheaper than it has therefor allowing more investment in something decent to watch on the park ?

The investment will be worth it in future.. Will ensure greater revenues and player investment in future.. We should have invested the money we do have better 

Starting to wonder myself. Granted we are not paying big wages but their must be better players for the money we pay.  It looks like we spunked all the wages on berra and lafferty and hoped they could carry 6 or 7 journeyman and a couple of youngsters. Project failed.  Season is a write off and we will go between utter pish and mediocrity until May

Matthew Le Tissier
2 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

Behave mate 

bottom 6 aye 

relegation naw

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

The investment will be worth it in future.. Will ensure greater revenues and player investment in future.. We should have invested the money we do have better 

Surely investment at the present would have ensured greater revenues and fan support in the future ? to me the project is totally  back front, when hearts are exciting you struggle to get a ticket 

Gavsy Van Gaverson
5 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

Honestly, you read some shite on here.

:facepalm:

2 minutes ago, The Comedian said:

I'd love the mystery man who signed the Pole to explain why he should play for Heart of Midlothian. 

He has one thing he is OK at, putting a long floating ball down the park, not surprising Levein played him

He really is honking though, should've covered Berra for their first goal, and did **** all to stop their third

I’m actually the same mate. 

Its about time we start to get some answers as to who scouted and signed this bunch of imposters!!!! I would rather watch 11 kids than watch that shit as the result would be the same. No better no worse. We are big game bottlers and yeah sure we will beat your Hamilton’s and Ross county’s more often than not but for what we are all paying per month we deserve more. 

And another thing is it wont change when we get back to the so called saviour of Tynecastle as we are that bad there is no chance we will go on a winning run there either. It’s an 8th or 9th places finish with this side and it’s not good enough

10 minutes ago, rick witter said:

I’m actually the same mate. 

Its about time we start to get some answers as to who scouted and signed this bunch of imposters!!!! I would rather watch 11 kids than watch that shit as the result would be the same. No better no worse. We are big game bottlers and yeah sure we will beat your Hamilton’s and Ross county’s more often than not but for what we are all paying per month we deserve more. 

And another thing is it wont change when we get back to the so called saviour of Tynecastle as we are that bad there is no chance we will go on a winning run there either. It’s an 8th or 9th places finish with this side and it’s not good enough

Course we should, FOH for example should be sending every contributor a token email every month telling us where the money is going and what it's getting spent on. For me I want to know what service is being provided for my contribution and why are we going backwards instead of forwards on the park. Surely everyone feels the same ?

We are rancid, an unmitigated shambolic shit show but we won't be relegated. That's an indictment on some of the complete dross in the poorest overall SPL in history more than it is that we having any redeeming qualities. 

45 minutes ago, savage said:

In your 43 years did you just start watching Hearts this season? The second half of last season alone was worse. The McGlynn season was worse. The 07/08 season was worse. That's just in fairly recent years. 

4 minutes ago, ethan14 said:

Course we should, FOH for example should be sending every contributor a token email every month telling us where the money is going and what it's getting spent on. For me I want to know what service is being provided for my contribution and why are we going backwards instead of forwards on the park. Surely everyone feels the same ?

Wouldn't the email just say: "The new stand"?  

MacDonald Jardine
6 minutes ago, ethan14 said:

Eh no. That's ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Eh no. That's ridiculous. 

Why is it ridiculous ? It's serious amounts of money being contributed ?

Lucille's Thirsty

Romanov era: We had heart, passion and grit about us on the pitch despite the upheaval of it.

Budge era: The complete opposite.

As I've said the season is a right off,  I'd accept top 6 right now as well as show up versus the vermin. Get the whole stadium redeveloped then get ride of the dross in the squad. Start spending the fans money on players.

After that not much.

49 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

It's been a rubbish week but come on... no need to be so melodramatic

MacDonald Jardine
Just now, King prawn said:

It's been a rubbish week but come on... no need to be so melodramatic

Under Cathro it did.

The last couple of games are reminiscent of that.

Holyrood_Hearts
52 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

No it doesn’t. It’s bad but get a grip seriously.

1 minute ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Under Cathro it did.

The last couple of games are reminiscent of that.

Last couple of games without a doubt. Quite a few games this season in fact but Dundee, Hamilton and Partick will play much worse for longer periods.

10 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

In your 43 years did you just start watching Hearts this season? The second half of last season alone was worse. The McGlynn season was worse. The 07/08 season was worse. That's just in fairly recent years. 

For me it's the worst squad as far as players with basic football technique is concerned. We have had worse losing runs but even at those times the players were able to pass, tackle, defend etc. 

The only 3 decent players are Berra, Lafferty and Goalie.....have to agree with the point of giving Levein a 3 year contract....although thankful for what Budge did to save the club.....his length of deal bemuses me 

Tokyo Drifter
55 minutes ago, The Comedian said:

I'd love the mystery man who signed the Pole to explain why he should play for Heart of Midlothian. 

Do you mean Nowak or Grizzly? I'm guessing Grizzly.

In the great scheme of things you cannot count money for away games as "putting money into the club" - that is you putting money into other clubs whilst following Hearts. In addition, the total sum of the money you do put in barely pays one player for half a week, and since you put that money in voluntarily, it kind of gives others the responsibility for spending that money. If they decide a new stand is the priority then so it is...

We are bang average at the moment, but as I say the priority is off-field just now...

1 hour ago, ethan14 said:

Then you’re short sighted.

We cant do both unfortunately.

We're so bad because we've tried to penny pinch on the European Market, took a massive unnecessary gamble with Cathro and it's gone tits for arse . The players brought in were substandard and money was wasted. Cathro didn't work and left us below our projected budget for this season and now we're ****ing skintito because we've went over budget on our new stand. 

If the product on the park continues to be this gash, we'll have a lovely new stand with no ****er to sit in it and we won't finish top 6 and therefore we'll have to make cuts to our playing budget for next season. 

It's an absolute ****ing pisstake how far we have regressed on the park since Neilson left. 

Big changes need to be made. We need a proper scouting system and we need to start making considered decisions on the players we sign. 

3 minutes ago, jamtartally said:

The only 3 decent players are Berra, Lafferty and Goalie.....have to agree with the point of giving Levein a 3 year contract....although thankful for what Budge did to save the club.....his length of deal bemuses me 

You should look up who the goalie is.....

3 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Then you’re short sighted.

We cant do both unfortunately.

But am I really, did so many millions have to be spent on this new stand, hibs east stand was 6 million odd I'm sure, why did we have to go 'state of the art and settle for dross' which in my opinion should have been business point number one ?

16 minutes ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

Romanov era: We had heart, passion and grit about us on the pitch despite the upheaval of it.

Budge era: The complete opposite.

As I've said the season is a right off,  I'd accept top 6 right now as well as show up versus the vermin. Get the whole stadium redeveloped then get ride of the dross in the squad. Start spending the fans money on players.

After that not much.

How many seasons do we need to write off though mate to put this right. Last season was a write off!!! Now this season is a write off by all accounts as it’s plain to see with this squad we will not beat any of the top 6 teams. 

Defeats to Celtic, Rangers, Motherwell, Hibs and a draw with Aberdeen is pathetic. We need answers as to how this squad has been allowed to have been assembled. This is one of the worst Hearts teams I can remember ever watching 

Lucille's Thirsty
2 minutes ago, ethan14 said:

But am I really, did so many millions have to be spent on this new stand, hibs east stand was 6 million odd I'm sure, why did we have to go 'state of the art and settle for dross' which in my opinion should have been business point number one ?

Hibs east stand was just that a stand.

Our "main" stand is a stand which is more than seats, we have offices with a glass facade etc.

£14M is for the complete redevelopment of Tynecastle not just the main stand either.

5 minutes ago, ethan14 said:

We had to put in corporate facilities and if we are going to do this project lets do it right so we dont have to do it again.

Once step back two steps forward.

The mistakes have been in recruitment and depending on your view of the DOF its either CL or those that have been HC.

As a result we have a tight budget and we have to fill a shortfall but it is only temporary.

5 minutes ago, jamtartally said:

Fair point fella - Joe McLaughlin

He was horseshit today just like the rest of the clowns on the park

Lucille's Thirsty
4 minutes ago, rick witter said:

How many seasons do we need to write off though mate to put this right. Last season was a write off!!! Now this season is a write off by all accounts as it’s plain to see with this squad we will not beat any of the top 6 teams. 

Defeats to Celtic, Rangers, Motherwell, Hibs and a draw with Aberdeen is pathetic. We need answers as to how this squad has been allowed to have been assembled. This is one of the worst Hearts teams I can remember ever watching 

If you're honest with yourself RW, you kind of knew this was going to be the case because we didn't get rid of Cathro before the end of last season. We let him buy utter dross let him implement some pussy tactics and now we find ourselves in a position of our own doing.

Cathro should've been emptied after the Hibs humping.

MacDonald Jardine
6 minutes ago, ethan14 said:

Settle for dross?

I've been critical of the way the project has gone but wouldn't describe the stand as "dross".

Lucille's Thirsty
2 minutes ago, Boab said:

Things aren't good at the minute but it's the real dramatists that are writing off the season in October.

If we manage to get top 6 with this squad even with some new signings mate, I'll be surprised as anyone and Levein has done a good job.

2 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

We had to put in corporate facilities and if we are going to do this project lets do it right so we dont have to do it again.

Once step back two steps forward.

The mistakes have been in recruitment and depending on your view of DOF its either CL or those that have been HC.

As a result we have a tight budget to fill a shortfall but it is only temporary.

Fair point but could we not have got away with say three more years with the old stand. Put together a really good squad, generated a total buzz around hearts, generated a lot more cash flow by getting to the likes of Europe, winning cups then developed tynecastle ensuring bums on seats everytime.

Just now, Lucille's Thirsty said:

If we manage to get top 6 with this squad even with some new signings mate, I'll be surprised as anyone and Levein has done a good job.

I hear you, mate. Grim at the minute but my point stands, we're in October. Looks to me like a combination of confidence and ability. The former can be fixed.

Lucille's Thirsty
3 minutes ago, Boab said:

I hear you, mate. Grim at the minute but my point stands, we're in October. Looks to me like a combination of confidence and ability. The former can be fixed.

We are so good off the pitch, everything is going well but things on the pitch have taken a back seat IMO, it just isn't good enough at all considering the cash we stump up and put into the club.

1 hour ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

We are so good off the pitch, everything is going well but things on the pitch have taken a back seat IMO, 

Are we really "so good off the pitch", though?

The new stand has had timescales missed twice, no new deadline given, the capacity is less than we had originally been told and is significantly over budget (we do not yet know how much as the club do not see it as important to tell us). 

If any other Scottish club had managed a new stand project as we have, we would all be laughing at them and their amateur efforts. 

1 hour ago, rick witter said:

He was horseshit today just like the rest of the clowns on the park

He was not that bad fella 

3 hours ago, The Comedian said:

Said that after Tuesday. How did we find him? Who came to the decision to sign him? How is he still getting game time? Is today the last time I'll ever watch him in a maroon shirt? Totally baffling.

32 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

Are we really "so good off the pitch", though?

The new stand has had timescales missed twice, no new deadline given, the capacity is less than we had originally been told and is significantly over budget (we do not yet know how much as the club do not see it as important to tell us). 

If any other Scottish club had managed a new stand project as we have, we would all be laughing at them and their amateur efforts. 

The lies about the reasons for the delays which had to be corrected, an extra £2m for more toilets and kiosks and being 'scammed' certainly suggest we're not being ran that well off the park.

Archived