Cancelling of direct debits.

The Old Tolbooth

The Old Tolbooth

I've seen on my Facebook four separate people cancelling their direct debits today as a protest against what's going on at the club, some seriously heavy hitters as well who go home and away every week, if people like these fans are cancelling direct debits, then it sends out a serious message to the club as they see it as the only way the club will listen.

What are people's thoughts on this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SwindonJambo

I'm not cancelling mine. It's the main way I support the club as I only get to a handful of games a season. I think it would be idiotic and counter productive. A case of cutting off your nose to spite your face of ever there was one.

FoH appoint Directors to represent the fans. Said Directors need to speak up for the fans.

letsalllaughathobos

I wouldn't but I can fully understand people's frustration with the current situation,

Each to there own as it seems the only way Ann will listen is to pull cash as she only seems to care about the "money" side of things,

Just says the football department is Craig's

Any talk of cancelling direct debits to hurt the club as a protest against Cathro is shan chat and misguided in the extreme.

There are other ways of protesting, and of communicating your feelings to the club, which cause less hurt to the club itself.

Independence

Pathetic. It's bullying. This has nothing to do with FoH! I doubt those who are stating they are cancelling are contributors! It is social media at its worse!

Its misguided but if the fans had a way of channelling the anger so the club would recognise it they probably wouldn't. The foundation relies on the good will of the fans, at present the club is spending a lot of that good will through Cathros failings.

To be in this situation before the seasons even started is ****ing horrifying.

I've seen on my Facebook four separate people cancelling their direct debits today as a protest against what's going on at the club, some seriously heavy hitters as well who go home and away every week, if people like these fans are cancelling direct debits, then it sends out a serious message to the club as they see it as the only way the club will listen.

I will continue to pledge because Heart of Midlothian will be around a lot longer than Ian Cathro. 

manaliveits105

Not happening and anybody who thinks it would be a good protest idea is a half wit  .

Still it will start a thread on sisterfister.net for the imbeciles to pleasure themselves 

FTH

Understandable but it is totally the wrong thing to do.

It's not understandable. We have a stand to pay for and no access to bank loans.

Stupid ***** (not you them)

First of all facebook !!!!!!!!!!.....that well known source of true information

Secondly if they have maybe we can ask them just how that helps and await their struggle to reply.

It's a pathetic way to protest and if any notice was taken of it can you imagine what they would be like when FOH is actually running the club

Will they do that every time they are unhappy with a manager in the future ?

I am considering deferring my payments.

i.e. keep the 20 pound aside each month on my side and then donate the amount in full down the line to the FoH when i have an ounce of confidence in the regime at hearts...then reactivate the monthly direct debit too.

I am wary of doing this though. I think fans blackmailing the club over donations is iffy territory. Fans aint always right so think wrong fans to do similar everytime dont agree with something.

Stupid thing to do. Much bigger picture to look at. It also seems a tad petty. Are people just going to cancel the direct debit every time the club does something they disagree with.

Cathro will be out on his erse shortly, hopefully anyone who has cancelled will start pledging again.

Sent from my VFD 600 using Tapatalk

gorgieheart

Not understandable and to be honest f#ckin pathetic... any so called Hearts supporter who cancels the FOH direct debit because the current manager is making a tit of things, should get a bus to easter road and just stay there... absolute roasters !

Sexton Hardcastle

Ah they will be back when we (eventually) get back to a semi/final and demand they should be getting tickets etc.

Usual behaviour from the fair weather fans.

Cutting nose off to spite face! Hierarchy will always change; but with out our contributions, fan ownership will not happen...... I get people being pissed off and things really do need to improve. But cutting off the food supply to the club we have ALL worked tirelessly to save is only shooting our selves in the foot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty poor stuff. Can we assume therefore that their DD's are contingent with good on pitch performance?

Fickle is as fickle does.

Highly likely those 'cancelling' never had one in the first place

Spot on.  Vermin stirring things up.

Cancelling your direct debit hurts the club and doesn't improve results. I would actually understand if fans wanted a refund on their season tickets though. However all is fixed if Cathro walks and we see a team on the park competing.

Pledges are to buy the Club for the fans, build a new Main Stand and for other works around the ground. Withdrawing from that commitment is pathetic and stupid. I also consider these actions are tantamount to blackmail. Folk don't like or object to the use of blackmail well it is imo.

Jambof3tornado

Wont happen in large numbers.

The fact its happening at all should worry budge. It worries me.

The Future's Maroon

Even threatening it is sad imo, but in reality it's up to the pledger themselves, my pledge will go on a lot longer than Cathro and Levein will be at the club.

Space Mackerel

We all know things ain't rosy on the pitch, making them worse off the pitch is sheer stupidity.

I'd think more of them if they'd simply handed their S.t's back rather than hold a gun to FoH's head tbh.

Totally the wrong people to take this out on imo.

100% they won't have season tickets.

First of all facebook !!!!!!!!!!.....that well known source of true information

Secondly if they have maybe we can ask them just how that helps and await their struggle to reply.

It's a pathetic way to protest and if any notice was taken of it can you imagine what they would be like when FOH is actually running the club

Will they do that every time they are unhappy with a manager in the future ?

Saves me typing.

People are naturally going to threaten to cancel their pledges as there is no light at the end of the tunnel,we have suffered this crap for long enough from administration to where we are now a club with the most loyal fans you could ask for yet players and a management team that don't give a shit about fans and a DOF who is having an "experiment".Hearts will always be the most important club in the world to me I just want to see that passion replicated from the powers at be,some passion,some excitement it's been absolutely brutal being a Jambo for too long.

I will continue to pledge because Heart of Midlothian will be around a lot longer than Ian Cathro.

This.

sairyinthat

Get the impression You're hoping to use that as a gun to get what you want,may be wrong and you are just a concerned citizen.

I get it but would NEVER do it. My dough is for HMFC not the current manager, DOF or Chair. It was there before IC and will be there until I can't afford it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the big show

Its misguided but if the fans had a way of channelling the anger so the club would recognise it they probably wouldn't. The foundation relies on the good will of the fans, at present the club is spending a lot of that good will through Cathros failings.

To be in this situation before the seasons even started is ******* horrifying.

What is horrifying is the money that has been wasted on numerous occasions and it does not look like stopping , i know it is maybe wrong people with drawing there pledge etc and it looks as if the FOH is taking the hit however how much more do expect people to put up with given the current circumstances .  Now although not my choice But at end of the day it's a individuals choice ..

The Old Tolbooth

Highly likely those 'cancelling' never had one in the first place

I can assure you, they did, and it wasn't small donations either.

Unknown user

These are the times that football fans stubbornly stand by their team, despite everything the world can throw at them.

Cathro is a dead man walking, it's inevitable now and just a question of when, so there's nothing to be gained by withdrawing funding and making things worse for the club too.

The Foundation of Hearts helped us save the club, it helped bring us back from the abyss, it has helped us fund the fantastic new main stand and it will help ensure no one person can run the club into the ground.

Cancelling direct debit would actually delay fan ownership and is actually detrimental to their goal of fans having more say in the running of the club.

But then the majority of folk claiming to cancel their direct debit are just howling at the moon

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

sandylejambo

I know at least one guy who bleeds Hearts who's had enough, what other course is open to Hearts supporters? I am wondering what I can do that will make her do the right thing and get rid of the head coach, and while I'm not at the stage of suspending my contributions, I need to know what else I can do, because I refuse to do nothing.   

I'd think more of them if they'd simply handed their S.t's back rather than hold a gun to FoH's head tbh.

Totally the wrong people to take this out on imo.

100% this.

Absolute ****ing roasters.

Jaap's Sigh

Anyone cancelling their direct debits live in the ***** Flats, Cum Street, Roaster Lothian, DI1 CK8

That's the F4nny flats.

WheatfieldWarrior

It's a bit hibs.

Archived