Buying NBA Tickets

David McCaig

David McCaig

I will be on honeymoon in New York on 5th November and me and Mrs McCaig are hoping to attend the NBA game between NY Knicks and Indiana Pacers.

Does anyone know the best source for buying tickets?

David McCaig

Cheers, individual match tickets don't seem to be on sale yet, but lots available through resale outlets.

Bridge of Djoum

I will be on honeymoon in New York on 5th November and me and Mrs McCaig are hoping to attend the NBA game between NY Knicks and Indiana Pacers.

Better off going to Brooklyn to see the Nets, mate. You'll get a game and a laugh at the same time!

Not quite the worst but not too far off it. I don't imagine it being difficult to get tickets for a Knicks/Pacers game. Knicks just suck badly and the Pacers are rebuilding so it's not a game that'll attract a massive crowd.

RustyRightPeg

Knicks are struggling at the moment so tickets shouldn't be too hard to get.

David McCaig

Cheers

The schedule was just released last week so the tickets wont be on sale for a few more weeks as they sell their season ticket and group packages first before single game tickets go on sale.  There will likely be a sign up email option so you can get a ticket alert and maybe even a presale code.  Despite the Knicks being poor it's still NYC and it's still Madison Square Garden so they won't be too cheap.  I usually get them no problem via Ticketmaster.com but there are also a lot of resale sites (season ticket holders put their tickets up there) and I've used StubHub and Ticketmaster Resale with no problems.

The secondary market is certainly one to keep an eye on as bargains can be had if you are willing to wait it out.  I've never been patient enough and always secured my ticket before travelling so always paid full price or above.

Not sure if the Knicks use the same system, but the Flash Seats app lets you buy tickets on the resale market for other teams (I used quite often for Houston Rockets).

Archived