'No wonder Craig Levein hates you' Michael Stewart :)

queensferryjambo

queensferryjambo

Just listening to Radio Scotland and had a good chuckle at the commentators bickering and having a laugh with each other.

When Michael Stewart  was arguing with all the other pundits Steven Thompson (I think) came back with a rather stinging retort of 'No wonder Craig Levein hates you'.

No idea if Levein hates Stewart he certainly hasn't said anything publicly about Stewart to my knowledge but either way it was a great put down and very funny from Thompson :) 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just listening to Radio Scotland and had a good chuckle at the commentators bickering and having a laugh with each other.

When Michael Stewart  was arguing with all the other pundits Steven Thompson (I think) came back with a rather stinging retort of 'No wonder Craig Levein hates you'.

No idea if Levein hates Stewart he certainly hasn't said anything publicly about Stewart to my knowledge but either way it was a great put down and very funny from Thompson :)

Its true. They cant stand each other.

queensferryjambo

I know Stewart isn't a fan of Levein as he has voiced this very publicly on many occasions but I don't think I have ever seen or heard any comments from Levein back at him. 

Obviously considering Stewart's comments over the years I doubt Craig sends him a Christmas card.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Stewart needs to give it a ****ing rest.  A lot of what he's said needed to be said but just STFU and let Levein get on with it

Anyone know the script with Gary Mackay and Levein as there's no love lost between the two of them so I believe.

Didn't get on when they played at hearts and it's kind of been that ever since. Said to me 2 weeks ago he's got a lot of respect for Levien though.

The Real Maroonblood

Anyone know the script with Gary Mackay and Levein as there's no love lost between the two of them so I believe.

Yes.

Stewart needs to give it a ******* rest. A lot of what he's said needed to be said but just STFU and let Levein get on with it

Tbf it doesn't sound like he was talking about Levein here.

levein wasnt feeling well on the last day in 1986. said he couldn't play and didn't want to travel either. mackay kinda understood that he wasn't feeling well enough to play, but thought he should of been there showing support to his team mates trying to win the league

Stewart needs to give it a ******* rest. A lot of what he's said needed to be said but just STFU and let Levein get on with it

Hes a complete cretin

Levein can't stand him because he was a lazy up himself primadonna

CL saw through MS as a William Large Testicles

Didn't get on when they played at hearts and it's kind of been that ever since. Said to me 2 weeks ago he's got a lot of respect for Levien though.

His right hook apparently...!

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

levein wasnt feeling well on the last day in 1986. said he couldn't play and didn't want to travel either. mackay kinda understood that he wasn't feeling well enough to play, but thought he should of been there showing support to his team mates trying to win the league

They also had a fall out when Mackay suggested fans boycott games over the pieman/murrayfield situation, Mackay covers it in his autobiography, think if I recall he also tried to smooth things over with CL at a function but they'd both had a few and it didnt go so well

It's only Stewart that publicly has digs though and airs his dislike. Levein keeps a dignified silence. 

Make of that what you will.

Jeffries and Brown can't stand Stewart either. Mind he was hooked at HT in JJ'S first game back away to St Johnstone and was emptied from the club completely.

MacDonald Jardine

Jeffries and Brown can't stand Stewart either. Mind he was hooked at HT in JJ'S first game back away to St Johnstone and was emptied from the club completely.

The way he talks you would think Stewart was an asset for us.

He was absolutely useless.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

When Michael Stewart was arguing with all the other pundits Steven Thompson (I think) came back with a rather stinging retort of 'No wonder Craig Levein hates you'.

The way he talks you would think Stewart was an asset for us.

He was absolutely useless.

Well he wasn't. In fact for a season he was our captain and most influential player.. but don't let that stop your shit/negativity

Levein > Stewart x 1,000,000

Not really a fair comparison.. one of the greatest and naturally gifted centre halves against a very good player who tried his best in every game.. If we are complaining about Hearts players for skill and effort neither of these players should come anywhere near the conversation..

They also had a fall out when Mackay suggested fans boycott games over the pieman/murrayfield situation, Mackay covers it in his autobiography, think if I recall he also tried to smooth things over with CL at a function but they'd both had a few and it didnt go so well

CL suggested SOH took our Pieman protests "outside the stadium" as it was affecting the players. That would've been totally pointless.

CL also suggested that GM should think about the players he represented, such as Graeme Weir, with the subtle suggestion that he might not be able to offer a new contract, etc.

All water under the bridge now.

Soon after Laszlo was appointed, Stewart did an interview with the Record in which he claimed that all his previous managers except Alex Ferguson and Tony Mowbray (!) had been "shite".

Not sure CL hates him. That's pretty strong but MS will have a chip on his shoulder for the rest of his life given he was passed over for Nelson after trying so hard to pursued Anne Budge to bring back Csaba with him as assistant. Believe he thought it was in the bag. I hear sour grapes each time he speaks about Hearts.

tartofmidlothian

:spoton:

tartofmidlothian

I know Stewart isn't a fan of Levein as he has voiced this very publicly on many occasions but I don't think I have ever seen or heard any comments from Levein back at him.

Obviously considering Stewart's comments over the years I doubt Craig sends him a Christmas card.

Also spot on. This is all one way traffic, Levein's not risen to any of it.

Bazzas right boot

Stewart is a good pundit.

CL was a Hearts player for ten years,  +, managed us for 3 seasons, was Scotland manager, then was our Dof and now manages us. At a guess 15 years give or take given to Hearts and counting.

There are plenty of other pundits and managers to dislike, but if you must choose between these two, it should be a very simple choice.

Stewart is a good pundit.

CL was a Hearts player for ten years,  +, managed us for 3 seasons, was Scotland manager, then was our Dof and now manages us. At a guess 15 years give or take given to Hearts and counting.

There are plenty of other pundits and managers to dislike, but if you must choose between these two, it should be a very simple choice.

surely over 20 years

Don't mind MS normally as a radio pundit , but his career was a flop and far short of CL as a footballer and manager.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It should have been ten

Well he wasn't. In fact for a season he was our captain and most influential player.. but don't let that stop your shit/negativity

Not really a fair comparison.. one of the greatest and naturally gifted centre halves against a very good player who tried his best in every game.. If we are complaining about Hearts players for skill and effort neither of these players should come anywhere near the conversation..

Spot on with both points! Some clueless belters on here

Stewart is a better pundit than he was player and captain. His opinions are an utter irrelevance in the grand scheme of things. He's a paid mouth piece. Who gives a shit what he says?

Big Slim Stylee

Stewart was an utterly useless fud at the club - and pretty much everywhere else he went. His estimation of his his own greatness never translated on to the pitch or in any other measurable off-field way. I'm sure his "outspoken pundit opinions" are now having the same effect on every panel he lines up on - they just think he's a twat.

I spoke to JJ about MS and he told me about their falling out. Apparently, they had a bust up at half time in JJ's first match during his second spell, away to St Johnstone. JJ challenged MS to start playing and stop moaning as he spent more time talking about how good a player he is rather than showing it. He then promptly subbed him. MS took the petted lip.

MS played roughly 200 games in his career and was ok but that is about it. Craig Levein on the other hand.....................

If MS was not involved in the media, I bet nobody would even remember him, he was such a non-entity. He talks about former bosses and colleagues in such a disrespectful way that he automatically has zero credibility as he accepts no blame for anything. It's all everyone else's fault in his mind.

As for GM not liking CL, who gives a ****, does anyone on here like every single person that they have ever worked with?

If MS was not involved in the media, I bet nobody would even remember him, he was such a non-entity.

I like to think I would remember him, that clip of him taking a strop, kicking a fire extinguisher then falling over is pretty funny (if you're childish like me).

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Just a question.What was the first game stewart played for us?Was it dundee?

I think that would have been his first competitive game yes. I remember being at that game, we also had a striker called Ramon Pereira (remember him?).

alicante jambo

I think that would have been his first competitive game yes. I remember being at that game, we also had a striker called Ramon Pereira (remember him?).

That night i was at my mates wedding stewart was there he was pished as a fart.

Alwayssunnyingorgie

I mind him he had a mullet and was good in LMA but shite for us.

Used to like Stewart now don't.

Bitter prick.

This. I didn't mind him as a player, thought he was quite a decent pundit but he starting to piss me off with his agenda against Levein and on Sportscene when he constantly shouts down Steven Thompson and talking over him.

MacDonald Jardine

Stewart was an utterly useless fud at the club - and pretty much everywhere else he went. His estimation of his his own greatness never translated on to the pitch or in any other measurable off-field way. I'm sure his "outspoken pundit opinions" are now having the same effect on every panel he lines up on - they just think he's a twat.

Quite but apparently some thought he was immense.

Expert on the subject

Stewart is just trying to make a name for himself as a pundit by stirring up controversy,.the same tactic that Sutton and prior to that Burley used to good effect, but its entirely self serving drivel last Sundays sportscene mock argument with Thompson was cringeworthy, has little original insight in his commentary won't last long

I think you will find that the majority of the team were not feeling well but they all turned up apart from one.

Archived