Come on Ann get Cathro sacked ( merged )

mitch41

Doesn't change the correct opinion that so many have that you are one of the chief moaners about ALL things Hearts when the going gets tough.

If you change the word Hearts to Life then you will be more accurate.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
been here before

I can say it here.

You offer no opinion. You simply set out to try and ridicule or start arguments.

It doesn't bother me, there's antagonistic little pricks in all aspects of life not just internet football forums.

The only one arguing here though Ron is you.

I'm having a discussion with mitch and you've got yourself involved, offering nothing.

Oh aye and alluding very poorly to the fact you think I'm some other poster.

It doesn't bother you though.

Not at all.

:rofl:

Ron Burgundy

The only one arguing here though Ron is you.

Not arguing. I've just stated my opinion that you are not really interested in Hearts, you just like to try and be a smart arse and stir things up. Problem is you just look like an arse IMO.

What's your opinion on Cathro. ? Happy enough?

Again people saying if we win on Saturday it's job done are missing the key point that it's not job done at all. Job done was the straightforward task of beating 4 lower league teams and thus ensuring we were one of the top 4 teams points wise. This guaranteed a seeded spot in the last 16 and guaranteed avoiding Rantic, Aberdeen, St Johnstone and the other 3 group winners with the most points. Even if we win on Saturday it is now highly unlikely we will be seeded in the last 16. Far be it for me to say that Hearts are therefore once again pissing about in the League Cup and not doing what we should be on the football front. Like other recent cup capitulations the potential financial loss may at least get Budge's attention if she's not interested in the football side of it. Last nights shambles could have greater consequences than it being quickly swept under the carpet if we beat Dunfermline.

People saying, wait until the League season starts? You are just delaying the inevitable. There is not a single shred of evidence to indicate better times lie ahead. He has to go now.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

For last night's result? Nah

Locking the gate after the horse has bolted comes to mind. We should have sacked him at the end of last season and let a new manager build a team this summer. Too late now, we have to see how this one pans out in time.

Certainly can't let it run on until Christmas either and waste another season.

We will find out on Saturday if this was just a bad day at the office or whether there are deeper routed problems with our approach.

One thing is for sure, on Saturday we must beat Dunfermline comfortably. Win that and we move on.

The League games will be a truer barometer of how we are developing. If we don't win any of our first 4 games then I will sharpen the pitchfork, until then chill, it's no the end of the world.

Cathro the clown has led hearts to the most embarrassing derby performance in history and to the most embarrassing away result & bottom of league form. There has actually been nothing..absolutely nothing positive to note aside from two wins against a hapless rangers team. What on earth is going on at board level? Why does Craig levein seemingly operate in a parallel universe whereby he gets no blame for this appointment? The guy slumps from one failed project to another. If cathro is sacked I have no faith whatsoever that levein is competent enough to find a replacement.

I have supported Hearts for nearly 50 years and have witnessed heartbreak (Dens 1986, numerous cup final defeats, 0-7), elation (3 cup wins, 5-1 twice, beating Bayern), great entertainment (Slavia Prague, & the Burley performances), boring, disjointed performances (under Seith, Frail, McLean), cracking players (Ford, Jardine, Levein, Robbo, Colquhoun, Hartley Pressley, McCann, Rudi and the great Takis) , journeymen (almost all of the time), imposters (Pinilla, Kingston) two episodes where the club was close to demise and some outstanding managers (Macdonald, Jefferies). In other words the most mixed of bags.

That mixture, for me, has been part and parcel of the joy of following our club. The all too frequent lows always make the occasional highs feel so much stronger.

So, here is one supporter who feels that a horrendous defeat to a fourth tier club is not the end of the world - I have seen bad results many times before. I still feel , as I did when he was appointed, that Cathro would be good for the club, perhaps even terrific, in time.

But Levein should be manager, taking Cathro under his wing for a season or so, to determine whether he has what it takes to be more than a clever coach. The experiment with Cathro is well worth pursuing IMO, but it was the wrong experiment at the wrong time. He had no opportunity to learn to be a Hearts manager and, like Gary Locke, is being destroyed because of it.

heartsfc_fan

Which one are you?

:D just stating a fact. He won't be sacked after 3 competitive games.

Whether or not I agree with that is another thing.

Ann will give him probably 10-15 games before taking action.

been here before

Not arguing. I've just stated my opinion that you are not really interested in Hearts, you just like to try and be a smart arse and stir things up. Problem is you just look like an arse IMO.

What's your opinion on Cathro. ? Happy enough?

No not really interested. shame you didn't say that before Ron you could have come up and told me that at pretty much every away game over the last couple of years or more recently the last couple of midweek games at the other end of the country, last night included.

Despite what you desperately want to think Ron I'm not whoever it is you really want me to be.

You've pretty much proven you're incapable of accepting that. As I said you want to continue this then we can do it via Private Message as I've got no intention of seeing whose maroon ****** can piss the highest on every thread you want to pull yours out on.

I'll be at the game on Saturday not being interested. If you want to meet for a pint before or after feel free. We can discuss Cathro and what you think of my 'Hearts credentials' if you like.

been here before

No not really interested. shame you didn't say that before Ron you could have come up and told me that at pretty much every away game over the last couple of years or more recently the last couple of midweek games at the other end of the country, last night included.

Or perhaps we could discuss the old days in the shed way back when...

Despite what you desperately want to think Ron I'm not whoever it is you really want me to be.

You've pretty much proven you're incapable of accepting that. As I said you want to continue this then we can do it via Private Message as I've got no intention of seeing whose maroon ****** can piss the highest on every thread you want to pull yours out on.

I'll be at the game on Saturday not being interested. If you want to meet for a pint before or after feel free. We can discuss Cathro and what you think of my 'Hearts credentials' if you like.

letsalldothebeattie

Same old overreacting threads yet again after a defeat. We lost by a late penalty we didn't get pumped last night. Honestly some of our fans are embarrassing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cathro the clown has led hearts to the most embarrassing derby performance in history and to the most embarrassing away result & bottom of league form. There has actually been nothing..absolutely nothing positive to note aside from two wins against a hapless rangers team. What on earth is going on at board level? Why does Craig levein seemingly operate in a parallel universe whereby he gets no blame for this appointment? The guy slumps from one failed project to another. If cathro is sacked I have no faith whatsoever that levein is competent enough to find a replacement.

Well that's just not true now is it?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Same old overreacting threads yet again after a defeat. We lost by a late penalty we didn't get pumped last night. Honestly some of our fans are embarrassing

To be honest i am supportive and patient but the performance last night is actually more embarrassing than the threads.

If they don't start playing with tempo and commitment i will start one myself.

Just not good enough

East Fife had 2 great chances on Saturday in the second half that could have changed the game.

Back to 2005

The embarrassing fans are the ones that sit and do nothing. We lost to a 4th tier team from a bloody fishing village. Is this now acceptable!!?

John Findlay

The modern way. Manager/coach is always to blame. Players get off Scot free. Ah but the manager sets them up he decides the tactics blah blah ****ing blah.

Can football players not think for themselves nowadays? Ian Cathro didn't give the penalty away. Arnaud Djoum did.

Ian Cathro didn't hit the bar when it may have been easier to score, Jamie Walker did. Christophe Berra is a great leader. Where was that leadership last night?

I may not have played professional football. I know one thing when I had a poor game on the pitch it wasn't the managers fault I played poorly it was my own. Like all facets of modern society personal responsibility appears to be a no no. Time for the players to man up and show they care playing for Hearts and us Hearts supporters.

What's the point in letting Cathro bring all these players in, to then offload him after 1 bad result? Hearts are backing him, and so will I.

I'm all for not chopping and changing too much and far too often managers are given the bullet far too early but the sooner Cathro gets his jotters the better.

Somewhere between Ann's patience and Vlad's axe would be great.

Dallas Green

It really makes me wonder if people who say they support Hearts on here have actually went to games.

I'm only 28. I've witnessed many ups and down in that time. Do excuse me for not wetting my pants over a blip and getting beat by a lower league team.

It happens.

This is a different team from last year and I'm willing to give them and Cathro some time.

If we had the same team as last year I'd be much more concerned.

We do need another keeper and a midfielder who can take the game by the scruff of the neck.

While others may be fickle in their support of going to games (which is their choice), I'll be going no matter who is playing for us and who is managing us, my support of the club isn't dependant on anything other than there being a club to support.

Remember the year we won the Scottish cup we struggled against Auchinleck. A junior team.

Early season throws up difficult results often. Remember it's still around the pre season stage. We will get better as the season goes on.

Cruyff Turn

Myself and many others gave Cathro a clean slate for this year considering he was going to be here this term.

Clearly what has gone before means that Cathro doesn't have the luxury of 20 games anymore to be successful, it's more like 5-10 games now.

Despite the result last night though I'm not inclined to jump on his back at the moment, doesn't make any difference does it? Just makes for a poisonous atmosphere and a negative start.

As for CL

Craig Levein appoints one bad manager and that's it is it?

We've had a good transfer window so far. Our Academy is doing well.

If Cathro fails, it's his fault and no other.

Gigolo-Aunt

He is not going to get the sack after last night - although it is bloody embarrassing.   With the very tough start to the league campaign though, its a result he could well have done without.

If you have Prince and Cowie playing together in the midfield, you don't need to look very far as to why last night happened.    We have had an age to sort our midfield out (as well as the keeper situation) and we are now just over a week till the first game and its the same old same old.

Nucky Thompson

There can't be any Hearts fans still behind this clown surely

I lost faith in Cathro following the Aberdeen game at tail end of last season.

He still should have the rest of this window and the first round of league games at least.

We are working on other signings - but decent players take time to get over the line.

siegementality

There can't be any Hearts fans still behind this clown surely

I am.

He still should have the rest of this window and the first round of league games at least.

We are working on other signings - but decent players take time to get over the line.

Agents are well aware of the score at clubs, it can't make getting new signings over the line easy when you look at our recent form and throw in last night's result. You would think twice before you advised Hearts to your client.

I am.

From your posting over the years I am pretty certain you are a Jambo but I have to question anyone who wants this guy at our club who is not a Hibs fan.

Nucky Thompson

I am.

Oh well, but you're in the same camp as the entire Hibs support

had the arse ripped out of me at work this morning and I'm not having another season like last. I feel like a hobo must of during the 22games run.

Not good enough by a mile. I'll give him saturdays game but even if we do win it I feel it's just a stay of execution.

A truly awful manager that all opposing supporters love to bits. That says everything

Levein is the only one that will sack him

And hopefully sign an experienced manager.

His post match comments are incomprehensible. Does the players understand what he is trying to do?

Does he?

had the arse ripped out of me at work this morning and I'm not having another season like last. I feel like a hobo must of during the 22games run.

Not good enough by a mile. I'll give him saturdays game but even if we do win it I feel it's just a stay of execution.

A truly awful manager that all opposing supporters love to bits. That says everything

I have guys in the work who turn up their radios to have a laugh when he is being interviewed.

Ibrahim Tall

Tbh I'd have sacked him last season but having already gone all pre-season and a few promising signs I was beginning to feel slightly optimistic before last night ruined that.

I'd give him the Dunfermline game, if he ****s that up and we lose then he needs to go and go that very evening. If we win we just move on and take last night as a blip, for now atleast.

Not joking, but who would we replace him with?

There's not exactly an abundance of managers available and waiting to sign on the dotted line.

It really makes me wonder if people who say they support Hearts on here have actually went to games.

I'm only 28. I've witnessed many ups and down in that time. Do excuse me for not wetting my pants over a blip and getting beat by a lower league team.

It happens.

This is a different team from last year and I'm willing to give them and Cathro some time.

If we had the same team as last year I'd be much more concerned.

We do need another keeper and a midfielder who can take the game by the scruff of the neck.

While others may be fickle in their support of going to games (which is their choice), I'll be going no matter who is playing for us and who is managing us, my support of the club isn't dependant on anything other than there being a club to support.

Remember the year we won the Scottish cup we struggled against Auchinleck. A junior team.

Early season throws up difficult results often. Remember it's still around the pre season stage. We will get better as the season goes on.

It's not a blip though is it? We have been consistently poor this entire calendar year, which having also attended games you will have no doubt observed. It's not the first time we have been beaten in a cup competition by a lower league side either. You're correct in your assertion that this is not the same team as last season, yet the style is still ponderous and the results disappointing.

The point is that people are anything but fickle in their support of the team. Hundreds travelled last night and our season ticket sales are set to be only slightly less than last season. They do have reason to complain though as they are the principal reason management and players are paid.

We can only win 2 competitions so it's vital we stay in one of them in the preliminary stages, improving after elimination is ultimately pointless.

Dallas Green

It's not a blip though is it? We have been consistently poor this entire calendar year, which having also attended games you will have no doubt observed. It's not the first time we have been beaten in a cup competition by a lower league side either. You're correct in your assertion that this is not the same team as last season, yet the style is still ponderous and the results disappointing.

The point is that people are anything but fickle in their support of the team. Hundreds travelled last night and our season ticket sales are set to be only slightly less than last season. They do have reason to complain though as they are the principal reason management and players are paid.

We can only win 2 competitions so it's vital we stay in one of them in the preliminary stages, improving after elimination is ultimately pointless.

We aren't eliminated yet. If Dunfermline beat us and we don't get through this stage then I can understand more unrest.

Again though, it's a new team. I'm willing to give them all a couple months to see how it goes.

Complaining is fine, some on here though need sedatives.

Similar.  Desperately want it to work but no signs at all of that happening.  Not even a glimmer.  Whilst we need a new goalie and midfield, we still have way more than enough to take care of a bunch of part timers, no matter how up for it they were.  Not expecting miracles, but Cathro's has repeatedly failed to get even a respectable level of performance from the players at his disposal.

For last night's result? Nah

Locking the gate after the horse has bolted comes to mind. We should have sacked him at the end of last season and let a new manager build a team this summer. Too late now, we have to see how this one pans out in time.

Certainly can't let it run on until Christmas either and waste another season.

We will find out on Saturday if this was just a bad day at the office or whether there are deeper routed problems with our approach.

One thing is for sure, on Saturday we must beat Dunfermline comfortably. Win that and we move on.

The League games will be a truer barometer of how we are developing. If we don't win any of our first 4 games then I will sharpen the pitchfork, until then chill, it's no the end of the world.

This.

Not joking, but who would we replace him with?

There's not exactly an abundance of managers available and waiting to sign on the dotted line.

Whoever we get, could he do any worse?  Not joking either. I'm struggling to think how changing it could make us worse.  :( 

I try to be pretty balanced and have quietly took a back seat in terms of opinion towards cathro. But I've seen zero evidence that what he is trying to do is any good.

A_A wehatethehibs

What's the point in letting Cathro bring all these players in, to then offload him after 1 bad result? Hearts are backing him, and so will I.

There was no ****ing point, he should have been gone at the end of last season. Keeping him was a colossal mistake. This is not 1 bad result Elgin was shite too, and East Fife was also not that convincing. Looking at the 3 together, to have an aggregate score of only 5-2 against 3 part time sides is absolutely shocking we should be in at least double figures across the 3 games. I repeat, part time sides.

Also over half of the signings have been macphee or levein. Cathro had feck all to do with the 3 major signings of the window so far, Berra, Smith and Lafferty. Not sure about Smith-Brown, Stockton or grzelak

Whoever we get, could he do any worse? Not joking either. I'm struggling to think how changing it could make us worse. :(

This. (Unfortunately)

Someone mentioned Alan Archibald on another thread (for what it's worth always quite liked him)

It's hard not to think a 'steady eddie' type spl manager wouldn't be doing miles better with the same squad

OmiyaHearts

Very convenient of the club to be building a new main stand so we can't protest outside it.

Agents are well aware of the score at clubs, it can't make getting new signings over the line easy when you look at our recent form and throw in last night's result. You would think twice before you advised Hearts to your client.

Players will go where the money is - and I'm genuinely concerned we don't have the cash to do it. The club has had 6 months to ID targets/speak to agents etc. I appreciate it isn't always easy to get what you want at a price you can afford but this had to be a priority for the club - and yet , no progress.

IC is already in the last chance saloon (as far as a lot of fans are concerned) and the only fig leaf he has is trying to get a couple of midfielders in (and I think we do need a couple). If he can't improve the midfield and he persists with the current tactics this can only end one way. 

I don't think there is another club in this league that would put up with him as long as we have. Not one.

Certainly no other supporters

Archived