Craig Shakespeare

Rick James

1 minute ago, smiler said:

No idea how Leicester have been doing? Worthy of the sack or just another knee jerk decision?

Not sure about performances but their results have been poor. They're in the bottom 3.

They played very well on the opening day in the 4-3 defeat to Arsenal, and I think they won the week after but haven't won since.

What I don't understand is clubs like this giving an unproven manager like him the job, only to sack him so quickly when things don't work.

Bit like Terry Connor at Wolves when they sacked McCarthy.

3 minutes ago, smiler said:

No idea how Leicester have been doing? Worthy of the sack or just another knee jerk decision?

Bottom 3 still

letsalldothebeattie

Not surprised. Pointed out before the MNF that if Leicester didn’t win last night they would have a similar record to last season when Ranieri got sacked. 

Should never have sack Ranieri. Doing great at Nantes. Would have turned things around for them. 

3 minutes ago, Jefferson Davis Hogg said:

Much a do about nothing. 

The Comedy of Errors if you ask me.

10 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Good.  The way he was delighted to take reigns from CR never felt right. 

Agreed

William H. Bonney
1 minute ago, Strachsuit said:

The Comedy of Errors if you ask me.

A winter of discontent awaits. 

Lucille's Thirsty

Shakespeare was a weasel IMO.

You would be delighted of course if you got the chance to manage a PL side and the champions but he seemed like a rat that was one of the reason Ranieri got the boot.

Spitonastranger
15 minutes ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

Shakespeare was a weasel IMO.

You would be delighted of course if you got the chance to manage a PL side and the champions but he seemed like a rat that was one of the reason Ranieri got the boot.

Et tu, Brute

No sympathy for him - there was something smarmy the way he took over from Raniere.

Sacked their greatest ever manager because players had downed tools, fawned over players to give a guy clearly out of his depth the job, now they are reaping what they sowed. 

Absolutely no sympathy for them when they get relegated this season, these "big" players will walk away and Leicester will find themselves marooned in nowhere for years 

3 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Sacked their greatest ever manager because players had downed tools, fawned over players to give a guy clearly out of his depth the job, now they are reaping what they sowed. 

Absolutely no sympathy for them when they get relegated this season, these "big" players will walk away and Leicester will find themselves marooned in nowhere for years 

they are on course to do a blackburn only quicker. they got relegated 4 or 5 years after they won the title

rudi must stay

Right decision probably. Seemed to lack abit of personality, hope Mancini's in the running, he'd do a great job there

Another example where the appointment was wrong in the first place. 

Questions should be asked of whoever made the appointment. 

35 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

It's not great hearing a manager has been told "You're history". Pity he couldn't Stay. 

Not enough credit being given to this Post

The players need to take a long hard look at themselves.  

Achieved something many players only dream about user Ranieri, then their inflated egos and attitude caused them to **** him over.  

1 hour ago, BelgeJambo said:

Maybe a job for Brenda

I doubt Brenda would leave Celtic for Leicester. Who would if we're honest. He's got the easiest job in British football and probably one of the highest paid. No chance of being sacked and a trophy winner 2 or 3 times a year. He'll not leave until 10 in a row is on the board.

Fxxx the SPFL

Radio five saying this morning that Ranieri was sacked for not winning in six games lo and behold Shakespeare goes after the same.

32 minutes ago, Jeffosphere said:

Leicester are turning into one of those clubs

If I was a Leicester fan who witnessed what happened 2 years ago I wouldn't give a toss about the next few years that followed. Relegate us. Relegate us twice if you want. I'd still be watching the DVD every day.

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

No sympathy for him - there was something smarmy the way he took over from Raniere.

Agreed! You only had to look at him and listen to him speak to know that he was never a manager!

Has so many characteristics of every other ENGLISH Managers! None of them are any good!

Redknapp, Bruce, Allardyce, Hodgson, they all seem so out of their depth with old fashioned, traditional English values.

Would you give Dyche a club like Man City to Run? or Man U or Chelsea? No! Wouldn't get player respect.

Vardy and his stab in the back dressing room mates deserve everything they get

Ancellotti?

Not many thought Benitez would go to Newcastle.

If Leicester want to rekindle playing like champions they need to think like them.

They must have the money for wages and being recent EPL winners is a carrot, they'd still be seen as a challenging job for decent bosses out there because of it too.

But time is running out fast for them and their stock is diminishing slowly.

rudi must stay
21 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Ancellotti?

Not many thought Benitez would go to Newcastle.

If Leicester want to rekindle playing like champions they need to think like them.

They must have the money for wages and being recent EPL winners is a carrot, they'd still be seen as a challenging job for decent bosses out there because of it too.

But time is running out fast for them and their stock is diminishing slowly.

Ancelotti is too shrewd to take that job IMO. Whenever a top club is looking for a job he's fon their list

37 minutes ago, Number28 said:

Agreed! You only had to look at him and listen to him speak to know that he was never a manager!

Has so many characteristics of every other ENGLISH Managers! None of them are any good!

Redknapp, Bruce, Allardyce, Hodgson, they all seem so out of their depth with old fashioned, traditional English values.

Would you give Dyche a club like Man City to Run? or Man U or Chelsea? No! Wouldn't get player respect.

It's quite amazing but there have been no decent English managers for some years. (and that includes running the country).  But Scotland hardly fares any better.

Not too long ago the EPL was well populated with highly thought of Scottish managers but even they are now a scarce commodity.  Right now in the SPL we have one Scottish manager in the top six while the bottom six all have Scottish managers.

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

It's quite amazing but there have been no decent English managers for some years. (and that includes running the country).  But Scotland hardly fares any better.

Not too long ago the EPL was well populated with highly thought of Scottish managers but even they are now a scarce commodity.  Right now in the SPL we have one Scottish manager in the top six while the bottom six all have Scottish managers.

i believe there is only one scottish manager in the top two flights in england - alex neill. 

10 games this season for the manager.

Won 3 Drew 3 Lost 4.

The 4 they lost? Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool.

Ffs.

1 hour ago, Number28 said:

Methinks thou dost protest too much!

4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Not enough credit being given to this Post

Agreed. Although I can't think of another song to help it along.

4 hours ago, Escobar PHM said:

I doubt Brenda would leave Celtic for Leicester. Who would if we're honest. He's got the easiest job in British football and probably one of the highest paid. No chance of being sacked and a trophy winner 2 or 3 times a year. He'll not leave until 10 in a row is on the board.

Or, knowing Celtic will get pumped out the Europa league in February, he takes the chance to bring a much loved underdog back to the table. I agree he probably won't leave Celtic but there is an appeal for a manager to try and bring Leicester back to top 6.

4 hours ago, Escobar PHM said:

If I was a Leicester fan who witnessed what happened 2 years ago I wouldn't give a toss about the next few years that followed. Relegate us. Relegate us twice if you want. I'd still be watching the DVD every day.

How very true!!

5 hours ago, Jeffosphere said:

Leicester are turning into one of those clubs

You are correct!!

PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS!!

Yes, they are one of ‘these clubs’!

[PS the other 5 are; Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City & Blackburn!!

PPS Spurs came close 2 seasons ago but came 3rd in a 2 horse race!!]

3 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

You are correct!!

PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS!!

Yes, they are one of ‘these clubs’!

[PS the other 5 are; Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City & Blackburn!!

PPS Spurs came close 2 seasons ago but came 3rd in a 2 horse race!!]

Give it a few years and theyll be playing Portsmouth

23 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Young bones groan and the rocks below...

Is there really any need to bring his family into it?

7 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Is there really any need to bring his family into it?

"Throw your skinny body down, son"

38 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Young bones groan and the rocks below...

Classic ....

"Throw your skinny body down, son"

But I'm going to meet the one I love
So please don't stand in my way
Because I'm going to meet the one I love
No, mama, let me go

Young bones groan and the rocks below say
"Throw your white body down"

But I'm going to meet the one I love
At last, at last, at last!
I'm going to meet the one I love
La-de-da, la-de-da