Welcome Back!

redm

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, redm said:

PayPal payments for subs have been activated so that should work too.

Can't see that yet redm

No https for this part of the form either :thumbsdown:

1231.thumb.png.7437fc0c88423bbb63ff1ee728a91b0b.png

P.S. Nice to see my screenshot hasn't been compressed/reduced in quality

The drag and drop upload is great, will make posting photos of the new main stand a lot easier!

What are the max dimensions/size before photos get compressed?

5 minutes ago, kila said:

Can't see that yet redm

No https for this part of the form either :thumbsdown:

1231.thumb.png.7437fc0c88423bbb63ff1ee728a91b0b.png

Ah, righto. Fancy trying again now and let me know how you get on? Thanks for being guinea pig :)

Also re: photos, no we haven't given much thought to limits but we probably will have to at some point. It's not a priority at the moment though, we'll see how the forum performs first.

The Future's Maroon
2 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

whats the quick way of getting to the first unread post now?

Same as before, just different logos.....Dots and stars.

Rudolf's Mate
39 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Don't know if it has been mentioned, but today I haven't been able to log in via Tapatalk and cant view any threads :muggy:

Same here.

I've logged on via PC and gone to my user area and it's showing an email address (Tiscali) that I haven't used in around 12 years. Not only that but I've been getting email updates informing me of responses to my Hotmail email :lol: I've gone to change my email address and that tells me that it's already in use by another member :wtf:

The ads are too big, when viewing on your phone there is empty space to the right caused by the oversized ad at the top, its a pain when you are scrolling down and it keeps scrolling across to the right

image.thumb.png.fd7a2101e96f69c709c2256dc2d86c9d.png

I think I feel the same about it today as I did about iOS11 for the few hours after I updated my phone.

Nice enough, but with an element of 'kinda miss the old one' tbh.

But as with the iOS updates, you learn to love them and they become the norm.

Although I hope that's where the similarities with iOS11 end, because that's junk and I hate it :lol: 

If you are in a page in middle of thread. When you go back in using 'latest post' it still takes you to next page. I tried leaving this thread at top of page 3. Took me back to top of page 4. On Samsung mobile Chrome. 

8 minutes ago, Rudolf's Mate said:

Same here.

I've logged on via PC and gone to my user area and it's showing an email address (Tiscali) that I haven't used in around 12 years. Not only that but I've been getting email updates informing me of responses to my Hotmail email :lol: I've gone to change my email address and that tells me that it's already in use by another member :wtf:

Sounds a bit mad. If you PM me the details I'll take a look :) 

5 minutes ago, Tiger said:

The ads are too big, when viewing on your phone there is empty space to the right caused by the oversized ad at the top, its a pain when you are scrolling down and it keeps scrolling across to the right

image.thumb.png.fd7a2101e96f69c709c2256dc2d86c9d.png

Yes, we're aware of that. Will be sorted soon as we can. 

44 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Same as before, just different logos.....Dots and stars.

Used to just click the thread on my iphone and it would take me to the first unread post, now it takes me to the newest post which is sometimes on another page.

samsung s8

14 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Used to just click the thread on my iphone and it would take me to the first unread post, now it takes me to the newest post which is sometimes on another page.

samsung s8

Same. V.annoying

55 minutes ago, Rudolf's Mate said:

Same here.

If I remember correctly, when I first joined JKB the system did not allow hotmail addresses. I had to join using my tiscali address, and this is the one still showing in my profile.

letsmakesomenoise

The “go to the next unread post” functionality is definitely not right. I tried reading a few posts in a multi-page thread, then went back to the Terrace.

The dot wasnt even there any more. And as others have mentioned, even if it is it seems to go to the top of the next page.

Please, we need this back. ??

Rudolf's Mate
1 hour ago, redm said:

Sounds a bit mad. If you PM me the details I'll take a look :) 

Message sent Red :thumbsup:

Writing this post on chrome from my PC but when on iphone and hitting return your post looks like it auto spaces a line between sentences (i.e. a new paragraph with a space above separating it from last sentence) yet on here same post shows with no gaps. May make formatting a bit odd - if you think you've left a gap, you may not have.

59 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Great for photies. Here's one I wanted to upload since Jan 13 but didn't know how. Don't think we've had snow since.

Snowman.jpg

:laugh:

1 hour ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

samsung s8

Same on s7.

2 minutes ago, Van Wilder said:

I don't like change :( 

I know how you feel. I've been through so many social media site GUI changes, and probably complained about every single one. After a while, I noticed that I got used to virtually all of them, so now I don't bother complaining, I just embrace the change. If there's anything you still really don't like, then mention it. If enough people mention it then they'll probably change it, if it's possible on the new platform.

As it is, I'm amazed at how few teething problems there have been so far for such a large platform crossover. The guy who did it deserves a medal and a large glass of fine malt. And, although I've only used the new GUI on the desktop, I'm loving it. :)

michael_bolton

Looks good. Very much like Pie'n'Bovril. That said, I always preferred Kickback's easier to navigate design. Going between forums easily was great.

8 minutes ago, Van Wilder said:

I don't like change :( 

Not too keen on it either,but I think I'm all systems go.welcome back all

36 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Can't get pictures to upload from postimages.org like I used to.

Copy and paste them straight in?

33 minutes ago, kila said:

Why are some poster usernames maroon and some black? Only on the mobile site. Van Wilder and Morgan in this thread 

They are maroon on mine but others are black.

Sorry if been mentioned but on the mobile version whenever I open a thread it just goes to the first post, rather than where I last was in that thread. Anyone else?

Unlike Clerry Jambo my picture is not pasting properly (and it's gone on four times!).

Sorry

6 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Unlike Clerry Jambo my picture is not pasting properly (and it's gone on four times!).

Sorry

Its a cracker though mate :toasting:

Салатные палочки

Getting this every time I try to log in on Tapatalk. Ended up deleting it as now any time I try to get in using my normal browser it takes me in via Tapatalk :seething:

Screenshot_20171010-171024.thumb.png.436fd2b4cbcbc2a9aa09755369ef2eff.png

The Future's Maroon
9 minutes ago, ManMoth said:

I'm starting to think advertising and fund raising posts might not be welcome...

Mmmm, wonder what made you think that!

alwaysthereinspirit
18 hours ago, redm said:

As you'll probably notice we've made quite a few changes in the time we were down and while the good news is that we're back and the forum is live once more, there's still a lot going on behind the scenes.

A few million posts still have to transfer over so you might find that some old (and not so old) posts aren't showing quite as they should. That sort of detail will come back slowly over the coming days and maybe even week. There's a LOT of data.

The forum has new functions and we need to get to grips with them just as you do, but if you notice anything weird or wonderful please do let us know. I'll keep an eye on this thread. 

We also still have a few design tasks to sort out so you might find that it changes a little bit each time you visit in the next few days.

I imagine some of you might not like the number of changes but I hope the new forum will become every bit as familiar to you as the old one was. This wasn't an optional upgrade for us, the old software was well out of date and we simply had to move with the times if we wanted to keep the board running smoothly and keep it as safe as it needs to be. Most performance issues were ironed out in recent weeks but this upgrade should hopefully help us make these glitches less of an issue going forward too. 

I probably have lots more to say on this but I need to go and start fiddling with all the cool new functions we have. I'll come back and write up some 'How To' guides if you let me know which things aren't as intuitive or clear to you as they used to be. 

Thanks in advance to all of you for your patience and cooperation. We hope you like the new forum.  :)

(And Simon, tech guru, if you're looking in....thank you from all of us!)

Yesterday was a Monday holiday and you weren't around. Don't ever do that again. :)

When I forward a page it takes me down the next page. I miss the first 2/3 posts of that page and have to scrowl up to see them.

Not a biggie obviously but thought best to mention it.

I'm on Android phone. 

Moto 4G  

Sorry, after a couple of hours playing about with it, I am liking it less and less.  

Every time you revisit a thread, you start from the beginning again (unless I am missing something), being the main frustration.  

On the other hand, I do see historic warning points from as far back as 2014 

Archived