World Cup qualifiers.....

Hendricks

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very tedious game so far. One decent chance for Wales at the start of the match and not much since.

Can BBC explain how I can watch Wales on Welsh language channel but not Scotland on ALBA

Good question. Don't know the details.

But Welsh is a real reasonably widely used language and SC4 is better funded. Note also they normally do an English option but cos Sky have the rights aren't this time. But all the games have been on SC4.

Very tedious game so far. One decent chance for Wales at the start of the match and not much since.

Typical of how Wales play

Reliant on good goals but mostly tedious

Bazzas right boot

I genuinely detest Wales.

Detest a whole country?

Takes a certain type of folk that just comes out with that. Fair doos.

Could do with them getting beat tonight tho.

Bosnia ain?t beating Belgium, so Carry On Wales.

Belgium have already qualified, they might rest some of their better players.

All 4 home nations qualifying is on

Though play offs might pair 2 together

Scotland should still be okay for top 8 second place!

Belgium will rest players for Andorra, but they?ve an unbeaten record to protect. Big boys will be back for Bosnia.

Pjanjic(spelling?)from Juventus, & one of Bosnia?s main CH?s is out for the Belgium game.

I?d stake my avatar on it, by changing it to one of Trump for a month, that Belgium will not get beaten.

I hope you are right about the team that Belgium select for the Bosnia game. That is tomorrow at 5pm by the way. The Andorra game is on Tuesday. Assuming this Wales score remains the same its our last chance to know we are guaranteed a best runner up spot before we play ourselves!

I can only imagine how horrendous watching the likes of Wales v Republic on Monday, Estonia v Bosnia and Holland v Sweden on Tuesday will be if we've won. * There are a couple of other games that might also be in the mix.

Fly the Saltire

Former Hearts striker Mauricio Pinilla who back playing in Chile is part of Chile squad which is well placed to qualify automatically for Russia next year.

Former Hearts striker Mauricio Pinilla who back playing in Chile is part of Chile squad which is well placed to qualify automatically for Russia next year.

They aren't guaranteed anything yet as they have to go to Brazil in the final match. I wonder how much how the Brazilians will be thinking about the possibility of helping with the elimination of Argentina mind you!!!!

Wonder if we could make a cheeky loan move for Anya in January? If he's not getting a game for Derby?

Can BBC explain how I can watch Wales on Welsh language channel but not Scotland on ALBA

All down to rights (currently held by Sky for Scotland and Wales). Sky see more financial value in selling them on to S4C than they will lose via reduced subscribers/day pass purchasers and potential reduction in advertising value. This would not be the case in Scotland.

Believe me the Scottish Government funded MG Alba who commmssion all programmes and decide all schedules for BBC Alba would love to show Scotland internationals if they could.

Despite the name of the channel the only role the BBC have in the channel is providing the facilities to actually broadcast it.

Some performance yet again by Iceland. Currently 3-0 up in Turkey and putting huge pressure on Croatia who are currently 0-0 at home to Finland. Even if they eventually go on to win that game Iceland have much the easier final game, at home to Kosovo whilst Croatia travel to Ukraine. Strong possibility that Iceland qualify automatically and Croatia go into the play offs. Although Ukraine could actually eliminate Croatia altogether with a win putting themselves into the play offs.

Some performance yet again by Iceland. Currently 3-0 up in Turkey and putting huge pressure on Croatia who are currently 0-0 at home to Finland. Even if they eventually go on to win that game Iceland have much the easier final game, at home to Kosovo whilst Croatia travel to Ukraine. Strong possibility that Iceland qualify automatically and Croatia go into the play offs. Although Ukraine could actually eliminate Croatia altogether with a win putting themselves into the play offs.

It may sound strange to some but, going on current form, we'd be better playing Croatia in a play-off than Iceland. they're flying at the minute.

Croatia have now scored. If these results hold then this group is out of the running for worst 2nd place. 

Iceland would already have 16pts minus any against the bottom team.

And no result in the Ukraine v Croatia could see one of them finish below us due to goal difference.

Should Scotland win, as things stand the following is how its shaping up. We need one of the following to happen:

Bosnia fail to beat both Belgium at home and Estonia away

or

Wales fail to beat Rep Ireland at home

or

Sweden fail to get at least a point in Amsterdam against Holland

Croatia have now scored. If these results hold then this group is out of the running for worst 2nd place. 

And no result in the Ukraine v Croatia could see one of them finish below us due to goal difference.

Should Scotland win, as things stand the following is how its shaping up. We need one of the following to happen:

or

or

Thanks for the update. I was under the impression that a Scotland win would be enough regardless of anything else. Obviously I was wrong !

Thanks for the update. I was under the impression that a Scotland win would be enough regardless of anything else. Obviously I was wrong !

I'm afraid not Boab. Given our goal difference we still need something to happen in one of the games I've mentioned to guarantee a win is enough for us. I'm praying Belgium with their quality squad are looking to go undefeated and that they turn up to play in Bosnia tomorrow. They beat them 4-0 at home and are clearly the better side but ...............I hope their attitude is spot on!

Bazzas right boot

or

or

options are less, but these were/ are the most favourable ones, the rest were a bit of a longshot.

cheers

Bazzas right boot

So if Bosnia win tomorrow night there's aa good chance we've got nothing to play for. **** sake.

Sweden need to draw with Holland in Holland.

and Ireland can win in Wales or at least avoid defeat. although it would be best if Belgium just done them.

Just means it will a waiting game after our game, if we win, of course.

options are less, but these were/ are the most favourable ones, the rest were a bit of a longshot.

cheers

Northern Ireland could also lose to Norway and if we win we finish higher than them.

So if Bosnia win tomorrow night there's aa good chance we've got nothing to play for. **** sake.

No, Bosnia need to win v Belguim at home and away to Estonia on Tuesday

Bazzas right boot

Northern Ireland could also lose to Norway and if we win we finish higher than them.

yip.

Just a bit concerned about teams playing for nothing?

Can Holland still go through, they have a honking goal difference?

Bazzas right boot

finland have eqaulised, is that us?

... if we win of course

checked they are away to Ukraine in a winner takes all, if they draw we get above them and Ukraine. the winner will have 20 points and a better goal difference than us

You are quite correct. That is another possibility.

Shows how close the vast majority of euro countries are to each other....

Just win on Sunday Scotland, if for whatever reason we come bottom of second place teams....que Sera.

I have been proud to support Scotland this tournament....

Sweden need to draw with Holland in Holland.

and Ireland can win in Wales or at least avoid defeat. although it would be best if Belgium just done them.

Just means it will a waiting game after our game, if we win, of course.

Ireland need to beat Wales to have any chance of the play-offs, so that will be a tough match for Wales.

If the Belgians avoid defeat to Bosnia tomorrow, we will know that victory over Slovenia guarantees us a play-off spot, and Belgium are undefeated so far in their group, having dropped just 2 points.

finland have eqaulised, is that us?

... if we win of course

Not yet, but I make it now that means Croatia need to win away at Ukraine on Monday if we win.

Bazzas right boot

or

or

Hendricks, ya big Brain, can you do another low- down?

:2thumbsup: 

Bazzas right boot

Not yet, but I make it now that means Croatia need to win away at Ukraine on Monday if we win.

aye, also Ukraine are in as well now on a win. a draw :2thumbsup: 

Wow what a huge goal in the Croatia game. Finland with a late equaliser and it finishes 1-1. That goal pretty much gifts Iceland an automatic slot in the World Cup Finals. They now only need to beat Kosovo at home to guarantee it or see Croatia fail to win in Ukraine.

From Scotland's persepective it was also a big goal as it throws up another possibility in a group that looked safe from being one that could have the bottom placed 2nd finisher.

Taking off their wins against Kosovo both the Ukraine and Croatia now go into Monday's game on 11pts meaning that a draw would see them finish on 12pts which would be short of our total IF we win on Sunday. This could have a big influence elsewhere too as it gives renewed hope for the likes of Holland who could potentially claim a best runner up with just 13pts now (which we want as they will one more motivated v Sweden)!!

aye, also Ukraine are in as well now on a win. a draw :2thumbsup:

Yip, just realized it opens the door to Ukraine now, so we would need a draw in that game.

On a separate note, but connected, Iceland now need to win home to bottom team Kosovo to qualify for the World Cup. What an achievement.

Hendricks, ya big Brain, can you do another low- down?

:2thumbsup:

Haha trying to keep up with all these permutations!  Huge goal in the Croatia v Finland as throws that group right back into the mix. I have to say given the following IF Scotland win and all these things conspire against us then we may as well chuck it!  The footballing Gods clearly don't love us! 

So if one of the following happens and we WIN we are guaranteed the play off place:

or

or

or
Northern Ireland fail to get at least a point in Norway
or 
Ukraine and Croatia draw on Monday

Wow what a huge goal in the Croatia game. Finland with a late equaliser and it finishes 1-1. That goal pretty much gifts Iceland an automatic slot in the World Cup Finals. They now only need to beat Kosovo at home to guarantee it or see Croatia fail to win in Ukraine.

From Scotland's persepective it was also a big goal as it throws up another possibility in a group that looked safe from being one that could have the bottom placed 2nd finisher.

Taking off their wins against Kosovo both the Ukraine and Croatia now go into Monday's game on 11pts meaning that a draw would see them finish on 12pts which would be short of our total IF we win on Sunday. This could have a big influence elsewhere too as it gives renewed hope for the likes of Holland who could potentially claim a best runner up with just 13pts now (which we want as they will one more motivated v Sweden)!!

Good spot that Hendricks.  That goal has given Holland a lifeline.

Haha trying to keep up with all these permutations!  Huge goal in the Croatia v Finland as throws that group right back into the mix. I have to say given the following IF Scotland win and all these things conspire against us then we may as well chuck it!  The footballing Gods clearly don't love us! 

So if one of the following happens and we WIN we are guaranteed the play off place:

or

or

or
or 

or Denmark lose at home to Romania.

If we win our game, we need a hell of a lot of results to go against us to fail to make the play-offs.

Personally, I expect Bosnia will drop points tomorrow against Belgium, so we will go into the final game with a simple win or bust scenario. 

Riddley Walker

No, Bosnia need to win v Belguim at home and away to Estonia on Tuesday

I know that, but Estonia have always played football like a vallied sloth, not a chance Bosnia will not win that game.

Take the sack of potatoes off your shoulder.

**** sake.

Riddley Walker

Take the sack of potatoes off your shoulder.

**** sake.

Taking politics aside it's a valid complaint that Scotland is the only UK country not to have their games free-to-air.

North Berwick Jambo

Its bound to end in glorious failure as usual, we will probably be winning 1-0 and concede in the final minute ;)

Well done Iceland. Good to see them maintaing their form from the Euros.

Guys in charge of our game need to head over there and copy their model.

Bowmans_Boot

Taking politics aside it's a valid complaint that Scotland is the only UK country not to have their games free-to-air.

Very much so. In fact, it is ridiculous.

Bowmans_Boot

Detest a whole country?

Takes a certain type of folk that just comes out with that. Fair doos.

Could do with them getting beat tonight tho.

Yeah, I really, really dont like Wales and have never been crazy on many Welsh people I have met, if I am honest.

I hadn't noticed that Serbia lost to Austria, so to add to the equation, if we beat Slovenia, and Serbia fail to win at home to Georgia, that would also put us in the play-offs.

So as it stands, if we win our final game, all of the following would have to happen to prevent us making the play-offs...

Group A - Sweden must pick up 4 points from a home game v Luxembourg and away to Netherlands

Group C - N.Ireland need to pick up a point in Norway

Group D - Serbia must win at home to Georgia, and Wales must beat ROI

Group E - Denmark must pick up a point at home to Romania

Group G - Italy must avoid a heavy defeat away to Albania

Group H - Bosnia must beat Belgium at home and Estonia away

Group I - Iceland must pick up a point at home to Kosova, and Ukraine v Croatia mustn't end up  a draw

Looking at the above, the most likely failures to stop us will be Bosnia in Group H, then Sweden in Group A, then Wales in Group D.  I happen to fancy Italy will not lose by 5 or 6 against Albania.

I hadn't noticed that Serbia lost to Austria, so to add to the equation, if we beat Slovenia, and Serbia fail to win at home to Georgia, that would also put us in the play-offs.

So as it stands, if we win our final game, all of the following would have to happen to prevent us making the play-offs...

Group A - Sweden must pick up 4 points from a home game v Luxembourg and away to Netherlands

Group C - N.Ireland need to pick up a point in Norway

Group D - Serbia must win at home to Georgia, and Wales must beat ROI

Group E - Denmark must pick up a point at home to Romania

Group G - Italy must avoid a heavy defeat away to Albania

Group H - Bosnia must beat Belgium at home and Estonia away

Group I - Iceland must pick up a point at home to Kosova, and Ukraine v Croatia mustn't end up  a draw

Looking at the above, the most likely failures to stop us will be Bosnia in Group H, then Sweden in Group A, then Wales in Group D.  I happen to fancy Italy will not lose by 5 or 6 against Albania.

Genuinely stretched following the possible outcomes, possibilities....

A bit like when Eurovision moved from the old 24 countries to over 50 countries, mostly east...

Best thing last year was having Wales, both the Irish teams and England involved.. Because of our not being there, made me want Scotland to do it this time...

If the seven Scottish Celtic players and the Hearts, Hibs, Dons and anglo players are fit, we have a chance...

Hearts will be able soon to have several lads, at different levels playing for Scotland....

Bazzas right boot

Haha trying to keep up with all these permutations! Huge goal in the Croatia v Finland as throws that group right back into the mix. I have to say given the following IF Scotland win and all these things conspire against us then we may as well chuck it! The footballing Gods clearly don't love us!

or

or

or

or

Cheers.

Stick a fiver on none of that to happen.....

Archived