****OFFICIAL HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN V ST JOHNSTONE THREAD****

Mr Sifter

9 hours ago, Jammy T said:

WTF are you going on about.

I’m saying I’m sure we played poorly because that is the common consensus.

My point is in don’t give a **** that we do play poorly and we win 3 points 

What on earth makes you think I am petrified to say we played poorly when I am overtly accepting that we did?

Clearly Levein being manager is having such an impact on you to the extent that you can’t compute basic English.

So you are saying the same as I said.

Why do you hate Levein so much?

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Winning while not playing well is a good thing. 

It's interesting reading a match thread the day after the event. You can see people's joy / frustration, in the heat of the moment people can say and post daft things. Football is a passionate / emotional game and we all get caught up in it for better or worse.

What can be annoying is people appearing to put the team down. If we win we are all happy. If we lose however the doomongers seem to come out the woodwork. Kickback is always busier when we are doing badly. 

We are slowly putting together a patch of ok results and becoming difficult to beat. Let's celebrate that and move on to beating Hibs on Tuesday.

3 hours ago, Gambo said:

So you are saying the same as I said.

Why do you hate Levein so much?

You’re all over the place.

Levein is the second best thing to happen to us since Vlad disappeared up some Russians arse - indeed since 2012.

Budge being first.

Are you on drugs - why are you struggling with plain English so much? 

6 hours ago, Martin_T said:

Easier to say when most of the time you don't go to the games. 

I went to games for years 

We played shite for years. I went to very game hoping we’d score 4 or 5.

Sometimes, rarely, we did. I was delighted.

But when we didn’t, I never once mouthed off and went on a rant about how shit we played If we won. 

Instead sanely and rationally went home or for a pint happy that we had won.

11 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I don't really pay attention to your overarching aim of starting a fight.

Stating that I couldn’t give a **** how we play as long as we win is not an overarching aim of starting a fight.

It should be the least controversial statement that any football fan should make

The White Cockade

an absolute shocker of a game

but

exactly the type of game we would have lost under Cathro

we have to win games like this then the confidence will increase and the performances improve

You need players like Berra to win games like this and he has made a huge difference

On the plus side I though young Henderson looked good when he came on

Looks strong as an ox and every defender that tried to tackle him ended up on their backside and

Milinkovic showed some good touches

On the minus side Stockton tried hard but just looks too slow for this level (which isn't very high to be honest)

also I though Smith looked a great signing at first but seems to have gone off the boil

20 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

You’re all over the place.

Levein is the second best thing to happen to us since Vlad disappeared up some Russians arse - indeed since 2012.

Budge being first.

Are you on drugs - why are you struggling with plain English so much? 

I said it was great we won 3 points i also said performance was poor........you, even although you agreed with me, went on a rant about me and Levein. Weird.

One person all over the place and that is you.

Moving on, enjoy next week's game with your dad.

8 minutes ago, Gambo said:

I said it was great we won 3 points i also said performance was poor........you, even although you agreed with me, went on a rant about me and Levein. Weird.

One person all over the place and that is you.

Moving on, enjoy next week's game with your dad.

Cheers

Father-in-law

N Lincs Jambo

Whilst most folk on here agree that so far this season, with the exception of the Aberdeen game, we have been poor. However out of our 8 away games we have taken 11 points which given the circumstances we found ourselves in at the start of the season is pretty decent, especially considering we have already been to both Parkhead and Ibrox. If we can maintain that throughout the rest of the season that will bring us 26 away points.

At "home", we have won 4 points out of 6, against teams both of which finished higher in the league than us last season. If we can maintain this that would bring us 38 home points giving us a total of 64.

64 points would have had us finishing 4th last season comfortably above St Johnstone in 5th and only 3 points behind the huns.

Fwiw, I feel we will only improve on this once we get back to Tynecastle. The run of home games in November and December should give us the opportunity to build some much needed confidence. If we can do this then 3rd could well be a realistic goal this season. I do appreciate that Tuesday and Saturday are massive games for us first. 6 points would be huge whereas 2 defeats could bring us back to square one.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

Stating that I couldn’t give a **** how we play as long as we win is not an overarching aim of starting a fight.

It should be the least controversial statement that any football fan should make

Sound. I might give you some credibility when you surpass my attendance at games this season. You only need to go to two to do so.

Stephane Grappelli
17 hours ago, CornhillHearts said:

A matchday vlog from Aaron (FootballMania Hd) of today's game.

Occasionally the clampdown on match footage can be a blessing...

Very impressive stuff.  I like his Bernabéu tour video as well.

22 hours ago, Hendricks said:

The reality despite all the bluster from some naive Jambo's is that we are big underdogs for the derby. There is literally nothing to suggest we will get a result in a big game. Our midfield is the worst it's been in years even if everyone's available which they won't be. We are stuck between playing a totally over the hill Bauben or a 16 year old ffs. Ridiculous situation to find ourselves but totally indicative of our shambolic signing policy. We have no balance on the left either. We will have to produce a hugely improved and much more determined performance to have any chance on Tuesday night. I have little faith in this group of players.

Good stuff  

21 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Levein's wee smile when asked if he's looking forward to the Derby (sportscene).

:jjyay:

Sure he'll have the team properly up for it. Arses will be booted up and down Gorgie if they give less than 100%.

He'll really be in his element now preparing for Hibs. 

Should be good. Obviously playing against a much better team we are massive underdogs. But let's see. 

21 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Was frustrated by the high balls but can see why we wanted to bypass midfield as much as possible with the players we had out. Surprised by saints largely adopting the same tactics though. They were rotten.

Craig criticised the team after game for doing this

But its better than putting yourself in danger 

18 hours ago, Hendricks said:

Steady NT.

The 3 points be all and end all shut the F up crew will be along any second to dismiss anything that is said however correct!  Any Jambo is pleased with the result and 3pts but to suggest anything but that we have big issues is like the blind leading the blind.

Yeah

Meanwhile the awareness of Walker opens up space and opportunites, Henderson's strength gives time and opens options for others, Cochrane controlled the midfield with his passing and awareness, Lafferty works his socks off and is a handful,  Brandon could have hidden or been subbed after bad start but grew into game and was sound defensively and an attacking threat, Smith is your all round football player always aware of what's around him and moving into space. We nullified the threat of Scougal and O'Halloran second half with good organisation and pressing. Berra and McLaughlin have strengthened and organised the defence while we show more composure. 

Apart from settled full / wing backs (I would stick with Smith and Brandon) the main area of improvement is how Goncalves and Lafferty work up front. Cos they haven't really connected yet with each other or the rest of team. Also as Craig Levein saif after game decision making where we go long too often. 

It has been a real struggle this season. But there's more to come from the players we have at the club just now. 

CornhillHearts
55 minutes ago, The Gorgie Gatsby said:

Very impressive stuff.  I like his Bernabéu tour video as well.

Thanks for that, will pass on your thoughts.

He was close to packing it in, given the restrictions/ strikes against his channel, so your, and others on social media and those who speak to him at games encouragement are very much appreciated. 

Cheers

I can't find the posts but I'm told the gentleman who had a heart attack is okay. 

His wife has thanked the people at the game who performed CPR bèfore medics came. 

2 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Sound. I might give you some credibility when you surpass my attendance at games this season. You only need to go to two to do so.

The point I made to which you responded was not realiant upon attendance in order to gain any credibility.

The credibility of a statement such as:

I don’t mind if we play shite and we win - it’s winning that matters.

is entirely unaffected by attendance at a game.

Your attempted point score was a fail and self-defeating. It suggests that anything you post for the remainder of the season lacks credibility for the same reason you try and nail on me.

Stephane Grappelli
3 hours ago, CornhillHearts said:

Thanks for that, will pass on your thoughts.

He was close to packing it in, given the restrictions/ strikes against his channel, so your, and others on social media and those who speak to him at games encouragement are very much appreciated. 

Cheers

Cheers mate, please do. Very professional for such a young lad.  I think he has a future in broadcasting or producing.

As a Real Madrid nut that video was right up my street too.  Very well put together and it showed the tour and stadium off very well indeed.

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 hours ago, Jammy T said:

The point I made to which you responded was not realiant upon attendance in order to gain any credibility.

The credibility of a statement such as:

I don’t mind if we play shite and we win - it’s winning that matters.

is entirely unaffected by attendance at a game.

Your attempted point score was a fail and self-defeating. It suggests that anything you post for the remainder of the season lacks credibility for the same reason you try and nail on me.

You're a broken record. Best to add you to the ignore list, I think.

Not unusual when a team is trying to turn its fortunes around to have that come with some scrappy close draws and wins.

Those usually come in a spate before the confidence built from that means the team starts to put it together. I'd say we're primed to give a right doing to whomever we play in our next match.

Who's up next out of curiosity? Almost pity them. Almost. :jjyay:

CornhillHearts
3 hours ago, The Gorgie Gatsby said:

Cheers mate, please do. Very professional for such a young lad.  I think he has a future in broadcasting or producing.

As a Real Madrid nut that video was right up my street too.  Very well put together and it showed the tour and stadium off very well indeed.

You should like the vlog below then.

https://youtu.be/uUFl44FVUC0

2 minutes ago, The Gorgie Gatsby said:

Good stuff, apart from the "Vamos Getafe" bit!

Ah wis gonna say.

:wink:

CornhillHearts

His team is athletico, purely because we went to the Calderon a couple of years ago and he was really taken by it. 

The school trip he was on was meant to include the atletico/Barca game but Atletico weren't letting big groups attend due to them thinking there might be a bit of bother with Barca fans buying tickets in the home end. Fortunately Getafe/Real was on the same weekend.

Stephane Grappelli
22 hours ago, CornhillHearts said:

His team is athletico, purely because we went to the Calderon a couple of years ago and he was really taken by it. 

The school trip he was on was meant to include the atletico/Barca game but Atletico weren't letting big groups attend due to them thinking there might be a bit of bother with Barca fans buying tickets in the home end. Fortunately Getafe/Real was on the same weekend.

I'm only kidding.  That's a shame they didn't get to see the Atletico v Barça match.

Archived