Welcome Back!

redm

19 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Those are the facts so, unfortunately, you'll have to wait a bit for the Tapatalk issue to be addressed.  

There was never any doubt in that. I'm just saying its a bit odd that you took the decision to come back so quickly with quite a bit still to do when, I suspect, most members would have taken a few extra hours offline to iron it all out.

Any further forward with my second point?

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Chester™ said:

There was never any doubt in that. I'm just saying its a bit odd that you took the decision to come back so quickly with quite a bit still to do when, I suspect, most members would have taken a few extra hours offline to iron it all out.

Any further forward with my second point?

It would have taken a lot more than a few hours to resolve everything. We took the decision to come back with a working forum as soon as we could. 

I don't know the answer to your second point though some people posted earlier on the thread re having to change some browser settings to resolve similar issues. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

I don't know the answer to your second point though some people posted earlier on the thread re having to change some browser settings to resolve similar issues. 

Which I've already said hasnt worked for me and hasnt seemed to for a number of people.

I'll give a welcome thumbs up to embedding Tweets though. Thats an excellent feature.

2 minutes ago, Chester™ said:

Which I've already said hasnt worked for me and hasnt seemed to for a number of people.

I'll give a welcome thumbs up to embedding Tweets though. Thats an excellent feature.

Ok, we'll need to look at that one then. 

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Sorry, the name doesn't register at all. I'll need to give London Hearts a look later.

That’s him in the middle, 1951 the tolcross Hearts  quiz teamTolcross Hearts Quiz.jpg

Coburg Hearts
3 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

That’s him in the middle, 1951 the tolcross Hearts  quiz teamTolcross Hearts Quiz.jpg

Sorry, Scott, I misread your post, I thought you were referring to a player. I don't recognise anyone from that photo, but the guy in charge when I joined in 1956 was called Phil, can't remember his second name, but he's not in that photo.

Салатные палочки
5 minutes ago, Morgan said:

CiHs8uzXEAAp436.jpg

giphy.gif

That score but :pleasing:

3 hours ago, Chester™ said:

That just sounds like management speak. Sorry. And I'm pretty sure the membership would have been happy to be offline a little longer if it meant having more functionality sooner.

Anywho, while you're here, will the notification issue be fixed soon? I'm still getting them despite turning them all off.

Well, no...it's not management speak. It's a simple case of making a choice between being offline for 14 hours or offline for 3 weeks. We have things to change, things to monitor, there's still millions of posts to transfer over, there's database configuration to change and then there's server stuff as well, among many many other things. We won't be adding on any third party plugins until the forum is configured exactly as we want it, and that takes some time I'm afraid. In the meantime, there's the mobile site. It's not like we're locking out mobile device users. 

Re: notifications - which issue do you mean? What kind of notifications are you getting?

Edit: Aha. Just saw your exchange with Dave. What browser are you using? 

3 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Thanks, RedM. I knew that, but maybe I wasn't as clear as I'd hoped :smile: You still can't see who's made the first unread post (not too important, I suppose) or see how many unread posts there are. Anyway, appreciated how much work is being put in by you and your fellow Mods.

No problem, and you're very welcome. 

Things are quite different in lots of ways. It's going to take a bit of figuring out and getting used to, for us admins and mods as well as the members :)

26 minutes ago, redm said:

Well, no...it's not management speak. It's a simple case of making a choice between being offline for 14 hours or offline for 3 weeks. We have things to change, things to monitor, there's still millions of posts to transfer over, there's database configuration to change and then there's server stuff as well, among many many other things. We won't be adding on any third party plugins until the forum is configured exactly as we want it, and that takes some time I'm afraid. In the meantime, there's the mobile site. It's not like we're locking out mobile device users. 

Re: notifications - which issue do you mean? What kind of notifications are you getting?

Edit: Aha. Just saw your exchange with Dave. What browser are you using? 

I know whats entailed thanks.

Firefox. Though I've noticed it on other browsers, both 'normal' web and mobile.

8 minutes ago, Chester™ said:

I know whats entailed thanks.

Firefox. Though I've noticed it on other browsers, both 'normal' web and mobile.

Well, there you go. That's where we are.

Can you screenshot the notification and post up a pic?

8 minutes ago, redm said:

Well, there you go. That's where we are.

Can you screenshot the notification and post up a pic?

I'll try. For example, I just had one there saying you'd replied in wee black bar thing, as soon as I clicked onto the main page (though its not restricted to the main page), that then disappeared very quickly. And there's always notifications on the bell icon at the top of the page. Can that be done away with?

8 minutes ago, Chester™ said:

I'll try. For example, I just had one there saying you'd replied in wee black bar thing, as soon as I clicked onto the main page (though its not restricted to the main page), that then disappeared very quickly. And there's always notifications on the bell icon at the top of the page. Can that be done away with?

Ah right, ok. Have you made any changes to your own user account notification settings?

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/notifications/options/

4 hours ago, Chester™ said:

That just sounds like management speak. Sorry. And I'm pretty sure the membership would have been happy to be offline a little longer if it meant having more functionality sooner.

Not this member. I'm happy to guddle around making minor tweaks if it means the forum is back in a usable form.

These are the instructions for blocking browser notifications on Chrome: 

image.png

Chester  - I don't have Firefox so can't check the instructions for Firefox, pasted below. Can you let me know if it works? If not, I'll continue my search.

image.png

20 minutes ago, Chester™ said:

I had already blocked notifications, on Firefox, for here.

You get firefox notifications for here even with it removed from firefox's settings?

Arthur Morgan
22 hours ago, Joel Miller said:

'Someone comments on something I follow' is greyed out, I can't turn the email option off and turn the site notification on. Why is this?

Screenshot_20171012-185946.png

Anyone help?

On phone Chrome 

When I have read every post / nothing new to read. I clickon the star/ dot to post something or re-read the thread doesn't open / nothing happens.

2 hours ago, Joel Miller said:

Anyone help?

Aaahhhh. Looks like several notification settings are pre-set for some reason. I’ll look into that tonight. 

3 hours ago, Joel Miller said:

Anyone help?

4 minutes ago, redm said:

Aaahhhh. Looks like several notification settings are pre-set for some reason. I’ll look into that tonight. 

Twiddled a few knobs - have a look now and see if it's any different. Fingers crossed.

Arthur Morgan
3 hours ago, redm said:

Twiddled a few knobs - have a look now and see if it's any different. Fingers crossed.

Sorted, cheers :thumbsup:

Cant access via tapatalk. Probably need to uninstall and reinstall on my phone. In other news how do you uninstall an app from an i phone ?:rolleyes4:

8 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Cant access via tapatalk. Probably need to uninstall and reinstall on my phone. In other news how do you uninstall an app from an i phone ?:rolleyes4:

The site isn't working in Tapatalk just yet. 

9 hours ago, cookieboy said:

The Kickback has never been better in my humble opinion

well said mate

:spoton:

8 hours ago, cookieboy said:

:glorious::flagwave::flagwave:

I must have been bad, don't even remember these . Vodka is a bad thing 

10 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

I must have been bad, don't even remember these . Vodka is a bad thing 

Thank goodness you didn't see the ones the mods deleted. ;)

Are there plans to reintroduce the jump to last read post link?

Without it its a pain.  Otherwise the changes are OK apart from tapatalk not working of course.

On Thursday, October 12, 2017 at 22:45, Coburg Hearts said:

Willie Bauld scores against Rangers, with George Young on his left. Think it's George Nevin in goals. A great pic of the old stand, too.

mxnHYq_VySCNMBpum10VNkJ1AOXZUjalpHE-azT3hFe-2XMYrbEaFCtSy4F35du9B3AX6sJ2VKSB8dTQhdGPkpkhn69aNWq6-AXx9_yV1CEfxwCBo2zGQFSBdWRil4f2Pnyq6pxgQ-4XhVwjIpqQu6lPtQTbQcLHApLBiMF0Id7_d1WeB84mkKH_UKTLJBrJUflIuQr83qk2DXZlmI2d0t-RLeLzvqn0TZGXOC1lbURLvdPzVe89rooF_b0mVarztX20Ee6-pN5cpZOrIwNFteo37U8AP9POB2lwvLyMCZf3CHlxMqvDj9gzv-GbyUNkFxvxgTNArTYT0BKSXCTHa6iENNaf2_7VtTzqURM1g2awBZFPUBGBj_SuJflkrsPD3B3fPvb_nc3ClA20QZxPWtdlwKffB8WRBYyDCft8V8cnq2YqQ9iIEsa9UoT7ky652O6DWdJ8BY-fjrbaoEa1uVmBbQgIQLI15dbrpR0t4L94iunOtk-u-0rbPicIdELQcTd8cNKKPiihyRhr9i54doZ4jeCQIcz7ILyBoZ9LAUbzrXKamNCgJHy2TWoEDYAGWleKVx7XFRSJJC0JdKWakvGln7TdZMgAlJiRx7D3qzk=w791-h530-no

I'm just seeing a grey version of a no entry sign instead of a photo. Don't know if it's only me that's seeing that? I'm getting the same for a few other photos that have been posted, but I can see most of them ok!

10 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I'm just seeing a grey version of a no entry sign instead of a photo. Don't know if it's only me that's seeing that? I'm getting the same for a few other photos that have been posted, but I can see most of them ok!

No, I'm seeing that too. How big is the image, what format is it (jpeg?), and how are you trying to insert it onto the page?

Coburg Hearts
10 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Have you been able to see any of the photos I've posted? I store them on a Google photo album, and some show the "no entry" sign when I open it, but only for a few seconds.  Wonder if anyone else has the same problem? 

47 minutes ago, poggs said:

Are there plans to reintroduce the jump to last read post link?

Without it its a pain.  Otherwise the changes are OK apart from tapatalk not working of course.

Click the black dot or star at the side of the thread title. 

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Click the black dot or star at the side of the thread title. 

Ah.  Thanks

(what a ***** I am - lol)

Coburg Hearts
35 minutes ago, redjambo said:

No, I'm seeing that too. How big is the image, what format is it (jpeg?), and how are you trying to insert it onto the page?

Strange.  I've just looked back at earlier photos I posted on the thread, and some that displayed fine then are now showing just the No Entry sign. All the ones I've checked are jpeg format. Maybe a size issue? 

8 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Strange.  I've just looked back at earlier photos I posted on the thread, and some that displayed fine then are now showing just the No Entry sign. All the ones I've checked are jpeg format. Maybe a size issue? 

Did you insert the images (and the one above) from a web site or as attachments?

Archived