One for the anti-PC bridgade (NHC)

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I don't like any colours apart from Maroon and White. All others offend me. Can I ask all other colours be covered up and not sang about. Thank you.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I note the FA can't even bring itself to comment on why they covered it up.

I think the answer is fairly obvious.

Proper embarrassing.

This kind of stuff goes on up and down the country.

I have noticed recently that more and more people are getting fed up with this type of nonsense, it's gone way too far!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

As I said on the other thread, its this sort of ridiculous action that breeds rebellion. USA have a President they didn't want because liberalism had spread too far. We are heading down a dangerous path, going out of our way, imagining every conceivable interpretation of anything colour related.

I dunno. I can see why they did it. Televised game, the commentators would have to explain the banner every 10 minutes to avoid numpties complaining on Twitter etc

letsalldothebeattie

New Zealand rugby team better brace themselves.

And the football team, nicknamed the "White Noise" or "All Whites"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I support the ideas behind what is known as 'political correctness '.

It's very obvious that there is nothing wrong with describing yourself as a 'white army' if your team plays in white.

But for those who complain about 'not being able to say' stuff, I'd like to know what it is you'd like to be 'allowed' to say but are prevented from saying.

Honest question.

I support the ideas behind what is known as 'political correctness '.

It's very obvious that there is nothing wrong with describing yourself as a 'white army' if your team plays in white.

But for those who complain about 'not being able to say' stuff, I'd like to know what it is you'd like to be 'allowed' to say but are prevented from saying.

Honest question.

Is political correctness not the term for when Do-good-ery has gotten excessive?  On Twitter I believe it is termed "professional outrage". Basic morality is fine and this is what you are supporting I believe. However, when people start taking offence on behalf of, and preemptively defend, those whom they deem to be a minority and, thus, one must assume, people who are unwilling or incapable of defending themselves - then that strikes me as patronising. 

I don't believe what the FA did was PC - it was simply an attempt to avoid a greater problem. In essence, they were attempting to fend off, not join or assuage the "PC brigade"... 

Is political correctness not the term for when Do-good-ery has gotten excessive?  On Twitter I believe it is termed "professional outrage". Basic morality is fine and this is what you are supporting I believe. However, when people start taking offence on behalf of, and preemptively defend, those whom they deem to be a minority and, thus, one must assume, people who are unwilling or incapable of defending themselves - then that strikes me as patronising. 

I don't believe what the FA did was PC - it was simply an attempt to avoid a greater problem. In essence, they were attempting to fend off, not join or assuage the "PC brigade"... 

It's pretty much the definition of political correctness if they are allowing other people to dictate to them what is acceptable for fans to do because they are worried about the slight chance someone might play the racist card and they might have to apologise for offending or being seen to marginalise anyone.

As soon as we started listening to the PC Brigade and their lefty and easily offended snowflake chums, things like this were always going to happen.

As soon as we started listening to the PC Brigade and their lefty and easily offended snowflake chums, things like this were always going to happen.

Exactly. We have sleepwalked into this pish.

Exactly. We have sleepwalked into this pish.

We have and we will have similar scenarios in the future, just like we will see repeats of shops scared to label items male or female, and schools banning girls from wearing skirts, just in case it offends the one or two transgender kids that happen to be at the same school.

This shit just fuels racism thats the irony. Actual racist use this kind of stuff to their own advantage when convincing the easy lead that they require to fight against a clear agenda alienating white people...

Whatever next?  We get banned from singing about Jam Tarts because of the obesity epidemic, or in case it offends diabetics?

Rangers get taken to task about singing The Billy Boys because it isn't gender inclusive and lots of bigoted blue nose lassies feel marginalised?

Whatever next? We get banned from singing about Jam Tarts because of the obesity epidemic, or in case it offends diabetics?

Rangers get taken to task about singing The Billy Boys because it isn't gender inclusive and lots of bigoted blue nose lassies feel marginalised?

Let's be honest that last one will never happen.

"PC Brigade"

"alternative facts"

"fake news"

"snowflake"

The tragedy of modern society laid bare in a few easily tossed about phrases.

Political correctness is usually how people who want to be able to use racist, sexist, bigoted, homophobic, etc, terms and phrases (and who hold views and attitudes that reflect those terms and phrases) describe any criticism, condemnation, discouragement or restriction of the use of those terms and phrases.

People who don't have those views or attitudes tend to just view it as common decency/normal behaviour.

It's a cultural thing driven by the new bolshevism, say what ever you like, as long as it fits in with my worldview.

When you get to the situation where university student lobby groups, not only can control who speaks and what is said but, they can actually get lecturers and professors fired if they "upset" them, you know you're all aboard the handbasket to hell!

In the very place where they should be open examination and debate of all different views, there is a narrow-minded, politically correct politburo of students stifling free speech, all in the name - excuse me but I nearly pissed myself with laughter there - all in the name of "tolerance"!!!

Political correctness is usually how people who want to be able to use racist, sexist, bigoted, homophobic, etc, terms and phrases (and who hold views and attitudes that reflect those terms and phrases) describe any criticism, condemnation, discouragement or restriction of the use of those terms and phrases.

People who don't have those views or attitudes tend to just view it as common decency/normal behaviour.

No this is political correctness. There is simply no argument to even remotely suggest this is racist or inapropriate but the FA have over reacted simply because there is a slight chance someone may through misunderstanding jump to a reaction that this in in some way offensive or discriminatory. Rather than just say it isn't they feel they have to over react.

Beware playing the bigot card!

In my experience (considerable as both a confirmed atheist for 44 years and committed Christian for 26) - the bigots are always crying others bigots, precisely because they don't want anyone to say anything out of step with whatever views they hold.

Obviously, I am often accused of being a religious bigot, because I hold a different view to secular humanism and, having been on both sides of the fence, there's only one thing worse than a bona fide religious bigot and that is a bona fide secular bigot.  They take intolerance back to the days of Torquemada who was, by the way, no more a real Christian than Kim Jung Il.

It's quite obvious why it's been taken down.

They have just sacked a manager after he was accused of being racist. (He was sacked for a different reason but the rumours are still swirling).

If the sign had stayed up, some clever sod would have spotted the double meaning and the chance to take a picture and make a joke at the FA's expense, so they preempted it and took it down hoping nobody would notice.

They have, so the FA are now not commenting to try and stop the Streisand effect.

It's not political correctness gone mad, it's them trying to save face and getting caught out.

michael_bolton

They have just sacked a manager after he was accused of being racist. (He was sacked for a different reason but the rumours are still swirling).

If the sign had stayed up, some clever sod would have spotted the double meaning and the chance to take a picture and make a joke at the FA's expense, so they preempted it and took it down hoping nobody would notice.

They have, so the FA are now not commenting to try and stop the Streisand effect.

It's not political correctness gone mad, it's them trying to save face and getting caught out.

This is all true.

The funny thing is that if the FA came out and just did an honest press conference where they said something like

"We've just had a very public racism row, the man involved has just left the organisation for an unconnected reason, but we just thought that this week we could do without a 'super white army' banner due to this being the era of Instagram and Twitter etc. We clearly don't think Tranmere fans are racist and we hope you understand our position."

Most people would probably understand.

As it is, they've created quite a fuss.

This is all true.

The funny thing is that if the FA came out and just did an honest press conference where they said something like

"We've just had a very public racism row, the man involved has just left the organisation for an unconnected reason, but we just thought that this week we could do without a 'super white army' banner due to this being the era of Instagram and Twitter etc. We clearly don't think Tranmere fans are racist and we hope you understand our position."

Most people would probably understand.

As it is, they've created quite a fuss.

I dunno. I can see why they did it. Televised game, the commentators would have to explain the banner every 10 minutes to avoid numpties complaining on Twitter etc

Ah, it's good to see calm heads and voices of reason on the subject, rather than the normal collection of chicken-licken rabble-rousers who seem to be spouting their crap everywhere at the moment.

Nice one lads.

Ah, it's good to see calm heads and voices of reason on the subject, rather than the normal collection of chicken-licken rabble-rousers who seem to be spouting their crap everywhere at the moment.

Nice one lads.

We should have priced up a market on who would be the first person to come on here throwing around nothing but insults because somebody doesn't agree with them.

Don't worry I'll price it up next time with some very short favourites.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

What you're talking about is common decency.

Removing Super White Army from Tranmere's stadium, on the other hand, is the precise definition of political correctness. I'd be mildly embarrassed if the decision had been mine.

'Common decency' is not how I would have described the responses of Rotherham and Rochdale authorities when they dismissed the complaints of gang rape by teen girls as those made up by vengeful, racist slags - those same girls who had been covered in petrol to deter them from reporting it.

Stuff like this is the thin end of the wedge. Like racism, it can be very dangerous when it becomes the unquestioned and unthinking standard across society. 

We_are_the_Hearts

This kind of stuff goes on up and down the country.

I have noticed recently that more and more people are getting fed up with this type of nonsense, it's gone way too far!

This kind of nonsense won Trump the USA election. People just got fed up.

'There'll be blue birds over the ----- cliffs of Dover'

'Nights in ----- Satin'

Fecking ridiculous, some folks are too precious for their own good nowadays.

Archived