****HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN vs HIBERNIAN****

Pennywise

So we move on! Go into the derby with another win and above the vermin. I can see us playing a 4-5-1 & I hope Prince is nowhere near the starting line up. My head says a h1b5 win.

My heart says 2-0 to The Famous.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

HMFC every day, poor game today in a void of a stadium lacking any passion, derby is a completely different animal.

We have to be up for it. More urgency. Hope Craig batters it into the likes of Goncalves just how much these games mean.

5 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

We have to be up for it. More urgency. Hope Craig batters it into the likes of Goncalves just how much these games mean.

No doubt about that. CL knows what its about and no player will be allowed to hide or not fight 100%. If they are having an off day, fair enough, it happens, but their workrate needs to be at the absolute peak. And will be. 

Lucille's Thirsty

Midfield wins it for me. Whoever controls it.

we need to shut these up this whole unbeaten run is getting on my nerves.

Buaben should be nowhere near that game on Tuesday.

If Cowie was fit I'd play him. Cochrane deserves a start. Walker and callachan play so it's one more in an ideal world for me.

45 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

So we move on! Go into the derby with another win and above the vermin. I can see us playing a 4-5-1 & I hope Prince is nowhere near the starting line up. My head says a h1b5 win.

My heart says 2-0 to The Famous.

We have to pack the midfield so I agree play a 4-5-1 and pray Buaben  is not in the squad.

1 minute ago, the_jailer said:

We have to pack the midfield so I agree play a 4-5-1 and pray Buaben  is not in the squad.

Surely with him getting hooked at half time today Craig has finally had enough. Hope Cowie is back. Callachan will be like a coiled spring for this one, probably been dreaming of playing in this game since he was a laddie. Walker knows what means as well. 

It's a difficult one in terms of how we line up. 

i would go

mcglaughin 

brandon RB

souttar

berra

Smith LB

callachan

cochrane

walker

milinkovic

isma

lafferty

we really can't afford to start Buaben in this match, he wants far too long on the ball and doesn't contribute anything worthwhile. 

Start Lafferty up front as our main target, none of this wide left nonsense and get walker and isma running along side him when he wins the headers. 

Could really use Djoum and Cowie back to boost the CM roles. 

Play like we did today and they''ll give us a doing on Tuesday. I'm already dreading Smith trying to pin-down Barker - the guy they have on loan from Man.City.

Elias Henry Furst
1 hour ago, jambo1975 said:

Are we at home like? 

We’re always first when it comes to these peasants.

Elias Henry Furst
48 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

Surely with him getting hooked at half time today Craig has finally had enough. Hope Cowie is back. Callachan will be like a coiled spring for this one, probably been dreaming of playing in this game since he was a laddie. Walker knows what means as well. 

Buaben was injured I think.

1 minute ago, JohnB said:

Play like we did today and they''ll give us a doing on Tuesday. I'm already dreading Smith trying to pin-down Barker - the guy they have on loan from Man.City.

I only saw their game to 2-0 but I thought barker looked fast as eff but shit. A Sproule for our times. Did he get better after that?

6 minutes ago, JohnB said:

Ffs. Aye whatever. Am really worried about Tuesday. FTH. 2-0 to the famous

Generally games are won and lost from the "engine room"...this worries me for the Derby

Young Cochrane is an excellent talent but do we throw him in the to the heat of a derby which make no mistake it will be.

Hibs have 1 thing about them, experience, which for me is crucial in a game like this.

As you may take from my post I am really worried about the centre of the pitch but I have far more confidence going into a Derby under Levein than Neilson / Cathro

Goan the Jy Tees!!

10 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Generally games are won and lost from the "engine room"...this worries me for the Derby

Young Cochrane is an excellent talent but do we throw him in the to the heat of a derby which make no mistake it will be.

Hibs have 1 thing about them, experience, which for me is crucial in a game like this.

As you may take from my post I am really worried about the centre of the pitch but I have far more confidence going into a Derby under Levein than Neilson / Cathro

Goan the Jy Tees!!

Agree

If we had cowie in beside him it would be better. Old head to help out

portobellojambo1

The only thing I'd say is I hope we select a midfield to reflect the way we want to play, rather than just selecting a midfield to try and stop them playing. To me that is showing them too much respect, and showing a lack of confidence in ourselves.

3 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

The only thing I'd say is I hope we select a midfield to reflect the way we want to play, rather than just selecting a midfield to try and stop them playing. To me that is showing them too much respect, and showing a lack of confidence in ourselves.

Indeed but it would be poor to not consider nullifying McGinn in my opinion as doing so weakens them considerably.

portobellojambo1
Just now, Jamboelite said:

Indeed but it would be poor to not consider nullifying McGinn in my opinion as doing so weakens them considerably.

My opinion would always be that if you want to stop an opposition midfielder playing the best way to do so is set your own midfield up in a way which means the opposition players have to change how they play, i.e. force them to play more defensively, rather than just packing the midfield and hoping that they have an off day.

They will come at us 100mph. If we can defend well for the first 25 or so then I think we will grow into the game.

Won't be easy but I'm sure we can't be as bad as last year

I'm fairly sure we will show up with a bit more fight this time round. The midfield is my biggest worry though. I personally think we should set up to prevent them overrunning us. I don't think they're as clinical in the final third as they like to believe though. 

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, mscjambo said:

Buaben should be nowhere near that game on Tuesday.

If Cowie was fit I'd play him. Cochrane deserves a start. Walker and callachan play so it's one more in an ideal world for me.

Levein was interviewed pre-match today and said Cowie got the final call on his injury. Cowie told Levein he couldn't play today, was doubtful for midweek and would assess things for next weekend. 

We need a midfield to compete. We were week today but we scraped a win. Unfortunately a better oposition and we are in trouble. Hope prince is kept away from this one.

letsalldothebeattie

We will be more up for this game than we have in recent ones. We have more players who know what it means and what it means to play for the shirt like Souttar, Berra, Callachan, Cochrane, Walker & Lafferty. Levein will also get the team up for it. He knows what it means and has a good record against the Wee team. 

I’m always confident before a Derby because we should be but given that we are in decent form, above Hibs & as mentioned got players who know what it means makes me even more confident. 

2-0 Hearts on Tuesday now let’s do this

As eye watering as today was I'm still confident for this one. Were capable of getting a goal or two but it's more at the back. We've been there with Hamilton Tziolis Avlonitis and Sowah this time we'll have Mclaughlin Berra Souttar and Smith. I feel defensively we're in far safer hands. Levein will ensure we're up for this one. 0.1 Lafferty i reckon. 

Hibs where awful today but their midfield is class. It actual pains me to say it but McGinn and Bartley are game winners for them when it comes to us. We haven’t laid a glove on either of them in the past 6 derbies or so. Today we where non existent in the middle of the park, we can’t be that poor on Tuesday. Up top they look toothless as stokes is poor. Barker and that lord of the rings ex celtic boy blow hot and cold so not overly worried about them. Control the midfield and we control the game. The best thing about today’s Hibs result is they will focus on the fact that they scored twice and feel like they pushed Celtic all the way. The fact is, Celtic never got outta 2nd gear and never actually looked in trouble. The penalty changed the game for about ten minutes but that was it. Hibs will be overly confident, unjustifiably, and that needs to be acted on by us. We certainly look more gritty than we have been in a few years and less of a soft touch. We also seem to have more players that know what the derby is all about. We also have a manager that will get the best out of the average players as well. Looking forward to Tuesday now. 

2 hours ago, Mort said:

It's a difficult one in terms of how we line up. 

i would go

mcglaughin 

brandon RB

souttar

berra

Smith LB

callachan

cochrane

walker

milinkovic

isma

lafferty

we really can't afford to start Buaben in this match, he wants far too long on the ball and doesn't contribute anything worthwhile. 

Start Lafferty up front as our main target, none of this wide left nonsense and get walker and isma running along side him when he wins the headers. 

Could really use Djoum and Cowie back to boost the CM roles. 

Sorry but that side, specifically that midfield would get bulldozered! Would be utterly astonished if Levein plays Milinkovic, Cochrane, Isma and Lafferty. We would get dominated. Randall is a certainty to return in my view. 

alicante jambo
9 hours ago, JohnB said:

I know what you mean regards that boys pace he was untouchable for 20 minutes but the rest of the game i never heard his name.

Is the game on TV?  If so can anyone please tell me what channel?

Cheers in advance.

Captain Sausage

Why do people say that if we play like yesterday, we will get horsed?

We just beat a team above Hibs in the league table. It wasn’t pretty, but we dominated the game and got the three points. 

If we keep it as tight as we did yesterday, I fully expect to see the Hibs defense give us a big chance or two. If you look at the table, Hibs and StJ have both scored/conceded a near identical amount. It’s not out of this world to then suggest a similar performance may see us pick up a good three points. 

Thankfully we have CL in charge now.

He knows how to set a team up.

I still have a concern over the key area of midfield.

Get that right and we'll win. 

ffs some folk on here have McGinn and Bartley as Xavi and Iniesta. Teams have shown how average they are this season with a simple man marking job/pressing job and they can't handle it. 

Hibs are very average and Levein will have these guys fired up for the fight. Only way I can see Hibs getting anything out of the game is if they play the way they did at Tynie last year. I.e fouls every 2 seconds to stop us playing and lobbing the ball in the box and hoping for a lucky break.

1 hour ago, Sarah O said:

Is the game on TV?  If so can anyone please tell me what channel?

Cheers in advance.

It's on BT Sport.

I'm going to Easter Rd with hope rather than expectation.

Our full back and midfield areas are a real concern. I love Harry Cochrane but do wonder if it's too much for him right now. Jamie Walker has a tendency in games against Hibs, especially at ER of not turning up at all.

Both full backs are also a huge concern.

Having said that Hibs at the back are poor, their keepers are awful, and they're not scoring too much either.

CL will have the team well organised and well up for it which is something that's been sadly lacking in our performances against Hibs in recent years so hopefully we can sneak a win.

Anyway, can't wait. I love midweek derby games under the lights, awesome, can't believe we haven't sold out yet, wouldn't miss this game.

13 hours ago, JohnB said:

They have proved they are not capable of giving anybody a doing.

12 hours ago, poultry said:

We need a midfield to compete. We were week today but we scraped a win. Unfortunately a better oposition and we are in trouble. Hope prince is kept away from this one.

Maybe but Hibs are Not a better opposition than St Johnstone hence the league placings.

My main concern is our own fans. We need to be up for this from the first whistle till the final whistle. None of this sitting down malarkey at the start,make some noise and let the lads on the park know we are up for this and the rest will follow!!!

I'm going with expectation rather than hope, these rats have had their time. Cathro cowards are no more and Levein will have us up for a scrap. I have a zen like calm that we will beat them. 

Our defence is solid and I have no fear about what they will do. Big lafferty late winner. As those fantasist like to say, it's the narrative arc 

So Make Some Noise..

I almost feel like a repeat of yesterday with a scrappy / lucky winner would **** them off even more than if it were total football.. :laugh:

Archived