Welcome Back!

redm

Francis Albert

I like the cleaner more minimalist style. Reminds me a bit of the original Kickback when it was part of the official club site.

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Not sure if it's been pointed out, but on mobile, when you sign in to post a reply, the sign in box appears somewhere randomly up the length of the page, not where the current view selection is. 

Other than that, it's not bad :thumbsup:

It was signing out that was problematic for me last night. Tiredness and a caveman's grasp of technology; not a good combo. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

I am a bit of a Luddite to change but I fully understand the need to upgrade. I am sure everyone of the Kickback staff have been working hard on this and thank you to them for keeping it running smoothly.

Is there an issue with "older" content (i.e. pre-migration to the new one)?

Images and YouTube videos seem to be showing up as plaintext instead of embedded onto the page, but then if I do this:

GP37098443.jpg

It will be working fine!

I feel like I'm just picking faults now, but does the site only support Basic-Latin Unicode characters?

Foreign characters, such as in my avatar come up with ? instead of them:

For example:

ł

Edit - that seems to work:

Ļ Đ ÿ  Д

10 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Is there an issue with "older" content (i.e. pre-migration to the new one)?

Images and YouTube videos seem to be showing up as plaintext instead of embedded onto the page, but then if I do this:

GP37098443.jpg

It will be working fine!

Yes, the older posts are still converting behind the scenes and many won't display correctly while that's happening. 

Could take a while too. It's a case of either waiting it out and putting up with weird display effects or keeping the forum closed until it's done.

Just now, Red Jamie said:

Preview post would be good...

If you hit the little page symbol with magnifying glass in the toolbar it'll show your preview in desktop, tablet or phone formats.

11 hours ago, redjambo said:

I don't know if I'm just missing it somehow, but is there any chance of adding a little bar or links that allow you to switch directly between the Terrace and the Shed like we used to have at the top when we were logged in?

This, 100%.

Actually,

There used to be a little floating menu that appeared at the top of the screen, when you scrolled down the page of a topic.

It was an easy way to get back to the Terrace...

In the user details to the left of each post, you need a space after "Location"

2 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Where has the reputation and post liking gone?

Assuming it wasn't an intended feature and has now been disabled.

Okay, post spacing fixed. Hitting 'return' should only move you to next line rather than a new paragraph now.

PayPal payments for subs have been activated so that should work too.

Post editing toolbars updated to include spoilers and previews plus some other bits and bobs.

Rep system disabled. It's probably for the best. Eek. The forum works well without it.

And some really dull stuff that nobody wants to know about. Getting there. :)

1 minute ago, redm said:

Okay, post spacing fixed. Hitting 'return' should only move you to next line rather than a new paragraph now.

PayPal payments for subs have been activated so that should work too.

Post editing toolbars updated to include spoilers and previews plus some other bits and bobs.

Rep system disabled. It's probably for the best. Eek. The forum works well without it.

And some really dull stuff that nobody wants to know about. Getting there. :)

Any update to when we'll be able to view using Tapatalk?

18 minutes ago, BRY said:

Actually,

There used to be a little floating menu that appeared at the top of the screen, when you scrolled down the page of a topic.

It was an easy way to get back to the Terrace...

In the user details to the left of each post, you need a space after "Location"

Yes, we're going to look into that. It was a popular feature and if we can bring it back, we will.

The Location thing is annoying. Hadn't noticed that and now it's giving me seethe. Will take a look. 

Just now, Chester™ said:

Any update to when we'll be able to view using Tapatalk?

Not yet I'm afraid. Sorry. We have a few things to do before we can look at the Tapatalk situation.

Keep getting chrome notifications when someone replies to a thread I've looked at - any way to turn this off?

It's really annoying.

4 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

Keep getting chrome notifications when someone replies to a thread I've looked at - any way to turn this off?

It's really annoying.

The bell icon next to messages icon in top right corner. That's your notifications centre and you can amend the settings. 

Just now, redm said:

The bell icon next to messages icon in top right corner. That's your notifications centre and you can amend the settings. 

Though as I said earlier, thats not working. I've got mine off and still receiving them.

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Can you still multi quote?

Yep, the wee ➕ symbol to left of 'quote' option lets you select posts to add to a multi quote.

Just now, Chester™ said:

Though as I said earlier, thats not working. I've got mine off and still receiving them.

You may have to switch it off in your browser?  I did this with chrome.

1 minute ago, redm said:

Yep, the wee ➕ symbol to left of 'quote' option lets you select posts to add to a multi quote.

Thanks!

I like the 'whiteness' of the new look board.

That's not meant to sound racist, btw :) 

Son Of Anarchy

Taken me ages just to sign in. Drop down menu takes ages to appear and everything seems slower? Is the mobile site automatic or How'd you find it?

1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

Where has the reputation and post liking gone?

A few hours of being elite, cruely snatched away.  

:sob:

2 minutes ago, Son Of Anarchy said:

Taken me ages just to sign in. Drop down menu takes ages to appear and everything seems slower? Is the mobile site automatic or How'd you find it?

There's a few million posts updating in the background at the moment so the server can't be fine tuned until that work has completed.

We're basically still going through the upgrade while the forum is live.

Performance could be a little patchy in the meantime. It's just temporary though.

Салатные палочки

Don't know if it has been mentioned, but today I haven't been able to log in via Tapatalk and cant view any threads :muggy:

Son Of Anarchy
5 minutes ago, redm said:

There's a few million posts updating in the background at the moment so the server can't be fine tuned until that work has completed.

We're basically still going through the upgrade while the forum is live.

Performance could be a little patchy in the meantime. It's just temporary though.

No problem at all Red. I've no doubts it will be sorted shortly but this technophobe is gonna struggle lol is the mobile site still to come or is this it?

The new interface is very white - can the background be a bit more grey so the white post windows stand out more?

Easier on the eyes

1 hour ago, redm said:

Thanks. Turned them off but like Chester, i'm still getting notifications.

Archived