Those simple things in life

iantjambo

I've just bled all the radiators in the house. There was something oddly satisfying about the hiss of escaping air being replaced by a small jet of water.

Any other simple things that give you some satisfaction?

A clean, pressed pillow-case.

Seeing the wrinkles disappear from an ironed garment is satisfying.

Waking up after a nap and being more mentally alert.

Seeing the wrinkles disappear from an ironed garment is satisfying.

And then putting on a still-warm shirt...bliss. :) 

Lying in your kip and farting, presumably.

Probably pushing your missus head under the covers as well.

:D

Lol. She farts more than me. All that Prosecco!

Lying in your kip and farting, presumably.

Probably pushing your missus head under the covers as well.

:D

Giving your wife the 'Dutch oven' is a joy to behold.

Especially after a night on the beer and curry :sweeet:

The Dutch Oven ??

:wtf:

Och, you know.

The old push her head under the covers, hold it there, fart like a hornblower and keep her there for 30 seconds.

The Dutch oven :verysmug:

Even though I've never been a smoker, there always appeared to be something satisfying about opening the cellophane on a new packet, fishing out that gold paper and taking the first one out.

Then usually dropping it on the ground, the manky bassas, along with the 20 fag ends...sorry, that last bit should be on the seethe thread.

Back on topic and keeping the thread uphill:

Cooking for friends is a feel good factor.

Only made better when you notice everyone loves what you cook and someone asks for my recipe. Serious smug face.

Only made better when you notice everyone loves what you cook and someone asks for my recipe. Serious smug face.

:spoton: Jack

This. Having a shower then getting into a freshly made bed is great.

I would never go to bed after having a shower. I'd be wide awake for ages.

I'm easy pleased me. Love a nap. Love stroking me cat. Love opening the chicken coop and finding a fresh egg. Love a clear star filled sky. Riding me motorbike through a tunnel.

Brushing my wee girls hair. The Mrs normally does it but every once in a while she says she wants her daddy to do it & it makes me feel a million bucks.

Sent from my VFD 600 using Tapatalk

Brushing my wee girls hair. The Mrs normally does it but every once in a while she says she wants her daddy to do it & it makes me feel a million bucks.

On a similar note, i sometimes get asked to paint my daughters finger nails with some bizarre colours of nail varnish. As a perfectionist its defo satisfying to finish and then be told "your so much better than mum at that"

Coming in from work knackered, and the dog goes nuts, running all over the place cos he's glad to see you.

On a similar note, i sometimes get asked to paint my daughters finger nails with some bizarre colours of nail varnish. As a perfectionist its defo satisfying to finish and then be told "your so much better than mum at that"

[emoji38]

A few weeks ago I heard my kids chatting with their cousins, all between 5-9yr olds, they had broken a Lego thing they had made. All I heard was "ask your mum to fix it" then my laddie saying "nah, I'll ask my dad, he can fix everything"

Smug doesn't cover it.

Folding the clothes etc after they have been laundered.

And doing the ironing.

The wife says you got out of the army, but it never got out of you.

The huge fart you let go just before you launch a jobby and then the luxurious long pish. The feeling of relief is almost sexual only the smell spoils the moment.

Giving your wife the 'Dutch oven' is a joy to behold.

Especially after a night on the beer and curry :sweeet:

The Dutch Oven ??

:wtf:

Giving the Mrs a Dutch oven

:yas:

Carl Fredrickson

Doesnt matter how shitty things are, hearing my 2 year old daughter laugh puts all the crap into the background

Today she was squealing with delight running around the garden chasing bubbles (the kind that come out of a bottle, not Michael Jacksons monkey)

Highlight of my weekend

Feckin wierd behaviour from you pair.

The only benefit I can possibly think of is gassing them so that they drift off and then ye can get yer nat.....

:spoton:

That is, of course, the goal.

Doesnt matter how shitty things are, hearing my 2 year old daughter laugh puts all the crap into the background

Today she was squealing with delight running around the garden chasing bubbles (the kind that come out of a bottle, not Michael Jacksons monkey)

Highlight of my weekend

That puts all things into perspective Carl. :thumb:

Jealous of you mate.

Bubbles for me too. There's nothing quite like sipping champagne from a high-heeled shoe. :)

With the owner of said shoe of course.

Coming in from work knackered, and the dog goes nuts, running all over the place cos he's glad to see you.

It's wonderful isn't it. You can have the worst day at work but when you walk in the door, that excitement and unconditional love, it perks you right up.

Big Slim Stylee

It's wonderful isn't it. You can have the worst day at work but when you walk in the door, that excitement and unconditional love, it perks you right up.

One of my dogs is thick as shite and goes mental even if you've only been out for ten minutes. The other one is a bitch :)

Archived