Rangers v Celtic (and other weekend football)

The Internet

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again Liverpool's defence showing why they are competing for 4th and not the title. City, Utd and Chelsea streets ahead at the back. Think Klopp is great but bewildering how he's not sorted this shambles out!

The goalkeeper got the ball and still the ref gave the penalty...great save from the penalty

This referee must be in the same golf club as Vardey

The goalkeeper got the ball and still the ref gave the penalty...great save from the penalty

This referee must be in the same golf club as Vardey

You think?

Looked a stonewaller to me.

You think?

Looked a stonewaller to me.

Vardey missed the ball, the goalkeeper got a touch (not as good as he should have though) and his follow through meant he hit Vardey.

Had the goalkeeper not touched the ball I might agree but he did and that's why it was not a penalty

You see players tackling each other and getting to the ball first then making contact with a player all the time

I think the fact you seem to respond to any criticism of rangers with whatabout celtic, makes you sound like one of them.

I'll give you a demonstration of how a regular hearts fan responds;

Rangers singing bigoted songs = what a bunch of scumbag neanderthals.

Celtic singing bigotes songs = what a bunch of scumbag neanderthals.

You don't need to mention the other to criticise one.

:greatpost:

alwaysthereinspirit

So you prefer Celtic to win rather than Rangers stopping their long unbeaten run?

A more telling question is why you wouldn't want Newco to lose. Just weird were as early as September the league is pretty much won already.

What a stupid explanation of the penalty from Graham Poll on BT sport

He tells us that if the goalkeeper had made full contact and then the follow through was as happened it would just have been one of those things but because he only touched the ball it was a penalty..absolute rubbish..if he touched the ball what does it matter if it was a little or a lot ?

Klopp rightly pointing out that Vardey made contact with the player not the other way round to get the free kick that led to Leicesters first...also pointing the poor refereeing performance in shall we say a Klopp like manner

I am a born and bred Heart of Midlothian supporter, in 1998 I married an older woman and got 3 stepsons one of whom now has 2 children. I watched the game today with my granddaughter who was wearing her Rangers strip . I wanted them to win for her . OK ????

I am a born and bred Heart of Midlothian supporter, in 1998 I married an older woman and got 3 stepsons one of whom now has 2 children. I watched the game today with my granddaughter who was wearing her Rangers strip . I wanted them to win for her . OK ????

You should not have to justify yourself to those posters who are simply out to stir matters......it is them that have a problem not you

This nonsense about feeling more attached to one half of the old firm than the other is just so sad ..we all, I hope, like a laugh now and then but some comments are made to get a reaction.

5 or 6-0 would have been a fair score in the Celtic game and I see the Sevco manager is deflecting onto a fictitious so called elbow in the face by Scott Brown. Rangers 5th in league maybe 6th tomorrow.

A more telling question is why you wouldn't want Newco to lose. Just weird were as early as September the league is pretty much won already.

100%

We're not competing with Celtic. People being flexible is healthy. Others can stick with their 'principles' if they like.

Torino down to 10 men and there can be no complaints..what the player was doing only he knows..launching himself  chest height into a challenge...given he had been booked earlier he has no excuse

I wanted Rangers to win because: I hate Celtic far, far more; they are becoming unbelievably arrogant as "the invincibles" and need taken down a peg or two; and the season is long and I believe we can finish higher than Rangers at the end of it, regardless of them winning one match.

I dont doubt I will be (yet again) be called a Hun, Rangers sympathiser etc etc but that is where I was with todays OF match.

5 or 6-0 would have been a fair score in the Celtic game and I see the Sevco manager is deflecting onto a fictitious so called elbow in the face by Scott Brown. Rangers 5th in league maybe 6th tomorrow.

Yeah, "Broony" is an easy target for them and he has, once again, been the victim of lie spreading. How he copes with being unfairly criticised week after week (remember the ridiculous comments following his clearly fair challenge at Hamilton?) is beyond me. Great to see Leigh score, too?

Robbo's ICT? Why is that pleasing?

Because I don't like them and I don't care if Robertson is their manager.

3rd bottom and 5 points adrift from the rest.

:pleasing:

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

I wanted Rangers to win because: I hate Celtic far, far more; they are becoming unbelievably arrogant as "the invincibles" and need taken down a peg or two; and the season is long and I believe we can finish higher than Rangers at the end of it, regardless of them winning one match.

I dont doubt I will be (yet again) be called a Hun, Rangers sympathiser etc etc but that is where I was with todays OF match.

You don't mind Rangers though. That's a lot different from disliking them. Is there really a die hard jambo out there who wanted this season's rivals to gain 3 points?

The fact is if it were Rangers who were flying you would want Celtic to lose. You certainly wouldn't want Rangers taken down a peg or two.

You like Rangers so I don't mind. It's the people who pretend our rivals winning doesn?t matter. That's moronic no matter which way anyone spins it.

You don't mind Rangers though. That's a lot different from disliking them. Is there really a die hard jambo out there who wanted this season's rivals to gain 3 points?

The fact is if it were Rangers who were flying you would want Celtic to lose. You certainly wouldn't want Rangers taken down a peg or two.

You like Rangers so I don't mind. It's the people who pretend our rivals winning doesn?t matter. That's moronic no matter which way anyone spins it.

I hate Celtic far more than I "like" Rangers ("dont mind" would be a better description).

They do need taken down a peg or two and I would celebrate any club doing just that, apart from Hibs.

As said mate, you should not be attacked for supporting your granddaughter on her day out... Its football. Good on you getting the kids to the games..

Again Liverpool's defence showing why they are competing for 4th and not the title. City, Utd and Chelsea streets ahead at the back. Think Klopp is great but bewildering how he's not sorted this shambles out!

Agree, hard to dislike Klippidy...but the Manchester and Chelsea clubs have more playmakers and scorers...

Sunderland finding the Championship difficult

There are 6 or 7 clubs in the championship, not far of the bottom 8 in the premier....... The levels of dosh means you could invest tens of millions to go up...

Also after relagation Sunderland are seen as losers....

There are 6 or 7 clubs in the championship, not far of the bottom 8 in the premier....... The levels of dosh means you could invest tens of millions to go up...

Also after relagation Sunderland are seen as losers....

Yeah

Some find it hard to shift the habit of losing

Inverness too

I didn't really care who won today...Celtic will win the league. I thought mccrorie, the young rangers lad was good. I will be wanting Celtic to win the European game, as I would any Scottish team..

I am also guilty of wanting Scotland to win....and loved the thumbs free kicks...

I didn't really care who won today...Celtic will win the league. I thought mccrorie, the young rangers lad was good. I will be wanting Celtic to win the European game, as I would any Scottish team..

I am also guilty of wanting Scotland to win....and loved the thumbs free kicks...

I also support all Scottish teams in Europe, other than Hibs and Celtic.

Of course I want Scotland to win!! There arent many people more proud of being Scottish than me, and I LOVED his free kicks against England. I went back to seeing him as the racist, thick, piece of scum that he really is pretty soon after, though.

You ARE a rangers sympathiser though. That's not a dig, you've said as much yourself, that lots of your family are rangers and you have leanings that way yourself because of that.

It is what it is, I get that Hearts are your team, but you want the rangers to beat Celtic because you like the rangers more than celtic.

Yeah, "Broony" is an easy target for them and he has, once again, been the victim of lie spreading. How he copes with being unfairly criticised week after week (remember the ridiculous comments following his clearly fair challenge at Hamilton?) is beyond me. Great to see Leigh score, too?

Griffiths played well

Didn't see Brown do anything wrong today

Couple of the Rangers players were cheating making more out of tackles

A new thing for Rangers

A question for some perhaps

Are Celtic that good that they totally dominated

Or did Rangers weaknesses flatter them

I thought Celtic played within themselves and still won with ease, the fact is that Celtic are so far ahead of them it's not really a competitive derby anymore, you might think I'm trying to take the piss out of Rangers here but the reality is they're miles behind. Rangers battle is with us, Aberdeen, Hibs etc. They can forget getting near Celtic just like the rest of us.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

I rip into both without fear or favour.

Rangers are staggering at the moment so them repeatedly getting punched in the face is a joy to behold.

Not much fun Celtic getting beat, a day later their fans wouldn't care less. They'd still be miles ahead.

They've lauded it over everyone for decades and now some are saying we shouldn't take joy from it?

Away and throw shit at yourself.

Bazzas right boot

He's a dirty *******.

Dunno how he gets away with it.

They strolled that game , sad how much they are ahead of the rest of the teams . Another season of nominees challenging them for the league . Have to be odds on for the treble , unless the CL takes a lot out of them !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish people would stop calling it an old firm game cos it ain't its sellick v a new club,a club who like us will have to fight for the scraps that sellick leave on the table,anyway back to the game the score shouldc have been 6-2 to sellick the only thing that casxhino has brought to that new club are the diving theatrics' of Latin americans they are a very average new club with a not so new brand of football oh and they got dorrans 5 years too late

Celtic are irrelevant, any Hearts fan that thinks we even have the possibility of winning the league this year needs their head examined.

2nd is a possibility and would be a fantastic achievement in itself.

Second place isn't a possibility either with our squad

Scott Brown pretty much sums up the level in this country, the guy is average at best yet he is allowed to boss games up here all day long. I say allowed because nobody seems willing to play him at his own game, yes while he is practically refereeing the game there are ways of getting to that guy.

alicante jambo

You should not have to justify yourself to those posters who are simply out to stir matters......it is them that have a problem not you

This nonsense about feeling more attached to one half of the old firm than the other is just so sad ..we all, I hope, like a laugh now and then but some comments are made to get a reaction.

Well said.I wanted sevco beat as i reckon we have a chance of finishing 2nd but no way could we win.the league.Best of the rest would be a good season.

Bit rich coming from a guy who just slavers constantly about Liverpool.

This is a test for Aberdeen today after a stuttering run. Keeping the fantasy of being close to Celtic needs a win. But not winning there will be questions about their new team.

Motherwell go above Rangers if win.

Brighton v Newcastle 4pm could be good.

Kinda want Celtic to beat everyone as I want it to be us who ruins the unbeaten streak

And we call folk mini huns on here? There's far more mini mhanks imo. Far more.

Archived