One for the anti-PC bridgade (NHC)

Dusk_Till_Dawn

'There'll be blue birds over the ----- cliffs of Dover'

'Nights in ----- Satin'

Fecking ridiculous, some folks are too precious for their own good nowadays.

Christ knows how it will affect the Ibrox hymn sheet?

'There'll be blue birds over the ----- cliffs of Dover'

'Nights in ----- Satin'

Fecking ridiculous, some folks are too precious for their own good nowadays.

Get someone to sing them at the MOBO's

So nobody has any examples of things they'd like to say but are no longer allowed to say?

I know loads but I'm not allowed to say.

Is political correctness not the term for when Do-good-ery has gotten excessive?  On Twitter I believe it is termed "professional outrage". Basic morality is fine and this is what you are supporting I believe. However, when people start taking offence on behalf of, and preemptively defend, those whom they deem to be a minority and, thus, one must assume, people who are unwilling or incapable of defending themselves - then that strikes me as patronising. 

I don't believe what the FA did was PC - it was simply an attempt to avoid a greater problem. In essence, they were attempting to fend off, not join or assuage the "PC brigade"... 

Generally 'political correctness' tends to mean 'not being a *****'.

Generally 'political correctness' tends to mean 'not being a *****'.

Except that it doesn't. It generally means dying to be an easily offended, virtue signalling twat.

Soon you won't be able to get a White or Black Pudding supper at the chippie.

PC gone mad.

Is brown sauce still acceptable?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

So nobody has any examples of things they'd like to say but are no longer allowed to say?

Walked past two homosexuals yesterday and was ticked off for calling them crafty butchers.

Sick of this country.

Walked past two homosexuals yesterday and was ticked off for calling them crafty butchers.

Sick of this country.

Did you enjoyed being "ticked off"?

I've noticed that people are scared of the words Jew and Jewish. As soon as they're mentioned, people start to get nervous, regardless of context.

This kind of nonsense won Trump the USA election. People just got fed up.

Exactly.

Those who complain about Trump are the same people that got him elected in the first place.

MacDonald Jardine

'Common decency' is not how I would have described the responses of Rotherham and Rochdale authorities when they dismissed the complaints of gang rape by teen girls as those made up by vengeful, racist slags - those same girls who had been covered in petrol to deter them from reporting it.

Stuff like this is the thin end of the wedge. Like racism, it can be very dangerous when it becomes the unquestioned and unthinking standard across society.

That's dereliction of duty not political correctness.

Nobody can defend that but let's not kid on we live in a society where Muslims can't be criticised.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

MacDonald Jardine

I dare say that I'm not the only child of the 70s who still asks for a Black Man at the ice-cream van?

You might be the only child of the 70s who still runs for the ice cream van.

MacDonald Jardine

Except that it doesn't. It generally means dying to be an easily offended, virtue signalling twat.

Bollocks it does.

Virtue signalling? That's the laziest and most lame new attempt at an insult. Like demonstrating an interest in common decency and fairness is somehow a bad thing. It probably says a lot more about those who use the term than those they direct it at tbf.

Nobody's dying to be offended. Pointing out an example of racism doesn't necessarily mean that anyone has taken offence either. The two don't necessarily go hand in hand.

Riddley Walker

Nobody can defend that but let's not kid on we live in a society where Muslims can't be criticised.

I agree with this. The policeman who made the "scared to be seen as racist" comment in relation to Rotherham is obviously completely unfit for the job, and the comment was a lazy excuse for a terrible **** up. Nobody has any problem with arresting Muslims for rape ffs.

You might be the only child of the 70s who still runs for the ice cream van.

Sometimes it's required when you have two children wanting ice-cream.

That's completely untrue. The pattern of girls not being believed by the police or the social workers not being listened to by council authorities cos of fear of stoking racism has been repeatedly documented.

Anne Chryer the MP for Keighley made this abundantly clear

The Jay Report on Rotherham makes this clear

The Casey Report makes this clear

Sarah Champion MP made this clear and has just been sacked by Corbyn for daring to state the inconvenient yet obvious truth.

Lord Macdonald former crown prosecution chief made this clear though he thinks the culture of authorities and police ignoring girls or soft pedalling investigation has changed with Newcastle.

Virtue signalling? That's the laziest and most lame new attempt at an insult. Like demonstrating an interest in common decency and fairness is somehow a bad thing. It probably says a lot more about those who use the term than those they direct it at tbf.

Nobody's dying to be offended. Pointing out an example of racism doesn't necessarily mean that anyone has taken offence either. The two don't necessarily go hand in hand.

Surely if people weren't dying to be offended or the FA didn't think people were dying to be offended then it would'nt be deemed necessary to ban a perfectly innocent banner and we wouldn't even be talking about this?

Surely if people weren't dying to be offended or the FA didn't think people were dying to be offended then it would'nt be deemed necessary to ban a perfectly innocent banner and we wouldn't even be talking about this?

I don't think it was about offence. As others have pointed out on this thread it's pretty likely to have been about diluting focus or moving attention from other race related issues. A PR or damage limitation exercise. Stupid, and awkward, but kind of understandable.

I meant my comments re: offence and "virtue signalling" in more general terms anyway though.

I don't think it was about offence. As others have pointed out on this thread it's pretty likely to have been about diluting focus or moving attention from other race related issues. A PR or damage limitation exercise. Stupid, and awkward, but kind of understandable.

I meant my comments re: offence and "virtue signalling" in more general terms anyway though.

Its the same thing. They are desperate to avoid someone trying to make it in to a racial issue and them having to then issue an apology for allowing an insensitive or inappropriate banner in.

Because everybody knows that there's no way given the way the world is that they would come out and say look don't be so daft and juvenile and try and make an unrelated innocent banner in to something it isn't.

See on The Chase, one of the chasers is a black guy, I forget his name but Bradley Walsh calls him the 'Dark Destroyer'.

Is that racist?

See on The Chase, one of the chasers is a black guy, I forget his name but Bradley Walsh calls him the 'Dark Destroyer'.

Is that racist?

Never mind that. There's a lot on here who would consider "black guy" as racist.

Its the same thing. They are desperate to avoid someone trying to make it in to a racial issue and them having to then issue an apology for allowing an insensitive or inappropriate banner in.

Because everybody knows that there's no way given the way the world is that they would come out and say look don't be so daft and juvenile and try and make an unrelated innocent banner in to something it isn't.

Probably a bit of both. Damage limitation in both cases, and on the surface yes, it does look a bit much.

Probably a bit of both. Damage limitation in both cases, and on the surface yes, it does look a bit much.

They are the same. You are suggesting that for PR reasons they have to limit the damage from an actual race related issue but whilst doing so have to try and limit any possible damage from a completely unrelated non race issue that has been created because there is a slight chance somebody might be looking to find offence in this issue then connect it to a race issue and it might create a public relations issue.

Censoring something on the basis that it may be deemed offensive when it is in fact contextually devoid of any racism is a ridiculous notion which ultimately causes much more harm.

For starters it infantilises non-whites into helpless and ignorant victims, devoid of the mental capacity to think for themselves. It is an example of colonial superiority - we industrialised white westerners know best so shall act as protecting guardians for the pathetic coloureds. They cannot be exposed to such things as they will misunderstand such is their ignorance.

Secondly, identifying racism, or rather the idea someone will be racially offended, in a situation where there isn't any perpetuates an idea of a larger problem than there is.

Thirdly, and tied in with the second point, it can lead to harming the very people it attempts to protect. The convolution of serious racism with trivial political correctness has the potential to turn people against any kind of socially progressive movement. It enhances the strength of actual right wing groups who dine out on liberal poppycock such as this. The same thing happens with free speech advocacy - only one side defends it vehemently.

And furthermore adherence to PC culture is a useful tool of right wing organisations and governments as actual social issues of importance can be slyly demolished as long as people obsess over the use of correct language and the such.

Another day, another glaring example of leftist totalitarianism. What part of the culture has made them think the street, the square, the institution or the campus is 'theirs'?

http://amp.dailycaller.com/2017/09/23/milo-yiannopoulos-undeterred-by-uc-berkeley-cancellation-of-free-speech-week/

And it's only getting worse. 50% of the current American youth think hate speech (however its subjectively defined) isn't free speech and couldn't tell you what the 1st amendment is. Good background on this brattish, thuggish, identity politics ridden, puritan rabble.

https://amp.ft.com/content/902581a0-99ff-11e7-b83c-9588e51488a0

Archived