IOS 11

3fingersreid

Just downloaded this onto my phone , it?s knocking the shit out of the phone battery .

Anyone noticed this and any solutions ?

Folk still surprised at this.. New ios updates **** the battery life and performamce of old phones.. It's deliberate.. So you buy a new one

How do you stop it downloading automatically?

hi mate I think after a while your phone will start prompting you to update and you can cancel it there,word of caution after a while it will get impatient with you and prompt you all the time [emoji23] hope this helps [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Using it on my iPad Pro and loving it

Especially love the new split screen and the ability to use folders to keep work in.

Not so keen on the ugly fat fonts!

Brian Whittaker's Tache

I think my iphone battery like has improved.

It seemed to last hee haw time after I starting using an apple watch

Just downloaded this onto my phone , it?s knocking the shit out of the phone battery .

Anyone noticed this and any solutions ?

Check that your settings don?t now have WiFi, Personal Hotspot, or Bluetooth, continually switched on and draining your battery - I had to go back into settings and switch them off.

Since then I?d say there?s no difference in my battery. :thumb:

Apparantly some older apps will stop working.

Only if the App Developer hasn?t upgraded them from 32bit to 64bit sometime over the last year - so basically just likely to be any unsupported Apps.

....New ios updates **** the battery life and performamce of old phones.. It's deliberate.. So you buy a new one

Not quite correct, but batteries are only designed and built to last a couple of years - so you?ll then upgrade your phone as you?ve got frustrated that it won?t hold a charge....

....or you?ll sort that by just getting a new battery if your handset?s still okay.

:thumb:

The fact that turning off WiFi from the menu you swipe up at the bottom doesn?t really turn it off is very ****ing annoying.

I do it when leaving the house as I don?t want to connect to the useless Lothian transport when sitting on or passing a bus...but now it just automatically reconnects to any new connection (unless I go into the settings and switch off).

Using it on my iPad Pro and loving it

Especially love the new split screen and the ability to use folders to keep work in.

Not so keen on the ugly fat fonts!

Those are new things? It's 2017!

Check that your settings don?t now have WiFi, Personal Hotspot, or Bluetooth, continually switched on and draining your battery - I had to go back into settings and switch them off.

Since then I?d say there?s no difference in my battery. :thumb:

Seems to be settling down now but I did find that the Bluetooth seemed to be switching on automatically for some strange reason .

marshallschunkychicken

I?ve had it for the past couple of months through the public beta. I?ve had a couple of updates on the beta where the battery was absolutely pummelled, but the official release has been okay for me.

I think it?s a bit of luck of the draw whether it affects you - try a restore and it may sort it.

Seems to be settling down now but I did find that the Bluetooth seemed to be switching on automatically for some strange reason .

If you were in the habit (as I was) of swiping up to then switch off WiFi and/or Bluetooth, that no longer works the same.

Doing that now just disconnects them, so they?ll keep trying to reconnect, and keep eating battery power, which is no good.

To actually turn them off you now have to go into settings, and do it from there, which is a pain.

If you were in the habit (as I was) of swiping up to then switch off WiFi and/or Bluetooth, that no longer works the same.

Doing that now just disconnects them, so they?ll keep trying to reconnect, and keep eating battery power, which is no good.

To actually turn them off you now have to go into settings, and do it from there, which is a pain.

Yeah, that?s what I was posting about above. ****ing annoying.

Yeah, that?s what I was posting about above. ******* annoying.

Some sites and pages suggesting it?s a glitch, and should be resolved in 11.01

It?s not that big a deal really, but as you say, it?s a bloody nuisance, so hopefully it will get ?sorted?.

My phone now looks and feels like it did 3/4 years ago. Blinded by science yet again, genuinely feel the basic everyday use of apple products is going backwards (unless you have very specific uses for stuff).

The phones inbuilt pedometer seems to have an issue with IOS 11, as suddenly my house is roughly 700 steps closer to the bus stop than it used to be. :rolleyes:

Not a major issue for me, but not great for anyone relying on it for training or monitoring their fitness. :meh:

....and that?s IOS 11.01 out now, will need to download it later. :thumb:

Just ironing out some teething problems? My battery seems to be back to what it was thanks to your help ,they better not bugger it up again :)

Does the waterproof feature work with this version?

That was a genuine laugh out loud moment when I read that last time, and I?d love to know just how many hundreds (thousands?) of idiots feked their new shiny phone trying it..!

:D

Does the waterproof feature work with this version?

And can you still recharge the battery by shoving your phone in the microwave for a minute?

Yeah, ta. I hoped the 11.01 release would fix the issue but it?s still there. It was handy being able to swipe up and turn off WiFi when I left the house. Now it tries to automatically connect to buses etc when I do that. Irritating.

Archived