****OFFICIAL HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN V ST JOHNSTONE THREAD****

Mr Sifter

Hope I'm no stepping on anyone's toes here, but it's late on Thursday night and I Cannie see another thread so...how do we see this one going?

We're beginning to get a little steel back into the side, and I think we could be facing St J at a good time. They've lost three out of their last five, and things seem to have gotten a little stop start for them. After our victory last week, and with the chance to go above H*bs before we meet them next Tuesday, I hope we come out all guns blazing. 

Hoping to see Milinkovic get a decent run out, but wonder how we'll shape up given Cowie is still struggling and Randall suspended. Did I read Callachan was fit again? Anyway, I'll remain positive and fancy us to win 2-0. Isma and Lafferty. 

A look at the stats shows we've not beaten St J in any of our last five meetings. They're becoming a bit of a bogey team for us...no time like Saturday to put that right!!

IMG_1955.PNG

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to this. 

Last game I was at was the Dons game, far too long ago for my liking.

I really hope we rattle a few past this mob on Sat, can't stand that pr!ck Tommy Wright.

Just noticed, win on Saturday and we jump above both H*bs AND St Johnstone. Could be sittin in 5th place come 4:45 Saturday, which given our run without a game at Tynie, wouldnae be too bad?!

IMG_1956.PNG

scott herbertson

Been at a few of those games and to be honest we haven’t deserved much out of them. Swanson was a pain in the butt so now he’s gone I’m a bit more confident

3-1 to us, Berra, Isma and big Laff

portobellojambo1

Looking forward to the game on Saturday. The weekend past is the sort of game that in the not too distant past we would have rolled over and lost. We now have three games coming up, which if we can take full points from all, will make our league position look a whole lot healthier. Be quite happy to leave Murrayfield on Saturday with any sort of win.

1-0 will do me fine , a scabby goal that Liam Craig crashes face first into a post trying to stop in going in :whistling:

13 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Saints website suggesting they will have a big backing at murrayfield, 500 then!!!

500 plus. 8 tractors, 6 ploughs, 2 crop sprayers,  19ewes and an artificially inseminated cow.

5 minutes ago, Fourcandles said:

500 plus. 8 tractors, 6 ploughs, 2 crop sprayers,  19ewes and an artificially inseminated cow.

And Cosgrove.

Bazzas right boot

Start of the 3 games that can either push us up and looking at 3rd or trying to stay in the top 6.

They're missing thier centre half.

Time we put them in Thier box.

I'll go 2-0 us, pretty dull scrappy game.

Walker and Isma

Lafferty saving himself for a hatrick on Tuesday.

1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Saints website suggesting they will have a big backing at murrayfield, 500 then!!!

To be fair most of them will have attended the rugby more than Saints games 

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2017/10/19/hearts-boss-craig-levein-lavishes-praise-st-johnstone-counterpart-building-six-bedroom-house-instead-cottage/

Hearts manager Craig Levein has lavished praise on Tommy Wright for building a ‘six-bedroom house’ at St Johnstone when his budget dictated he should only have been able to construct a modest ‘cottage’.

The Tynecastle club will bid to collect their first win over Saints in nine games when the Perth outfit travel to Murrayfield for tomorrow’s Premiership fixture.

Wright, who replaced Steve Lomas in summer 2013, has masterminded three successive top four finishes and the 2014 Scottish Cup triumph.

Former Scotland manager Levin admits he has been immensely impressed by how the Northern Irishman has constantly overachieved at a club who struggle to attract crowds in excess of 5,000.

He said: “He is fantastic. St Johnstone, for me, are like Dunfermline, Falkirk, Raith Rovers and all those other clubs who are languishing in lower leagues. And I put that down to Tommy.

“The crowds at St Johnstone are on a par with the other teams I have mentioned but the fact that he is at St Johnstone means they have been in the top six year on year on year and in Europe year on year.

“Okay, there’s been a really good couple of managers before him, admittedly, and they’ve maybe built the foundations.

“But he’s certainly put up a six-bedroom house rather than a cottage.

“One of the big things about them is their determination and their grit and their ability to win points when they are not at their best.

“Tommy has outdone anybody with regard to having his team playing above a level that possibly the budget would dictate.”

Levein’s only concern for Wright is that he does not become a victim of his own success, and has cited Alan Curbishley’s departure at Charlton in 2006 as a warning to any greedy supporters.

He added: “I think he’s done a remarkable job. The danger is expectations, he’s done so many good things in a period of time and it’s really difficult to keep that going.

“If I was to give advice to any young manager; whatever league you’re in, finish ninth. Next year finish eighth, then seventh, then sixth and it keeps you in a job.

“When I speak about this, my mind always goes back to Alan Curbishley at Charlton.

“He took them up through the leagues to the Premier League, they finished in the top half and they got rid of him because they needed somebody to take them to the next level, which was two divisions below the one they were in.

“When you get up there and are constantly fighting against the odds and the longer you stay up there, people take it for granted.

“That’s something that’s grossly unfair. There are some managers who have done remarkable jobs at clubs but the expectation that is set is not always realistic.”

Saturday’s visit of St Johnstone marks the start of a three-game run that includes a trip to city rivals Hibs on Tuesday and a visit of Rangers to the home of Scottish rugby the following weekend.

Levein, however, insists history has taught him to manage each match on it’s own merits.

He added: “I won’t look at the Hibs game until after St Johnstone game has finished.

“I know from experience that there is no point in looking further ahead.

1 hour ago, Mr Sifter said:

Just noticed, win on Saturday and we jump above both H*bs AND St Johnstone. Could be sittin in 5th place come 4:45 Saturday, which given our run without a game at Tynie, wouldnae be too bad?!

IMG_1956.PNG

Good time to start putting a run together.

Over for this one and hoping everybody is playing for their place in the derby

2-1 Hearts

Lafferty with both

11 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2017/10/19/hearts-boss-craig-levein-lavishes-praise-st-johnstone-counterpart-building-six-bedroom-house-instead-cottage/

Hearts manager Craig Levein has lavished praise on Tommy Wright for building a ‘six-bedroom house’ at St Johnstone when his budget dictated he should only have been able to construct a modest ‘cottage’.

The Tynecastle club will bid to collect their first win over Saints in nine games when the Perth outfit travel to Murrayfield for tomorrow’s Premiership fixture.

Wright, who replaced Steve Lomas in summer 2013, has masterminded three successive top four finishes and the 2014 Scottish Cup triumph.

Former Scotland manager Levin admits he has been immensely impressed by how the Northern Irishman has constantly overachieved at a club who struggle to attract crowds in excess of 5,000.

He said: “He is fantastic. St Johnstone, for me, are like Dunfermline, Falkirk, Raith Rovers and all those other clubs who are languishing in lower leagues. And I put that down to Tommy.

“The crowds at St Johnstone are on a par with the other teams I have mentioned but the fact that he is at St Johnstone means they have been in the top six year on year on year and in Europe year on year.

“Okay, there’s been a really good couple of managers before him, admittedly, and they’ve maybe built the foundations.

“But he’s certainly put up a six-bedroom house rather than a cottage.

“One of the big things about them is their determination and their grit and their ability to win points when they are not at their best.

“Tommy has outdone anybody with regard to having his team playing above a level that possibly the budget would dictate.”

Levein’s only concern for Wright is that he does not become a victim of his own success, and has cited Alan Curbishley’s departure at Charlton in 2006 as a warning to any greedy supporters.

He added: “I think he’s done a remarkable job. The danger is expectations, he’s done so many good things in a period of time and it’s really difficult to keep that going.

“If I was to give advice to any young manager; whatever league you’re in, finish ninth. Next year finish eighth, then seventh, then sixth and it keeps you in a job.

“When I speak about this, my mind always goes back to Alan Curbishley at Charlton.

“He took them up through the leagues to the Premier League, they finished in the top half and they got rid of him because they needed somebody to take them to the next level, which was two divisions below the one they were in.

“When you get up there and are constantly fighting against the odds and the longer you stay up there, people take it for granted.

“That’s something that’s grossly unfair. There are some managers who have done remarkable jobs at clubs but the expectation that is set is not always realistic.”

Saturday’s visit of St Johnstone marks the start of a three-game run that includes a trip to city rivals Hibs on Tuesday and a visit of Rangers to the home of Scottish rugby the following weekend.

Levein, however, insists history has taught him to manage each match on it’s own merits.

He added: “I won’t look at the Hibs game until after St Johnstone game has finished.

“I know from experience that there is no point in looking further ahead.

Clearly hinting at Neilson here too

John mcCartney

goncalves finding the net last week should give him some much needed confi in front of goal
looking for jamie to score at the national stadium n all
which of course will set us up nicely for the trip to fester

fth

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

I wonder what the crowd will be for this one as the novelty of Murrayfield doesn't seem to be the draw I personally thought it would be. Hopefully our first game in the city for a while will get the interest up enough for the crowd to be a bit more than would have attended Tynecastle for this fixture, 18k maybe. 

Score wise I will go 3-1.

Go above the vermin and the saints if we win. 

No other incentive needed. Must win this and we will. Hearts by 2

FTH

4-1 Hearts for me as well and I'm bursting with confidence.  An absolute thrashing for Lochend Divided would complete a rather good weekend.

2-0 Hearts, Walker double.

this is my wee boys first game, out of school early today and a 750 mile round trip to see the famous.  I'm not sure who is more excited!

Cant believe we've not beaten them in NINE attempts - August 2015 being the last time we beat them.

That's a dreadful run of form against them, and its certainly a monkey we could be doing with getting off our backs.

Would be a good time to do it now, not only to end that run, but also as another sign that things are improving and of course it would also be pretty good derby preparation as well.

Ten games without a win against that lot makes for pretty grim reading that's for sure - lets make sure that doesn't happen.

Their bad run has coincided with O'Halloran being injured. According to The Courier he's going to be back for tomorrow so we'll need to defend well against him. I can see us getting a couple and winning 2-1, Isma and Berra. We're still quite weak in midfield, need to find a system to accommodate the players we have available.

My team would be:

GK: McLaughlin

RB: Smith

CB: Souttar

CB: Berra

LB: Grzelak

CM: Callachan

CM: Buaban

CM: Cochrane

AM: Walker

ST: Isma

ST: Lafferty

9 hours ago, Fourcandles said:

Ha ha, aye the muirton crew are coming , whoever they are, 2-0 hearts.

Massive game. A win puts us in 5th and keeps the momentum going ahead of the game on Tuesday.

STJ have had our number over the last two years but I think that will change under CL.

At very worst this will be a draw and previously I would have been thinking at best this will be a draw.

2-0 Hearts 

I might get pelters but a win tom and a draw at hibs would do me.

set us up nicely for rangers game 

2 hours ago, Finlay James said:

2-0 Hearts, Walker double.

this is my wee boys first game, out of school early today and a 750 mile round trip to see the famous.  I'm not sure who is more excited!

Fingers crossed the wee man enjoys it and we get the right result

Flying up from London today, will be my first game this season, looking forward to it!

2-0 to the famous, Lafferty & Callachan

GK - McLaughlin 

RB - Brandon

CB - Souttar

CB - Berra

LB - Smith

RM - Walker

CM - Callachan 

CM - Cochrane

LM - Milinkovic

ST - Lafferty 

ST - Isma

Honestly not sure what to expect from this one.

Really looking forward to it though, not been able to make a game since Hamilton away.

I think we may nick it. St Johnston have a Steven Anderson Suspended and a few injuries, 

Is O'halloran injured? saying on my scores app he is? 

41 minutes ago, HMFC86 said:

Flying up from London today, will be my first game this season, looking forward to it!

GK - McLaughlin 

RB - Brandon

CB - Souttar

CB - Berra

LB - Smith

RM - Walker

CM - Callachan 

CM - Cochrane

LM - Milinkovic

ST - Lafferty 

ST - Isma

That looks a strong team 

MR INCREDIBLE
11 hours ago, Mort said:

Looks like Djoum might miss this one and the derby sadly. 

He has been posted missing from the last few derbies.

10 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I wonder what the crowd will be for this one as the novelty of Murrayfield doesn't seem to be the draw I personally thought it would be. Hopefully our first game in the city for a while will get the interest up enough for the crowd to be a bit more than would have attended Tynecastle for this fixture, 18k maybe. 

Score wise I will go 3-1.

I'm expecting maybe just over 17K, pleasantly surprised if more

59 minutes ago, HMFC86 said:

GK - McLaughlin 

RB - Brandon

CB - Souttar

CB - Berra

LB - Smith

RM - Walker

CM - Callachan 

CM - Cochrane

LM - Milinkovic

ST - Lafferty 

ST - Isma