New shirt sponsor

pennyjambo22

Hearing that Strongbow maybe making a return!!! Down side they may also sponsor the pond life at the same time.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...a bit disco

Be surprised if Mrs Budge went for this.

Maybe cash is king?

HamishMcGonagall

Good.  If only because Scott Wilson saying "Hearts main sponsors this season are Strongbow, the UK's number one cider..." is one of the odd standout memories of going to games when I was younger.

8 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Be surprised if Mrs Budge went for this.

Maybe cash is king?

Indeed it is.   She has already done her bit IMO, so I would be quite happy if she put together a good commercial deal for the benefit of Club funds.

Well, if it brings in more money to the club then I'm all for it . It will look far better on our famous maroon of course.:yes: 

Where are we hearing this though?

The pub?

Greggs?

mymotherisalsomylover.net?

Some random guy fi Peebles?

I'd be happy with backing from the Heineken group, even if they did bring about the end of proper Diggers Heavy.

What happened to Golden Wonder? 

Heard it was them with Pot Noodle.

Pies an outside bet. 

1 hour ago, HamishMcGonagall said:

Good.  If only because Scott Wilson saying "Hearts main sponsors this season are Strongbow, the UK's number one cider..." is one of the odd standout memories of going to games when I was younger.

Ah the memories. 

Same here oddy enough. You just need to add “lets get behind the team in the insert half.... lets make some noise!”

Son Of Anarchy

Worked well before. I still know a few Leeds guys who come up now and again to our games and it stemmed from our strongbow links. 

Exact same here. Would it take me right back. 

Also, Strongbow > Crabbies (imo). 

I think the then Strongbow marketing manager was a Hearts supporter. Can’t see the attraction for them now but you never know. 

Bazzas right boot

First thing that came to my mind!

...a bit disco
5 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Are Marshall's still producing Chunky Chickens?

Bought over by Grampian Foods.

But still...

C9JGmNRWAAA-k2C.jpg

8 minutes ago, bajthejambo said:

The Inter away kit is a must if this happens.

Why - what has HMFC got to do with Inter?   Maroon and white combo for me every time!  :flagwave:

3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Why - what has HMFC got to do with Inter?   Maroon and white combo for me every time!  :flagwave:

1998051603.jpg

6 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I'd say because away kits represent an opportunity to do something different. For supporters of a certain age that original kit is remembered fondly and it would be nice to see a throwback with the sponsor of the time. We've had an Ajax inspired kit for the same reasons and I don't believe we have any ties to them?

The candy stripe away kit from the period was also a favourite of mine.

2 minutes ago, Jeffosphere said:

Wee dash of Ribena with it and you have one almighty drink

Chuck in some Tennants and I'm right back in c.1984-86. The snakebite years. 

While the club may be open to a more commercial sponsor, i'm not sure where booze or a betting company for example fit's with AB's stance on making us a family club.

I'd love to have strongbow back as a sponsor, just can't see AB going for it.

One of the builders at the new stand told me it was gonna be Winalot, in January, whilst he smoked a fag.

fabienleclerq
33 minutes ago, bajthejambo said:

The Inter away kit is a must if this happens.

This.In.Spades.

I was so chuffed getting that kit as a boy, would love to get it for the wee sacks!

1 hour ago, ...a bit disco said:

Bought over by Grampian Foods.

But still...

C9JGmNRWAAA-k2C.jpg

The Chunky Chicken Champions

1 hour ago, bajthejambo said:

I'd say because away kits represent an opportunity to do something different. For supporters of a certain age that original kit is remembered fondly and it would be nice to see a throwback with the sponsor of the time. We've had an Ajax inspired kit for the same reasons and I don't believe we have any ties to them?

The candy stripe away kit from the period was also a favourite of mine.

Correct I loved that strip

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Maybe we can persuade Apple to sponsor us. That would t least keep the cider connection.

Good idea Beatles songs before and at halftime with appropriate songs play when  a goal scored . Now that would be Something I'm sure We Can Work It Out! ;)

PhoenixHearts
1 hour ago, fabienleclerq said:

This.In.Spades.

I was so chuffed getting that kit as a boy, would love to get it for the wee sacks!

Awful thing to call your kids....

4 hours ago, HamishMcGonagall said:

Wherever you’ve come from, who ever you support, get right behind your favourites. This is Tynecastle, LETS MAKE SOME NOISE!!

SW is a lege

Whether this is happening or not, what it does show, is that she has reversed the cheap sponsorship rut we were in. By holding out for the right offer, we are no longer just giving our strips away as advertising boards for shite brands with peanuts in return.

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, Ryder said:

Whether this is happening or not, what it does show, is that she has reversed the cheap sponsorship rut we were in. By holding out for the right offer, we are no longer just giving our strips away as advertising boards for shite brands with peanuts in return.

I think we should be aiming for something like...

image.jpeg.87b36ded9fac30bce1e39dacb22adad7.jpeg

with this on the back.

image.png.b404b141d77ca7047af88fd5e2dc0ad3.png

10 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

I think we should be aiming for something like...

image.jpeg.87b36ded9fac30bce1e39dacb22adad7.jpeg

with this on the back.

image.png.b404b141d77ca7047af88fd5e2dc0ad3.png

Or:

9F65DDDE-93BC-4BA8-A8FB-166A0B88E24D.png

0D621C02-02AE-4302-BB20-418B76D1684D.jpeg

fabienleclerq
30 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Out of interest which sponsor are you referring to in terms of paying peanuts?

11 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Out of interest which sponsor are you referring to in terms of paying peanuts?

Hi Fabien. Lovely to speak to you as always. 

Anything sub-400k per season in today’s money would be my line in the sand. Although I’d be wanting a lot more to have their brand on our beautiful historic strip with an exposure to millions of people every week.

17 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Anything sub-400k per season in today’s money would be my line in the sand. Although I’d be wanting a lot more to have their brand on our beautiful historic strip with an exposure to millions of people every week.

Wonga's deal was the biggest we'd had, just into six figures per year IIRC. 400k seems unrealistically high to me

fabienleclerq
18 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Why are you so abrasive? I'm just curious which sponsors never paid us much and you appeared to know.

I could only think maybe wonga but then they seemed to quite a helpful sponsor.

1 minute ago, fabienleclerq said:

Why are you so abrasive? I'm just curious which sponsors never paid us much and you appeared to know.

I could only think maybe wonga but then they seemed to quite a helpful sponsor.

No need for that m8. :(

I was being serious. We don’t talk enough.

fabienleclerq
Just now, Ryder said:

No need for that m8. :(

I was being serious. We don’t talk enough.

You're a strange laddie.

2 minutes ago, ManMoth said:

Wonga's deal was the biggest we'd had, just into six figures per year IIRC. 400k seems unrealistically high to me

Really? Seems like a ****ing steal to me. Exposure to millions of people, taking up space on one of the world’s oldest professional football club’s strips? Personally I think we sell the right far too cheaply.

1 minute ago, fabienleclerq said:

You're a strange laddie.

Wee bit confrontational m8. Nae need. :thumbsup:

Archived