Barcelona

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two people have reported to have been killed and dozens hurt after a van in Barcelona ploughed into pedestrians and two men entered a restaurant with guns. 

Police saying it's a terrorist attack and that there are reports that two men have entered a restaurant (presumably in the Las Ramblas area)

Reports that 2 people have been killed.

Having been in this street, I know it can get extremely busy.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Really busy street. Was jam packed when I was last there. Looks really bad... Hopefully the death count is low

The saddest thing about these terror attacks is  that's the natural reaction we often have when we hear of one. Not having a go at you because I tend to react that way myself but whether 10, 100 or 1000 people die its just as tragic.

According to Spanish TV, the man in the restaurant is armed with an "arma larga", i.e., a rifle or shotgun.

Sexton Hardcastle

Took about 7 minutes for the usual cretins like Hopkins and co to take to twitter.

Pathetic *****.

Seen a clip on Twitter...scummy ******* videoing folk lying all over pavement rather than help.....sure couple days it be forgot about

Ibrahim Tall

I know it's a cliche, but It's scary to think I was in that exact spot in Barcelona only last month with the wife and kids.

Don't think anywhere in Europe is safe at the moment but Barcelona felt a bit more 'relaxed' and 'safer' than most.

Confirmed terrorist incident, fatalities.... At least 2 possibly more.

Was there 3 years ago in las ramblas.... Extremely busy area, for tourism..

So many targets for them to kill folk.....

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Took about 7 minutes for the usual cretins like Hopkins and co to take to twitter.

Pathetic *****.

If people stopped doing this shit then the dregs like her would have nothing to go on about

I know it's a cliche, but It's scary to think I was in that exact spot in Barcelona only last month with the wife and kids.

Don't think anywhere in Europe is safe at the moment but Barcelona felt a bit more 'relaxed' and 'safer' than most.

Yes, Barcelona a gives over that relaxed atmosphere.... It joins the list of targets over the last decade or so....

Pathetic *****.

I find the fact Islamic fundamentalists are driving vechlies in to innocent civilians, blowing up concerts full of kids, shooting people in cities, stabbing people to death etc, far more pathetic and worthy of comment.

But hey, that's just me.

I find the fact Islamic fundamentalists are driving vechlies in to innocent civilians, blowing up concerts full of kids, shooting people in cities, stabbing people to death etc, far more pathetic and worthy of comment.

But hey, that's just me.

:spoton: Imagine seeing of a terrorist attack (as it's being allegedly treated) and then your first reaction is to criticise people who call it out.

But muh mean tweets an comments an aw eh?

:spoton: Imagine seeing of a terrorist attack (as it's being allegedly treated) and then your first reaction is to criticise people who call it out.

But muh mean tweets an comments an aw eh?

It really is incredible. Strange stuff mate.

Social media right now will be full of SJW's trying to show everyone just how nice a person they are. Cringey.

Very hard to defend against hired vehicles being driven down public streets and into pedestrians. 

Pedestrian areas need to be properly bollarded off (as they have been in major cities in the UK after the Westminster and Borough Market attacks). Edinburgh's High Street has new anti-terror bollards on it now.

There's still only so much infrastructure that can be put in place to keep people safe without turning cities into fortresses.

Cowardly scum who did this deserve everything coming to them.

Very hard to defend against hired vehicles being driven down public streets and into pedestrians.

Pedestrian areas need to be properly bollarded off (as they have been in major cities in the UK after the Westminster and Borough Market attacks). Edinburgh's High Street has new anti-terror bollards on it now.

There's still only so much infrastructure that can be put in place to keep people safe without turning cities into fortresses.

Cowardly scum who did this deserve everything coming to them.

On a side-note is it true that the new Main Stand will have similar kinds of bollards or barriers?

Pathetic *****.

I know. They are far worse than the people doing the actual killings.

Becoming more and more worried that something like this could occur in Edinburgh.

Its more a matter of when and not if sadly

Its more a matter of when and not if sadly

Actually I think Edinburgh is somewhat safe in the sense that terrorists would rather attempt an attack in England for maximum effect, an attack on Scotland wouldn't have the same effect.

Actually I think Edinburgh is somewhat safe in the sense that terrorists would rather attempt an attack in England for maximum effect, an attack on Scotland wouldn't have the same effect.

Edinburgh would be a massive target, especially during the festival. Im not sure these terrorists are fussed about where they do it anymore. AL Qaeda were but ISIS nah

fabienleclerq

Pathetic *****.

Yeah morons opinions are worse than terror attacks. Plum.

It would right now, the centre of town is absolutely Hoatchin' of tourists. Extremely surprised it hasn't been targeted.

They already have (Glasgow Airport).

There have also been attacks in Belgium, the Netherlands and Denmark. The area of Belgium is about equal to the area of Highland Region.

zoltan socrates

A world heritage site that also houses a premier league team with close military ties?

Rip those poor *******s that have demised, another city, another vigil, another monument lit up, no change

Someone is not doing their job and we would be foolish to think the scenes in the usa cannot happen here

We all hope not im sure, but im not confident about todays society, 'lest we forget' means ****all to people these days

They already have (Glasgow Airport).

There have also been attacks in Belgium, the Netherlands and Denmark. The area of Belgium is about equal to the area of Highland Region.

Missed the Glasgow attack by a few hours. Was standing, with the kids in buggies, at the same spot the car went into the building. Watched the news coming in sitting in my hotel in Paris. Kids were too young to understand, obviously, but I was in a bit of a state.

Sheer luck....and that seems to be it these days with this style of attack. Impossible to stop really. Terrible and horrible.

Governor Tarkin

But hey, that's just me.

You are of course correct.

That Hopkins bursd is a cretin, though.

Governor Tarkin

13 may be incorrect according to latest. Maybe much lower.

I ******* hope so.

If anyone wants to have an insight to the bigger picture in all this, Douglas Murray's 'The Strange Death of Europe' reads like a classic of our times.

Van runs down shit load of folk one or the most beautiful cities in Europe if not the world and people want to see them moan about Katie ****ing who? :lol: reality check needed!

Pathetic *****.

Don't worry. The usual cretins like Owen Jones will be on tweeting about what a great night they are having anyway shortly.

Don't worry. The usual cretins like Owen Jones will be on tweeting about what a great night they are having anyway shortly.

Who?

Can relate to this, as I was in Venice at the end of June, a week or so before I went out, I learnt that the Italian Police had broke up an ISIS cell in May, who where planning an attack in Venice.

Barcelona did feel safe, however later at night at the Magic Fountain Show, it was absolutly packed, and I did think if someone had a backpack, utter carnage could ensue, as I didn't see any obvious security.

But as you say, where is safe anymore, it could be here or there or over there tomorrow, won't stop me from travelling though.

They're certainly looking for perps. Lots of armed police moving around tactically.

Understandable.. There have been secondary incidents, armed perpetrators then reverting to shooting in the past..

Driss Oukabir is the arrested person. North African.

Meanwhile NGOs continue to provide a taxi service over to Spain for overwhelmingly eco migrants. Lampadusa mayor told a story of how one of them is actually lending boats directly to the traffickers to avoid the of shore sea rescue hassle.

From a sociological level it's an absolutely incredible and unprecedented phenomenon - the now instinctive suicidal tendencies of the west.

Archived