Welcome Back!

redm

5 minutes ago, redjambo said:

It might be a good idea for all those pointing out problems or suggested enhancements etc. to also say which device (and even browser) they are using to view the forum. That will allow the tech guys to pinpoint the issues more quickly.

It really would. Good idea, thank you. 

Saves me realising later on and having to go back and ask everybody individually when I start working back through the list. Argh. 

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do get to the Shed from the Terrace or vice versa? It used to be seen at the top of the screen but no more.

How do you jusy view the posts tou havent seen instead of having to go to the first or last page. Cheers

Samsung s7 google chrome

2 minutes ago, Robbo51 said:

How do you jusy view the posts tou havent seen instead of having to go to the first or last page. Cheers

Samsung s7 google chrome

Click the maroon dot next to the post. 

Bridge of Djoum
1 hour ago, Drewboy said:

I’m getting this error in Tapatalk!

E8977428-39AF-4DC6-8403-229549D1EB14.png

I'm getting that too.

Looks really good ,  :thumbsup:

Will  it be possible to do something with the advert size at the top of the page, seems to be the reason the page bounces about when scrolling down the page ?

I-phone and google chrome 

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, Robbo51 said:

Thanks for the response

Make sure you're signed in too.

Coburg Hearts
3 hours ago, Tazio said:

I generally have 2 tabs open in my browser. 

I usually have about 10 tabs open, including The Shed and The Terrace and other favourites haha.

Been doing it for years and never really had a problem. 

Well now, this is interesting. Its looking kinda different. A few or more changes that i can see. Yes , yes i can confirm this is not how it looked before.

Thats my take on it anyway... ?

3 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Looks really good ,  :thumbsup:

Will  it be possible to do something with the advert size at the top of the page, seems to be the reason the page bounces about when scrolling down the page ?

I-phone and google chrome 

Looks good so far, but this is definately an issue. This big loooooong ad at the top of the page means that there's loads of white 'space' down the right hand side of the posts. 

Riddley Walker
5 hours ago, zoltan socrates said:

Are most people using phones to view this? Would surprise me but looks like it

It's nearly 2018 man. 

Will take a wee bit of getting used to but looks good. 

The ad at top that means I can scroll left and right as well as up and down from iPhone is annoying but it's already mentioned. 

Lots of spacing between topics and posts is probably the only downside. 

Forgive my ignorance but now on sign in it asks if I want the 'floating bar' hidden or shown at bottom of screen. It says it's under development. I have no idea what that is and selected hide. Anyone tell me what it is and if I can I unhide later?!

:)

Oh just realised the profile pics are now round. Small point but i find on other platforms and work email etc the round ones are a pain in the rear. You can't crop properly. 

And a slice of battenburg isn't round!! :(:D

square please! :D

Looks great chaps, thanks for all the hard work.

Just a wee suggestion.............. next time the forum has to go offline let's make sure it's not a Monday - I actually had to do some work to fill the day ! :nojustno:

3 minutes ago, zoltan socrates said:

Meaning?

Meaning about 75% of users are probably mobile based, certainly before 7am.

Quick q re using on a mobile. How do I ensure the forum will take me to the first unread post on a thread? I'm assuming even posting a '.' wouldn't help? Cheers. 

Riddley Walker
4 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Quick q re using on a mobile. How do I ensure the forum will take me to the first unread post on a thread? I'm assuming even posting a '.' wouldn't help? Cheers. 

The star or dot beside the title? 

Or is that last post?

Sorry.  Basing judgement on mobile version and it looks and feels not as good.     

I guess it may be down to getting use to it. 

Viewing on Firefox on iPhone.  

Looks good. Not sure how mobile friendly it is compared to the previous site but I'll continue the road test and see how I get on. 

Looks like posting media has been simplified though which is excellent. 

Daft question. Does it automatically go to the mobile site? There used to be a button at the bottom to switch between them and I can't see that now. 

I think I'm on the mobile site, I'm not sure I like it. Maybe it'll just take some getting used to.

7 hours ago, redm said:

Ok. Have you noticed that with new posts (since we reopened) or is it photos on older posts from before the upgrade?

(Sorry, would check myself but it's better to ask someone who didn't have access during the process just in case I see things differently. And I have about a million tabs open right now.)

It's with new posts too.

horrible on mobile.  That advert banner at the top is sized wrong.

spacing is rubbish between posts

not easy to view stuff compared to old site.  feels like it's dumbed down to make it tablet proof.

only positive is the add media button.  

can genuinely see my use of site dropping as it's really not nice to read now.

Looks okay so far.  But then I've only looked through this thread. 

Have we lost anyone in the transmission...?

I like it. I notice I had to use my current username to sign in as opposed to my initial ID which I used to have to do. May confuse a few folk for a moment but not an issue.

2 minutes ago, Oneneilberry said:

Looks like a 70's council forum

:illogical: I see what you did, there.

Have now tested the smilies and the quote functions.  Check.

Will the bar be returning/allow us to toggle it on/off in the My Profile section (which I'm unable to do) and can we get an alternative skin, for those of us that have sight problems with bright skins? Will be able to close off Birthdays, on the main page, like we were able to do previously?

And can the noise that happens when new replies occur in a thread be turned off? I also cant log in at all on Tapatalk.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Riddley Walker said:

The star or dot beside the title? 

Or is that last post?

Think I'm being thick Ridley, but I'm not gettin you. On the main terrace page each thread has a wee dot to the left of its title. As before, if I've not added to the thread, it stays as a dot. If I HAVE added to the thread though, it changes to a star. In that sense nowt has changed afaik. 

But theres no dot dot I can actually select or anything like that. It means each time I'm visiting a thread I'm only bein taken to the top of the last page (and that's only if I actually select the last page when entering). Beforehand if I left a thread and returned, I'd automatically be taken to the last unread post in that thread. 

Ach well, I suppose I'll get there eventually! Cheers for the response anyway??

Clark Griswold
8 hours ago, Disco Dave said:

Looks good on iphone 8. Like how you can now jump straight to the last page of thread on mobile view.

you mean no more dots?

1 minute ago, Mr Sifter said:

Think I'm being thick Ridley, but I'm not gettin you. On the main terrace page each thread has a wee dot to the left of its title. As before, if I've not added to the thread, it stays as a dot. If I HAVE added to the thread though, it changes to a star. In that sense nowt has changed afaik. 

But theres no dot dot I can actually select or anything like that. It means each time I'm visiting a thread I'm only bein taken to the top of the last page (and that's only if I actually select the last page when entering). Beforehand if I left a thread and returned, I'd automatically be taken to the last unread post in that thread. 

Ach well, I suppose I'll get there eventually! Cheers for the response anyway??

If I'm getting you right, if there's no dot, that all the post been read. If you want to go to the last post in thread after that, click the time under the username and that'll take you there.

Archived