Ann budge leadership

Selkirkhmfc1874

Everything about the club is fresh and vibrant apart from the football,the football is honking and it will have a knock on effect of all the other areas in which we are doing so well.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everything is relative. Relatively speaking, did they behave any worse than the countess OF fans that behave like animals and don't get banned from their clubs?

My argument isn't that their behaviour was acceptable, just that the standard is set by those 2 clubs so why should we hold ourselves to a higher standard when we have seats to sell and an atmosphere to (drastically) improve?

Our job isn't to raise the bar, just adhere to it. If anyone goes beyond that then fair enough ban them but I don't see why we should turn away paying fans unnecessarily. Obviously in an ideal world etc. but folk complaining about the 'library atmosphere' ties in with the bans being dished out.

Like i said, Budge is doing great in pretty much every other area but this is the one point I'd take issue with.

Agree with this completely - you have to balance it - no one else is banning their rowdies the way Ann is, it's been spoken about before - when tynecastle is rocking its volatile and can intimidate opposition teams

U want to create a family atmosphere but if u end up with a stadium full of families and kids only then it won't help generate the highly charged electric atmosphere that we are famed for - maybe some work on segregation and have the best of both worlds

There is a reason other clubs keep their rowdies - don't see why we should have to be in the minority and advance toward a stadium of happy clappers only

Bowmans_Boot

Agree with this completely - you have to balance it - no one else is banning their rowdies the way Ann is, it's been spoken about before - when tynecastle is rocking its volatile and can intimidate opposition teams

U want to create a family atmosphere but if u end up with a stadium full of families and kids only then it won't help generate the highly charged electric atmosphere that we are famed for - maybe some work on segregation and have the best of both worlds

There is a reason other clubs keep their rowdies - don't see why we should have to be in the minority and advance toward a stadium of happy clappers only

Families are also far less loyal than groups of youngsters going together. If the football is shit, the kids gwt bored and stop wanting to go.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Ann's doing a fine job & I've every confidence in her. We still need to question the board as a whole though & take them to task on this ludicrous "apprentice coach" scheme we have in place thought up by levein. It's clearly an attempt at saving money which is no bad thing but let's be honest we're a football team and I'd sooner have us win the league playing good football in a complete hovel than relegated playing in a palace so get the priorities straight asap please.

Bowmans_Boot

Ann Budge has, generally, done a great job for us and I will always be grateful for her for putting up the money to save our club.

However, there are two main areas I am unhappy/unsure of.

Firstly, the treatment of the young team and Hearts fans in general. We always appear to be super critical and extremely harsh on our own whereas opposition fans do not have to act to the same standards. Examples would be: the young team, who, in football terms, did little wrong at all; Mixu-gate, which was very badly handled and blaming the fans for having to take the ridiculous step of having police in the ground.

Secondly, the new stand. By my calculations we are several millions short and until I hear how this is to be funded I will worry about it. I feel the planning of the funding of this was a little amateurish, which I didnt expect from Ann.

Lucille's Thirsty

Ann Budge has came in and done what's she said she was going to do get the club on a financial stable base and have nothing to do with the footballing side.

Levein is the footballing side and as long as he acts as though there's nothing wrong which there is,everything is rosy with Budge.

Levein is one stubborn man.

J.T.F.Robertson

I can't take another 5 weeks of this never mind 5 months.

Snap!

She has her seat at the SPL table now so HMFC will take a back seat.

Can't wait for her statement today on stripping the titles, no doubt she'll ignore the fans once again.

Holy #*!*

Of course thats her main priority.

I have just had to count to ten to avoid a ban you !*&$#;: absolute $@%"&^/ balloon.

And no hearts balloon either.

Ann Budge i think im right in saying devolved football matters to Levein.

We came up ahead of hibs and Rangers.

She steadied the club putting a main stand long overdue in place.

8,000 of us back the club monthly.

15,000 annually through season tickets.

Thats pretty good leadership.

Levein and Budge have a 5 year plan .

They have targets.

She has targets.

A good leader rides the storms.

And hopefully ignores half wit comments from balloons.

Last nights result was brutal.

Supporters reactions understanable.

That should be imo directed at the football side of things.

And puuulllleeeeaaasssse gtf with the constant referencing of that shite from glasgow on every effin thread.

The obsession is embarrassing

Fully agree with Jake but I think when there is this level of unrest within the support, either Dr Budge or CL need to make more frequent meaningful statements to calm us all down.

An example is the unanimous agreement that we need a goalkeeper and a strengthened midfield. Would it not be a good idea of we given statements of progress in this regard.

I am aware that when our cabbage friends were at their absolute worst, the wall of silence from Petrie drove their dwindling band of supporters crazy.

We are playing 2nd fiddle to them now and that is completely unacceptable.

Alma Matters

Fully agree with Jake but I think when there is this level of unrest within the support, either Dr Budge or CL need to make more frequent meaningful statements to calm us all down.

An example is the unanimous agreement that we need a goalkeeper and a strengthened midfield. Would it not be a good idea of we given statements of progress in this regard.

I am aware that when our cabbage friends were at their absolute worst, the wall of silence from Petrie drove their dwindling band of supporters crazy.

We are playing 2nd fiddle to them now and that is completely unacceptable.

You will need to explain to me how we are playing second fiddle to a newly promoted team that took 3 attempts to get out of the Championship when the league hasn't even started yet.

You will need to explain to me how we are playing second fiddle to a newly promoted team that took 3 attempts to get out of the Championship when the league hasn't even started yet.

It's my strongly held opinion. They've made a fool of us in the Scottish Cup more than once. They've won the Scottish Cup. They've appeared in umpteen semis and finals of cups yet we have been in the wilderness since we trounced them 5 years ago.

And after this latest debacle they are laughing at us yet again. They beat an inferior opponent 6-1 on the same night.

We lose one game and all hell breaks. Yous call yourselves fans. Give him a few months then we will see if there's any improvement. Why not blame the players that didn't give enough?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alma Matters

It's my strongly held opinion. They've made a fool of us in the Scottish Cup more than once. They've won the Scottish Cup. They've appeared in umpteen semis and finals of cups yet we have been in the wilderness since we trounced them 5 years ago.

And after this latest debacle they are laughing at us yet again. They beat an inferior opponent 6-1 on the same night.

Umpteen semis and finals??

They have been an embarrassment for the majority of that 5 years. Winning the cup once in 115 years hardly changes that.

Does our wilderness include romping the strongest championship ever?

Just as well your on the other side of the world if your afraid of that lot having a little chuckle at our expense.

It's nothing compared to what they have given us.

They have been an embarrassment for the majority of that 5 years. Winning the cup once in 115 years hardly changes that.

Just as well your on the other side of the world if your afraid of that lot having a little chuckle at our expense.

I don't want to fall out with you but we handed them that cup win on a plate.

We are not doing nearly as well as you and I expect.

Families are also far less loyal than groups of youngsters going together. If the football is shit, the kids gwt bored and stop wanting to go.

I agree 100%.

When I was about 10 ten years old I was allowed to go to the football with my pals. A group of about 4/5 of us used to travel on the bus from Magdalene.

Nowadays the club won't sell tickets to unaccompanied under 13s.

So kids have to go with their parents which I used to find prohibitive.

Far better with your pals joining in the singing and having fun without your old dad reigning you in.

Too many rules and regulations these days.

Ann's doing a fine job & I've every confidence in her. We still need to question the board as a whole though & take them to task on this ludicrous "apprentice coach" scheme we have in place thought up by levein. It's clearly an attempt at saving money which is no bad thing but let's be honest we're a football team and I'd sooner have us win the league playing good football in a complete hovel than relegated playing in a palace so get the priorities straight asap please.

What makes you think appointing Cathro & Mcphee is saving us money.?

I would imagine they will both be on decent pay similar to any other SPL coaches.

We lose one game and all hell breaks. Yous call yourselves fans. Give him a few months then we will see if there's any improvement. Why not blame the players that didn't give enough?

It's not just about one defeat though. The performances have been erratic and poor for months. He has his own players in now and they are still struggling against mediocre opposition from lower leagues.

If they can't compete at that level what chance will they have in the Spl?

It's not just about one defeat though. The performances have been erratic and poor for months. He has his own players in now and they are still struggling against mediocre opposition from lower leagues.

If they can't compete at that level what chance will they have in the Spl?

Apprentice coaches move on to get better jobs. Only ones benefitting are the teams they are moving to.

Alma Matters

I don't want to fall out with you but we handed them that cup win on a plate.

We are not doing nearly as well as you and I expect.

I agree that we are not at a level anyone wants, but to say we are second fiddle to Hibs at the moment simply isn't true.

It may pan out that way in the coming months, but they staggered over the line to the title with numerous draws in that league last season and they have lost their top scorer.

Let's see how they cope in this league before making them out to be something they are not.

I agree that we are not at a level anyone wants, but to say we are second fiddle to Hibs at the moment simply isn't true.

It may pan out that way in the coming months, but they staggered over the line to the title with numerous draws in that league last season and they have lost their top scorer.

Let's see how they cope in this league before making them out to be something they are not.

The painful fact is that we have played second fiddle to Hibs in Derbies over the last two years - and it is NOT acceptable!!

Apprentice coaches move on to get better jobs. Only ones benefitting are the teams they are moving to.

A fact that seems to be over looked by Mrs Budge when she fell hook, line, and sinker for Levein's fantasy plan!

Alma Matters

The painful fact is that we have played second fiddle to Hibs in Derbies over the last two years - and it is NOT acceptable!!

It certainly isn't. But those were one off games. Let's see how they deal with it over a season.

Big Slim Stylee

Ann Budge has and is doing a tremendous amount of good for the club. Nevertheless, Hearts' success can only be gauged by the results from games, and to that end it reflects on the lieutenants she has appointed, namely our DOF. Whilst I am by no means crying for CL's head, he cannot disassociate himself with Ian Cathro, as obviously Ann sought Craig's advice on the coach's appointment. However, where do we draw the line? Do we go down the Vlad route of going through a myriad of managers irrespective of how well they perform (Burley), or do we continue on with the current structure of having a DOF and our chairwoman keeping a back seat for the footballing side of things? I for one feel that the current system means that there are two many chiefs and not enough Indians and a ship can only have one captain. As such, whilst I appreciate the need for all footballing aspects of the club to be addressed (academy etc), I don't feel that we are big enough to warrant having a DOF and head coach. I feel a manager and competent chair could administer all aspects, including transfers, budgeting for the academy, new stand etc. Although I am aggrieved at last nights result, I feel that there are too many distractions from the core business of getting results (the stand, Ann getting a seat on the board, transition to fan ownership). The prime concern for this season and all seasons is to get a competive and competent squad and maximising the potential of our academy graduates. Currently, we have no teeth in midfield and this needs to be addressed as a priority. I know the transfer window is open for a few more weeks but I find it a cause of alarm that the weaknesses of last season has not been addressed yet.

Oh and FTH

As you add to your post count, try and write in paragraphs. That gave me a migraine.

It certainly isn't. But those were one off games. Let's see how they deal with it over a season.

"Off games" where shit performances were repeated in the last 5 or 6 Derbies!

There is no doubt in my mind that her leadership of this club has been fantastic and it is down to her contribution that we as fans even had the chance to support this football club, let alone have the opportunity to purchase it!

I also don't believe for one moment that she is in anyway a soft leader, in the football side i have no doubt that Craig and Ian will be briefed on what their job is an what expectations she places on them.

Last season she would have set the objectives but they would have been re-addressed when Robbie left, without much warning it appears. Maybe she had lowered the expectations given she supported the appointment of Ian (His first Head Coach role).

The appointment was a risk due to his experience in that role, but i was really excited by it, and i can only imagine it would have looked like a very exciting appointment to her giving that she would have interviewed him.

I believe that she will have already laid out to Craig and Ian exactly what is acceptable this season and any drop below that (I.e not progressing in Betfred Cup, X points from X games early season) will result in a new head coach being appointment and possibly hiring a more experienced manager with Craig continuing his role in a slightly different capacity than as before.

Fingers crossed we win the next 56!

Sy

You could've copied and pasted that from a thread in January. 

We've been around this merry-go-round before.

Ann is in charge end of story. She was happy the scum won cup it came to Edinburgh.She failed to kill off H1B5 when she had chance,not sacking Robbie after promotion.Top 6 next season Celtic. Sevco Sheep H1B5 Ross county Partick Thistle.Bottom six St Johnstone Motherwell Kilmarnock Dundee Hamilton Hearts.

alwaysthereinspirit

It's time for ann budge to show who's the boss imo, levein has surrounded himself with puppets on the coaching side and it's time for ann budge to take control just like levein done on his first day and be ruthless

This place has went to hell in a handbag. Edit. I don't even know what that means.

We are only looking to end of may.As things stand that is how it is no one wants that and I do not want to be proved right

Henry. Henry.

We are only looking to end of may.As things stand that is how it is no one wants that and I do not want to be proved right

You won't be.

To be clear on your first post, you wanted Neilson sacked after promotion ??

Ann is in charge end of story. She was happy the scum won cup it came to Edinburgh.She failed to kill off H1B5 when she had chance,not sacking Robbie after promotion.Top 6 next season Celtic. Sevco Sheep H1B5 Ross county Partick Thistle.Bottom six St Johnstone Motherwell Kilmarnock Dundee Hamilton Hearts.

Get your heid out of the glue bag

Get your heid out of the glue bag

This might come as a shock to Jake but ........I completely agree with you pal. The boy is reeking.

I'm genuinely interested in what it's like to be a lochend cockend? 

5-1

Lucille's Thirsty

:lol:

You're swinging for you're life?

How have you not been launched yet.

Hibs won't finished up Partick let alone Hearts.

The Future's Maroon

Anytime I have started a thread on here I usually check back in and answer some people who have replied....very odd the op (and 2nd poster...who I think is same person) has never been back to comment.

Just saying likes.

1-5 GIRFUY

The Future's Maroon

:lol:

You're swinging for you're life?

How have you not been launched yet.

Hibs won't finished up Partick let alone Hearts.

mods have been on the case.

Selkirkhmfc1874

Anytime I have started a thread on here I usually check back in and answer some people who have replied....very odd the op (and 2nd poster...who I think is same person) has never been back to comment.

Just saying likes.

1-5 GIRFUY

I've gave my opinion , I think ann budge has done a wonderful job on the buisness side of the club but she needs to show leadership on the football side imo

This might come as a shock to Jake but ........I completely agree with you pal. The boy is reeking.

You could hardly disagree Notts.

For all our differences we have our team in common.

Come on people the real culprit here is Levein. He's the one who recruited two young guys who are so obviously not ready to coach at this level and, even worse, he can't see it. He's the one AB put all her faith in and he has let her done very badly. AB was a fan who came along and saved our club and has built strong foundations for the future but she made a big mistake with CL and she has to find the courage to rectify this.

The whole footballing set-up is all right in theory but i'm afraid the way Levein has surrounded his self with his comrades makes it impossible for a manager to manage with freedom. Ann Budge needs to learn that the most important employee at all football clubs is the Manager. Every manager should have the final say on even the DOF.

Sure Ann should take advice on the appointment of a manager but after that the manager has to be given total control of all footballing matters.

You could hardly disagree Notts.

For all our differences we have our team in common.

Amen to that my friend. Its a special bond.

i'm afraid the way Levein has surrounded his self with his comrades makes it impossible for a manager to manage with freedom.

More details on this please. Who has he surrounded himself with and how are they preventing our head coach from doing his job?

More details on this please. Who has he surrounded himself with and how are they preventing our head coach from doing his job?

Dont Ray just dont man......

Good work by TFM on this thread. There's an absolute wankery of hobos around at the moment- genuine collective noun, btw.

Mrs Budge's leadership is beyond reproach. She has been honest from the start that she doesn't ( or didn't) know much about the football side of things. I'm guessing she knows a lot more, now. I think targets will have been set for this season, and if there are early signs of those targets bing missed, changes will be made wherever they're required. At the same time she's overseeing the delivery of a new main stand incorporating offices and club shop, and working with the SPFL, something which many on here wee mor than happy about. While everything isn't rosy teamwise, we can at least cut Mrs Budge a bit slack, surely?

This thread is like a honey trap for glue sniffers, white spirit drinkers and saddos.....aka Hibs fandans!

We wouldn't have a club without Budge (or possibly Levein as he was a major part of her plan). And we wouldn't have Budge if it wasn't for the 8000 FoH pledgers. It's as simple as that. 

5% rule being emphatically confirmed in this thread.

Fairly sure the long departed IJ called it as 10%?

Archived