Djoum today v Partick.

upgotheheads

That's right he wasn't there.

And for those who don't rate him that's the kind of stodgy midfield we'll have until he's back

Jamie Walker missed his presence particularly. He was quiet in the first half and improved slightly in the second but imo it's Djoum linking defence and attack that makes Walker a better player, they're never very far apart on the pitch.

That's right he wasn't there.

And for those who don't rate him that's the kind of stodgy midfield we'll have until he's back

Tell me what Djoum has done any different to what we witnessed by the midfielders today.

Is it his drive, determination or willingness to dictate the play we missed??? Didn't think so because he hasn't had any of these attributes for a long time now and thinks he is far better than he actually is.

I will agree though although Callachan has been excellent since he came in we still need another good quality central midfield player.

Reckon we should sign up Partick's number 13 Adam Barton. Bossed the midfield today for much of the game. Quite shifty for such a big ****er.

That said I don't know if he's actually good or if we where just especially poor in the middle today.

Reckon we should sign up Partick's number 13 Adam Barton. Bossed the midfield today for much of the game. Quite shifty for such a big ****er.

That said I don't know if he's actually good or if we where just especially poor in the middle today.

Edwards always impresses me when I see Partick.

If we ever get the Djoum of when he first came to us, rather than the Djoum he thinks he is, we'll have a brilliant player. I hope CL can bring that back out of him.

If we ever get the Djoum of when he first came to us, rather than the Djoum he thinks he is, we'll have a brilliant player. I hope CL can bring that back out of him.

Playing him in the same attacking midfield role he played then would be a good start.

Barton has generally been at his best as a sweeper in a back three. Though he's really composed, Thistle fans think he's a bit ponderous on the ball in midfield, but he was great there in both games against the Huns and us.

Agreed. Good player

Problem with Edwards is that he is a very good player at this level (Jackson Irvine all over again) and anyone now wanting him will prob have to pay a decent fee to get him...it was obvious after a very short period of time for Thistle he had a bit more about him and that would have been when to strike....anyways im going off topic but bout time we had another Aussie pin up boy....over to you Craig (and possibly Slim...)

The main issue today from what I could see was having Randall as the holding midfielder when he doesn't have enough composure on the ball to start moves or keep the play ticking over. Hence either Souttar having to step forward into this role at times or Walker having to drop way too deep. This left Isma very isolated.

It was clear for most of the match that we didn't need the three centre halves as it was leaving us an extra player not involved every time we pushed forward. Once we shifted to a back four we had an extra body in attacking positions and created more chances.

Archived