Favourite Derby Apart from 1-5

jake

The 1-5.

Although the 3-2 game for me was a special day in so many ways apart from the actual game.

The Stevo goal game .

I think the mess we were in the hibees tails wagging beforhand.

The fact that Jamie Mac played a blinder and just the way it made me love being a hearts supporter in timez of trouble just like it always seems to be.

Yeeeeeeeeessssss.

Cannot wait till Tuesday

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, jake said:

The 1-5.

Although the 3-2 game for me was a special day in so many ways apart from the actual game.

The Stevo goal game .

I think the mess we were in the hibees tails wagging beforhand.

The fact that Jamie Mac played a blinder and just the way it made me love being a hearts supporter in timez of trouble just like it always seems to be.

Yeeeeeeeeessssss.

Cannot wait till Tuesday

We talked about this before, that game was just the best. Jamie Mac was incredible, the support were amazing, it was a much needed positive note in a really difficult season. Best birthday present ever from the Mrs!

N Lincs Jambo
10 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

Too many to choose from.

This! The 3-2 in 83, the 3-1 in 86, the 4-1 in 73, the 4-4. Even with these I'm leaving loads of classics out

1 minute ago, cookieboy said:

starting to feel right on kickback ...... we have threads looking forward to the derby :flagwave::flagwave::yas::yas::yas:

Wish it was tomorrow mate!

So many to choose from but has to be the 0-3 win after the takeover bid. What a fekin fabulous day that was. One of the best games and atmospheres I’ve experienced. The vermin were besides themselves

Great idea for a thread. For me... 3-2 in Sep 83. The takeover derby 3-0 1990. NYD 97 at ER 4-0. The Wayne Foster game. 4-0 Hampden semi final. 4-1 New Year game at ER with the Levein volley. So many to choose from though.

N Lincs Jambo
2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

So many to choose from but has to be the 0-3 win after the takeover bid. What a fekin fabulous day that was. One of the best games and atmospheres I’ve experienced. The vermin were besides themselves

Christ can't believe I left that out. Was in the south part of the main stand with my mrs and best mate. We were right next to the vermin section with no real segregation. After the 3rd goal one vermin who had really lost the plot and was almost in tears came up to us and was shouting at the top of his voice "Scum, Scum, Scum"! I just said to him, "no mate, Happy Scum!" He just lost it , broke down completely and fecked off out the stadium.

Christ knows how he dealt with the 5-1???

4 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

Frankie says Hibs 1 Hearts 2 must be up there (insert picture of OConnor ) :arry:

That was a brilliant day too. Roasting hot & the bother at half time was unreal. Did HT not last about half an hour as the cops got involved in the Dunbar End?

1 minute ago, Keith Talent said:

Great idea for a thread. For me... 3-2 in Sep 83. The takeover derby 3-0 1990. NYD 97 at ER 4-0. The Wayne Foster game. 4-0 Hampden semi final. 4-1 New Year game at ER with the Levein volley. So many to choose from though.

The takeover derby actually, good shout. Or how about the one after they'd won the league cup? :D

how about favourite derby you didn't attend ?? has to be the shoes off Zal winner , I was in Kent at brother in laws and saw the result in a shop window :yas: and \I went ****in :yas::yas::yas::yas:

14 minutes ago, ManMoth said:

We talked about this before, that game was just the best. Jamie Mac was incredible, the support were amazing, it was a much needed positive note in a really difficult season. Best birthday present ever from the Mrs!

Could spraff about that game and the afters all week.

I was behind the goal that night and fully appreciated Jamiez contribution.

Some of his saves were to me world class.

The hibees scarfs thrown onto the pitch at the end.

The feeling of hearts together players management and fans was like the auld days that night.

Gee yer wife a big juicy kiss my hearts brother

6 minutes ago, ManMoth said:

The takeover derby actually, good shout. Or how about the one after they'd won the league cup? :D

Aye- ‘bring out the wee cup!’

Tynecastle: the famous 3-2 in 1983. 

Easter Road: Fozzy derby in 1994.

Hampden: 4-0 semi, because the op has precluded the 5-1 final. ;)

40 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Was some day. We should've pumped them silly that day 

1-4 at the Giro when Levein scored 4th with a great volley.

0-0 down there when Henry saved Brian Hamilton penalty. We were pish that day but still didn't lose 

3-1 at Tynecastle when Goram got quite an ovation at FT. Stunning display from him that day. 

Too many to choose but Stamp and Foster will stand out for the sheer demoralising impact it had on that lot 

0-3 following the proposed take-over. Really feared the worse before the game as they were going to be so up for it. They were seething that day. 

Bazzas right boot

Lots of wins mentioned.

A few noticeable draws-

I remember Robbo equalising in a 2-2 game late on at ER, sure big Dave had scored a header from open play ( wtf) as well. and Millar equalising in a early 90's (25k) game to maintain our run and a smith penalty save at ER in a 0-0 early on in the run, and ofc the 4-4.

Zaliukas 0-1 was pretty special. Having seen us fail to win at Easter Road on so many occasions before, that was the first time I saw us win there.

4-4, the original 5-1, the 2006 semi, the Stamp Derby, the Kevin Kyle derby at Tynie, the Ozturk 40 yarder, the Obua game, the relegation party game and Stevo at ER were all pretty decent though to be fair. 

We won 5-3 at the Giro when Wallace played a blinder and 4-0 at the same venue when Paton scored a hat trick and John Cumming scored a scorcher although not as good as Ozturks.

Tragically, because my era was a rare period of Hibs having some domination and I missed the 4-1 thumping in the 0-7 season, I have no clear memories of thumping them at Tynie.

5 hours ago, Spencer said:

1-4 at the Giro when Levein scored 4th with a great volley.

0-0 down there when Henry saved Brian Hamilton penalty. We were pish that day but still didn't lose 

3-1 at Tynecastle when Goram got quite an ovation at FT. Stunning display from him that day. 

Too many to choose but Stamp and Foster will stand out for the sheer demoralising impact it had on that lot 

http://londonhearts.com/scores/video/1991010204.html

2-1 win in 78/79 Denis McQuade and Derek O’Connor. First time I seen us win at that dump and the scenes were fantastic. The Frankie says game was brilliant too ?

0-3 game post attempted takeover was the derby I've ever been to by a country mile.  The atmosphere was electric, the passion from the Hearts players was amazing and the hatred, tears and snotters from Hibs was brilliant to see.  I was stood next to the fence that separated us from them on the terracing and my mates and I just wound them up something chronic.  In those days, the whole of the Dunbar end used to sing "CCS, wank, wank, wank" accompanied by the wankers sign gesture.  It used to make them go nuts and it seemed like the whole of their infamous wannabe hardmen crew were up against the fence trying to get at us which just made us wind them up more.

my other favourite was around 92-93 when Colquhoun score a double, one of which was a lob from about 40 years that sailed over bandy Leightons head (also my favourite derby goal).  We were playing shit at the time whereas Hibs were flying so it was a pretty sweet 2-0 win.

As the only team ever to win a match 4-4, that one defo ranks as one of my favourites.

Absolutely unreal how that one unfolded.

Stampy derby is right up there also in terms of the bedlam and the fact we'd been completely rotten in that game.

Impossible to choose though as it would be doing an injustice to so many others, but yeah, the 4-4 was the one which came ti mind first, so i'll stick with that one.

The night of the Stevo cup game I was going on the 2nd date with my missus. Decided to take her bowling so I wouldn't get engrossed in the game and ignore her all night. All well and good until we got there and the game was on every telly above the lanes, it was all I could do not to take off across the lanes when he scored.

The relegation party was pretty special too, the roar when King rounded the keeper followed by a bigger roar when he slots it home :vrwow:

Finally, probably one of my favorite derby goals was Rudi's in the new year game 2012. When he gets it on the edge of the box it was only going one place. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
9 minutes ago, dumpson said:

The night of the Stevo cup game I was going on the 2nd date with my missus. Decided to take her bowling so I wouldn't get engrossed in the game and ignore her all night. All well and good until we got there and the game was on every telly above the lanes, it was all I could do not to take off across the lanes when he scored.

The relegation party was pretty special too, the roar when King rounded the keeper followed by a bigger roar when he slots it home :vrwow:

Finally, probably one of my favorite derby goals was Rudi's in the new year game 2012. When he gets it on the edge of the box it was only going one place. 

Was just about to say, that Rudi goal is my favourite derby goal. Some finish and great celebrations.

been here before
7 hours ago, socrates82 said:

Too many to choose from.

Absolutely this...

The ones that immediately spring to mind are the Foster derby, the Mercer one, the relegation one, 4-0 at Easter Road, Hampden semi...

So many to choose from, but 2-0 with goals from Smith and Orman will always have a special place in my hearts. :rofl:

8 hours ago, socrates82 said:

Too many to choose from.

exactly. We have Wayne Foster day, MDV 5-1, we have 21 games in a row. The list goes on and on.

Probably the only one that hasn't been mentioned so I'll go with the Paterson double at the tail end of the relegation season. The game that made me really believe they could come down with us. 

Either the 4-1 Eric Schaedler own goal derby or the 3-2 game when Robbo scored his best goal for Hearts 

4-0 at Fester Road in 96/97? When Cameron scored two, one from about 40 yards.

3-1 at theirs, 95/96 season I think? 

2-1 at theirs, Stampy winner from Neil Janczyk's magnificent cameo of the bench.

5-1 at Tynie, DeVries home debut. 

The home wins and the Semi during the 2005/06 season 

Too many to chose from to be honest :laugh:

3-2 when Miko' bangs in the winner. Thought he had absolutely guffed it and it just seemed to get magnetised to the corner of the net ?.

Sheils being a wee radge as usual.

So many but the next three after the 19th May for me are - 

Hampden Humilation part 1(semi)

5 - 1 part 1 (so Mark De Vriesy)

Rudi’s arrival (Gtf celebration)

3-2 Boxing Day 2006 that game had everything. Another traditional Zibi **** up, Being 2-0 up then Sheils scoring the penaltly to get them back in to just basically assault Gordon, they hitting 2 posts. Think that was the game square heed called us a pub team before the match.

couldn’t get a ticket so had to watch it in a function room in a pub as wasn’t old enough to drink with my ex who was a hibby when Miko hit that screamer I decided to shake the can of juice and spray all over her.

Boot.

:pleasing: 

• redm changed the title to Favourite Derby Apart from 1-5

Here are some of mine (most being at Easter Road). Now my family are mostly all Hibs so when I was younger and went to the derbys I had to sit in their end. I sat behind the goals at the 0-3 game in 90 and the scenes from the Dunbar End were great to see for a 9 year old Jambo sitting at the opposite end, it was bouncing! I can remember the Hibs fans going nuts around me, practically frothing at the mouth after each goal!

Other favourites from down there are Fozzy on the fence, JC double and lobbing bandy from miles out, 4-1 New Year’s Day, 2-1 Robbo double one a free kick one a header, Stamps last minute winner, Gary Glen sealing the cup win, Rudi winding them up rotten in the 2-0 in 2010. One of the most one sided derbys I’ve ever seen down there, don’t think they had a shot the whole game.

ive probably missed loads. Duffys first game in charge was also hilarious, arrives in a helicopter then takes a 4-0 thumping from us! 

queensferryjambo

Actually for modern (ish) ones it would have to be 2-1 at Easter Road when Paterson scored them both.

The game wasn't great but the fans at the end staying in and still singing after the match was amazing.

Bit off topic, however, i decided to look for videos of games from the mid to late 90's. Made me realise that i preferred watching the hearts teams of the 90s more than i do now. 

Perhaps it was just that childish naivety that i had ie, every player in that famous jersey was a diehard jambo and would do everything humanely possible, to make sure they left the park with the points in the bag.

Seemed more in awe of players with talent than i do now. For example, watching Cameron or Mccann jink about and fire a screamer into the net. It was entirely feasible to think if either had the ball a goal was coming. Just dont get that anymore.

Maybe just more cynical of players these days but that having been said by god i love my club and the rollercoaster ride it continues to be ?

Neil McCann late winner in the rain always stays with me because of the evening that followed it.  Had a great night out.

Also, one where Robbo scored the winner late on at the school end.  It was his first goal back after Newcastle (well definitely his first derby goal back).  I had played football against North Merchi at Harrision Park and then walked down and got in for the last 15 mins for free - just in time to see Robbo LASHING it into the back of the net after a hibby mistake.

Archived