August, 2027

martoon

Ten years from now, as the 2027/28 season begins, how will the landscape of football look?

Will national league's still exist in their current format? Will they be scaled back so the bigger clubs play as many European games as domestic? Or will Real, Barca, Man U...have departed altogether to play in a European wide super league.

How about Hearts: will we have added to our trophy haul?

Hibs: will they still have flair and play football that is the envy of the civilised world?

Seriously or for laughs, predict how the 2027/28 could play out.

Bazzas right boot

In my ongoing FM game.

We are 8 years through our 15 league titles and 13)15 trebles.

We can't make the Europa final tho, so unsure how the 6 ucl's in a row will go.

We did move to Murrayfield for half a season, while we built the 60k arena in my name.

We've also spent ?30m on a player.

I'll take that.

Celtic will have every trophy in Scotland bar maybe 3/4.

UCL more exclusive ( same teams from Europe each year), possibly opened up to the world ( wcl) as sky try and get in on the action in China, USA, India etc.

Ricardo Shillyshally

A Russian billionaire will invest in us and we will win the champions league 5 years before then.

What's going to happen in ten years time if I'm still here I will be delighted .until then I will settle for three points at Motherwell on sat

Lord Beni of Gorgie

How did it look 10 years ago.

Not much different except money escalates or evaporates depending on whether you follow a mega club or shit like Scottish football

Feeling optimistic tonight: some radical change to the entire setup in Scotland, the financial bubble in football to finally have popped and Hearts to be looking to acquire the old school and distillery land as we chase our third league title in that decade...

Bowmans_Boot

A European Super League for the elite, with B teams playing in their national leagues.

The Europa will be the CL for the lesser nations, but with far less money available. As a result, Celtic will be less wealthy than they are now.

How was it in 2007, 1997 or 1987?

Hearts huffing and puffing, Hibs duffing and huffing.

Same old. With more years of accumulated boredom.

Generally not all that much has changed between 2007 and 2017 in Scottish football (well in between there have been various high profile relegations, and promotions and the Hun being reincarnated but it's business as usual again) and I doubt all that much will change in the next 10 years. Celtic will still be utterly dominant and will have probably won the league every year between now and then. I'd say the rest of the league will be pretty competitive though and Hearts will pick up maybe one cup in that time.

Hopefully English football will have imploded under the pressure of its own excess.

Bowmans_Boot

Hearts: under Dougie Freedman we will have won the LC, SC and qualified for the EL group stages within 3 years.

Ten years from now, as the 2027/28 season begins, how will the landscape of football look?

Will national league's still exist in their current format? Will they be scaled back so the bigger clubs play as many European games as domestic? Or will Real, Barca, Man U...have departed altogether to play in a European wide super league.

Hibs: will they still have flair and play football that is the envy of the civilised world?

Hopefully, we will have a strong Aberdeen and Hibs a bit below us, but stronger than the other smaller teams. I'd also like to see the Dundee clubs getting 10k plus at home every game in a shared decent stadium. Falkirk and Dunfermline back up with completed stadia and decent crowds.

Hopefully Rangers are still in a complete state and crowds wane a bit.

For us, I'd want us to be closer to Celtic and further away from Aberdeen and Hibs behind us.

More money from a better TV deal, and a clear out at the SFA and SPFL.

Refs still cheating. oldfirm still embarrassing Scotland. This will still be infested with hobos and know it all armchair fans. I'll still be moaning. Beer will be more expensive. It will be like now but a bit worse.

rudi must stay

The transfer record will probably be close to a billion and China will be the best league in the world. As for Hearts and Scottish Football, it will be exactly the same as it is now: Celtic the best run club and everyone way behind them

Chinese sides dominate world football,  Real and Barca are mere feeder sides for the Chinese league.

The EPL bubble has well and truly burst and only the smaller, well run teams managed to avoid imploding.  Burnley and Huddersfield are again battling it out for the title.

In Scotland, Celtic are going for 17 in a row, while Rangers mark IV are making a ***** of getting out of the Championship, as Peter Houston at Falkirk proves he has Ranger's manager Barry the Bankrupt's number.

Hearts are perennial runners up, playing in our 26k seater stadium, technology having finally found a way to allow us to fill in the corners. Francis Albert is still not happy, with the stadium, FoH, or anything else for that matter.

Easter Road is now flats and East Mains a giant Lidl, after STF popped his clogs and his heirs decided they would rather not continue to see their inheritance being spunked away propping up Hibs.

Gorgie_Rules

Hard to say, but one thing for sure is that we'll have the most stable leadership at the club that we have had for decades until then. That ought to allow us to be a better run club which can work towards more sustained levels of success.

Scottish football will probably still be getting shafted by broadcasters and sponsorship in comparision to comparable leagues across Europe, hopefully sectarianism will move towards being a thing of the past, and further stamped out at Hearts.

With increased revenue streams from the new stand, the new youth set up and performance centre at Riccarton we'll be well placed imo.

Sexton Hardcastle

Rangers went bust again but are still the same entity.

Gary Locke has still not returned to a mangers role.

Thought Police

I'd hope a European Super League will have died a couple of years earlier after fans of Barcelona and Bayern Munich realised they don't actually like coming 5th

Killie will be bust and start again as a Sevco Killie in the Junior Leagues.

I've always felt that Killie are a failed experiment. The fans never came back. The idea must have been to build that stadium and spend some money, and the crowds would return. They win the Cup in 97 and the crowds never returned... unfortunately most of them spend their afternoons in Glasgow on match days. Kinda like the Dunfermline, it's sad to a once decent sized club scratching along and struggling to gain the interest from the fans who live nearby. I actually hate Rangers and Celtic for this sort of shit.

I've always felt that Killie are a failed experiment. The fans never came back. The idea must have been to build that stadium and spend some money, and the crowds would return. They win the Cup in 97 and the crowds never returned... unfortunately most of them spend their afternoons in Glasgow on match days. Kinda like the Dunfermline, it's sad to a once decent sized club scratching along and struggling to gain the interest from the fans who live nearby. I actually hate Rangers and Celtic for this sort of shit.

I get what you're saying and I also despise the OF but they don't force people to go and watch them. The fault lies with the idiots who have zero connection with Glasgow yet head to support an OF team every week when they have a club like Dunfermline or Killie on their doorstep. I was at Rugby Park last week and their fans were all great and they detest the OF, probably more than we do and for this very reason.

I get what you're saying and I also despise the OF but they don't force people to go and watch them. The fault lies with the idiots who have zero connection with Glasgow yet head to support an OF team every week when they have a club like Dunfermline or Killie on their doorstep. I was at Rugby Park last week and their fans were all great and they detest the OF, probably more than we do and for this very reason.

That's the people I meant, mate. I don't hate the clubs who suffer from it. I do hate Rangers and Celtic though.

But,but, how many hearts fans should be supporting there local team

Celtic will have been accepted into the English leagues then been killed off by being consistently demoted and never making any money whilst splunking it all on players that they can't afford and then come crawling back to the spfl, with their tail between their legs, which is flourishing without them.

At the same time we'll be onto zombies mark 3/4 but they're still allowed to play in the equivalent of the 3rd division because they finally gave up their stadium and other assets, they've moved to airdrie and became a joint club with them (just for irony).

The spfl decide they don't need Celtic and tell them to suck it up because they spent so long talking down the league and the clubs/ competition in it whilst always wanting to move south anyway. They also strip the original rangers of all tainted titles and wipe the record of the years they cheated.

Ann Budge has a powerful position amongst the board of the spfl and is also influential with the sfa and no chanting of any nature is allowed at the matches. Otherwise, everything is good and she's building a great infrastructure for the future.

Rod Petrie is caught fiddling figures in h1b5 accounts and the tax man takes them to court. They protest in the court that big bad fizzikel Hearts is poppy thieves though like say. They're given the chance to rectify things but need to ask their fans for money; fans they alienated by slating in the media for only following them when they think they'll win. The fans let them suffer and they follow the zombies path.

Aberdeen, Hearts, Motherwell, Dundee, Partick and Killie with the increased revenue without the gruesome brothers in the top flight are absolutely flourishing and have attendances of plus 30k each every other week. The top flight is also a league of 16 and each year the European coefficient grows so more teams get into the ucl and europa league.

The game is talked up by those in charge and the tv companies start bidding wars with each other for the product on show as well as advertising companies paying through the nose to get their names on the boards.

The English premier league starts wondering why they're receiving reduced revenue for a league that only 2 teams win for those 10 years and the Scottish leagues are receiving more tv money instead.

Clearly I shouldn't read threads like this whilst on the pan. It'll literally just be the same old cack for the next ten years that most non of supporters have just kind of gotten used too.

But,but, how many hearts fans should be supporting there local team

If everyone did, we would be much closer to the top and would win more things. We have kept a large support, this is not the case at smaller clubs who have been squeezed almost out of existence by the two bigoted behemoths from Glasgow.

Celtic will have been accepted into the English leagues then been killed off by being consistently demoted and never making any money whilst splunking it all on players that they can't afford and then come crawling back to the spfl, with their tail between their legs, which is flourishing without them.

At the same time we'll be onto zombies mark 3/4 but they're still allowed to play in the equivalent of the 3rd division because they finally gave up their stadium and other assets, they've moved to airdrie and became a joint club with them (just for irony).

The spfl decide they don't need Celtic and tell them to suck it up because they spent so long talking down the league and the clubs/ competition in it whilst always wanting to move south anyway. They also strip the original rangers of all tainted titles and wipe the record of the years they cheated.

Ann Budge has a powerful position amongst the board of the spfl and is also influential with the sfa and no chanting of any nature is allowed at the matches. Otherwise, everything is good and she's building a great infrastructure for the future.

Rod Petrie is caught fiddling figures in h1b5 accounts and the tax man takes them to court. They protest in the court that big bad fizzikel Hearts is poppy thieves though like say. They're given the chance to rectify things but need to ask their fans for money; fans they alienated by slating in the media for only following them when they think they'll win. The fans let them suffer and they follow the zombies path.

Aberdeen, Hearts, Motherwell, Dundee, Partick and Killie with the increased revenue without the gruesome brothers in the top flight are absolutely flourishing and have attendances of plus 30k each every other week. The top flight is also a league of 16 and each year the European coefficient grows so more teams get into the ucl and europa league.

The game is talked up by those in charge and the tv companies start bidding wars with each other for the product on show as well as advertising companies paying through the nose to get their names on the boards.

The English premier league starts wondering why they're receiving reduced revenue for a league that only 2 teams win for those 10 years and the Scottish leagues are receiving more tv money instead.

Clearly I shouldn't read threads like this whilst on the pan. It'll literally just be the same old cack for the next ten years that most non of supporters have just kind of gotten used too.

This made me lol.

If everyone did, we would be much closer to the top and would win more things. We have kept a large support, this is not the case at smaller clubs who have been squeezed almost out of existence by the two bigoted behemoths from Glasgow.

I totally agree with u,I was just making a small point.

I totally agree with u,I was just making a small point.

It's a valid point you made.

It's essentially capitalism in microcosm.

Bridge of Djoum

A certain Antipodean poster will finally hit his target of 190,000,000 posts. He will then become our divine overlord.

Meanwhile down Lochend. Hibs build a brand new 1800 seat stadium to replace the one they sold to cover Rod Petrie's legal costs after our he attacks our Champions League winning manager, Jack Hamilton.

by August 2037, the stadium is yet to sell out.

Would love to think the OF would be in some other league and we would be having big crowds and real excitement at clubs like Motherwell, Partick, Killie etc.

Hibs playing up a storm in the 2nd division and us fighting for 3 in a row.

Watt-Zeefuik

One SPFL league champions trophy will be in our display case. Don't know which year, but we'll have one.

Cathro will be back...

Apart from his blip at us as a head coach, he's been very successful his whole career. Of course he will be back, and he will go on to be very successful again. Doubt we will see any benefit from it though.

WheatfieldWarrior

Celtic will have received the 105th fine from Uefa for banners at European Games.

Neil Lennon to get so angry that he spontaneously combusts and burns Easter road to the ground.

Pedro who?

Kenny Miller still leading the line for Rangers.

Kris Boyd signs for his 7th spell at Kilmarnock.

Farmers autocare fit a second spare tyre to Garry O'Connor's midrift.

Statue of Robbie Nielson erected at Edinburgh Airport.

Donald Trump buys Rangers and rebrands them as Trump Soccer.

Stadium Signs in the Wheatfield continue to have the numbers backwards.

The 'guest curry' offered in the Wheatfield will be Rogan Josh.

Aberdeen will be ground-sharing at dens.

Mixu with have his own postcode.

St Mirren will still be in the lower leagues.

Cathro will be Managing Juventus.

French Ligue 1 clubs will still be considering a move for Djoum.

Craig Levein wins the Open at Gleneagles.

Stephen Muddie

That's the people I meant, mate. I don't hate the clubs who suffer from it. I do hate Rangers and Celtic though.

An economic zombie period where the only GDP growth comes from debt creation in financial centres decimates smaller towns and rural areas who now find productive work pays less than the dole. Kilmarnock's population reduces slightly to 38000.

Despite Edinburgh's population almost doubling as 400,000 yokels find work at Standard Life, in kilmarnock football is still proportionately better supported than in edinburgh.

Hibernian rejoice as they finally raise 100k

An economic zombie period where the only GDP growth comes from debt creation in financial centres decimates smaller towns and rural areas who now find productive work pays less than the dole. Kilmarnock's population reduces slightly to 38000.

Despite Edinburgh's population almost doubling as 400,000 yokels find work at Standard Life, in kilmarnock football is still proportionately better supported than in edinburgh.

Hibernian rejoice as they finally raise 100k

I am not happy with HMFC's stature or growth in relation to Edinburgh's. The difference is though, it's not something which threatens our existence. Kilmarnock used to be a big club, they no longer are, and relegation would possibly kill them. We can just about afford the youth of today being bigoted glory-hunting idiots. Kilmarnock or Dunfermline can not.

Stephen Muddie

I am not happy with HMFC's stature or growth in relation to Edinburgh's. The difference is though, it's not something which threatens our existence. Kilmarnock used to be a big club, they no longer are, and relegation would possibly kill them. We can just about afford the youth of today being bigoted glory-hunting idiots. Kilmarnock or Dunfermline can not.

Cool story bro but please stay on topic. It's the rules

Archived