Favourite Derby Apart from 1-5

jake

michael_bolton
43 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

4-0 at Fester Road in 96/97? When Cameron scored two, one from about 40 yards.

3-1 at theirs, 95/96 season I think? 

Mixed the two together a bit.

4-0 was new year at Easter Road, Hamilton scored twice.

3-1 was earlier that season, Cameron scored from long range after Leighton made a mistake. 3-0 and game over at half time.

It's easy to mix them up, we hump them so often. My personal favourite was the 3-2 Boxing Day 2006 game. One of the best games I've ever seen.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
zoltan socrates

THe 3-1 first drby after the nearly season, at fester, Gordon hunter i think tried to murder sandy jardine who went off for about 20 mins to get his leg sewn up, he came back on too, we were imperious that day

1 hour ago, Deodato said:

Kevin Kyle's last-minute goal brought me closer to god. Fact. 

It's got to be 2010 at Easter Road when we were housed in the same stand as the Hibs supporters! Coming back from a goal down, feat last minute winner from Obua!

3-2 in '83. Just a pity the cameras didn't catch it. This 3-1 at their place was always one of my favourites. A last minute goal by Rudi in the Hearts end...sheer bliss!

This angle of Gowser's goal that day:

1 hour ago, Chaps said:

3-2 Boxing Day 2006 that game had everything. Another traditional Zibi **** up, Being 2-0 up then Sheils scoring the penaltly to get them back in to just basically assault Gordon, they hitting 2 posts. Think that was the game square heed called us a pub team before the match.

couldn’t get a ticket so had to watch it in a function room in a pub as wasn’t old enough to drink with my ex who was a hibby when Miko hit that screamer I decided to shake the can of juice and spray all over her.

Boot.

:pleasing: 

IIRC it was after this game he called us a pub team, a headline Frail pinned to the dressing room wall in the lead up to the next derby, the one after they'd won the wee cup

10 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

So many to choose from but has to be the 0-3 win after the takeover bid. What a fekin fabulous day that was. One of the best games and atmospheres I’ve experienced. The vermin were besides themselves

That was top class that day.

Салатные палочки

4-0 New Year game 1997. Robbo, Mickey x2 and Hammy. Absolutely skelped them on their own patch. Spoiled many a New Year party that night. 

Lots to choose from but the most recent one for me was when we were in admin and they were going to put us down but we effectively put them down!

What a great question.  So difficult as so many to choose from.  The semi final, Stamp's winner at ER.  The wayne foster game.  When all's said and done i always harp back to Robbo's derby debut, the 3-2 win in 1983.  Not just a long overdue win v them but the realisation of seeing a star being born in front of our eyes.  Not knowing then that we were watching our all time top goalscorer.  What a day.

yabadabadoo1874again

3 - 2

Best ever.

Robbo + Bone = Tectonic Shift in this most important of fixtures...???

The relegation party derby was brilliant.

Turned up with their balloons and party hats only for them to get pumped 2-0 and they go to get relegated themselves at the end of the season.

Hibs class!

The 3-2 in 1983.

The Mercer Derby.

The 4-0 Semi.

The 4-1 in 1973 after the infamous 0-7.

And, every win or draw when wee Robbo scored.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

There's so many. Truly been spoiled. Wouldn't care if hearts played another game against them...it's like we've fully conquered this game in all honesty. To give an answer though- 4-0 SPH day 2006. 

Really split on this one but for me the Fozzi cup game or the de Vries demolition.

Oh forgot the 4-0 Hartley semi.

Just too many to choose from

There can only be one and that was the post takeover at ER.

However I'm hoping that's replaced by Tuesdays game. We just have to put them back in their box....they're starting to wind me right up.

5 hours ago, So Make Some Noise.. said:

Sir Paul Day at Hampden

Just watched it again. Cheers for that.

SPH what a player. 

That team ?

My first derby was a special one, MY grandad forked out 50 quid taking me to ER in 04-05 with Webster heading in a last minute equaliser as we were beginning to sneak out. Absolute scenes in the away end. 

3-2 boxing day

4-0 semi

Zals winner

We've had a good few 

8 minutes ago, Jefferson Davis Hogg said:

I wonder who won the holiday for life. 

Been troubling me for 34 years.

All I know is it wasn’t me :sad:

no mention of the JC lob over Leighton game??   They really fancied their chances in that one mind

11 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Been troubling me for 34 years.

All I know is it wasn’t me :sad:

Life's a permanent holiday for you is it not ?:rolleyes2:

5 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

Life's a permanent holiday for you is it not ?:rolleyes2:

Well, when you put it that way...

:wink:

4-1 in 1973. First game since the 7-0. Was in Blackpool with 2 mates the week before. Got the overnight bus back and arrived back in Penicuik at 7 am. Couldn't sleep, pub at opening time then the revenge. Have seen every Derby but one since 1967 but this still gives me goosebumps. Donald Fords goal straight after they got back to 2-1 was sheer poetry.

19 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

So many to choose from but has to be the 0-3 win after the takeover bid. What a fekin fabulous day that was. One of the best games and atmospheres I’ve experienced. The vermin were besides themselves

This :thumbsup:

11 minutes ago, TorinoJambo said:

Have seen every Derby but one since 1967

If you mean live at the match that is just WOW :flagwave::flagwave:

Yup. Been lucky with tickets for a few (limited allocations at Fester) but have managed to miss only one through illness. We won it 2-0 at their dump (80's - Colquhoun got both) so wasn't a disaster. My first was there too. Lost 1-0 to a late penalty. Unfortunately, like guys of my age, the Vermin spoiled my teen years though we've more than made up for it.

18 minutes ago, TorinoJambo said:

Yup. Been lucky with tickets for a few (limited allocations at Fester) but have managed to miss only one through illness. We won it 2-0 at their dump (80's - Colquhoun got both) so wasn't a disaster. My first was there too. Lost 1-0 to a late penalty. Unfortunately, like guys of my age, the Vermin spoiled my teen years though we've more than made up for it.

Superb mate!

My first ever derby in 1981, when we beat them 2-1 at ER thanks to a Gordon Rae og. 

All my other favourite ones have already been mentioned!  

14 minutes ago, Redseal said:

Probably my first derby game , a 1987 2-1 win at Tynecastle. Kenny Black free kick BOOOM - wild celebrations.

Aye i've heard about this game. Had an affect on my Dad as i now bear the name. Apparently my mother wasnae best pleased ?

22 minutes ago, Heidthebaw said:

Aye i've heard about this game. Had an affect on my Dad as i now bear the name. Apparently my mother wasnae best pleased ?

Im possibly getting a bit confused actually. 

Was it also a derby where Kenny Black hoofed the ball up the park. Tynie lost it with him and then Fozzy ran up the park and tucked it in the net?

Lucille's Thirsty
On 19/10/2017 at 23:36, socrates82 said:

Too many to choose from.

tumblr_nfixbr7Dr81rziwwco1_400.gif

My first ever Derby was second to the other 5-1.

Mark De Vries was amazing I'll leave it at that.

The White Cockade

obviously the 4-0 semi was brilliant

but standing behind the goal at the School End when Jimmy Bone's header went

in to win the game 3-2 was probably the best feeling I've ever had at a game

Stephane Grappelli

So many to mention or have been mentioned already.

I got a bit emotional at half time in the 2-0 (Beattie, Suso) derby when Paul Hartley, Mark de Vries and God came onto the pitch.

Also, at the time we thought that was the last derby of the season...

MacDonald Jardine
28 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

obviously the 4-0 semi was brilliant

but standing behind the goal at the School End when Jimmy Bone's header went

in to win the game 3-2 was probably the best feeling I've ever had at a game

It is a pity there's no footage of this.

I have the memory of Jimmy Bone hanging in the air before heading the third.

I suspect he hangs for longer as the years go by. 

16 hours ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

My first ever derby in 1981, when we beat them 2-1 at ER thanks to a Gordon Rae og. 

All my other favourite ones have already been mentioned!  

That was my first one too I think 

In robbos bar watching 0-0 game away when mixu missed last min pen by chipping it over the bar.   Loved that moment but felt ill few mins before when kick was given.    

Pub went mental with celebratios

Smashing them on their patch 4-1 New Year Derby 91. Gary Mackay scores at both ends. Craig Levein scores a peach, and it was the first ever live game on sky sports. 

1 minute ago, Judge Fudge said:

Smashing them on their patch 4-1 New Year Derby 91. Gary Mackay scores at both ends. Craig Levein scores a peach, and it was the first ever live game on sky sports. 

Great shout, loved that match. 

It would have to be my first ever derby match, pretty shit that it's not available on video as it was a great match and signaled the birth of a legend as far as derby's go as John Robertson scored his first 2 of his 27 goals in this game. 

20954040_344275139335320_660367178466316832_n.jpg

Archived