**Official Partick Thistle v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread**

Psychedelicropcircle

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you could well be close.

Don't know if it'll be Cowie or Buaben that replaces Djoum though.

In which case I'll never have been happier to see Cowie's name in the starting 11!!

7 points out of 9 will do nicely.

120 minutes from Partick during the week - as the game goes on that will hopefully start to show.

2-0 Hearts.

He's still suspended according to the BBC match preview so he's probably available.

I'm the metro yesterday it said he was back as only banned one game and that was against rangers midweek.

Hopefully he's still out as is a good player...others on here could tell me if it's a two game ban for the tackle and sending off

Erskine suspended is good news. Sure I read somewhere he has one of the best chance conversion rates in the league.

It is good news, he usually causes us problems

The Future's Maroon

Hopefully another three points on the board today, would be another big result if we can get a win (like any of these away games until our return home).

Hopefully Partick raised their game against Rangers and will be tired and less motivated tomorrow.

I'm optimistic we can win - 2-0 or 2-1.  Walker and Goncalves.

If other results go our way, we could be joint third by the end of the day - and even above Rangers if Celtic beat them by 5 or 6.

Agree with your first point.

All teams playing the Glasgow giants push themselves more on their home ground including ourselves.

Hopefully Partick drop their intensity against us today,gives us a decent chance of claiming the points.

Agree with your first point.

All teams playing the Glasgow giants push themselves more on their home ground including ourselves.

Hopefully Partick drop their intensity against us today,gives us a decent chance of claiming the points.

Partick have played really well in both games against Sevco, but history suggests that they can't produce that intensity 3 games in a row.

portobellojambo1

1-2

Another gritty performance.

That is all we have to do, compete. The game last week wasn't a great performance, but we did what we needed to do to get all 3 points. That is all we need to do again, enough to keep us moving forward. Fortunately the present manager realises this as well, we are developing a good defensive set up, Walker is looking more like his old self, and today doesn't have to be pretty. Any sort of win today will do as it will also build more confidence.

Another 1-2 prediction here, we have had some good results v Partick but they are capable of some decent football and Archibald will have them battling for the points today.

Nelly Terraces

Barring the 2 Fester Rd debacles this is the 1st away game for me since the Div 1 season.

A game we should certainly be looking to get 3 points from here - hopefully CL gets them fired up - no basking in the glory of last week, maximum effort only please Hearts.

A huge opportunity today, not only to level our total number of away wins for last season, but also a chance to go level on points with third place... Despite having played 6 of our 7 matches away from home.

alicante jambo

A huge opportunity today, not only to level our total number of away wins for last season, but also a chance to go level on points with third place... Despite having played 6 of our 7 matches away from home.

This 100%.

You?re spot on. Despite Partick?s position they have been playing well so a win today would be fantastic.

Never knew that away win fact. Shows you how embarrassing things were last season

A win today would certainly add to the creeping positivity that has engulfed JKB. Some posters made redundant. Mon the Hearts! A heard fought 2-1 for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bazzas right boot

A win today would certainly add to the creeping positivity that has engulfed JKB. Some posters made redundant. Mon the Hearts! A heard fought 2-1 for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yip, however a defeat and said posters will somehow have more time on Thier hands.

Bazzas right boot

Would really set us up nicely.

Patrick are there for the taking today.

Poor run, hard game in mid week, key players missing. We should be looking to take control of the game from the start.

Partick are shite, league position doesn't lie. They upped their game against an awful Rangers team and still couldn't beat them.

0-4 pumping

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

1-3 Hearts (Lafferty (pen), Isma, Malinkovic)

MacLoughlin

Souttar            Berra

Smith

Callachan             Smith-Brown

Randall

Malinkovic

Walker

Lafferty

Isma

Subs:  Hamilton, Hughes, Grzelak, Cowie, Cochrane, Stockton, Moore

Djoum is injured I think, and I'd rather have the likes of Cochrane and Moore on the bench over Bauben and Martin.

Oh gloomy old me!

Despite being the eternal optimist, Partick haven't won at home, stretching back into last season.

Hearts have made a habit of solving other teams problems in the past! 

I hope the change in our club extends to not giving another club their first win in ages.

1-3 Hearts (Lafferty (pen), Isma, Malinkovic)

MacLoughlin

Souttar Berra

Smith

Callachan Smith-Brown

Randall

Malinkovic

Walker

Lafferty

Isma

Subs: Hamilton, Hughes, Grzelak, Cowie, Cochrane, Stockton, Moore

Djoum is injured I think, and I'd rather have the likes of Cochrane and Moore on the bench over Bauben and Martin.

That's the team I'd want to play. Think he'll go for Prince though

All roads lead to Gorgie

Similar to Hamilton but this time we will get a late second to ease the nerves. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

En route to the Weedge now. Son in tow for his first game since 2007. You barstewards that can go every week don't know how lucky you are!

COME ON THE HEARTS!

En route to the Weedge now. Son in tow for his first game since 2007. You barstewards that can go every week don't know how lucky you are!

COME ON THE HEARTS!

Enjoy Geoff, hope the wee dude has a great day out. :thumbsup:

Play as we did for the majority of the game against Aberdeen and we can win this match.........play as we did against Hamilton and the best we'll get is a draw

However they did have extra time in mid week and that might well help us.

We do not score enough goals so whilst we look more solid a mistake at the back and we could struggle.

At least there will be a decent pitch to perform on so no excuses on that front.

1-1  but if we can play on the front foot we could just sneak it late on

Jambof3tornado

Remaining tickets will be sold today from a booth to the right hand end of away stand.

Be early to avoid disappointment.

Unless you are a PHM and have your ticket already!!

i wish jj was my dad

Team guess.

-----------McLaughlin

------Souttar Berra Hughes

Smith Callachan Cowie Smith-Brown

--------------Walker

-------Goncalves Lafferty

That will do me.  C,mon the Hearts

Remaining tickets will be sold today from a booth to the right hand end of away stand.

Be early to avoid disappointment.

Unless you are a PHM and have your ticket already!!

Had to sit in the home end last time I was at Partick due to this :lol:

MacDonald Jardine

Never knew that away win fact. Shows you how embarrassing things were last season

Doesn't it just.

And that wasn't just Cathro.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

MacDonald Jardine

COME ON THE HEARTS!

To be fair you've been lucky being in Australia for the last year. [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Sorry, I know this will have been covered and I missed it, but why the 4pm ko?

Best explanation i read was a MENSA meeting nearby

Archived