Food you just don't get

EH11_2NL

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed! I love chocolate but hate chocolate ice cream or chocolate milk.

That's it.

I could eat chocolate every day and eat ice cream every day also.

But together? No thanks.

Bang on with chocolate milk too :thumb:

luckyBatistuta

Yup agree, also when you order fish and they present you with the whole thing, I am not gonny eat the heid so why is it on my plate..grrr

Some people do, I've got friends who fight over it at the table, as they reckon it makes you clever.

Liver and kidney. Do not get it. They taste & feel exactly as you'd expect them to, which is half the problem. Like biting into organs. Ick.

Saying that, I had sweetbreads recently, survived them okay and didn't vomit all down myself so maybe it's time to try them again.

Totally agree bud, that stiff is just offal.

Some people do, I've got friends who fight over it at the table, as they reckon it makes you clever.

Exclusive:

Garry O'Connor doesn't eat fish heads.

:) :)

Yuk....makes you clever they say mmm...nup.

Samuel Camazzola

Ham & Pineapple pizza is a hate of mine, Pineapple on a pizza is just wrong

Correct. I like pineapple but it belongs nowhere near a pizza. Or near a cut of gammon!

Correct. I like pineapple but it belongs nowhere near a pizza. Or near a cut of gammon!

Basically any fruit near meat is a no-no for me.

Agree. The only fruits that belong near meat are peppers.

Tomato and peppers on a meaty pizza I can live with

Fair points.

I never think of peppers as fruit.

It was probably well-done. A well-done steak is a ruined steak with all the flavour and juices cooked out of it.

A nice cut of steak cooked medium rare is a thing of beauty.

For years I had my steak well done.

Then I tried a steak medium cooked and it was tremendous.

Never doing a steak well done ever again.

Feardies need to get over the worry of a bit pink in the middle. Does absolutely no harm and you get a luscious, tasty, soft cut to enjoy.

**** the H1b5...

I had to Google pilonidal sinus. I wish I hadn't.

I was going to Google it too but on the back of your post I'm not going to bother now.

For years I had my steak well done.

Then I tried a steak medium cooked and it was tremendous.

Never doing a steak well done ever again.

Feardies need to get over the worry of a bit pink in the middle. Does absolutely no harm and you get a luscious, tasty, soft cut to enjoy.

**** the H1b5...

I was the same. No turning back after you've tried it cooked properly. So much tastier and juicier.

MacDonald Jardine

I forgot to mention baked beans.

They're satans nipples.

I love baked beans but they're just wrong with a cooked breakfast,

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Tofu - Tastes of nowt, the fact you have to soak it in something tasty just to make it vaguely edible should be a clue. Texture is disgusting too.

Egg whites - Again slimey and taste of feck all. Egg white omelette? Sew your mouth up, you don't deserve food!

Fish - Tastes of fish. 

Anything else is fair game!

Cucumber, cucumber, cucumber, cucumber, cucumber, cucumber, cucumber, cucumber, cucumber, cucumber, cucumber, cucumber, cucumber, cucumber, cucumber, cucumber, cucumber, cucumber and celery, add in marzipan.

RANCID.

Cucumber, cucumber, cucumber, cucumber, cucumber, cucumber, cucumber, cucumber, cucumber, cucumber, cucumber, cucumber, cucumber, cucumber, cucumber, cucumber, cucumber, cucumber and celery, add in marzipan.

RANCID.

Did you write the Spam song for Monty Python? :) :)

John Gentleman

My Dad used to eat Tripe - the smell of it cooking made me boak.

Same here. IIRC, my mother used to sort of poach it in milk for him. Faither was the only one one in the family who ate it. Used to stink the hoose oot for days.

My current favourite non-food is the recently re-discovered miracle vegetable, kale. It may or may be be good for you, but it's totally meh. Besides, I had enough kale soup when I was young to last a lifetime. 

RANCID.

It has its uses.(to be clear, not for me).

Big Slim Stylee

Turkey mince

I've never tried it- but that's the point- WTF would you use it for?

or chicken mince for that matter

It's awful! They use it such a lot out here.

But I give you Vegan cheese. Just **** off awful :(

Mince and tatties, Scotch pies, stovies..... tasteless, horrible food.

Ban please mods, this is probably the most obvious troll in the history of JKB.

Most seafood

Coleslaw

Tomatoes

Just a very select few without even scratching the surface

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Prawns and cream in volevont, maybe wrong spelling but my gran had them at her ruby wedding years ago,

Also as mentioned pineapple in pizza , just does not go, mind you my wife takes salad cram with her haggis,

wrong un. 

Courgettes, sweetcorn and smoked fish are disgusting.

local chipie does brown fish supper - dont like fish but smoked fish and chips are amazing.

hate mussels pointless things plus serious amount of faff for something so small

Prawns and cream in volevont, maybe wrong spelling but my gran had them at her ruby wedding years ago,

Also as mentioned pineapple in pizza , just does not go, mind you my wife takes salad cram with her haggis,

wrong un. 

Salad cream with haggis??

Grounds for divorce there Harold. :wink:

After dinner today I have to add roast beef and all the trimmings. Love the trimmings, especially the roast tatties and yorkies, but the meat itself is so tasteless, but everyone else is sayi g how good the meat tasted. No it didn't, it was the gravy I made that had the taste. If the meat was that tasty you wouldn't need my special gravy.

After dinner today I have to add roast beef and all the trimmings. Love the trimmings, especially the roast tatties and yorkies, but the meat itself is so tasteless, but everyone else is sayi g how good the meat tasted. No it didn't, it was the gravy I made that had the taste. If the meat was that tasty you wouldn't need my special gravy.

With you on this one, most of the flavour is on the bottom of the tray which I'm guessing you used in your gravy. The beef then becomes just something to chew. Reminds me of the boxers back in the day that would eat steak leading up to fights, they would chew all the goodness out and put the remainder back on the plate.

Vegetarian "meat"

Vegan cheese

All that shit gives me the rage for some reason. I once had a customer moaning her **** off at me because we had ran out of vegetarian "Ham". It took every ounce of restraint in me to not tell her to **** off and then beat her to death with a leg of lamb.

Vegetarian "meat"

Vegan cheese

All that shit gives me the rage for some reason. I once had a customer moaning her **** off at me because we had ran out of vegetarian "Ham". It took every ounce of restraint in me to not tell her to **** off and then beat her to death with a leg of lamb.

:rofl:

Archived