PPI call

3fingersreid

Got a call from today from a Welsh female today asking about PPI claims , I told her I’d already claimed after taking advice from the good folk of kickback ( think that might’ve confused her) however she went on to say that you can claim back any PPI back to the age of 18 . Is this correct or just a bit of selling patter to try and get business . I certainly had car loans that far back but that’s back to the mid80’s . 

Yes and no.

There is the 6 year rule in that financial institutions have to hold your records for that length of time so a claim is easier.

Going back further is possible but its not as easy as they may not hold your records and dont have to.

its worth giving them a bash you have nothing to lose.

It's worth firing off a standardised letter as the lender may still have records. Don't use the services of a claims company, all they do is pinch one of the standard letters and take a percentage. There are template letters on Money Saving Experts and numerous other sites.

Shanks said no

When I was on my PPI crusade I definitely managed to cash in on loans and credit cards I had 10 plus years before. You will need some basic information though. I was lucky enough to come across 2 A4 sheets of old standing orders / direct debits my bank had given me at one time. It listed who I was paying, the monthly amount and the reference number. I basically blagged it from there by sending off the standard letter saying I had a PPI claim. Some came back telling me I never had protection but others coughed up, including some who had little paperwork themselves. 

By by the time I gave up chasing (and I regret not fighting one to the bitter end) I was about £34k better off.

I had no records but got £3k back from 3 loans I had in the mid to late 90’s. The PPI payment wasn’t huge but some interest was added. I was genuinely shocked.  And that was after the firms £1k cut.

definitely worth a go. I used the claims guys and they were great.

i should say the loans were not for much each one was between £500 and £2,500

Banks will often have records that go back further than 6 years. I know for a fact that Barclays do as I used to work for them.

10 minutes ago, Stokesy said:

Banks will often have records that go back further than 6 years. I know for a fact that Barclays do as I used to work for them.

I’m testament to that

I’ve already done the claims that went back ten years , I was just surprised that she said it would go further back than that , think I’ll give someone a call and see what happens 

Archived