Next 10 games in Edinburgh

RobbofordGHC

Next ten games all in Edinburgh with (hopefully) 7 at Tynecastle, big chance for 20 - 25 points and a push back into the top 4. I'm going for 6 wins 4 draws so 22 points, anything less than 18 would be poor.

What would you predict?

I certainly think one part of Levein's plan to get us back on the road to recovery is establishing a strong home record again.

Nothing is cut and dried because of this long home spell. We've yet to convince we are confident and playing with authority on our own turf. Of course, I know we need the games to do that but you can look back at last season and see how we toiled.

Different times though and a manager I have great confidence in but the players need to step up to the standard required.

I hate predicting because I want to win every game but I suppose half a dozen wins would be a good return given where we are as a team just now.

Bazzas right boot

Top of the league by Xmas.

Walker signs a new deal.

Moult joins in January along with shock signing Snodgrass on loan.

We find a left footed left back who can play.

When I read that back, the sad thing is that the left back is the most unlikely!

5 wins 3 draws 2 defeats 18 points, still a decent effort imo, anything more would be great. (Obv want 30 points though)

9 minutes ago, RobbofordGHC said:

Next ten games all in Edinburgh with (hopefully) 7 at Tynecastle, big chance for 20 - 25 points and a push back into the top 4. I'm going for 6 wins 4 draws so 22 points, anything less than 18 would be poor.

What would you predict?

No predictions from me (I'm guessing we'll lose at least one we all thought we'd win - probably against a team struggling) but a 10 game unbeaten run would be incredible. That form would have us up to 3rd minimum. It's definitely possible with all those home games and hopefully that's how we're looking at it.

14 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

23 is a good return and would see us top 4/5.

We are only 5 points off third place after 8 away games. Anyway 8 wins and 2 draws so 26 points.

3 minutes ago, RobNox said:

I'd be happy with 29 points, that would be a remarkable achievement!

Wouldn't half if it was even possible to get that tally either 30 or 28  sorry.

With the team as it is i would expect around 18 points from those games. I think the first back at Tynecastle might be one of the big let downs.

If we have the 7 at Tynecastle I’d hope for 20 points as being hopefully realistic. More than 20 would be superb. 

Under Levein I’m confident of it. A manager who can manage at Home is exciting compared to what we endured most recently. Onwards and upwards.

Bazzas right boot

7/8 wins would be good, more fantastic. Anything below 6 wins would be a bit shit.

7 wins , a draw and two defeats. I think ranger's might beat us at Murrayfield, can't see us not losing another one in 7. 

9 minutes ago, VALDOS said:

With the team as it is i would expect around 18 points from those games. I think the first back at Tynecastle might be one of the big let downs.

No chance the first one is a guarantee win for me on opening day.

17 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

Wouldn't half if it was even possible to get that tally either 30 or 28  sorry.

Whoosh.

32 minutes ago, RobNox said:

I'd be happy with 29 points, that would be a remarkable achievement!

:groundhog:

59 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Would someone mind listing the 10 games and dates? 

Not only is it 7 in a row at Tynecastle, the first 6 of them are all winnable games with Motherwell being the only top 6 side. 

It is a tricky 3 before and after that spell. 

21st Oct - St Johnstone - Murrayfield 

24th Oct - Wee team - Away

28th Oct - The Rangers - Murrayfield 

5th Nov - Kilmarnock

19th Nov - Partick Thistle

25th Nov - Ross County

2nd Dec - Hamilton

9th Dec - Motherwell

13th Dec - Dundee

16th Dec - Celtic

23rd Dec - St Johnstone - Away

27th Dec - Wee team

26 out of 33 points is the absolute max we could take in that time IMO which would probably put us in 3rd place not far behind Aberdeen.

I think we will take 20-22 in that time which will see us 4th or 5th.

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Our league season will be effectively decided in the next 10 games.

The next 3 will have a massive say, in about third or looking at 4th/ 5th/ 6th.

jambo-in-furness

Lets not not overestimate our home results, a marked improvement in our performance will do for me, at present we are far from convincing.

Saying that, win our next three and everything will be right with the world, stuff the performance.

Keeping key players like Laff, Isma, Walker and Berra injury and suspension free will be crucial. Our squad is paper thin with no good cover for those positions.

letsalldothebeattie

Massive chance for us to set a marker down with a great run of form. Should be no excuse for any slip ups being at home for the next 2 months. With the exception of Celtic who I always see as a free hit we should be taking a good chunk of points in this run. Would love to see us take 27/30 before going away to St Johnstone tough ask I know but even if we can take 21-24 pts that would put us in a good league position heading into the break 

There absolutely should be at least 5 or 6 wins in there so less than 20 points would disappoint me.

The prospect of results like 1-1 draws with Ross Co is just depressing.

50 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Not only is it 7 in a row at Tynecastle, the first 6 of them are all winnable games with Motherwell being the only top 6 side. 

It is a tricky 3 before and after that spell. 

21st Oct - St Johnstone - Murrayfield 

24th Oct - Wee team - Away

28th Oct - The Rangers - Murrayfield 

5th Nov - Kilmarnock

19th Nov - Partick Thistle

25th Nov - Ross County

2nd Dec - Hamilton

9th Dec - Motherwell

13th Dec - Dundee

16th Dec - Celtic

23rd Dec - St Johnstone - Away

27th Dec - Wee team

26 out of 33 points is the absolute max we could take in that time IMO which would probably put us in 3rd place not far behind Aberdeen.

I think we will take 20-22 in that time which will see us 4th or 5th.

The Dundee game is on Tuesday 12th December at 7.45pm

The Celtic game is on Sunday 17th December at 12.30pm

43 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

Keeping key players like Laff, Isma, Walker and Berra injury and suspension free will be crucial. Our squad is paper thin with no good cover for those positions.

Crucial, along with Soutar and the Vermin will be put back in their box.

IveSeenTheLight
4 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Interesting thought, but I'm confident we'll get more than 15 points out of our next 33 available.

I hate threads like this, always set us up for a massive fall. 

I just want to see progress, if the amount of points we pick up see us move into the top 4/5 - I'm happy. Putting definite numbers of points/wins, when other teams are bound to drop points is silly. 

I keep saying it, but we're long overdue to beat Celtic.  If we really get on a roll and get belief in the team and atmosphere in Tynecastle rocking, 16 Dec looks like a great time to do it.

21st Oct - St Johnstone - Murrayfield - 1-1 Draw

24th Oct - Wee team - Away - 1-0 Win

28th Oct - The Rangers - Murrayfield - 1-3 Loss 

5th Nov - Kilmarnock - MASSIVE 5-0 win

19th Nov - Partick Thistle - 2-0 win

25th Nov - Ross County - 2-2 draw

2nd Dec - Hamilton - 3-0 win

9th Dec - Motherwell - 1-2 loss

13th Dec - Dundee - 1-0 win

16th Dec - Celtic - 2=2 draw 

23rd Dec - St Johnstone - Away - 2-1 win

27th Dec - Wee team - 0-0 draw

4 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Interesting thought, but I'm confident we'll get more than 15 points out of our next 33 available.

Go away.

I've just read on partyplanners that Hibs have won one of there last seven games.

If that's correct it's tremendous.  One of their posters says 3rd is the best they can hope for now.

3rd!!!!!

Mate spoke to Austin McPhee yesterday.  McPhee was getting a look around the  new stand.

They are 'buzzing to get back to Tynie with a view to our players loving the even more fully enclosed nature of the stadium.

And the opposition hating it. 

Players themselves are key to this, but big onus on fans too.

9 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Beat it will you.

9 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I'm confident no one here gives a flying **** what you think

13 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

21st Oct - St Johnstone - Murrayfield  1 pt

24th Oct - Wee team - Away  0 pt

28th Oct - The Rangers - Murrayfield  0 pt

5th Nov - Kilmarnock   1 pt

19th Nov - Partick Thistle  3 pt

25th Nov - Ross County  3 pt

2nd Dec - Hamilton   3 pt

9th Dec - Motherwell   1 pt

13th Dec - Dundee  3 pt

16th Dec - Celtic   0 pt

23rd Dec - St Johnstone - Away   1 pt

27th Dec - Wee team   1 pt

17 points

I always think we should be aiming for 7 points from every 3 homes games played and 4 points from every 3 away games.

Gives a minimum 66 point season with 1 home and 1 away to spare.

A draw against Hibs would have us on 12 points from 9 away games, so bang on 4 points per 3 away games.

5 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I always think we should be aiming for 7 points from every 3 homes games played and 4 points from every 3 away games.

Gives a minimum 66 point season with 1 home and 1 away to spare.

A draw against Hibs would have us on 12 points from 9 away games, so bang on 4 points per 3 away games.

A draw against them put us on 13 mate.

Referee for Saturday’s game v St Johnstone is Nick Walsh, assisted by Gordon Crawford & Graeme Leslie.

4th Official is Grant Irvine.

Referee for the derby is Andrew Dallas, assisted by Graeme Stewart & Dougie Potter. 4th Official is Willie Collum.

The first 6 games at Tynecastle really should bring 18 points. Any dropped points at home against those sides is poor imo 

15 minutes ago, Outlander said:

Referee for Saturday’s game v St Johnstone is Nick Walsh, assisted by Gordon Crawford & Graeme Leslie.

4th Official is Grant Irvine.

Referee for the derby is Andrew Dallas, assisted by Graeme Stewart & Dougie Potter. 4th Official is Willie Collum.

We need a strong ref for the derby. Hibs get away with a lot if highly things early on and con refs into giving them fouls for falling down

30 minutes ago, Spencer said:

The first 6 games at Tynecastle really should bring 18 points. Any dropped points at home against those sides is poor imo 

I’d be amazed, but happy, if we won them all. Dropping points in an individual match against them is disappointing but a 15 point haul wouldn’t be poor Imo.  However, I do realise my lack of ambition is killing the club. 

Lucille's Thirsty

If we play like we did against Aberdeen with the exception of scoring a goal we will be right up there. I'm crossing my fingers that Levein can get a Europa spot.

29 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I’d be amazed, but happy, if we won them all. Dropping points in an individual match against them is disappointing but a 15 point haul wouldn’t be poor Imo.  However, I do realise my lack of ambition is killing the club. 

Your final comment was evidently felt necessary 

Hope you feel better now 

Archived