Strangest thing you've ever witnessed

Jeff

No idea why but this morning I've woke up tired and my minds gone AWOL and I've been thinking about a lot of stuff that happened in the past.

One time when I was maybe 14/15, me and my mate were walking back from a sports bar in Bainsford, Falkirk (god held up) and this woman came sprinting out a pub screaming. Me and my mate at that age found this funny, although in hindsight it's actually fairly worrying. Anyways we are pi$$ing ourselves and are looking back to see where this woman goes, next minute we turn around and this guy that can only be described as a Hagrid tribute act has also came running out the same pub sprinting after this woman whilst playing a tune on an acoustic guitar.... Only in Bainsford

Absolute bizarre looking back at it.

So anyways, any great stories?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Салатные палочки

I'm not a believer in ghosts but me and a mate saw what we can only describe as one one night.  Close to where we lived there was a country road with a couple of houses dotted about it.  One of the houses was burned down in an insurance job.  The guy who owned the house also owned a dairy and out the back of the house there were two milk trucks.  We managed to open the back of one and when the weather was crap me and my mates used to go down and sit in it with a wind up camping light. One night, about this time of the year, we went down and there was a man standing at the rear of the house just staring at us.  We just stood there, shitting ourselves and after a few seconds, what we think was a black dog bolted past us at a ridiculous speed.  We turned as it past and then the guy was gone.  Still to this day have no idea what went on there but it fairly freaked us out.  

36 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

I'm not a believer in ghosts but me and a mate saw what we can only describe as one one night.  Close to where we lived there was a country road with a couple of houses dotted about it.  One of the houses was burned down in an insurance job.  The guy who owned the house also owned a dairy and out the back of the house there were two milk trucks.  We managed to open the back of one and when the weather was crap me and my mates used to go down and sit in it with a wind up camping light. One night, about this time of the year, we went down and there was a man standing at the rear of the house just staring at us.  We just stood there, shitting ourselves and after a few seconds, what we think was a black dog bolted past us at a ridiculous speed.  We turned as it past and then the guy was gone.  Still to this day have no idea what went on there but it fairly freaked us out.  

I’m going to take a leap of faith and say it was just a guy walking his dog :D

Carl Fredrickson

In the early 90s on holiday in Devon went to Exeter. Roasting hot day sitting on a bench with a can of juice in a pedestrianised area of the shopping area. A woman in her 20s runs past screaming like a banshee quickly followed by a huge butcher swinging a meat clever. 

At the time I thought it may have been filming for a movie or TV show but there were no cameras. Maybe a thief or she was unfaithful?

To this day I dont know but I have often wondered about it.....

The most surreal thing I've ever seen was when I was sitting outside a bar in Spain about 25 years ago.

A guy walked past the bar with 2 lit cigarettes sticking out of his ears.

Maybe doesn't sound like much of a deal, but I've always remembered that.

Still can't figure that one out...

ps, No , I wasn't bevvied.

24 minutes ago, bairdy said:

The most surreal thing I've ever seen was when I was sitting outside a bar in Spain about 25 years ago.

Had a laugh at that one haha.

50 minutes ago, bairdy said:

Some aliens don't quite assimilate correctly into human life when they first arrive on this planet. Its superiors will have had a serious word in its ear (or equivalent organ depending on the species) if they knew it was  so blatantly outing itself as non-human. Not many people get to see such mistakes though, well done!

1 hour ago, bairdy said:

Thats class, when it comes to people, anything is possible.

Probably not particularly strange as it was most likely part of a stag do or something, but I think once saw 2 fully kitted out Imperial Storm Troopers, walking down The Mound.

The only strange thing I've witnessed, I think, was when I encountered a man with a very abnormal shaped skull (I only remember thinking at the time: "Why is his head diagonal?") in a small railway station in England. Think Joseph Merrick but an even stranger shape. It took all my willpower not to stare, to be honest.

zoltan socrates

Walking through brisbane shopping precinct and a man dressed like jesus, complete with hair and shabby robes, walking up the pedestrianised street, much like rose street, reciting bible verses, arms out, covered in shite, could smell him coming

Generic Username

I walked past a woman pissing into a Farmfoods bag in a doorway in Glasgow. I don't know if it was some form of protest or whether she'd just been caught short.

Just now, Meestah Sahmon said:

I walked past a woman pissing into a Farmfoods bag in a doorway in Glasgow. I don't know if it was some form of protest or whether she'd just been caught short.

That's got to be considered good manners in Glasgow !

Similar to the above, I remember being in Paris for the McFadden Scotland game, and the morning after I was incredibly hungover walking to the train station.  Some woman walked past me on her mobile and in full business gear looking like she was off to work.  Still on the phone she stepped off the kerb, hovered over a drain, pulled her skirt up and pissed in the street all while continuing her phone call.  No one even batted an eyelid.

18 minutes ago, Meestah Sahmon said:

I walked past a woman pissing into a Farmfoods bag in a doorway in Glasgow. I don't know if it was some form of protest or whether she'd just been caught short.

This is where this story stopped being strange.

We watched a woman sitting in a park surrounded by what must have been over 100 cartons of yoghurt. We stood and watched and believe me when I say she ate every single one of them, one after the other, at breakneck speed in under 10 minutes.

When I was backpacking around Ethiopia I saw a man walking down the road stark bollock naked with a block of wood clenched between his arse cheeks. He looked like he was under the influence of something.

I used to piss on my flatmates toothbrush every night as we didn't get on.

Just a suggestion for those who dont like their spouses.

1 minute ago, deesidejambo said:

Have done a similar thing using Deep Heat rub.

Add it to daily face moisturiser or to the shower gel that ladies use for their erm....delicate areas.

Stand back and watch or listen.

8 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Have done a similar thing using Deep Heat rub.

Add it to daily face moisturiser or to the shower gel that ladies use for their erm....delicate areas.

Stand back and watch or listen.

Thanks I'll give that a try.      Im sure she'll see the funny side on the way to the hospital.

Just now, deesidejambo said:

Thanks I'll give that a try.      Im sure she'll see the funny side on the way to the hospital.

:lol:

38 minutes ago, Stokesy said:

When I was backpacking around Ethiopia I saw a man walking down the road stark bollock naked with a block of wood clenched between his arse cheeks. He looked like he was under the influence of something.

Wood between the arse cheeks, you say?

aFxIOpW.jpg

:eek:

Samuel Camazzola
53 minutes ago, Morgan said:

We watched a woman sitting in a park surrounded by what must have been over 100 cartons of yoghurt. We stood and watched and believe me when I say she ate every single one of them, one after the other, at breakneck speed in under 10 minutes.

She must have been Mullered after that... 

Alwayssunnyingorgie
32 minutes ago, deesidejambo said:

A guy I worked with was a total arse thought he was rambo because he was a adult cadet. Anyway he used a spork to eat his lunch. One day only 2weeks ago I got it and rubbed it over my arm pits ****** & balls,  arsehole and popped it back in his cup ready for his next meal. I hope he tasted me. 

Geoff the Mince
5 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Aye but you're from Paisley mate .

25 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

She must have been Mullered after that... 

:)

Honestly, I've never seen anything like it.

All roads lead to Gorgie

A cyclist has passed me on a few occasions on the north Edinburgh cycle track singing at the top of his voice.  

I thought that was a bit strange but on the last occasion I noticed he was enjoying a bit of Amsterdam's finest as he cycled on his merry way.

Not really strange, but certainly different.

Two of us were coming out of the police box in Newcraighall Village.  A girl passed on a Vespa type scooter, followed by a car a short distance behind.  The scooter suddenly went over on its side and the girl slid off, she was lying on the ground when she went head first under the following car.  The driver braked but the car did carry on a bit before stopping.  We ran down looked under the car and saw the girls head wedged firmly under the axle, shock changed when an irate voice in very unladylike language  ordered us to get her out of there. A few of us some other men who had arrived at the same time lifted the car enough at the front for my partner to pull her out, it transpired that her helmet had been strong enough to withstand the pressure of the axle, absolutely no injuries.  After protests she gave us enough for an accident report, got on her scooter and was gone.

2 hours ago, Stokesy said:

Everyone has a vice.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I remember that guy that used to walk around the Haymarket/ Dalry area barefooted, I think he was a Buddhist.  I haven't seen him in a while but he is probably still around.

I was walking home from a night out just at Frankenstein, I fight had broken out between two guys. One dressed aa batman the other as superman. Superman kicked his a$$

Was walking home after a Hogmanay bash one year, about 2am in the morning. No taxi's so i walked the shortest route home through a wooded area. It was pitch dar apart from the moonlight and i could hear singing...looked into the trees and there were two people staring up a tree chanting some mental song.

Hot footed it home after that!

William H. Bonney
14 minutes ago, jamboy1982 said:

I was walking home from a night out just at Frankenstein, I fight had broken out between two guys. One dressed aa batman the other as superman. Superman kicked his a$$

I saw woody kicking the shit out of Buzz lightyear once. 

1 minute ago, maroonlegions said:

This.

20689536_1552947411435079_5051364846927296354_o[1].jpg

OMG. A ymail.com address - that's crazy!

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

This.

20689536_1552947411435079_5051364846927296354_o[1].jpg

Anyone think this years Hobo strip could have been better designed ?

I P Knightley
52 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Everyone has a vice.

Except, it would seem for that guy who had to use his arse cheeks.

(Apologies if I've just spelled out your very good joke)

Just now, I P Knightley said:

:D

All roads lead to Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Boris said:

I saw a man walking a goat down Dalry Road once. 

That's probably not what's meant but :oohmatron:

5 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Apology accepted, it's never a good joke when it needs spelled out :lol:

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Was in my cousin's car, sitting on Hollywood Blvd, must have been 2pm on a Tuesday. Guy crosses the road on full gimp boundary gear. Gas mask, the lot. Pensioners all around. 

No-one batted an eye lid. 

William H. Bonney

The transformation of Stevie Fulton from useless lazy footballer to midfield maestro was strange yet superb. 

I was in Brussels on business once, and went to a restaurant for a meal.  In the middle of my dinner, a dog fight broke out in the restaurant.  Customers were allowed to bring their dogs in with them, and two of them (dogs, not customers) went at it.

The battling dogs rolled under my table, and I lifted my plate and beer clear while the table rattled and bounced.  The owners finally got the dogs separated, and everyone carried on as though nothing had happened.

All roads lead to Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Was in my cousin's car, sitting on Hollywood Blvd, must have been 2pm on a Tuesday. Guy crosses the road on full gimp boundary gear. Gas mask, the lot. Pensioners all around. 

No-one batted an eye lid. 

Probably just Weinstein on the way to the casting room.

Riddley Walker

I was at Exit Festival in Serbia and there was a guy in a total state leaning on the bar, properly wasted. I kind of went to touch his shoulder to ask if he was alright when someone grabbed my arm to stop me. Turned out he had  shite covering the entirety of his back and all down his trousers as well.  

He'd obviously been rolling around muntered and shat himself. 

Archived