Spittal

Hood09

Hasn't he just signed a long deal with Partick? You think he's worth paying a large (for us anyway) fee that would be required? I don't.

Thought this for a while now. Best player on the park yesterday. Always finding space good control and clever use of the ball. Not scared of driving forward when the opportunity arose. Poor shot for his goal but created the chance surrounded by Hearts defenders. Like you say sign him up before another club does.

Hasn't he just signed a long deal with Partick? You think he's worth paying a large (for us anyway) fee that would be required? I don't.

Two year deal signed this summer according to the article on the BBC which reported his move to Partick.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Two year deal signed this summer according to the article on the BBC which reported his move to Partick.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

We missed our chance then.

Was fed up listening to them going on about him, would have helped if our players had closed him down quicker.

Was good when we scored the look on their PAs face was priceless, seethin he was. 

What went wrong yesterday? Was it simply down to Djoum's absence that here, and on the sarcastic Djoum thread, people want to sign all three Partick midfielders? Surely Callachan, Walker and Cowie should be able to deal with Partick Thistle???

Captain Canada

I posted on here a few months back that I thought we should sign him but quite a few didn't agree.

He can definitely go on to play at a higher level and he was a free transfer so not much of a risk.

I posted on here a few months back that I thought we should sign him but quite a few didn't agree.

He can definitely go on to play at a higher level and he was a free transfer so not much of a risk.

Another example of a promising young attack minded player becoming available that we just do not seem to show any interest in. Be good to know the reasons why outside of speculation.

Watched him in the 2 games against sevco hardly heard his name.He scored but with a deflection.

Goal and an assist in the league game against them, 3 goals 3 assists in 7 games is decent.

Bazzas right boot

I'm not sure he's all that great.

He does do some good things but also gives the ball away allot and is quite lightweight.

Not sure he's the answer if we want to improve.

Much rather see us go for a Stewart, o' Halloran or a Christie.

alicante jambo

Goal and an assist in the league game against them, 3 goals 3 assists in 7 games is decent.

Fair enough rudi when you put it that way.

Bazzas right boot

He also gave the ball away which led to Thier goal. He was involved in the good and bad things for Thistle. He's ok. Not sure he's take us to where we want tho.

I watched both games v rangers he wasn't a stand out.

Another example of a promising young attack minded player becoming available that we just do not seem to show any interest in. Be good to know the reasons why outside of speculation.

I think he's the type of player we could do with.

i wonder if they think we might have better coming through the youths and signing someone in that position may stop the youth players progress?

It wouldn't take much to get into our midfield attack wiseright now

Had seen him a fair bit as I watch Thistle when unable to see Hearts. He was more significant yesterday than I have seen him. Seems to play well one in three or so. I felt he profited from Grizzly been miles off the pace yesterday, got confidence from first half hour and grew into a fine performance as he moved around the park. Thistle fans will tell you he's not usually that much of a threat. He might have made a decent addition as a squad player but I wouldn't have thought we need to beat ourselves up, we've not overlooked the next Hartley

Nucky Thompson

We would have some size of a squad if we signed every player who played well against us.

There's a thread like this nearly every week

We would have some size of a squad if we signed every player who played well against us.

There's a thread like this nearly every week

Drooling at the thought of McKinnon and Spittal talking the place of Djoum and Isma. What a team we will be.

There's a couple of teams in our league that I can think of who have signed a huge number of players who have played well against them down the years. If nothing else it weakens the opposition and the player may of course go on to be a decent signing.

Yep, thought he would have worth a punt over the close season when we could have got him for nothing.

Bazzas right boot

Had seen him a fair bit as I watch Thistle when unable to see Hearts. He was more significant yesterday than I have seen him. Seems to play well one in three or so. I felt he profited from Grizzly been miles off the pace yesterday, got confidence from first half hour and grew into a fine performance as he moved around the park. Thistle fans will tell you he's not usually that much of a threat. He might have made a decent addition as a squad player but I wouldn't have thought we need to beat ourselves up, we've not overlooked the next Hartley

This is a good summary

Wasn't wanting to criticise our players too much, However grizzly is looking like a poor player and Randall is average at best.

Would make most teams and players look decent.

Archived