That pitch today

mellors1874

Spoke with a few of the squad after the game and they all said that's the worst surface theve played on

Looks like a really cheap pitch and the bounce of the ball reminded of Scotland v Cyprus in 89

chester copperpot

How the feck do we allow what's effectively astroturf in the top flight of a league is beyond me.

I get it helps the club's bring in additional income through rentals rtf but for me, a top club does not play on a synthetic pitch.

I know the advances in technology have been great these past decade or so, however having played and trained teams on synthetic pitches, I don't like them.

Hamilton and Kilmarnock to be relegated plz.

Don't Hamilton go to them next week?Do you think you will be saying that after that game.

Bazzas right boot

A good astro is better than the tattie fields we'll see in winter.

However old or cheap versions are shite and shouldn't be allowed in the top tier.

If they are to be allowed they should be one of the latest versions.

Don't Hamilton go to them next week?Do you think you will be saying that after that game.

Eh? 

I hate the plastic pitches and want the teams that have them relegated, pronto.

Eh? 

I hate the plastic pitches and want the teams that have them relegated, pronto.

Totally agree

How the feck do we allow what's effectively astroturf in the top flight of a league is beyond me.

I get it helps the club's bring in additional income through rentals rtf but for me, a top club does not play on a synthetic pitch.

I know the advances in technology have been great these past decade or so, however having played and trained teams on synthetic pitches, I don't like them.

Spot on. Embarrassing these are allowed in the top flight.

stirlingshirejambo

Looked like the pitch had been narrowed and shortened to give teams less space to play as they lump it from blogger centre halfs to cloggers strikers

Hope they go down

Hybrid pitches seem to be the answer, isnt Tynecastle getting one?

It has been put back a bit I think we announced since we relaid the grass last season.

There was a lot of bounce on that pitch today so I'm not surprised to hear players complain.

Truth is however, last season Tynecastle was pretty much like a ploughed field until we replaced it.

Even the Killie players struggled on it.

It's is an absolute embarrassment that that pitch is allowed in top flight football.

There was a lot of bounce on that pitch today so I'm not surprised to hear players complain.

Truth is however, last season Tynecastle was pretty much like a ploughed field until we replaced it.

And we were better on the ploughed field.

Jambof3tornado

Looked like the pitch had been narrowed and shortened to give teams less space to play as they lump it from blogger centre halfs to cloggers strikers

Hope they go down

Noticed that too.

I'm not against them as such but there must be minimum quality standards put in place for top flight use.

alanthejambo

The pitch was terrible. Bouncing too high. Sometimes running too fast. Didn't help they only watered the middle bit. Great to train on with our climate. No good for top class matches

A good astro is better than the tattie fields we'll see in winter.

However old or cheap versions are shite and shouldn't be allowed in the top tier.

If they are to be allowed they should be one of the latest versions.

Though Motherwell, Partick, Dundee and Hearts all have new pitches. Rangers and Celtic always good. Think St Johnstone might have had work on pitch too. Maybe just Hibs, Aberdeen and Ross County?

August Landmesser

Just watching the highlights on that laddie's vlog, did the ball stick on the pitch a bit causing Lafferty's fresh-air kick?

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk

3fingersreid

I watched my daughter play for the Hearts ladies there back in May and was able to walk on the pitch , it's absolutely shocking , especially as it's used in top flight Scottish football

If we have to use plastic pitches it really should be the best available surface and replaced at least once a year to keep up a standard

It looks awful with that shinny plastic sheen that it has. players studs stick on it as happened to Randal more than once .you can understand why certain players can't play on it which is an unfair advantage to the two teams that have it

Hope they go down

Lee Clark did that for the play off with Falkirk or earlier in season

Howdy Doody Jambo

Murrayfield should be interesting isn't it a hybrid think the sru spent big bucks on a new surface think it was last used for Robbie Williams though should be in condition although don't know if it's blade of grass will be kept longer for rugby matches in the autumn

Murrayfield should be interesting isn't it a hybrid think the sru spent big bucks on a new surface think it was last used for Robbie Williams though should be in condition although don't know if it's blade of grass will be kept longer for rugby matches in the autumn

Seymour M Hersh

Exactly how much do they make do you reckon? Can't be more than a few k every year. Have to wonder if it's really the reason they want the plastic crap. GFA/SPFL shouldn't allow it in the top league.

kingantti1874

Hamilton and Kilmarnock to be relegated plz.

Yep with Utd and Inverness aback up.. would improve the league.. Falkirk also have a shitty plastic pitch

Itvelreally doesnaffevt he quality of football on display.

As mentioned, they only watered the middle of the pitch so some balls which should have skidded miles out of play actually stayed in if they bounced close to the touch line.

I've rarely seen a good game on astro and it really shouldn't be allowed in the top league.

The Apprentice

Lee Clark did that for the play off with Falkirk or earlier in season

Yeah if I remember right it was just after Aberdeen spanked them at Rugby Park and Clark said the big pitch was a disadvantage as he had such a young side or something so it was narrowed. Just looks really odd now.

Bazzas right boot

Though Motherwell, Partick, Dundee and Hearts all have new pitches. Rangers and Celtic always good. Think St Johnstone might have had work on pitch too. Maybe just Hibs, Aberdeen and Ross County?

A good grass pitch is best or the new hybrid's no doubt.

A poor grass pitch is awful, tho.

Anyone using a artificial surface Should need to have one of the latest versions, killie's even looks shite.

Football is a grass sport. End of.

In certain drastic situations, Astro can be allowed but no team should play on 4G permanently.

Bazzas right boot

A hybrid is only around 5%-10% plastic tho, if that.

It's the science behind it that is the good part.

Dallas Green

Looks like a shiny piece of green shite.

Infact, looks like it's made of the same material as hibs top.

So, a shiny piece of green shite.

I don't like watching games on them it's like watching a different sport.

They should not be allowed in the top flight.

3G pitches are better than some of the shite grass surfaces we have to endure in winter, however, 3G pitches need to be maintained to be kept in top condition and some clubs simply don't do that, they install them and then leave them without maintenance.

Whether that's the case with Rugby Park I don't know.    Scotland are about to play Lithuania on a 3G in Vilnius, they're not going to be banned from anywhere.

These surfaces have no place in top flight football.

Just horrible!!!!

Jambof3tornado

Falkirks pitch seems ok.

Alloa's was terrible,might still be unless Mr Mulraney has coughed up some pennies for a refit!

A good grass pitch is best or the new hybrid's no doubt.

A poor grass pitch is awful, tho.

Anyone using a artificial surface Should need to have one of the latest versions, killie's even looks shite.

Hybrid seems to be a sensible way forward, has the feel of a grass pitch, but more durable.

Our pitch was dreadful last season until we properly relaid it and sorted out the undersoil.  It has looked great recently, and will benefit from us not playing on it for a couple of  months of the new season.  However, we're going to have a big run of home games in the second quarter, which could take it's toll, especially as the weather starts to deteriorate.  If it manages to hold up well over this season, then we maybe won't need to install the hybrid pitch that we were planning to do.

Archived