**Official Partick Thistle v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread**

Psychedelicropcircle

2 points dropped against bottom 6 dross. We are still a long way off challenging Aberdeen and Rangers.

We're two points behind Rangers.

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're two points behind Rangers.

I will stick my neck out and say Rangers will finish above us this season. By at least 5-10 points.

I will stick my neck out and say Rangers will finish above us this season. By at least 5-10 points.

That team of 50% latinos will do **** all between November and February.

Another one who thinks everything is straightforward. We've not played at Tynecastle! This will be a difficult and unusual season.

Was there today and a hard point gained. To all the roasters that say we're bad get a grip. We've not been at home yet ffs. We're getting over the abomination that was Cathro. That game today would of been a win with Lafferty with the balls going into their box. Get a feeling the complainers are keyboard warriors. We have our fight and passion back and once we're back at home for 8 games straight we will shoot up that league.

There's no easy away games in this league unless your Celtic. It's really not hard to see that - unless you don't go of course

What an optimist you are. Do you open your curtains ?

Bazzas right boot

2 points dropped against bottom 6 dross. We are still a long way off challenging Aberdeen and Rangers.

they were top 6 six

Bazzas right boot

They could do, and that would be an improvement on last year.

However , atm they are catchable.

Ranger drew with said team twice in the past week, hibs beat them at home and we drew at Ibrox.  No need for the negativity.

No reason whe we can't finish above rangers, however Rangers will also feel the same way about us and Aberdeen.

Too many, too eager to file in behind the OF and kiss their ass for my liking.

It's up for grabs.

A decent point in the end, we didn't play well, milinkovic gave us a bit of a spark when he came on, isma CANNOT play up on his own, especially if we haven't got runners, on the few occasions he did hold up the ball he had very little options.

I get us playing a back 5 away to the likes of rangers, Celtic and Aberdeen, not sure I agree with it against anyone other teams.

It was that old cliche a game of two halves. They dominated the first and got the goal they merited, we dominated the second and got the goal we merited.

alicante jambo

We should be happy with the point considering how bad we have been.We don't have the players to guarantee wins away to so called smaller teams.Once we get back to tynie the loints will start adding to the table but right now a draw away to anyone will suit me.

Folk are being harsh on Isma. He is not a target man, that much is certain. He did okay playing in a role that was thankless.

What an optimist you are. Do you open your curtains ?

Just being honest mate, the group of players we have at the moment is pretty average. No point in expecting too much from them. They got pumped out the League Cup by the likes of Peterhead.

they were top 6 six

Might have been last year, but they aren't this year. Haven't won a league game in what, 13 is it?. Let's not pretend we were up against a top side.

Just being honest mate, the group of players we have at the moment is pretty average. No point in expecting too much from them. They got pumped out the League Cup by the likes of Peterhead.

Not biting

Might have been last year, but they aren't this year. Haven't won a league game in what, 13 is it?. Let's not pretend we were up against a top side.

Nobody is

Nobody is

You were insinuating they were a top 6 side and that I was downplaying the standard of our opposition yesterday. I was providing some context.

portobellojambo1

Think we could have come away with all 3 points if we had approached that game differently, but in the end it hopefully acts as a good learning point. We have never been able to play with one man up front since Kevin Kyle dropped out of the team, and it again showed very prominently today. We should have started as we did last weekend, with two up front, and looked to build a lead and force them to open up, opening up the game as well. In addition, we now know who should be playing in the left back position, and it most certainly isn't Grzelak, at best he is a back up squad player. Even late on we ended up having to take Jamie out of his midfield role and put him up front as we went more offensive. Ended up with 1 point, which is all we deserved come the end of the match, but we won't be the only team who will drop points through there. Put what we learned yesterday into force next week at Dundee, and we will hopefully get back on track.

You were insinuating they were a top 6 side and that I was downplaying the standard of our opposition yesterday. I was providing some context.

Top 6 not a top side - which would be top 3 or 4 - they have also been playing well as Levein has said but haven't had the best of luck

Anyway nobody is jumping up and down with chuffedness

August Landmesser

I'm encouraged by Levein's comments. He's basically admitting a needs must short term approach whilst at the same time giving a nod to the support that he understands we have to become much much better under his watch. He knows the expectation is for better than that today and I'm confident he'll weed out some of the gash that unfortunately we still have on our squad. He will know we are still well short in certain areas which was very obvious today. We barely deserved a point today but I'm pleased at Levein's sensible calm approach so far. Things will improve with him at the helm. I hope the Serb will get a start next week as to me he could help with our worrying but unsurprising lack of creativity in the midfield. We clearly can ill afford to be without Lafferty for long either given our poor options up front!

You do know 'the Serb' is French right?

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk

Folk are being harsh on Isma. He is not a target man, that much is certain. He did okay playing in a role that was thankless.

He was own his own against Aberdeen and was outstanding.

Worked hard yesterday but nothing came off for him.

Ive got to be honest here mitch but Ive got no idea what it is you're actually ranting about.

I'm not all that convinced you know either.

To be honest my wee pal you could be right. I was in hospitality yesterday and with the free bevvy and fab food i was in great spirits until the game started. I find it so frustrating that we play in a style that is all about NOT LOSING.

One man up front isolated isn't my idea of a Hearts team playing Partick Thistle. A player like Randell in midfield says it all for me about negative tactics. I don't know about you "been here before" but i just want a better job done by tradesman Levein with the tools he has at his disposal.

To be honest my wee pal you could be right. I was in hospitality yesterday and with the free bevvy and fab food i was in great spirits until the game started. I find it so frustrating that we play in a style that is all about NOT LOSING.

One man up front isolated isn't my idea of a Hearts team playing Partick Thistle. A player like Randell in midfield says it all for me about negative tactics. I don't know about you "been here before" but i just want a better job done by tradesman Levein with the tools he has at his disposal.

Harsh on Randall. Here he played well

That's true. So many times yesterday he had the ball and was the most advanced player, but had his back to the monsters in the Thistle defence and nobody was close enough to him, so he was forced to try and do it himself. Walker was usually the closest player about seven yards away.

The same bottom 6 dross said Rangers dropped 2 points against a week past Friday.

I find Isma a very frustrating player. He was good against Aberdeen but has followed it up with two less than good games. Yesterday, however, he got next to no help.

A point was probably what we deserved. McLaughlin had three howlers and we were fortunate only one resulted in a goal. A game we would have lost under Cathro.

We obviously wouldn't have played with one up top If Laff never took a knock

True. Unfortunately we do not have any other strikers in the squad either.

The same bottom 6 dross said Rangers dropped 2 points against a week past Friday.

and the same dross that celtic struggled to a 1-0 win over, and which thistle should have had a late penalty 

So many people keep saying we played with 5 at the back.i would also say it's a 3 at the back. This can be a really positive formation or negative formation.seems to depend on each persons view. The problem for me is how much we rely on our two wingbacks going forward and a true target man. Smith has been ok on the right but left has been a problem again.isma is no target man. And we looked most likely in the match to lose a goal late on when we went 4 at the back by the way. The goal aside, I thought we looked comfortable at the back. The goalkeeper should have saved it but to his credit went on to have a good game.

Maybe a problem with your reading skills then?

Is it a positive that we only take 1 point away to Patrick Thistle?

Given that we?re still learning from our bad habits and that we were one down most of the match I?d say it was positive. We would have lost that game with Cathro or Daly in the dugout. At least we showed some fight and urgency.

Partick are a top 6 side playing for similar table positions as us. To think winning games like this away from home is a cake walk shows arrogance imo.

Decent point away from home without playing well, we have 8 points on our travels already this season.  Given we only got 14 all of last season on the road i'm positive for the season.  

ToadKiller Dog

We are a repair job at the moment, which means we will be up and down for a while but will improve as games go buy.

Also clear out side of celtic every team is capable of taking points off each other.

Even much vaunted Aberdeen ain't great.

I am OK with a point at this stage at Partick, if it comes round to a 2nd trip to firhill (hopefully not as it would mean bottom 6,) Then a draw won't be a decent result.

yabadabadoo1874again

Yesterday was not a day for passengers...

If Lafferty had played we would have 100% lost...

Isma worked and worked and worked...

Levein observed and made the changes at the correct tempo and importantly held his nerve...

Thistle are a very well run energetic outfit...

Happy at the outcome of a fairly entertaining game...

Finally pricing spot on by Thistle and good to spend there and support team who supported us

Gambo

On 3 games so far under Levein we have

1. Outplayed by far the 2nd best team in the league

2. Outbattled and beaten a team away from home

that has nearly always out battled us at their patch.

3. Come back from an horrendous goalie mistake away from home to score a late equaliser despite not playing our best and having our best striker injured

GIVE THE GUY A ****ING BREAK FFS

Yesterday was not a day for passengers...

If Lafferty had played we would have 100% lost...

Isma worked and worked and worked...

Levein observed and made the changes at the correct tempo and importantly held his nerve...

Thistle are a very well run energetic outfit...

Happy at the outcome of a fairly entertaining game...

Finally pricing spot on by Thistle and good to spend there and support team who supported us

Lafferty at Hamilton was one of our top performers for effort.. Never stopped closing down.

Gambo

On 3 games so far under Levein we have

1. Outplayed by far the 2nd best team in the league

2. Outbattled and beaten a team away from home

that has nearly always out battled us at their patch.

3. Come back from an horrendous goalie mistake away from home to score a late equaliser despite not playing our best and having our best striker injured

GIVE THE GUY A ******* BREAK FFS

You are the only one who has brought Levein in to it.

Don't know what you are on about tbh.

You are the only one who has brought Levein in to it.

Don't know what you are on about tbh.

Yesterday was a good result. Partick finished top 6 last season. They gave Celtic a real fright, drew with Rangers over 90 minutes twice last week and also lost narrowly to Aberdeen. They have a pretty good Scottish Premiership team and are very much in a false position.

It's baby steps in our post Cathro recovery, but a draw away to this Thistle side is far from a bad result.

Ok Gambo

Yeah you're clueless

As I have said, you brought Levein to this thread, I have never mentioned him so please explain your previous post.

I have not said one bad word against Levein since his appointment.

So explain yourself or do us all a favour and stop posting shite for the sake of it.

Yesterday was a good result. Partick finished top 6 last season. They gave Celtic a real fright, drew with Rangers over 90 minutes twice last week and also lost narrowly to Aberdeen. They have a pretty good Scottish Premiership team and are very much in a false position.

It's baby steps in our post Cathro recovery, but a draw away to this Thistle side is far from a bad result.

A draw at Patrick Thistle should never be looked upon as a good result for any Heart of Midlothian fan, never.

It happens, yes, like it did yesterday as that is football but should never be classed as a good point.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

A draw at Patrick Thistle should never be looked upon as a good result for any Heart of Midlothian fan, never.

It happens, yes, like it did yesterday as that is football but should never be classed as a good point.

Have you watched us play away games for the past few years? We hardly win or draw any.

Archived