Carlisle Utd v Wycombe Wanderers

been here before

been here before

Fair do's I know it's not the most glamerous of games on tonight but given Im in the 'hood I thought Id slide along.

Danny Grainger's been getting his game I believe as has Clint Hill (ex TCFKAS) but thats all I really know about the two teams. I believes Yves Ma-Kalambay is on the books at Wycombe :rofl:

English League 2 and a ticket for The Paddock where I believe it's at. Never been before.

Anyone visited Brunton Park before, know much about the teams etc, before I head off in a couple of hours?

5 minutes ago, been here before said:

Fair do's I know it's not the most glamerous of games on tonight but given Im in the 'hood I thought Id slide along.

Danny Grainger's been getting his game I believe as has Clint Hill (ex TCFKAS) but thats all I really know about the two teams. I believes Yves Ma-Kalambay is on the books at Wycombe :rofl:

English League 2 and a ticket for The Paddock where I believe it's at. Never been before.

Anyone visited Brunton Park before, know much about the teams etc, before I head off in a couple of hours?

I had the misfortune to attend a pre season friendly 5 - 0 defeat when I was a lad......circa 45 years ago, so not much help:thumbsup:

Get in early for the 5 - 1 selfie with Danny Grainger.

Enjoy your visit

• redm changed the title to Carlisle Utd v Wycombe Wanderers

Brunton Park cannot be any worse than Adams Park where Wycombe play. Stuck in the middle of the most soul destroying Industrial Estate, nightmare traffic.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Not been for years. First time I spoke to Mark gavin (Jordan signing) while he played for exeter. 

Second time was after Michael Knighton bought them, he came out doing header keepey-uppies round the pitch, same as he did at old Trafford when he almost bought them. Very Craig whyte-esque. 

ETA good meat and potato pies, too. 

52 minutes ago, moonraker said:

Brunton Park cannot be any worse than Adams Park where Wycombe play. Stuck in the middle of the most soul destroying Industrial Estate, nightmare traffic.

The Asda on that retail park  :sterb032:

I haven't been to Brunton park in a long , long time. Not much to recommend. 

If you see DG thank him for scoring that penalty.

Love that story about the Carlisle keeper that came up for a corner in  injury-time and scored the goal that kept them in the league.

Just now, FWJ said:

Love that story about the Carlisle keeper that came up for a corner in  injury-time and scored the goal that kept them in the league.

jimmy glass?

been here before

Just got in. Danny Grainger is the mascots favourite player and Strawberry his favourite ice cream. Old fashioned ground. 19 for the terrace behind the dug out.

2 hours ago, 2205ian said:

I had the misfortune to attend a pre season friendly 5 - 0 defeat when I was a lad......circa 45 years ago, so not much help:thumbsup:

Enjoy your visit

I was there too - that’s why we bought Tommy Murray. He carved us up in that game!

feedtheroman2
12 minutes ago, been here before said:

Just got in. Danny Grainger is the mascots favourite player and Strawberry his favourite ice cream. Old fashioned ground. 19 for the terrace behind the dug out.

Are the linesmen on the normal sides?

been here before
1 hour ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

ETA good meat and potato pies, too. 

Aye they are OK. Little bit dry and could use a bit more pepper but Id give them 7/10. A pie and bovril for 4 sheets.

25 minutes ago, FWJ said:

Im presuming he's injured as he's not starting or on the bench. Hill gets his game though.

been here before
6 minutes ago, feedtheroman2 said:

Are the linesmen on the normal sides?

Just warming up so cant really tell.

But where else would they bd other than running down the sides?

Ill let you know.

J.T.F.Robertson
36 minutes ago, gfpete said:

I was there too - that’s why we bought Tommy Murray. He carved us up in that game!

I might also have been at that one. I did go down there on one pre-season jaunt, just don't remember the score.

3 hours ago, 2205ian said:

Enjoy your visit

1971 - Carlisle v HMFC, testimonial for Chris Baldederstone, it pissed down all night long.  Can't find it on London Hearts ?!?

been here before

Penalty Carlisle. Wee bit afters.. couple of Wycombe bookings..  natives no happy...

...slotted away to the goalies right.

2-0.

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

Oh yes.

Such a massive goal.

I’m pretty sure that if Carlisle got relegated that night they would’ve been in real danger of going out of business.

been here before

Great free kick bang on half time from the Wycombe no 7 from about 25 yards out makes it 2-1 bang on halftime.

feedtheroman2
1 hour ago, been here before said:

Just warming up so cant really tell.

But where else would they bd other than running down the sides?

Ill let you know.

Any time I've been there they are on the wrong side. Like we have one that runs alongside section N and the other on the wheatfield, gorgie end. Carlisle will be the equivalent of our section T old stand and section G of the wheatfield. Does that make sense now LOL?

been here before

What we have here is this.

Im in the 'old stand' as it were and the linesman is running from 'Section N' if you like and the linesman ks going from the tunnel to the Roseburn.

been here before

Last minute corner. Wycombe keeper up.

3-3!!! Wasnt the keeper though.

Some game this.

6 hours ago, 2205ian said:

Enjoy your visit

Living/schooling at Lockerbie at the time I went with some schoolmates down the road to a game there in the 60s

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/196703101.html

Obviously getting old as I somehow recall a 1-0 win in a snowstorm and not a 1-1 draw in October !

QoS' Palmerston up until then was always a much better ground all round...

but I guess Carlisle upgraded for their short stint in the Premier.

Best

TW

9 hours ago, redjambo said:

Oh yes.

Was at that game.

Needed a wee  bit of encouragement, but got to about the half way line from the Paddock.

Matthew Le Tissier

Did Carlisle twice when Saints were in League 1. If the away end is full a large amount of away fans are behind the goal down the side ( think Wheatfield stand, but extends the length of The Roseburn if that makes sense)

Saw 1-1 and 3-2 defeat 

3 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Was at that game.

Needed a wee  bit of encouragement, but got to about the half way line from the Paddock.

Wow. That must have been some experience. :)

been here before
3 hours ago, Matthew Le Tissier said:

Did Carlisle twice when Saints were in League 1. If the away end is full a large amount of away fans are behind the goal down the side ( think Wheatfield stand, but extends the length of The Roseburn if that makes sense)

Saw 1-1 and 3-2 defeat 

I got talking to some dude in the crowd last night as I thought their 'new' stand looked a bit odd.

Turns out that when they built it there was a plan to move the pitch along a big. Once built they didnt move the pitch after all with the result that the stand extends away behind the goal line and terracing at one end bht at the other isnt long enough and stops at the 18 yard line.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=carlisle+united+new+stand&client=ms-android-samsung&source=android-browser&dcr=0&prmd=nsiv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiFkfDR1vnWAhUGDxoKHeqkANsQ_AUICygD&biw=360&bih=512#imgrc=F4BsOHWmPMYz2M:

Archived