Things you have to do but hate

Locky

I'll start with cutting my toenails. ****ing hate it. Especially with nail clippers.

Best things I find are big scissors. Gets it over with quicker.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Riddley Walker

Haven't cut my toenails with scissors since I was a child. Just pick them off every now and again when doing a shite. Nobody ever sees them, couldn't care less how tidy they are.

Samuel Camazzola

Shaving.

Grow a beard like your idol...

Steven Fletcher...

Getting that little puff of air in your eyes when you have them tested.

(Got the Opticians tomorrow....)

willie wallace

Another one for shaving.The actual act takes 5 minutes but the thought process can take up to 3 days.

Sad i know.

Used to have a number of hates, getting up in the morning, shaving, going to work etc. but now getting up means I have another day, shaving means things still matter, and I haven't gone to work for twenty five years. I will not use the word hate, but I am not totally enamored with getting old, will hate when I do get old. :2thumbsup:

Queues at airport - check-in, security, passport control

:spoton:

Just the hassle of flying and the time it consumes overall.

Picking up the dog's shite.  Though I rarely puke up when lifting it these days.

The Internet

Pretty much everything I 'have' to do is only done to either make money or keep others quiet.

Craig Gordons Gloves

Another one for shaving.The actual act takes 5 minutes but the thought process can take up to 3 days.

Sad i know.

I shave on a Monday and if I can get away with it, I won't do it again till the next Monday. Unfortunately I had meetings with vendors this week so has to shave again on Wednesday so that was shite.

Paperwork is my main dread. Tax returns, form from the council about this or that, etc. Hate it.

I don't particularly mind housework if I'm not in a rush, but hanging out washing is the most tedious aspect of it.

One of my clients obliges me to use a certain translation programme which makes everything slower and more complicated for me but makes his life easier.

Another shout for shaving

Cleaning the cats litter tray

You clean the litter tray.

Get the cat to lick your chin to show its gratitude.

You've been shaved.

You scratch its back etc...

Haven't cut my toenails with scissors since I was a child. Just pick them off every now and again when doing a shite. Nobody ever sees them, couldn't care less how tidy they are.

See my girlfriend does that and I hate the thought of it. I'd probably do it but I'm so paranoid I'd rip half the nail off.

As for shaving, I must be one of the few who kinda likes it. Great feeling having a shave and a shower.

Then again I only need to shave once every month or 2. :jjyay:

Judge Fudge

The missus, but serious hat on now. Family politics. How long have we known each other ffs.

Dealing with the general public.

Now you've really shocked me there John, I thought you'd enjoy that seeing how you deal with them so much.

LOL no seriously who can put up with what you suffer 7 days a week.

The daily routine. 5 days a week of the exact same thing.

Wake up, go to work all day, come home knackered and grumpy, then starting over again.

Then your weekend flies by, and before you know it, you're back at work on Monday morning.

Shaving.

This ^. Spend your childhood wishing you had to do it and your adulthood wishing you didn't!

Shite on a stick.

Bowel cancer screening kit. I dread the task, but manage it...just!

Shaving

Cutting the grass - my garden is feckin huge. Don't mind weeding though!!!

Ironing

Driving more than an hour

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Dealing with dicks in my shop, I'm here to sell stuff, not listen to your crap for an hour. Folk think cos you run a shop if there's nobody else there they can just take up your time blethering. I don't know you, you're not my mate, you're buying heehaw, do one! I do actually have stuff I can be getting on with.

Apart from having to deal with people, many of whom are arseholes, changing bed sheets is one of my least favourite things, especially since one of my two sets of bedclothes is slightly too small for my bed and every time I tuck in one corner, it pushes the opposite corner out.

Clipping toenails I find oddly satisfying, however, and hanging up washing on a clothes horse is a lot more enjoyable than doing so on a line outdoors.

Cutting the grass. Takes me an hour and a half, brutal.

I ******* HATE cutting the grass!

Also, washing the car. Looks all lovely & clean & in 3 miles its got about 3 pund o deed bugs all over it!

Apart from having to deal with people, many of whom are arseholes, changing bed sheets is one of my least favourite things, especially since one of my two sets of bedclothes is slightly too small for my bed and every time I tuck in one corner, it pushes the opposite corner out.

Clipping toenails I find oddly satisfying, however, and hanging up washing on a clothes horse is a lot more enjoyable than doing so on a line outdoors.

A line. :lol:

Not heard that in years.

Well done Thaw :2thumbsup:

All roads lead to Gorgie

Picking up the dog's shite.  Though I rarely puke up when lifting it these days.

You get used to picking up your own dogs shite but sometimes I take a dog out for a mate of mine and that is a whole new ball game.  :thumbsdown: yuck.

Unknown user

You get used to picking up your own dogs shite but sometimes I take a dog out for a mate of mine and that is a whole new ball game. :thumbsdown: yuck.

I don't think I've got it in me to pick up something that came out of a dog's arsehole, kudos to you, honestly

All roads lead to Gorgie

I don't think I've got it in me to pick up something that came out of a dog's arsehole, kudos to you, honestly

That makes me very pwoud  :brucey: 

Archived