Randall

51john51

I'm going to be highly controversial here, but I'll give him more than one game before writing him off!  

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

It is a wee bit weird. First time round under Levein we often went for strong, athletic types - it's when the big, physical Hearts stuff started. But now it's like we're actually targeting guys who are slow and unimposing. 

Have to say it, this guy looks distinctly ordinary. Now before people start saying, give the guy a chance FFS, I fully accept poor performances for a few games as he settles in. The trouble is, he is rediculously slow and terrible in the air which will not change as he becomes accustomed to his surroundings. The game also just passed him by today. He is genuinely slower than Martin.

According to Cathro he was supposed to be an all action, high tempo player. It looks like something else Cathro got wrong.

Or team really lacks pace with him or Martin in it.

I was at the match also, I though the pace of the game was slower in general mainly due to a (dead) surface, and a very unpredictable bounce. All about opinions, but sorry mate, far from ridiculously slow thought he put in an honest shift given it was his first start on a hideous playing surface. I don't remember one bad pass from the lad.

The lads just in the door.... At least he's not like Hopkirk, deceased...

The older contributors will get this. :)

Lol! Every time I see his name Hopkirk comes into my mind.

Central Belt 1874

I was at the match also, I though the pace of the game was slower in general mainly due to a (dead) surface, and a very unpredictable bounce. All about opinions, but sorry mate, far from ridiculously slow thought he put in an honest shift given it was his first start on a hideous playing surface. I don't remember one bad pass from the lad.

I also felt he had a good game yesterday. However he did slow up midway through the second half, which could have been due to his fitness or the playing surface. At times during the game we could have done with him pushing further forward as we sat back quite a bit. Let's see how he's playing when we get a new manager in.

Not having this one. Was impressed with his work rate and done a lot of work off the ball holding his position well. Solid debut! Not like Hearts fans to write him off after one game though eh.

Listening to hearts.tv he seemed to have had a fairly reasonable game yesterday.

Early days so I'll say straight away I wouldn't write him off but personally thought he wasn't any great shakes.

He is damn slow and his control of the ball all but stopped an attack at one point. On the other hand I've seen a lot of people say they thought he played well so maybe I'm talkin mince.

Definitely needs to be given time before we judge properly. Played on a crap surface which may not have helped him.

Can't disagree with this. Was somewhat underwhelmed but give the guy a bit of time to get fully match fit and see him on grass.

It might have helped as I mentioned on another post if him and Cowie had been swapped as he has played as an attacking right wing back for Liverpool and Cowie is not a wide right player.

portobellojambo1

He did make one or two mistakes which gave possession to Kilmarnock in dangerous areas, but he wasn't disastrous. Glad to see that as a young lad he retains his principles . He was to be interviewed after the game and before the interview started he asked if there were any journalists in the room from The Sun. One put his hand up and Connor ordered him to leave before he would begin speaking.

He did make one or two mistakes which gave possession to Kilmarnock in dangerous areas, but he wasn't disastrous. Glad to see that as a young lad he retains his principles . He was to be interviewed after the game and before the interview started he asked if there were any journalists in the room from The Sun. One put his hand up and Connor ordered him to leave before he would begin speaking.

Good to hear. Hound those people.

Can't disagree with this. Was somewhat underwhelmed but give the guy a bit of time to get fully match fit and see him on grass.

It might have helped as I mentioned on another post if him and Cowie had been swapped as he has played as an attacking right wing back for Liverpool and Cowie is not a wide right player.

Anyone who has ever played on a plastic pitch will know how shite it is. Should improve on grass.

That is not what happened at all, the journalist from the sun confirmed this did not happened.

I'm going to be highly controversial here, but I'll give him more than one game before writing him off!  

How dare you show common sense on this board

August Landmesser

That is not what happened at all, the journalist from the sun confirmed this did not happened.

Ah well, if a journalist from the Sun said it, then it must be true.

**** the Sun, dirty little shitrag that it is.

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk

Bazzas right boot

Proof that some Hearts fans are truly arseholes

Give the lad more than one game you dicks

Aye, aye.

He looks to me like he could fulfill a Neil berry type role, not much flare to him but could break up play and a lot of energy, know better after a decent run of games.

alwaysthereinspirit

Curious how this false story about The Sun came out

I already told my wife about it so it happened as of that moment. It sounds like a good story.

I think incorrect information is what got that disgusting rag into trouble in the first place...

portobellojambo1

Curious how this false story about The Sun came out

This is where I picked it up from, via a friend.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/news/liverpool-loanee-connor-randall-kicks-a-sun-reporter-out-of-his-hearts-presser/

If a Sun journalist is now denying this happened it is then a choice of whether or not anyone with brain cells would believe a word that anyone who is so low they would associate themselves with The Sun says.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/news/liverpool-loanee-connor-randall-kicks-a-sun-reporter-out-of-his-hearts-presser/

If a Sun journalist is now denying this happened it is then a choice of whether or not anyone with brain cells would believe a word that anyone who is so low they would associate themselves with The Sun says.

Think it's also been confirmed by Hearts press

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Proof that some Hearts fans are truly arseholes

Give the lad more than one game you dicks

not a hope in hell the OP is a Hearts fan

Been playing fullback at Liverpool - changes position, in a new team, in an away match, on a crap plastic pitch -we won the game!!! and the OP is having a go????

He obviously has not seen a lot of the team over the years,there have been a few lacking in pace who have done pretty well. A good football brain can make up for a lot.

Liverpool are keeping him on their books but obviously Klopp not as astute as the OP.

not a hope in hell the OP is a Hearts fan

You've really thought about this haven't you.

I suppose I must be a Killie fan then, as why else would I be commenting on events at Rugby Park and then spending time on here.

Those of us who have actually gone to the game are clearly in a better position to offer an opinion, good or bad, than those who haven't even bothered.

Assuming you ever go to games, why don't you make up your own mind, if and when you see him. Perhaps he will magically gain some pace in the interim.

Been playing fullback at Liverpool - changes position, in a new team, in an away match, on a crap plastic pitch -we won the game!!! and the OP is having a go????

He obviously has not seen a lot of the team over the years,there have been a few lacking in pace who have done pretty well. A good football brain can make up for a lot.

Liverpool are keeping him on their books but obviously Klopp not as astute as the OP.

Been watching Hearts since the mid 70's.

Klopp was also not at yesterday's game and he will clearly already know about his lack of pace.

When Hearts loan players out to smaller teams most never make when they come back to our level. Liverpool are simply doing the same thing with us. I will be astonished if Randall is deemed quick enough for the Premiership when they are only employing the elite.

In terms of Hearts, the problem is, we now have Grezlak, Martin and Randall who are really slow. When you play more than one in the same team it is a disaster waiting to happen.

Yesterday Killie were absolutely abysmal, yet on several occasions we got caught out for pace, 1 on 1, including with Randall.

One of my friends is big Liverpool fan, when I described the type of player that Cathro had described him in the press he laughed in my face.  He's found his level in Scotland, will be an adequate cover for right back/midfield but we aren't going to be creating too much with him Grzelak in our midfield.  Feel like i'm guilty of cutting players more slack when they come from the EPL, remember doing the same with Danny Wilson when he had some awful games, told myself it was just a one off as he was Danny Wilson, ex Liverpool Rangers and Scotland centre half but in reality he was pretty bang average.

Been watching Hearts since the mid 70's.

Klopp was also not at yesterday's game and he will clearly already know about his lack of pace.

When Hearts loan players out to smaller teams most never make when they come back to our level. Liverpool are simply doing the same thing with us. I will be astonished if Randall is deemed quick enough for the Premiership when they are only employing the elite.

In terms of Hearts, the problem is, we now have Grezlak, Martin and Randall who are really slow. When you play more than one in the same team it is a disaster waiting to happen.

Yesterday Killie were absolutely abysmal, yet on several occasions we got caught out for pace, 1 on 1, including with Randall.

We're absolutely crying out for a bit of pace and this Randall guy is hopeless. You are spot on but folk won't want to hear it so you're a Hibs fan I'm afraid.

We're absolutely crying out for a bit of pace and this Randall guy is hopeless. You are spot on but folk won't want to hear it so you're a Hibs fan I'm afraid.

Your willing to call a player hopeless after one start?

Randall is ,just like i said before, is a right back who isn't that good. Why we wanted him on loan is a mystery that only Craig Levein can answer.

i wish jj was my dad

Warming to the guy already.

i wish jj was my dad

Randall is ,just like i said before, is a right back who isn't that good. Why we wanted him on loan is a mystery that only Craig Levein can answer.

You're trolling is too obvious now.

Your willing to call a player hopeless after one start?

Yes. I don't think you need to watch a guy play umpteen times to see he hasn't got much to offer. He's the type of player that could blend in and do a job with better players around him but he just adds to the list of slow, uncreative, dull as dishwater midfielders we already have.

Seems people want a MDV impact debut from new players nowadays - give him a chance FFS

Pathetic. If the board adopted your attitude, Pressley and Hartley, to name but two, would have been spending their better playing years elsewhere.

No they wouldn't, it's my opinion and I think he's rubbish.

No player can be judged on one appearance. However, adding another Bauben/Cowie type is not what we desperately require.

Phil Turnbull confirmed on Twitter that Connor Randall asked that he didn't speak to The Sun. Said it was respected and there was "no drama".

I like Randall but he is a natural right back. Needs to be coached. Not a holding midfielder. Has a good future ahead of him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're trolling is too obvious now.

listen i like many of the players we've signed this summer although we stil need a keeper, 2 midfielders and a winger but this lad Randall is solely a right back which we have already have 2 who are very good players. Time will tell but this lad will need loads of coaching for a midfield slot in our team.

listen i like many of the players we've signed this summer although we stil need a keeper, 2 midfielders and a winger but this lad Randall is solely a right back which we have already have 2 who are very good players. Time will tell but this lad will need loads of coaching for a midfield slot in our team.

Which is exactly why I thought he and Cowie should have swapped positions.

Archived