Food you just don't get

EH11_2NL

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love broccoli.

What a shite way to be outed :sob:

Fellow Hibee scum here :)

Love the stuff especially whilst wearing my Alex Cropley 10 shirt.

No it's quark. Quorn I have my own issues with but quark is ******* disgusting.

It's a cheese like substance.

My apologies, I was thinking of the sub-hadron particles which, I believe, are similarly tasteless. 

Food I 'don't get' as opposed to like or dislike:

Squid - tastes of nothing

Crispy Fried Beef from the Chinese Take Away - basically spicy bits of batter with a beef content of around 0.0000004% by the taste of it

My wife loves both - but form me they are just 'nothing' foods.

Салатные палочки

Roast dinners. All that effort and wait for something so anti-climatic.

I hate to agree with this but I have to.  Don't get me wrong, I love the meat, two veg and gravy part of it but any roast dinner I have experienced usually involves a bottle of wine getting skelped while its cooking, whoever is cooking it being half cut and the meat (if it's beef) being undercooked.  The only time I truly enjoyed a roast dinner was when I was still staying at my parents and would either pretend to sleep through the cooking and eating process or be in the pub for a Sunday curer and go home, heat it up in the microwave and miss out the pomp and ceremony of it. Usually a heavy let-down roast dinners.  

Pies at the football, they look rancid.

Brown sauce, it looks rancid.

Mayonnaise, it looks rancid.

Alcohol in general tastes like rat piss.

Celery

Non-fish seafood

Sushi

Brussels sprouts

Yet another vote for marzipan

On the other hand, add me to the olive lovers' list. There's nothing quite like an olive stall in a Mediterranean market - the equivalent for me to being a kid in a sweetie shop.

Jam Tarts 1874

Garlic.

Curry.

Chili Peppers.

They taste like shit, just spoil the food and people who eat any of these things stink to high heaven for at least 24 hours.

Fruit and meat together like ham / pineapple, chicken / mango, Turkey / cranberry etc

Absolutely foul.

Mint as an ingredient. Makes food taste like toothpaste.

Worst of all for me is cinnamon. The smell even makes me feel repulsed. The most putrid arse sprinkling ever concocted. I'd seriously ask for a kick in the spuds rather than eat cinnamon.

fussy eaters......don't they just irritate like a rash. I don't particularly like marzipan or tripe but I know if I hadn't had anything for a couple o days I'd get on with it.

going out for a meal with someone sits telling you all the things on a menu they cant eat is soul destroying, you feel like saying, a week on a desert island would soon have you scoffing fish by the handful.

Mac_fae_Gillie

Chilli beans as in Chilli Con Carnie.

love the sauce and meat but that tasteless bean that feels so odd to eat push them to the side.

IMG_0741.jpg

For about 3 months last year I grudgingly became a vegetarian as my missus decided she was becoming one. She does the shopping so it was Quorn and Tofu as meat substitutes.

Utterly vile, like eating plastic.

I very rarely eat vegetables and have never really got into Indian food

So it's not a vegetable curry for tea then? :lol:

Courgettes, sweetcorn and smoked fish are disgusting.

I don't like sweetcorn.

But I love corn on the cob.

Get your brain round that one :lol:

Trifle. Of all the desserts out there some "people" choose this sloppy monstrosity.

Trifle is the absolute pits.

Scallops. Tasteless lumps of a bogey like consistency. Can't understand the fuss at all. Beelzebub's testicles.

Lovely if cooked correctly.

For me, although I eat it, pulled pork. Why rip food to bits if it is suppose to taste that good?

And more general, street food. Not proper street food, cooked outside, or in a rickety hut on a single ring or an open fire coming at a cheap price. But restaurant 'street food' cooked by a chef in a fully equipped kitchen, and then served on a plate, coming with a hefty price tag.

Also. Vegetarian sausage. If you don't eat sausage and don't agree with eating meat, why pretend to.

I don't eat meat that pretends to be a vegetable.

I don't like sweetcorn.

But I love corn on the cob.

Get your brain round that one :lol:

I'm the exact same. Don't think it's as uncommon as you'd think!

I don't get things such as vegetarian sausages, bacon etc. It's a load of nonsense, imo.

I also don't get people saying they don't like something if they haven't tried it.

I like everything. Food is great.

What about folk that eat something and thoroughly enjoy it then, when they find out what is was say it was disgusting?

I worked with a woman who ate bulls balls at a wedding in Spain and thought they tasted great. When her husband told her what she had eaten she said she felt sick.

:rolleyes:

Very much this, it makes me physically sick if I get the taste of the horrid juice from sweetcorn.

How about tuna and sweetcorn mixed together?

:boak:

Everything mentioned here I would demolish no problem......with the exception of marzipan.

Whoever invented that needs to be strung up.

Absolutely gantin.

Mind you my wife appeared with.......beetroot burgers.....i shit you not.

Let's try those she said. I would rather rub my own fireman's helmet with steel wool but I didn't tell her that.

I agree, why ruin a good cake by putting marzipan on it.

Arnold Rothstein

Have you been to Waitrose in Comely Bank's Sushi counter? 

And the award for the most middle class post of the year goes to........

MacDonald Jardine

Mayonnaise is the devil's food. And it appears ****in everywhere these days.

Steak, just don't get it at all. Been out for meals countless times with friends who have salivated over this piece of dead cow, had a taste and seriously wondered what all the fuss was about. Tasteless.

My Dad used to eat Tripe - the smell of it cooking made me boak.

I'm extremely flexible about food, but I'd have to be dying of hunger to eat tripe.

Sushi is great, and sashimi is better.

Steak, just don't get it at all. Been out for meals countless times with friends who have salivated over this piece of dead cow, had a taste and seriously wondered what all the fuss was about. Tasteless.

Was it well-done?

Archived