Random great moments from unspectacular players

RS86

7 hours ago, dumpson said:

What about the day that Obua woke up and thought he was a footballer ?

What an absolutely amazing performance from him that day.  He looked like a totally different player. 

What a goal celebration as well, they were seething :jjyay:

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers to Jarman for finding that Hammil screamer. I looked for it and started to doubt it had ever happened. (Didn't we all doubt it had actually happened a minute after we saw it?)

I've thought about mentioning Zeefuik on here but that's a strange one.  He did almost nothing for the team except score silky goals (and have Nikky Law bounce off of him like a pinball in the snow game), none better than his last two to come back and draw Rangers at Tynecastle and further remind them that we'd skooshed the league while they gasped their way to third.

Still miss that guy.

40 minutes ago, Ugly American said:

Cheers to Jarman for finding that Hammil screamer. I looked for it and started to doubt it had ever happened. (Didn't we all doubt it had actually happened a minute after we saw it?)

I've thought about mentioning Zeefuik on here but that's a strange one.  He did almost nothing for the team except score silky goals (and have Nikky Law bounce off of him like a pinball in the snow game), none better than his last two to come back and draw Rangers at Tynecastle and further remind them that we'd skooshed the league while they gasped their way to third.

Still miss that guy.

Phwoar, how good is it to see that again ?!

Big shout to agent Zaliukas for 'missing' that header too !   :verysmug:

11 hours ago, dumpson said:

What about the day that Obua woke up and thought he was a footballer ?

I remember his goal and celebration well but had forgotten how unplayable he was that game. That one game.

Another one that stands out is Paul Ritchie scoring a great header for Scotland (debut I think) when he still played for us. 

He was always marmite because of the times, but that performance puts him in the foster,musemic and stamp category . A cult figure of the future no problem. 

Stephane Grappelli
On 17/10/2017 at 20:42, Debut 4 said:

When Neil Berry snapped Paul Wright...

I wasn't at that game but must have watched the Scotsport highlights about a hundred times.  Paul Wright hobbling down the tunnel shouting to the Hearts bench about what a jolly fine tackle it was is etched in my memory.  Also, England legend and Jambo convert Johnny Haynes in the studio telling Jock Brown that he didn't see much wrong with the challenge.  Brilliant.

The time Barasa absolutely rattled Prso in a 50:50 in front of the old stand and stood over him like Ali in Zaire yelling words to the effect of “how’d you like them apples?” In extremely broken yet very enthusiastic English. 

Prso absoloutely shat the bed. 

Barasa was a very limited footballer, but he gave no shits about the reputation of the old firm or individual players. 

5 hours ago, dumpson said:

Phwoar, how good is it to see that again ?!

Big shout to agent Zaliukas for 'missing' that header too !   :verysmug:

I enjoyed it too but i couldn't help noticing Ozturk's "defending" for their off target free header at 2-0 was horrific!

Dagger Is Back
On 17/10/2017 at 13:50, HMFC86 said:

Erm Graham Weir....

This was the first that came to mind. 

Ian Ferguson at Tynie versus that lot. Got us a 1-1 draw and preserved our unbeaten run. Hibs guys that worked beside me moaned about how long we celebrated! You think you'd won they said. Bitter *******s.

On 17/10/2017 at 16:37, hmfc_steve said:

Ha ha .... the ball hit every part of his body on route to goal .... unforgettable !

SectionDJambo

Danny Grainger penalty in the Cup Final. Only goal for Hearts, I think.

Massive pressure, but no doubts in his mind. Even against 10 men, a miss could have made it very awkward.

The Willie Jamieson goal against Celtic was a belter. Can’t be many ex Hibs players, who came to Hearts to be remembered fondly.

Gordon Smith being the obvious exception.

Samuel Camazzola
15 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Massive pressure, but no doubts in his mind. Even against 10 men, a miss could have made it very awkward.

The Willie Jamieson goal against Celtic was a belter. Can’t be many ex Hibs players, who came to Hearts to be remembered fondly.

I'm pretty sure I was at a game when Grainger scored another for Hearts. Might be wrong though... 

27 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

45 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Maybe Paul Hartley too...

SectionDJambo
5 minutes ago, Sydney said:

Maybe Paul Hartley too...

Of course.

How could I forget him? I’ll bet a few Hibs fans wish they could.

8 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

This was the first that came to mind. 

Ian Ferguson at Tynie versus that lot. Got us a 1-1 draw and preserved our unbeaten run. Hibs guys that worked beside me moaned about how long we celebrated! You think you'd won they said. Bitter *******s.

That description sounds like the match John Millar equalised late on to preserve our unbeaten run in January 1994. Ian Ferguson put us ahead in January 1992 but that also ended 1-1.

Grainger played for Hearts at a time when I could make it to very few Hearts games, but I'm pretty sure I was there every time he scored for us. Hibs in the final, an absolute raker against Motherwell, that game against St Mirren the day admin was announced, and a cup tie v Livi where Zal made an arse of things before redeeming himself with 2 goals. 

I'm sure Grainger ran over to some fan who'd been giving him shite all game after his goal vs St Mirren and gave him some abuse back. :jjyay:

Dagger Is Back
1 hour ago, Silvery_Moon said:

That description sounds like the match John Millar equalised late on to preserve our unbeaten run in January 1994. Ian Ferguson put us ahead in January 1992 but that also ended 1-1.

Yeah I remember that one too. The game I meant was a Wed evening NY game. He came on as sub on 65 minutes and put us ahead and it was game 12 of the 22 in a row sequence. Happy days. Would be good to get back to that kind of dominance

I remember Paul O'Brien scoring a great individual goal against Killie (I think) in 1980 (I think, again) and thinking he was going to be amazing. He didnt do too much after that. 

N Lincs Jambo
On 10/17/2017 at 21:26, jambovambo said:

2pm k.o. - in November - Hobos having problems with their world-changing floodlights ?

Anyone remember why it was an early k.o. ?

I'd forgotten that one kicked off early. Can only assume it was part of the police strategy to prevent trouble inside the ground following the carnage of the previous derby at Tynie in August. The last derby before segregation was introduced.

2 hours ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

I'd forgotten that one kicked off early. Can only assume it was part of the police strategy to prevent trouble inside the ground following the carnage of the previous derby at Tynie in August. The last derby before segregation was introduced.

yeah you're probably right ....

Archived