****HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN vs HIBERNIAN****

Pennywise

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ricardo Shillyshally

Daft, I know, but I couldn't help think back to a game when Scott Leitch ran the show again at them at Fester (20 years ago?). We really could have done with someone like that tonight

16 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

Okay mate calm down.  You seem to be taking a little too much pleasure from this than I would expect from a hearts man..... 

He took she’d loads of pleasure from us not being towards the top of the league last season when ever he quoted me.

kind of weird behaviour 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Shit performance 

didnt think we were gutless - we got stuck in

just really shite with the ball

Yip, basic things-

Passing

Control

Movement

Wrong choice several times- everyone guilty, even Lafferty, we had s 5 on 2, shite over hit pass.

Grizzly and Randall can't even take a proper first touch

Our left back position ....

Nelly Terraces

The depth of problems we have is currently so deep that what scares me is how long this could take to turn around. It won't be overnight & we're also skint plus I've no faith in us scouting & signing decent replacements for the dross we have on the books now. 

36 minutes ago, Aaron78 said:

Berra is head and shoulders above anyone else we have in this squad in terms of quality and commitment.  I almost feel sorry for him having to work with the squad we have as he could be playing at a much higher level.

We should be delighted he is with us and any opinions to the contrary are absolutely mental.

It's certainly not those who hold opposite opinions to yours that should be doubting their sanity. 

Just a suggestion but it might be a good idea to have a really good think about what you're saying.

BTW, I'm not sending this from the Royal Ed.

Holyrood_Hearts

No getting away from it, tonight was a dreadful performance.

I’d hoped pre-match Levein got what the Derby means to the fans, & yeah the effort was there. But the amount of daft needless fouls we gave away played into their hands.

In hindsight, the decision to play Brandon after Saturday was a mistake. Starting Grezlak and Henderson, and leaving Lafferty isolated for so long too is CL’s fault. 

We all know Hibs main strength is the Midfield, so how Randall, Grezlak & Callachan (who was particularly bad) couldn’t cope is a mystery. 

12 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

The depth of problems we have is currently so deep that what scares me is how long this could take to turn around. It won't be overnight & we're also skint plus I've no faith in us scouting & signing decent replacements for the dross we have on the books now. 

I think you're the first to highlight the fact that we're almost certainly skint and it's that that really bothers me. When I think of the money we've spent on absolute duds - particularly those we've given long contracts to - it makes me want to throw up. Sadly there's a part of our support who actually believe that we can just have a clear-out every year, bring in another batch and have the funds to do so. I'm sure the reality of the financial situation is not lost on CL and that's why we're seeing so many youngsters being blooded.

15 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

He took she’d loads of pleasure from us not being towards the top of the league last season when ever he quoted me.

kind of weird behaviour 

You predicted we'd win the league. Laughing at your prediction was the only pleasure I got!  Still I'm sure you'll predict something correct at some point! 

27 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

Who have I ridiculed? Didn't want to have a dig at you so sorry if it came across that way.  I had high expectations for a Levein hearts team (I won't apologize for that) and we just went through the motions for 90 minutes and done nothing.  Yes I had high expectations, hibs have done **** all for weeks and we have been doing alright away from home. 

Fair play man. You were certainly far from alone in thinking Levein would change things. I'm afraid the issues are far more deep rooted though because scraping wins at the likes of Ross County with this group of players was never going to equate into doing the same at Easter Road. The whole occasion and pressure was always going to get to them. Keeping possession becomes difficult for average to poor players nevermind creating chances and scoring goals. Hibs regardless of not being a great side by any means have the personnel, experience of plenty big games recently and attitude that was always going to see us 2nd best. And it's exactly how it turned out. And though it will be an unpopular opinion on here with she (who cares?!) Lennon knows what he is doing and has done a very job at Fester.  

11 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

You know who I blame

Robbo and Rudi for retiring.

its all their fault.

When will we see their likes again.......

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
50 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Daft, I know, but I couldn't help think back to a game when Scott Leitch ran the show again at them at Fester (20 years ago?). We really could have done with someone like that tonight

that was a masterclass from a very underrated player

Its a sad day when aiming to have the same quality in midfield as Hibs is something to aspire to. Their midfield and wide players are frankly in a different class to our current options. We'll finish below them whilst that situation persists, sorry to say. 

56 minutes ago, JohnB said:

It's certainly not those who hold opposite opinions to yours that should be doubting their sanity. 

Just a suggestion but it might be a good idea to have a really good think about what you're saying.

BTW, I'm not sending this from the Royal Ed.

Someone protests too much I think......

Berra an overrated plonker??  As I said, he's been head and shoulders above anyone else in the squad this season, has improved significantly since Wolves paid 2m for him, and we should be delighted to have a player of his pedigree in the team when he could be playing at a higher level.

I'll be down at the Royal Ed tomorrow to ask them to restrict your internet access before you hurt yourself.......

Good news - believe it or not.  Being extremely old I completely forgot to go out and place my $100 bet on a Hearts win.

It should have been ten
2 hours ago, Aaron78 said:

That may be one of the worst posts I've ever read on here, which is saying something.

Berra is head and shoulders above anyone else we have in this squad in terms of quality and commitment.  I almost feel sorry for him having to work with the squad we have as he could be playing at a much higher level.

We should be delighted he is with us and any opinions to the contrary are absolutely mental.

Aye ok Christophe :thumb:

12 hours ago, Morgan said:

Levein has total passion for the Hearts.

You are wrong to say he doesn’t.

Think perhaps you need to google the definition of the word passion.

17 minutes ago, dustybin said:

Think perhaps you need to google the definition of the word passion.

Fair enough, I’ll do that.

34 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Fair enough, I’ll do that.

No worries bud.

I'm not saying he doesn't have any passion for the club, what I am saying is I wish he'd physically show it now and again, maybe to pump up the team.

12 minutes ago, dustybin said:

No worries bud.

I'm not saying he doesn't have any passion for the club, what I am saying is I wish he'd physically show it now and again, maybe to pump up the team.

Got you!

:thumbsup:

Harry Cochrane should start against rangers on saturday. Only positive yesterday imo. Embarrasing that our beat CM is a 16 year old.

We also need to sign 2 or 3 pacy wingers in january to stand any chance of a decent league finish. Every successful team has pace and width in it but we seem to never want to sign such a player.

PhoenixHearts

As good as their wingers and more skilled mids like McGinn were, I think we really need somebody to sort out Bartley. Such a talentless hack, but he's clever. Can't count how many times he climbs on top of our players or just jumps between them and the ball, clearly obstructing, yet he gets away with it most of the time. If he was in the NBA he'd be getting called for blocking fouls and illegal screens left, right and centre.

I'm not sure what the solution is for this. We need a player of equal or greater huddiness to put up with him. Thought Randall or Grezlak could have had some fight in them, but apparently not. Cowie, Djoum, Buaben, Martin, Callachan, Nowak, Randall. Out of any of those we could put in the middle, none of them have the size or scrappiness to put up with Bartley's shit.

Next derby rolls around before the transfer window, so we can't even bring in somebody suitable. 

As good as the Berra/Souttar tandem is, I think it might be an idea to pair Berra and Hughes (If he's back) and play Souttar in front of the back line, anchoring the midfield. He's got size and a bit of skill. This a daft idea? 

(I'm not talking permanently. Just for Hibs. The intimidation factor our mid is lacking)

1 hour ago, Robbo51 said:

Harry Cochrane should start against rangers on saturday. Only positive yesterday imo. Embarrasing that our beat CM is a 16 year old.

We also need to sign 2 or 3 pacy wingers in january to stand any chance of a decent league finish. Every successful team has pace and width in it but we seem to never want to sign such a player.

Agree. 

5 hours ago, MacPhee said:

Meant to be funny?

Looking back i was agreeing with you but being arsey about it.

Nae offence just the mood i suppose we were all in.

Apologies bud

Bridge of Djoum
22 hours ago, Hendricks said:

I do not drive down the club. That is complete nonsense.  I am massively positive about the club off the field. I say it like I see it on the field. Care to advise me what I have said that is "driving down the club" on it?  I am not going sugarcoat how shite we are on the park. The squad stinks and is amongst the worst I have ever witnessed in 35 years of following us. If you are happy to accept to this dross then thats on you but I will continue to voice my opinions. Nothing about this first 50 minutes has surprised me. The recruitment is appalling. The Hearts fans again this summer have been taken for idiots, first by keeping Cathro then the wasted month arsing about before appointing Levein when we should have been bringing in quality players. You can keep moaning at me all you like, Ill keep bringing some reality to the board!

Another meltdown. 

Image result for blood pressure cuff meme

For what its worth we never picked up there midfield and they targeted young Brandon as a weak link, and the other thing we need a bit of pace on the flanks.

6 minutes ago, No Wing Mirrors on Trains. said:

Another meltdown. 

Image result for blood pressure cuff meme

Oh here she comes. No comment on last nights latest gash performance. Nothing about football whatsoever in fact. No suggestion that you got it wrong yet again, that I was spot on AGAIN!!  Mind you as if I expected that from someone as shallow as you!  You don't give a flying feck about Hearts 'mate', its all one big laugh. All you are bothered about is trolling. As I say you offer no opinion whether right or wrong about anything and as I've suggested numerous times before please block me if I offend you so much. Leave those of us willing to stick our neck on the line and say it like it is the platform to do so. Toddle on.

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Hendricks said:

Oh here she comes. No comment on last nights latest gash performance. Nothing about football whatsoever in fact. No suggestion that you got it wrong yet again, that I was spot on AGAIN!!  Mind you as if I expected that from someone as shallow as you!  You don't give a flying feck about Hearts 'mate', its all one big laugh. All you are bothered about is trolling. As I say you offer no opinion whether right or wrong about anything and as I've suggested numerous times before please block me if I offend you so much. Leave those of us willing to stick our neck on the line and say it like it is the platform to do so. Toddle on.

Seriously, go see a doctor. 

7 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

https://youtu.be/TmhuQqPcOtY

Bridge of Djoum
10 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

See, the thing is I did comment on football, on the game. I said I thought it'd be won by the team that wants it more, and it'll be won in the midfield, I was absolutely correct. I predicted a 0-0 or 1-0 to Hearts. I got the result wrong.  What I failed to do was post my opinion dozens of times to the detriment of the thread. 

You wind yourself up to the extent you fail to see reason and think your opinion is the correct answer. 

Breathe, man.

Breathe.

3 hours ago, jake said:

Looking back i was agreeing with you but being arsey about it.

Nae offence just the mood i suppose we were all in.

Apologies bud

I get it.

Just need to keep the chin up I suppose. Big game coming up no time to feel sorry for ourselves.

The tide will turn again and we will be back on top of the cretins from Lochend, let's not forget that.

Edinburgh will always be Maroon regardless of what they clowns think.

Facts and history don't lie.

Bridge of Djoum
15 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

And as for this comment. You're embarrassing yourself.

Just now, No Wing Mirrors on Trains. said:

See, the thing is I did comment on football, on the game. I said I thought it'd be won by the team that wants it more, and it'll be won in the midfield, I was absolutely correct. I predicted a 0-0 or 1-0 to Hearts. I got the result wrong.  What I failed to do was post my opinion dozens of times to the detriment of the thread. 

You wind yourself up to the extent you fail to see reason and think your opinion is the correct answer. 

Breathe, man.

Breathe.

And as I've said multiple times nobody is compelling you to read my posts! So don't. I'm not going to change how I post or the convictions with which I post with cos it upsets you. I'm prepared to say it like I see it see it whether you think I'm right or wrong but as I'm sure you are well aware although unprepared to admit it's often the former. 

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Hendricks said:

And as I've said multiple times nobody is compelling you to read my posts! So don't. I'm not going to change how I post or the convictions with which I post with cos it upsets you. I'm prepared to say it like I see it see it whether you think I'm right or wrong but as I'm sure you are well aware although unprepared to admit it's often the former. 

Image result for glue sniffing meme

Cory McNamara

Voices in the head said:

- Hibernian is stronger right now

- Hearts will improve after winter break

- Midlothians need a few good and experienced players

- Zero home games

- Now go and kill somebody

:spoton:

Archived