Randall

51john51

Have to say it, this guy looks distinctly ordinary. Now before people start saying, give the guy a chance FFS, I fully accept poor performances for a few games as he settles in. The trouble is, he is rediculously slow and terrible in the air which will not change as he becomes accustomed to his surroundings. The game also just passed him by today. He is genuinely slower than Martin.

According to Cathro he was supposed to be an all action, high tempo player. It looks like something else Cathro got wrong.

Or team really lacks pace with him or Martin in it.

Though he was good today, won plenty of tackles and rarely gave the ball away when he had it. No one could fault his effort today

Early days so I'll say straight away I wouldn't write him off but personally thought he wasn't any great shakes.

He is damn slow and his control of the ball all but stopped an attack at one point. On the other hand I've seen a lot of people say they thought he played well so maybe I'm talkin mince.

Definitely needs to be given time before we judge properly. Played on a crap surface which may not have helped him.

Not having this one. Was impressed with his work rate and done a lot of work off the ball holding his position well. Solid debut! Not like Hearts fans to write him off after one game though eh.

Not having this one. Was impressed with his work rate and done a lot of work off the ball holding his position well. Solid debut! Not like Hearts fans to write him off after one game though eh.

You are kidding right.

You are even using the old classic, the work he did of the ball. He simply wasn't in it and actually got in the way of a couple of attacks.

It's amazing how we all see games differently.

One thing is for sure, any team with quick players in it will tear us a new one, with players like Randall in it.

Jambof3tornado

Thought he looked classy at times then ordinary at others.

Not sure what sort of midfielder he is.

Time yet to win us over.

You are kidding right.

You are even using the old classic, the work he did of the ball. He simply wasn't in it and actually got in the way of a couple of attacks.

It's amazing how we all see games differently.

One thing is for sure, any team with quick players in it will tear us a new one, with players like Randall in it.

He has played one match in which we won and you've started a thread slagging him off. I'll reserve full judgement on him until I've seen him play a good few more games.

He has played one match in which we won and you've started a thread slagging him off. I'll reserve full judgement on him until I've seen him play a good few more games.

As I said in my original post, I fully accept people need time to get up to speed in new surroundings. The trouble is he is seriously slow which will not change and caught out for pace a couple of times today. He was constantly looking over at the bench today expecting to be taken off.

Is players like this that allow quick teams like St Johnston to run all over us.

If you think Randall is ordinary, what on earth must you think of Grezlak.

I would be happier if he had more ability but I do think he is more suited to Scottish football. He's pretty robust which is good and he actually looked better when he moved to left back later in the game today. His lack of pace is also a worry but he is clearly more of a competitor.

yabadabadoo1874again

Fairly anonymous today...in contrast our centre defence pairing put in a decent shift...!!!

Jambof3tornado

Fairly anonymous today...in contrast our centre defence pairing put in a decent shift...!!!

Berra in the last 5 minutes was immense.

I would be happier if he had more ability but I do think he is more suited to Scottish football. He's pretty robust which is good and he actually looked better when he moved to left back later in the game today. His lack of pace is also a worry but he is clearly more of a competitor.

Probably looked better at fullback as is that not his more natural position

I agree with the OP.

Seen nothing of him to make me think he deserves a chance ahead of one of our own youngsters.

Just doesn't add enough to the team.

Maybe he needs to gain some confidence but the game passed him by today.

upgotheheads

Thought he had a good game. Not the silkiest but got up and down the left side very effectively and caused them problems. Looks like he has a good engine as they say, might be good as a box to box midfielder.

Thought grezlak had a good game. Not the silkiest but got up and down the left side very effectively and caused them problems. Looks like he has a good engine (as they say), might be good as a box to box midfielder.

The lads just in the door.... At least he's not like Hopkirk, deceased...

The older contributors will get this. :)

Thought grezlak had a good game. Not the silkiest but got up and down the left side very effectively and caused them problems. Looks like he has a good engine (as they say), might be good as a box to box midfielder.

We'll agree to disagree. I thought he was awful and he certainly doesn't strike me as a box to box midfielder.

First competitive start.

Maybe a little nervous? pace of the game catching him out a little?

I'd hate it if my manager or fans wanted to judge me after 1 match.

I'm sure he'll feel better tonight having started and will be looking forward to another start in a different type of game to show more of himself.

First competitive start.

Maybe a little nervous? pace of the game catching him out a little?

I'd hate it if my manager or fans wanted to judge me after 1 match.

I'm sure he'll feel better tonight having started and will be looking forward to another start in a different type of game to show more of himself.

The trouble is, all the games are like this in Scotland and are all about pace and aggression. Nervous or not he's not quick enough.

We need better.

The lads just in the door.... At least he's not like Hopkirk, deceased...

The older contributors will get this. :)

Huey, Randall & Hopkirk deceased was my first intro into "grown-up" TV - loved it ;)

Hilary Briss

FFS, some of comments on this thread are unreal. Its his first start in a new league on a shitty plastic pitch.......give the lad some time.

Apart from anything else, from what I heard he did okay, but regardless - to write him off after one game is mental. 

Nucky Thompson

Writing the boy off after one game :uhoh2:

Social media has a lot to answer for

At least you only had to put up with bams at the game for 90 minutes in the past

alanthejambo

The guy was fine today. Nothing spectacular. Some absolute shite written by some posters on here

This place is awful. He was 50/50. Some great first touches, some not very good. He was actually back winning his headers towards the end of the match though so not sure what the OP was watching. Honestly thought I was going to open this thread to see "good to get 90 minutes under his belt", "solid if unspectacular start", but I should have remembered what this place is like.

The guy was fine today. Nothing spectacular. Some absolute shite written by some posters on here

:D perfect timing, your post should have been the OP!

Kicked a sun reporter out in his first presser? Balls on the lad :D Good on him.

I wish we would ban the daily record.

Captain America

Just seen Kenny Millar on Twitter from the Sun has said it didn't happen and the Hearts boys ( I assume he means Hearts media) can vouch for it. 

Threads like this make you wonder if fan ownership is a good idea. Some absolute zoomers amongst our "support"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

give him time maybe he needs to get fitter

thats what we have been saying about the last 20 odd signings that have went tits up

i am sure he will come good though eh

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

yabadabadoo1874again

Berra in the last 5 minutes was immense.

Throwing himself around on that plastic pitch...what a leader!!! Looks a tremendous inspired signing.

Jambof3tornado

Throwing himself around on that plastic pitch...what a leader!!! Looks a tremendous inspired signing.

The kind of player soapy and brandon etc can learn so much from.

Threads like this make you wonder if fan ownership is a good idea. Some absolute zoomers amongst our "support"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely bang on. What was he meant to have done wrong? :rofl:

Expect nothing less.

I don't know why but when I think of Berra , one of his last tackles in his first spell springs to mind.

It was a thunderous full body block in the box as we were under pressure. You heard the lot. Ball booming out the box and the crunch of shinpad plastic! Not long after he was away to Wolves.

Must've been a deal clincher! :D

Have to say it, this guy looks distinctly ordinary. Now before people start saying, give the guy a chance FFS, I fully accept poor performances for a few games as he settles in. The trouble is, he is rediculously slow and terrible in the air which will not change as he becomes accustomed to his surroundings. The game also just passed him by today. He is genuinely slower than Martin.

According to Cathro he was supposed to be an all action, high tempo player. It looks like something else Cathro got wrong.

Is he slow or did he just look slow today because of the nature of the game?

Reading up on him he's highly rated at Liverpool as someone who can fit into Klopp's attacking, energetic, pressing football style. Slow is not a characteristic that you'd think would put him in that position.

A more considered view of him here: https://www.thisisanfield.com/2015/10/connor-randall-profiling-academy-full-back-jurgen-klopps-first-team-plans/

Jambof3tornado

Reading up on him he's highly rated at Liverpool as someone who can fit into Klopp's attacking, energetic, pressing football style. Slow is not a characteristic that you'd think would put him in that position.

A more considered view of him here: https://www.thisisanfield.com/2015/10/connor-randall-profiling-academy-full-back-jurgen-klopps-first-team-plans/

I think if he gets 6 back to back starts we see the real player.

Slow! Slow you say! I am no Levein hater but does he realise we have probably the slowest team in the league? Does he ever look to recruit someone with any pace. It was the same when he was the manager here, his teams had strong attributes but never had pace. Starting to really annoy me now.

A more considered view of him here: https://www.thisisanfield.com/2015/10/connor-randall-profiling-academy-full-back-jurgen-klopps-first-team-plans/

You can only ever base things on what you see, and he is genuinely slow and not that physical either.

Based on his lack of pace, he has absolutely no chance of making it at Liverpool or the Premiership. To be honest, I will now be very surprised if he makes it here either.

Judge for yourself when you see him.

Not wishing to be negative after a positive result but Grezlak had a poor game today. Dreadfull passing and continuosly overhitting into empty space. We have not had a decent left sided player in the team for two years. Our recruitment in that area has been a disgrace.

Jambof3tornado

Not wishing to be negative after a positive result but Grezlak had a poor game today. Dreadfull passing and continuosly overhitting into empty space. We have not had a decent left sided player in the team for two years. Our recruitment in that area has been a disgrace.

Hitting it into empty spaces on the few occasions he actually got the ball beyond his marker!

Archived