Hearts v Tottenham

rudi must stay

rudi must stay

well worth watching. Is this the best performance by an away team ever at Tynecastle? I haven't seen a better performance in my life

Lucille's Thirsty

Sergio tried to go toe to toe with this Spurs side and we couldn't handle the skill,pace and power. Remember watching Bale all night thinking what a tank he was.

The 0-0 in the return leg meant we were the only team not to concede a goal in all competitive games at WHL that season.

Judge Fudge

We hardly got a touch over the 90 that night, they lobbed it over the back to bale from kick off, and I remember thinking yeah that's a goal kick. Wrong, he was on it like a flash. Seeing Dave Mackay made it easier to accept tho. And the your city's on fire song

Lord Beni of Gorgie

We are unbeaten in our last 2 competitive matches away to English Premier League teams

Take that to the bank

Our players were starstruck.

Totally outclassed at a canter as the boys looked even afraid to tackle them.

William H. Bonney

When Kenny black scores I think the commentator says ' the famine is over'.

A bad choice of words perhaps.

The thing I remember is how much bigger physically Spurs were. It was men v boys really.

Stephen Muddie

The away leg despite the tynie thumping was an excellent occasion. Remember the late Mr Mackay making an appearance in hospitality.

Poignant memories

Stephen Muddie

Worst thing apart from the result was some of our fans applauding Bale.

I understood why but still... it didn't strike me as PHM behaviour :pissy:

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Haha! What a team of absolute winners they were..big slim..colquhoun-to this day still my favourite player...beating Bayern Munich at tynecastle...let's bring these days back hearts!

kingantti1874

Worst thing apart from the result was some of our fans applauding Bale.

Still raging at that.. Same folk who probably think Cathro should get as much time as he likes

HamishMcGonagall

I mind gettin back on the supporters bus n having to listen to the BBC sport folk practically wetting themselves at us. Chick young in particular butted in at one point sayin "does anyone want a ticket for white hart lane huhu, I think there'll be a fair few spare huhu"... glad we went down there en masse n sang all night

Fraggle1990

I spewed in a kebab house that night. Can't remember the game. Peeving on a schoolnight, glorious.

Sergio tried to go toe to toe with this Spurs side and we couldn't handle the skill,pace and power. Remember watching Bale all night thinking what a tank he was.

I think I remember watching that game and thinking what a tank Aaron Lennon was.

He's tiny in the EPL but against us he looked like a body builder.

Every player an absolute athlete with the skill and ability to match.

Even now Scottish players looked plucked from the local pub by comparison.

Even tiny guys like Shakiri are solid.

The Van der Vaart show.

I remember Kranjcar being a bit special that night too. Just hoping he's lost all he had for this season

The away leg despite the tynie thumping was an excellent occasion. Remember the late Mr Mackay making an appearance in hospitality.

Poignant memories

Indeed it was a great night and the Spurs fans were appreciative of our efforts in the away end.

Home leg though when Defoe pushes Zal off the ball you knew we were in trouble.

Seymour M Hersh

Still raging at that.. Same folk who probably think Cathro should get as much time as he likes

:rofl:  :rofl:  :bale:

indianajones

I remember Kranjcar being a bit special that night too. Just hoping he's lost all he had for this season

He's auld and pish now.

Doubt he'll be fit for 80% of the season! 

That game was before sectarianism was bad.

Missed the Hamilton Hall sing song but the other boozer  no so far from there was also was bouncing

Great time ...day/night out i may add

Hearts fans that  game  were special

My Uncle from London and Spurs fan at the game was well impressed and is a Jambo to this day..

Harry give us a wave was class at WHL.

Also walking to the ground through riot torn streets singing "we're only here for a telly" Coppers were pissing themselves.

Lucille's Thirsty

I think I remember watching that game and thinking what a tank Aaron Lennon was.

He's tiny in the EPL but against us he looked like a body builder.

Every player an absolute athlete with the skill and ability to match.

Even now Scottish players looked plucked from the local pub by comparison.

Even tiny guys like Shakiri are solid.

Shaqiri's calfs for a midget are quite muscular,they almost look chunky.

It annoys me that this result is sometimes held up as an embarrassing result for Scottish teams in Europe. Spurs were then and are now a top class side. They regular cuff much better teams than us. The focus should be on how well we did in the return leg.

It annoys me that this result is sometimes held up as an embarrassing result for Scottish teams in Europe. Spurs were then and are now a top class side. They regular cuff much better teams than us. The focus should be on how well we did in the return leg.

Jamie McDonald I'm sure tells all that will listen about the day he saved Harry Kanes penalty and kept a clean sheet!

Lucille's Thirsty

Agreed.

That was the beginning of the Spurs that we currently see today.

Any scottish team that fails to be a team with Real Madrid superstar bale isn't the most embarrasing.

Getting humped off Malm? 7-0. Another story entirely

Jermaine Defoe in his prime.

He would still tear the league apart

A young Harry Kane missed the penalty at WHL. For all Jamie McDonald's faults he was great at saving penalties.

The Boozer in Liverpool Steet before the game was incredible atmosphere

Sorry if I've got this wrong.We were outclassed.Did they not sing we want 6.And we sung we want 1 ?

Agreed.

That was the beginning of the Spurs that we currently see today.

Any scottish team that fails to be a team with Real Madrid superstar bale isn't the most embarrasing.

Getting humped off Malm? 7-0. Another story entirely

Love the last line!

:fth:

Away leg was good, but unfortunately it was my only visit back to Blightly to watch Hearts that season...

I should have saved the pass, or at least waited until after the home leg to see if it was worth booking the flights.

The dive by Augenthaler as JC went round him has always amused me watching the Back from the brink video.

The game at WHL was Harry Kane's debut for Spurs

Pretty sure it was one of Kyle Walker's first games in the first leg. And when we played Liverpool that might have been Sterling's debut (17 year old CP helped keet him in check!). Amazing when you think about it considering the transfer fees paid for those two not much later. Plus Bale of course. Would love to get back to playing those teams in Europe again.

PS really didn't get the team or Scottish football at all at that point and it took him a long time to do so.

Our fans at the away leg were unreal. Non-stop singing start to finish.

Shame they couldn't all get a couple of sections sat together at Tynecastle to get the atmosphere going. .

Francis Albert

Away at spurs and liverpool two of the best nights in 50 odd years. Yet many hearts fans seemed to not want us to qualify for europe this season so we could warm up against peterhead.

spurs were awesome but also got a lucky break of the ball to help them on their way

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The night that were from the capital your from a shitehole was actually funny

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Away at spurs and liverpool two of the best nights in 50 odd years. Yet many hearts fans seemed to not want us to qualify for europe this season so we could warm up against peterhead.

spurs were awesome but also got a lucky break of the ball to help them on their way

Not the case Francis. We would all like to be in Europe but said match in Peterhead probably proves the point we are not capable of handling it

Good point - not qualifying for Europe was apparently going to spare us embarrassment!

Archived