Welcome Back!

redm

The Google ads on mobile are annoying. They don’t respond to the device width and cause horrible horizontal scrolling.

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Riddley Walker
1 minute ago, Paolo said:

Sorry, after a couple of hours playing about with it, I am liking it less and less.  

Every time you revisit a thread, you start from the beginning again (unless I am missing something), being the main frustration.  

On the other hand, I do see historic warning points from as far back as 2014 

Clicking on the star next to this thread took me to my last unread post.  On Android.

18 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

Clicking on the star next to this thread took me to my last unread post.  On Android.

Thanks.  I am iPhone and I cannot click the star.   No matter.   Will try again later.  

Thanks anyway. 

7 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Thanks.  I am iPhone and I cannot click the star.   No matter.   Will try again later.  

Thanks anyway. 

You should be able to i can and im on iphone , its either a star or a dot.

It'd be better if there was a preference to just go to the first unread post when you open a topic

Clicking or tapping the tiny star/dot right on the left side is a pain in the arse for what I'd guess is the most common thing folk want to happen when opening a thread

Managed to actually embed a video on the music thread in The Shed, something I was too technologically challenged to do on the old site.  Am very much liking these new digs.

Some posts are spots, some are stars, some in maroon, some unfilled.  Can’t select anything though. 

All topics start at the beginning also, regardless of star, spot, filled or not. 

Is it IPhone Firefox, maybe?

3 minutes ago, kila said:

Thoughts on moving the + Quote bit to the right side instead? Bit annoying seeing it on the left when skimming down a thread

+1

7 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Some posts are spots, some are stars, some in maroon, some unfilled.  Can’t select anything though. 

All topics start at the beginning also, regardless of star, spot, filled or not. 

Is it IPhone Firefox, maybe?

Yup might be im on safari.

1 minute ago, Jamboelite said:

Yup might be im on safari.

Lucky you. South Africa?

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, ManMoth said:

I'm starting to think advertising and fund raising posts might not be welcome...

I wonder if we can still discuss our favourite beers, aftershaves and even CDs in case that is termed advertising a product.

New mobile version looks great but like others, I don't do change very well so it'll take some getting used to.

Good work though guys

Morgan, don't you need  [.i.m.g] and [. /.i.m.g] tags for images? 

Remove the dots! 

20 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I wonder if we can still discuss our favourite beers, aftershaves and even CDs in case that is termed advertising a product.

I don’t have a favourite cross dresser.  

Aside from my issue of every thread starting at the beginning for me when I open them, and not being able to select spots and stars, regardless of browser, what is the difference between the spots and stars, filled and not filled?  

I thought perhaps stars were hot topics, but they are a mixture of stars and spots, filled and unfilled, as is the non hot topics, (but as I said, the ones I have looked at all start at the begging when I open them). 

Son Of Anarchy
18 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Morgan, don't you need  [.i.m.g] and [. /.i.m.g] tags for images? 

Remove the dots! 

Not any more no. Simple copy/paste now or add attachment direct from your library.

3 minutes ago, Son Of Anarchy said:

Not any more no. Simple copy/paste now or add attachment direct from your library.

3 minutes ago, Son Of Anarchy said:

Over my head, but for the picture I posted, I had to look up an image from google, then save it to my photo album on my iPhone, then when posting click on the paper clip and choose existing photo, as it did not seem to accept the link or url when trying to add it. 

I then had to delete the photo from my album, as it would be weird if I kept a photo of Christopher Biggins in my album. 

59 minutes ago, kila said:

Thoughts on moving the + Quote bit to the right side instead? Bit annoying seeing it on the left when skimming down a thread

Good thought.

Already I've been looking down to the right bottom corner to make a quote.

4 minutes ago, EreWeG0.. said:

No more beautiful women who live a mile away from me anymore..

:sob:

Nightmare, your clicks alone were probably keeping this place afloat

:lol:

If my wife is looking over my shoulder while I'm browsing this, he's only joking pumpkin...

Get me into bother

:muggy:

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, Paolo said:

I don’t have a favourite cross dresser.  

Lilly Savage was aw right. Speaking as an impartial red blooded male to be clear. ;)

All roads lead to Gorgie
47 minutes ago, Jeffosphere said:

I like it but the white on white is kinda hard on the eyes

I tend to agree but it might cut my time on here a thing I have been struggling with. The round avatars will take a little while to get used to as well

15 hours ago, jumpship said:

Well now, this is interesting. Its looking kinda different. A few or more changes that i can see. Yes , yes i can confirm this is not how it looked before.

Thats my take on it anyway... ?

post-16384-14137430426803_thumb.jpegtest

1 hour ago, EreWeG0.. said:

No more beautiful women who live a mile away from me anymore..

:sob:

I have been offered the chance of some over 40s though. 

Perth to Paisley

For the first time I have made a donation to this site...looking forward to all the extras this will bring

8 hours ago, kila said:

The new interface is very white - can the background be a bit more grey so the white post windows stand out more?

Easier on the eyes

Agreed.  The minimalist look is good, but posts and post editing windows need to stand out a little more from the background, IMO.

J.T.F.Robertson
1 hour ago, Jeffosphere said:

I like it but the white on white is kinda hard on the eyes

Overall, I think it looks really good. But then I also like the look of the new stand. :(

5 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Agreed.  The minimalist look is good, but posts and post editing windows need to stand out a little more from the background, IMO.

Unless I'm going crazy, has the background not gotten greyer since earlier on? Seems to look good to me now!

Edit: I guess it depends on what screen you're using. More white on my phone which displays more accurate colours so maybe more contrast still needed

1 minute ago, kila said:

Unless I'm going crazy, has the background not gotten greyer since earlier on? Seems to look good to me now!

Still very light to me (Firefox, Windows 10).

Also, usernames are showing in black rather than maroon.

16 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Yeah we saw these comments earlier so I 'repainted' the background walls to mid grey rather than light grey/white. Still not dark enough? 

?

IMG_8327.PNG

Son Of Anarchy
1 hour ago, Paolo said:

Over my head, but for the picture I posted, I had to look up an image from google, then save it to my photo album on my iPhone, then when posting click on the paper clip and choose existing photo, as it did not seem to accept the link or url when trying to add it. 

I then had to delete the photo from my album, as it would be weird if I kept a photo of Christopher Biggins in my album. 

No idea about iPhones or internet pics so sorry can't help. Plus the fact I'm bloody useless. It's great now for pics already saved though.

VID-20171009-WA0005.mp4

Archived