Fighting in the stand today

Geoff Kilpatrick

Yes to be fair because regardless of how much you may want it to be the 1970s again, some of the stuff coming out of the mouths of these people was embarrassing to be associated with.

Shocking, old chap. There will be a strongly worded letter sent to The Guardian on Monday morning.

Yours, most highly offendedness.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jambojames1874123

what has never kicked a ball got to do with it?

Because if you're just there to scream a load of sh*t at the ref, your own fans, or anyone in your general direction it would suggest you don't actually appreciate watching a game of football which is surely the whole point of going to a game regardless of who you support?

what has never kicked a ball got to do with it?

I think the implication is that they couldn't care about the football. Just looking for somewhere to be absolute ringpieces. Having a foul mouth at 13 does not make you a bigger man, it makes you an immature wee boy

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Jambojames1874123

I think the implication is that they couldn't care about the football. Just looking for somewhere to be absolute ringpieces. Having a foul mouth at 13 does not make you a bigger man, it makes you an immature wee boy

Exactly

Genuinely surprised folk are angry..... Folk drink act silly, like me on occasion..... Really don't mean harm..

Forgiveness, is a holy virtue.......

Jambojames1874123

Shocking, old chap. There will be a strongly worded letter sent to The Guardian on Monday morning.

Yours, most highly offendedness.

Fair play if your preferred atmosphere is bigotry and aggressiveness but I've been to enough games to know when parts of the crowd are detracting from rather than adding to the atmosphere...

Genuinely surprised folk are angry..... Folk drink act silly, like me on occasion..... Really don't mean harm..

God bless you.

"they both" being the headbutter and his dad, or the headbutter and the guy who who he headbutted, or the headbutter and the dad of the family in front?

Just out of interest, like.

Headbutter & Dad got kicked out I think.

Headbutter & headbutter's Dad both left the scene when they realised they were in the wrong.

Headbutt victim's Dad wasnae happy either so he followed them out under the pretence he was going to the toilet.

Headbutt victim's sister followed headbutt victim's Dad (and also her Dad) out to make sure he didn't start anything with headbutter or headbutter's Dad.

By this time the stewards had figured who was in the wrong.

When Headbutt victim's Dad came back, I asked what happened and asked if headbutter had been launched and he said yes.

I'm assuming headbutter's Dad left with him but don't know for sure.

As I said... I was sober when this was all going on but I'm not any more so if this make sense in the morning then I'm going to give myself a big round of applause!

TBF whenever OF or Hibs fans act like that Kickback is desperate to jump on its high horse about it. So when it happens within our own support it's correct that it is condemned.

Jambof3tornado

I drove through so was sober (I'm not now).

The extra hour combined with the early OF kick off did seem to get people ?ber pished.

Hardly forced folk to be more pished? Surely its a choice thing before a match, how much bevvy to consume?

Son Of Anarchy

Did anyone take their teeth oot first!

I still smile just at the thought of that :lol:

As an aside, hope I never sit beside BigC. He attracts "incidents" :)

God bless you.

And as my old Irish hero,who loved winding up my faith would say......may your god go with you......

Dave Allen...loved the bones of him...

Hardly forced folk to be more pished? Surely its a choice thing before a match, how much bevvy to consume?

I'm condoning nothing.

It escalated so quickly from sod all.

The boy that got a wee tap to the head could have avoided it by being a wee bit less "aye, I dare you" but the boy that did the headbutt wants to take a proper look at himself too.

He totally over reacted to being told to shoosh and over reacted again (by head butting) when the boy he squared up to didn't back down.

Nobody should be drinking it they can't control themselves at the first hint of a disagreement about a fecking offside.

As an aside, hope I never sit beside BigC. He attracts "incidents" :)

I solve them mate.

Would have been a full scale riot if the big man hadn't intervened.

And as my old Irish hero,who loved winding up my faith would say......may your god go with you......

Dave Allen...loved the bones of him...

Great comedian sorely missed, would love to have met him for a drink and a wee laugh

Headbutter & Dad got kicked out I think.

Headbutter & headbutter's Dad both left the scene when they realised they were in the wrong.

Headbutt victim's Dad wasnae happy either so he followed them out under the pretence he was going to the toilet.

Headbutt victim's sister followed headbutt victim's Dad (and also her Dad) out to make sure he didn't start anything with headbutter or headbutter's Dad.

By this time the stewards had figured who was in the wrong.

When Headbutt victim's Dad came back, I asked what happened and asked if headbutter had been launched and he said yes.

I'm assuming headbutter's Dad left with him but don't know for sure.

As I said... I was sober when this was all going on but I'm not any more so if this make sense in the morning then I'm going to give myself a big round of applause!

:D Cheers.

Nelly Terraces

And I get slagged for not being there when grown men are sandancing in front of kids and fans trying to watch a game.

I know who the bigger ***** out of us are in this respect

:)

I was there - so obviously better than you - it wasn't a talking point until you come on here & read bellends who live on the Internet on a Saturday afternoon gobbing on about it.

Cheers.

jambo-in-furness

I'm confused

Was the "sit down shut up" aimed at ending he guys arguing or

The guy trying to have a shite?

It should have been ten

He did. Pretty poor trying to slag off someone for coming from the other side of the world and taking his family to see Partick Thistle v Hearts.

This! Some absolute rockets on here

It should have been ten

Surely anyone who headbutts anyone for any reason is a bit of a scumbag. To do it over a disagreement about a football match shows they should probably be in some kind of secure hospital institution.

Especially when it's a fellow Hearts supporter he's ramming the nut on.

It should have been ten

Nothing really to be so smug about it. I've lived abroad on and off for years, doesn't feel that different going to games. Dunno what you're trying to prove.

Bet you're the life and soul of the parties eh

Utter scum?

Aye ok then

:laugh: Really?

You think that calling a guy a scumbag who headbutts fellow Hearts fans at a football game is in some way harsh?

I was the one trying to pull everyone apart.

Family of 5-6 directly in front of me. Boy with an older lad who I assume was his Dad to my left.

Guys in front agree with the linesman, because they saw Isma blocking defender.

A few others disagree and the boy next to me says "is he supposed to stand still...

The lads in front say "shut up" not in an aggressive way...

The pished lad gives it "or what, what are you gonna do".

Lad in front says "more than you'll do" but kind of laughing and not really taking it seriously.

At that point the boy next to me stuck the head on him, not hard, but enough to escalate there situation.

At that point the family below all get a bit pissed off.

Headbutter reailses he's over reacted and been a dick but his Dad is making the situation worse and they don't back down quick enough.

Dad of the family in front wants headbutter kicked out and won't settle for anything less.

Headbutter realised he's in the wrong and the stewards by this point have figured out what has happened, so they both get kicked out.

So basically they called him out for a fight (in an non aggressive way-whatever that means), they got one, shat themselves and then grassed the guy up to the stewards. Class 

Surely at the age of 13 you are still a slightly immature wee boy?

Btw any foul mouthed 13 year olds that go to away/home games are probably just repeating some shouts that come from else where in the stands ??

As for the thread title, fighting amongst our own is obviously embarrassing, probably alcohol related, cant understand why a difference in opinion should lead to this!! This is just an assumption ofcourse.

So basically they called him out for a fight (in an non aggressive way-whatever that means), they got one, shat themselves and then grassed the guy up to the stewards. Class

I don't think anywhere in the story it says they shat themselves.

So nobody got lifted then ?

Headbutter got off lightly imo.

Obviously the later start did play a part with the extra drink consumed.

Why do folks think Old Firm derbies are alway lunch time KOs these days ?

Remember the carnage when they kicked off at tea time to suit Sky TV ?

Shut up. They are totally different things. The GB act like scum on a weekly basis, hardly comparable.

I see our own fans acting like scum every week mate.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Central Belt 1874

No, you have misunderstood BigCs post. The situation was all started by the headbutter. He thought he could mouth off to the guys in front and get away with it. Once he stuck the head on the boy he quickly realised that he was going to get a fight, wasn't going to win it by the looks of it, and sat down and admitted he was in the wrong. Guys in front didn't accept this and forced him to leave. The stewards never took these guys away.

As BigC says, a disagreement over a decision at the football happens often, no big deal, but it escalated so quickly once he tried the head butt. Aggressively threatening fellow Hearts fans, assaulting fellow Hearts fans, all in front of women and young children was well over the top.

Was it offside?.......... just wondering.

Yeah.

Isma was in an offside position.

Cowie played it forward to him and ran on for a one two.

Isma didn't touch the ball because he knew he was off side.

Instead, he blocked the defender so that Cowie could run on to his own pass.

Because Cowie ran on to his own ball, loads of folk were going mental at the decision, but the defender would have easily got there if Isma wasn't blocking him so he was clearly interfering with play.

:laugh: Really?

You think that calling a guy a scumbag who headbutts fellow Hearts fans at a football game is in some way harsh?

Utter scum id reserve for well utter scum.

Id call this one out as wee fud.

Utter scum aye a bit harsh

Were you the guy who did the head butting?

That's the only explanation I can think of for you so obviously and deliberately misunderstanding my post.

Utter scum id reserve for well utter scum.

Id call this one out as wee fud.

Utter scum aye a bit harsh

I don't really see the distinction. Assaulting someone at a football game is certainly scumbag behaviour.

So nobody got lifted then ?

Headbutter got off lightly imo.

I think the reason they left was because they reckoned he'd be less likely to get lifted if he voluntarily walked out the stadium.

To be fair to the family, none of them were asking for him to be arrested and none of them spoke to the police as far as I know.

They weren't looking to press charges or anything, they just wanted him to GTF.

I think the reason they left was because they reckoned he'd be less likely to get lifted if he voluntarily walked out the stadium.

To be fair to the family, none of them were asking for him to be arrested and none of them spoke to the police as far as I know.

They weren't looking to press charges or anything, they just wanted him to GTF.

You're going into way too much detail. Starting to sound a bit made up to me.

I see our own fans acting like scum every week mate.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Are you genuinely comparing the Hearts support with the Green Brigade?

You're going into way too much detail. Starting to sound a bit made up to me.

Aye, me and 100's of other folk in that section all got together and said "let's all make up a story".

I was the one trying to pull everyone apart.

Family of 5-6 directly in front of me. Boy with an older lad who I assume was his Dad to my left.

Guys in front agree with the linesman, because they saw Isma blocking defender.

A few others disagree and the boy next to me says "is he supposed to stand still...

The lads in front say "shut up" not in an aggressive way...

The pished lad gives it "or what, what are you gonna do".

Lad in front says "more than you'll do" but kind of laughing and not really taking it seriously.

At that point the boy next to me stuck the head on him, not hard, but enough to escalate there situation.

At that point the family below all get a bit pissed off.

Headbutter reailses he's over reacted and been a dick but his Dad is making the situation worse and they don't back down quick enough.

Dad of the family in front wants headbutter kicked out and won't settle for anything less.

Headbutter realised he's in the wrong and the stewards by this point have figured out what has happened, so they both get kicked out.

Accurate reflection. At least we can understand how the headbutter behaved that way given he has been brought up by such an excellent role model!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't really see the distinction. Assaulting someone at a football game is certainly scumbag behaviour.

Just think that someone who robs an old dear is utter scum.

Someone puttin the heid on a fellow supporter through a drunkin argument is a fud.

So i stand by the harsh description.

Haha mate come on who cares.

Sounds like it was a handbags heidbut anyway

Sounds like a coming together of the heads and one of the guys has went down like a tonne of bricks looking for a red card.

Guessing some posters struggled with football life in 70's & 80's. Guy acts like a knob and tries to stick one on someone and KB does what KB does best and goes into meltdown. The internet has a lot to answer for in respect of escalating nothing into something.

Archived