Hendricks

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MacDonald Jardine

I had no grey hairs last century, when Scotland qualified. :(

I had hair.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Germany, n ireland, engerlund treble up tonight so ?20 up to start the wkend.

Five match accumulator, Germany to win and under 22.5 goals across every match. Bizarrely they all came in for me. Can't remember the last time I had 3 bets come in and no losing bets.

...a bit disco

?2 on a sixer.

Romania looked like they couldn't score in a brothel so I cashed out in the 89th minute for ?1.83 to go towards tomorrows games.

Imagine my chagrin when I checked after having a bath only to find they'd scored in the 1st minute of injury time.

:seething:

Congratulations to Aaron Hughes on yet another cap and clean sheet. Model professional at 37.

I had hair.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

And I was there, with far more hair than I have today. Watched Boyd's own goal from behind the goal at the then brand new Stade de France. It was like slow motion - sickening. At the time I thought another one to add to the stamp album of World Cup hard luck stories. Scotland's 6th qualification in 7 World Cups..... We haven't really come close to getting to one since. Not even reached the play offs once. Sadly I care much more about Hearts nowadays than Scotland. The GFA really have screwed up our game.

Germany were a tad fortunate against a spirited Czech side. I had a strange view of the game, being seated in the third row to the left of the goal. Good close ups of first German goal and Czech equaliser. I was also unaware of just what a monster of a man Mats Hummels is. He's massive.

Absolute shambles trying to get in, with only 4 gates out of 9 open in sector 4.

If we win our last 4 games, we have a chance of qualifying.

4 wins puts Scotland on 20 points, both Slovakia and Slovenia still have to play England away and play each other. If they draw their game against each other, if we win our 4 games, we will definitely finish above both of them.

If one of them wins, we would need 4 wins plus England taking at least a point of the one that wins, realistically it would have to be England because I can't see Slovakia or Slovenia dropping points at home to Malta or Lithuania.

We can draw 1 game and still qualify if England beats both Slovakia/Slovenia and either they draw with each other, meaning we can draw with either of them or if Slovenia beat Slovakia, we can draw with Slovakia and still qualify on 18 points.

The 8 best 2nd place finishers will enter a Play Off. This table excludes results against the lowest ranked team in each group, so either 4 wins or 3 wins and a draw in our last 4 games would see Scotland finish on 12/14 points in the best 2nd placed table, in previous years, Croatia qualified for the Play Off on 11 points and Ireland qualified on 12 points the previous WC.

Slovakia winning against Slovenia clarifies this

Germany were a tad fortunate against a spirited Czech side. I had a strange view of the game, being seated in the third row to the left of the goal. Good close ups of first German goal and Czech equaliser. I was also unaware of just what a monster of a man Mats Hummels is. He's massive.

Absolute shambles trying to get in, with only 4 gates out of 9 open in sector 4.

You don't half get around. Where are you tonight??? :D

Congratulations to Aaron Hughes on yet another cap and clean sheet. Model professional at 37.

Exactly and there is a roaster on here of hun persuasion who slags this pro at every opportunity, don't you just luv JKB.

Bazzas right boot

Spain v Italy on ITV4 this evening, 7.45 k.o.

Cheers, a wee suprise Football game is gravy.

Full Time:   Georgia 1 Rep of Ireland 1 

There have been a few good results the last couple of days in terms of the likely total for 2nd place teams in each group. Finland 1 Iceland 0, which just finished is one example as is Bulgaria 3 Sweden 2. teams are starting to cut each other's throats.

I think its becoming clear that IF Scotland win all 3 games and If England beat Slovakia we will make the play offs. Thats of course a big IF but I have a feeling by Monday night it will be in our hands. I actually think Slovakia winning against Slovenia wasn't the worst thing as I can see the latter having little to play for in the final match against us. 

Full Time:   Georgia 1 Rep of Ireland 1 

There have been a few good results the last couple of days in terms of the likely total for 2nd place teams in each group. Finland 1 Iceland 0, which just finished is one example as is Bulgaria 3 Sweden 2. teams are starting to cut each other's throats.

I think its becoming clear that IF Scotland win all 3 games and If England beat Slovakia we will make the play offs. Thats of course a big IF but I have a feeling by Monday night it will be in our hands. I actually think Slovakia winning against Slovenia wasn't the worst thing as I can see the latter having little to play for in the final match against us. 

Its been a decent weekend for Scotland mate.   Great performance and result last night as well as kind results in other games.  Hopefully things look just as good on Monday evening.

Big game for Wales tonight.  Looking at the table in that group, they really need 3 points.

Bulgaria 10/1 to beat Holland? Is that not worth a punt?

Its in Holland so can't see it despite how poor the Dutch have been. Its basically last chance saloon for them and I'd expect a bounce back even if its unconvincing. 

Bazzas right boot

Full Time: Georgia 1 Rep of Ireland 1

Good analysis.

England at home will surely win, they don't lose qualifiers and rarely concede, what can go wrong....

Scotland 1 Malta 1.

Bulgaria should be favourites for this game

Favourites away to Holland? Steady.

Holland are poor compared to what they were but they're still a decent team and will comfortably beat Bulgaria at home.

Not sure if already mentioned:

Wales v Austria on S4C - (Channel 166 on Virgin)

No English sound track only Welsh due to rights issue with Sky.

If I've learnt anything from many years sitting on my arse watching football it is that you never write off Italy. 

Though they are taking a right pumping tonight.

If I've learnt anything from many years sitting on my arse watching football it is that you never write off Italy. 

Though they are taking a right pumping tonight.

I think it would be fair to say that a number of the Italian squad probably have their best days behind them. Spain, Germany and especially France appear to have more top quality youth coming through. I think the latter whilst perhaps susceptible to some mistakes at the back are going to take some stopping next summer, their options going forward are pretty obscene.

Full Time: Georgia 1 Rep of Ireland 1

By the same token if England beat Slovakia they're in a comfort zone when they play a motivated Slovenia, albeit its at Wembley and the Slovenians have done poorly when travelling to the big guns of Slovakia and Scotland. IF Slovenia were to pull off a shock, we'd go there for a winner take all if we beat Slovakia.

Seems like permutations for 2nd are endless in this group and none seem too far fetched.

Bazzas right boot

its being set up for a last game, Wales V Rep winner takes all.

I'd happily take Ireland in the play- offs.

Going to Wembley on Monday night for the England v Slovakia game . Was planning on spending the 90 winding up my mates and supporting Slovakia but now it seems il be wanting England to win !!

Big result for the Welsh if they hang on. They have the Republic at home last game which could be an absolute war. I still fancy Serbia to win the group so one of them in the play offs as well as Northern Ireland would make things interesting should we somehow pull it out of the bag. No doubt we'd draw Italy though if the miracle finish happened. 

its being set up for a last game, Wales V Rep winner takes all.

I'd happily take Ireland in the play- offs.

I have a feeling Scotland might well qualify.

I'd certainly be confident of getting past Ireland in a play off.

One thing (and I hope it doesn't happen) but isn't it the case that out of the 9 UEFA qualifying groups, only 8 of the 2nd place teams go into play offs.  So one team gets 2nd but misses out.  Any idea where our group is standing compared to the others?

One thing (and I hope it doesn't happen) but isn't it the case that out of the 9 UEFA qualifying groups, only 8 of the 2nd place teams go into play offs.  So one team gets 2nd but misses out.  Any idea where our group is standing compared to the others?

I've looked at this pretty closely and as you can imagine there are numerous permutations however IF Scotland were to win the 3 matches and England beat Slovakia on Monday I would be very very confident that the 14 points (we lose the 6 against Malta) would see us into the play offs. Things have gone our way in many regards in the last round of fixtures and there could be more pivotal results over the next couple of days. 

Take Group A as one example. I think we can say with certainty France are going to win the group which leaves Sweden, Bulgaria and Holland fighting it out for 2nd place.

Taking off the points that the 3 countries have won against Luxembourg they are on the following points with 3 games to play:

Sweden 10pts

Bulgaria 9pts

Holland 4pts

Sweden play Holland away and Belarus away. They also play Luxembourg away which won't count towards 2nd. 

Bulgaria play France at home and Holland away. They also play Luxembourg away which won't count towards 2nd.

Holland play Bulgaria and Sweden at home and Belarus away.

So Sweden could reach 16pts if they were to win in both Holland and Belarus which would beat Scotland but its probably unlikely. Bulgaria would have to beat France and Holland to beat our 14pts and thats hugely unlikely. Holland can only reach 13pts with 3 wins which falls short of our 14pts. Basically if Holland beat Bulgaria (tomorrow) and Sweden at home and Scotland win our 3 matches / England beat Slovakia we would definitely be in the play offs. This is just one example. 

Group H is actually looking really good. As long as Belgium don't lose to either Greece or Bosnia us getting 14pts would beat anyone finishing 2nd in that group. 

You don't half get around. Where are you tonight??? :D

Stayed in Prague last night recovering. Got chucked out of pub at just before 2 am along with 4 Germans, one of whom was wearing a no.13 shirt. His name is Mueller Mueller. You couldn't make it up! He had to show me his identity card before I believed him.

Just left for Budapest by train. Still don't have a ticket for tonight's game against Portugal.

Riddley Walker

Big result for the Welsh if they hang on. They have the Republic at home last game which could be an absolute war. I still fancy Serbia to win the group so one of them in the play offs as well as Northern Ireland would make things interesting should we somehow pull it out of the bag. No doubt we'd draw Italy though if the miracle finish happened.

This is my worry. We're pretty much guaranteed to be unseeded so we've got a 1 in 4 chance. Typical Scotland etc. Etc.

Stayed in Prague last night recovering. Got chucked out of pub at just before 2 am along with 4 Germans, one of whom was wearing a no.13 shirt. His name is Mueller Mueller. You couldn't make it up! He had to show me his identity card before I believed him.

Just left for Budapest by train. Still don't have a ticket for tonight's game against Portugal.

Brilliant! Have fun...:)

Riddley Walker

Insert applause gif.

Not jealous at all.

Riddley Walker

Scotland really need to go for the jugular tomorrow night. 7 goals behind Slovakia in GD, there's every chance they'll lose by 2 or 3 against England, if we can give Malta another pumping and beat Slovakia, a draw could be enough in our final game.

By the same token if England beat Slovakia they're in a comfort zone when they play a motivated Slovenia, albeit its at Wembley and the Slovenians have done poorly when travelling to the big guns of Slovakia and Scotland. IF Slovenia were to pull off a shock, we'd go there for a winner take all if we beat Slovakia.

Seems like permutations for 2nd are endless in this group and none seem too far fetched.

Agree. Only downside is if Scotland, Slovakia and Slovenia all take points of each other then none of them will make play-offs eg if Scotland draw with both of them its game over for all of them except possibly Slovakia.

Archived